Old 10-17-2018, 10:56 AM   #1
Burnsjethro
Human being with feelings

Default No sound from plugins

Help please.

I downloaded a free set of plugins called "Orchestra Sounds".

I placed all the files in a folder within my plugin folder. I then did the things I usually do in options and preferences to import the files. Turned Reaper off and back on again. And lo and behold, nothing in my instrument fxs. I saw there was another file outside the file folder I had downloaded called VSC02orchestra.dll (I think). I put this in my "Orchestra Sounds" folder in my plugin folder and did the same thing with options,...
The ...orchestra.dll now appeared in my instruments fxs but did nothing at all when clicked. I tried one of the "instruments" outside the folder along with my other plugins. Nothing.

The other files in the folder are "mse". Is it worth perservering with these files? Any ideas please?

I downloaded another plugin which purported to be string-based. This did play but everything sounded more or less like a synthesiser / organ or just gave kind of spooky Halloween sounds. The trumpet sounded like a trumpety synthesiser!

Suggestions please.

Anton
Burnsjethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:17 AM   #2
solger

Which plugins did you download exactly? Can you please post links to the plugin product pages.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:02 PM   #3
Burnsjethro

Thanks for replying Solger.

http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php...ompler&id=2734
Old 10-17-2018, 02:08 PM   #4
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsjethro View Post
Thanks. I had a quick look.

As example for the VST-64-bit version, there are the following files/folders inside the VSCO2_Rompler_-_64.zip file:
  • VSCO2 Orchestra.instruments <-- folder with the .mse instrument sound files (these are the ones which are loaded via the Instrument selection list inside the VSCO2 Orchestra plugin in Reaper)
  • VSCO2 Orchestra.dll <-- the VSCO2 Orchestra plugin file

Copy both (the folder and .dll file) into the plugins folder - keeping the file/folder structure the same (as inside the .zip file):

Plugin folder
|
|- VSCO2 Orchestra.instruments (folder)
|- VSCO2 Orchestra.dll
|

Then inside Reaper's FX Browser search for 'vsco2' or 'VSCO2 Orchestra'.

Last edited by solger; 10-17-2018 at 02:18 PM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:23 AM   #5
Burnsjethro

Thanks a lot Solger. I think I must have just copied the instruments into a folder and then copied the VSCO2 Orchestra plugin file into the same folder.
This works perfectly and the sounds are not bad at all.

Anton
Old 10-19-2018, 08:40 AM   #6
bigcat1969

Sadly Reaper and Romplers made with Maize Sampler, like the VSCO2 Rompler, don't like each other. You probably need to download the individual instruments and install them in the same way you did this one.

For some reason when you select anything but the first instrument, Reaper can't find the instrument file and it will crash your project as I understand it. This is likely true for other Romplers like Samplescience Player, Orion and Sonatina. Other Reaper users probably have better input, but just FYI.
bigcat1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:08 AM   #7
Burnsjethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat1969 View Post
Sadly Reaper and Romplers made with Maize Sampler, like the VSCO2 Rompler, don't like each other. You probably need to download the individual instruments and install them in the same way you did this one.

For some reason when you select anything but the first instrument, Reaper can't find the instrument file and it will crash your project as I understand it. This is likely true for other Romplers like Samplescience Player, Orion and Sonatina. Other Reaper users probably have better input, but just FYI.
Thanks Bigcat.

Anton