CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 11-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Default Building for X64

I'm getting a mess of errors like this:
What can I do? I have built the iplug release in 64 mode, I am scared to mess up my working 32 bit but it seems ok. What else do I have to build?

1>IPlugExample.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "protected: int __cdecl IPlugBase::UnserializeParams(class ByteChunk *,int)" (?UnserializeParams@IPlugBase@@IEAAHPEAVByteChunk@ @H@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual int __cdecl IPlugBase::UnserializeState(class ByteChunk *,int)" (?UnserializeState@IPlugBase@@UEAAHPEAVByteChunk@@ H@Z)
1>IPlugExample.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __cdecl IControl::OnMouseDown(int,int,struct IMouseMod *)" (?OnMouseDown@IControl@@UEAAXHHPEAUIMouseMod@@@Z)
1>IPlugExample.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __cdecl IControl::OnMouseDblClick(int,int,struct IMouseMod *)" (?OnMouseDblClick@IControl@@UEAAXHHPEAUIMouseMod@@ @Z)
1>IPlugExample.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __cdecl IControl::OnMouseWheel(int,int,struct IMouseMod *,int)" (?OnMouseWheel@IControl@@UEAAXHHPEAUIMouseMod@@H@Z )
1>IPlugExample.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual bool __cdecl IBitmapControl:raw(class IGraphics *)" (?Draw@IBitmapControl@@UEAA_NPEAVIGraphics@@@Z)
1>IPlugExample.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __cdecl IControl::SetValueFromPlug(double)" (?SetValueFromPlug@IControl@@UEAAXN@Z)
1>IPlugExample.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __cdecl IControl::Hide(bool)" (?Hide@IControl@@UEAAX_N@Z)
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:59 AM   #2
Tale
Human being with feelings

What set of build tools are you using? I'm using only Microsoft Windows SDK v7.0 from the command line, and I can build X64 (and Win32) just fine. However, I have created custom MAKEFILEs for this purpose.
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:13 AM   #3
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Im using visual studio 2008
Old 11-12-2009, 05:30 AM   #4
Tale

You are you using the .vcxproj project files to build the libs, right? Because there are also .vcproj project files (for older Visual Studio versions, I guess), but I don't think these files contain an X64 configuration.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:37 AM   #5
pipelineaudio
Mortal

My version of c++ doesnt want to open the vcx versions, but the vcproj versions seem to include the 64 stuff too. Im on windows 32 by the way
Old 11-12-2009, 06:41 AM   #6
schwa
Administrator

Looks like a plain old linking error. The plugin isn't finding iplug.lib, either because it was built to the wrong directory, the plugin project is looking for it in the wrong directory, or it wasn't built in the first place.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:51 AM   #7
pipelineaudio
Mortal

where is lice 64 supposed to go without messing with lice32?
Old 11-12-2009, 07:55 AM   #8
schwa
Administrator

The usual thing to do in MSVC is set the output to $(Platform)/$(Configuration)/$(ProjectName) (which you can do explicitly, or by setting the output directory, or whatever). Then you want your project to look for the libs in the same place.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #9
pipelineaudio
Mortal

I am pretty sure I have the paths set, where all do I make sure of that? For sure the paths in the #includes in all the project files are going to the right place
Old 11-22-2010, 10:12 PM   #10
RRokkenAudio

I'm getting the same error when trying to build x64. Tried building lice and it failed with libpng errors.

Code:
1>..\libpng\pngvcrd.c(39) : error C4235: nonstandard extension used : '_asm' keyword not supported on this architecture
1>..\libpng\pngvcrd.c(40) : error C2065: 'push' : undeclared identifier
1>..\libpng\pngvcrd.c(40) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'ebx'
1>..\libpng\pngvcrd.c(41) : error C2065: 'ebx' : undeclared identifier
1>..\libpng\pngvcrd.c(41) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'push'
1>..\libpng\pngvcrd.c(41) : error C2065: 'push' : undeclared identifier
1>..\libpng\pngvcrd.c(41) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'ecx'
1>..\libpng\pngvcrd.c(42) : error C2065: 'ecx' : undeclared identifier
1>..\libpng\pngvcrd.c(42) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'push'
1>..\libpng\pngvcrd.c(42) : error C2065: 'push' : undeclared identifier
You get the idea...

I am on a x32 machine - Maybe thats the prob

Iplug built fine. But without a lice x32 bit I get the same errors as Aaron.

~Rob.
RRokkenAudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:19 PM   #11
dub3000

a couple of x64 platforms don't support inline ASM the same way as x32 (all the internals are different). i'd look for a define in libpng that'll force it to use plain C, instead of the ASM it looks like it's trying to use.
dub3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:39 PM   #12
RRokkenAudio

Thanks dub.

Commented out and added the following lines in pngconf.h:

Code:
//#  ifndef PNG_ASSEMBLER_CODE_SUPPORTED
//#    define PNG_ASSEMBLER_CODE_SUPPORTED

#  ifndef PNG_NO_ASSEMBLER_CODE
#    define PNG_NO_ASSEMBLER_CODE

EDIT: Still getting all this crap though when trying to compile plugin:

Code:
>MRP1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __cdecl IGraphicsWin::IGraphicsWin(class IPlugBase *,int,int,int)" (??0IGraphicsWin@@QEAA@PEAVIPlugBase@@HHH@Z)
1>MRP1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __cdecl ISwitchControl::OnMouseDown(int,int,struct IMouseMod *)" (?OnMouseDown@ISwitchControl@@UEAAXHHPEAUIMouseMod@@@Z)
1>MRP1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __cdecl IContactControl::OnMouseUp(int,int,struct IMouseMod *)" (?OnMouseUp@IContactControl@@UEAAXHHPEAUIMouseMod@@@Z)
1>MRP1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual bool __cdecl IPlugVST::SendMidiMsgs(class WDL_TypedBuf<struct IMidiMsg> *)" (?SendMidiMsgs@IPlugVST@@MEAA_NPEAV?$WDL_TypedBuf@UIMidiMsg@@@@@Z)
1>MRP1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual bool __cdecl IPlugVST::SendMidiMsg(struct IMidiMsg *)" (?SendMidiMsg@IPlugVST@@MEAA_NPEAUIMidiMsg@@@Z)
Also using "..\..\IPlug\$(ConfigurationName)";"..\..\lice\$(C onfigurationName)" which is the same as x32

~RR.

Last edited by RRokkenAudio; 11-22-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:03 AM   #13
Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRokkenAudio View Post
Commented out and added the following lines in pngconf.h:

Code:
//#  ifndef PNG_ASSEMBLER_CODE_SUPPORTED
//#    define PNG_ASSEMBLER_CODE_SUPPORTED

#  ifndef PNG_NO_ASSEMBLER_CODE
#    define PNG_NO_ASSEMBLER_CODE
I wouldn't comment anything out, because this wll affect the 32-bit build. Instead I have defined PNG_NO_ASSEMBLER_CODE in the 64-bit project/make file.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:55 AM   #14
RRokkenAudio

defined PNG_NO_ASSEMBLER_CODE in the 64-bit project/make file.

Don't really have THAT much understanding as to what you mean there. But I assume you have 2 versions of iplug one for x32/64. Right now i've been compiling iplug in 64x then back to 32x etc.

Still haven't got this working. oh, and yeah, haha i had to uncomment it out for x32 heh..

~Rob.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:16 AM   #15
Tale

I assume you are using Visual Studio, and you are building LICE and IPlug using the and lice.vcxproj and IPlug.vcxproj project files. Both project files contain different build configurations you can choose from. For 32-bit you should choose Release|Win32, for 64-bit you should choose Release|X64.

If your main project also has these options, you can switch between 32- and 64-bit builds with a single click.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:54 AM   #16
RRokkenAudio

ahh, i always open the "solution".. anyhow. Still no luck on the build errors.

~Rob.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #17
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Any more illumination on this would be great. I would love to get the x64 builds working
Old 12-08-2010, 05:11 PM   #18
RRokkenAudio

Yep, still no success: And yeah, I had the x64/release x32 release setup... But i still have to rebuild lice and iplug for x32 and then x64 to try to build x64, just changing the configuration doesnt work...

I mean theres one file for iplug, you have to build it 32 or 64 not sure how its possible to switch between them without rebuilding...

Code:
>MRP1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __cdecl IGraphicsWin::IGraphicsWin(class IPlugBase *,int,int,int)" (??0IGraphicsWin@@QEAA@PEAVIPlugBase@@HHH@Z)
1>MRP1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __cdecl ISwitchControl::OnMouseDown(int,int,struct IMouseMod *)" (?OnMouseDown@ISwitchControl@@UEAAXHHPEAUIMouseMod@@@Z)
1>MRP1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __cdecl IContactControl::OnMouseUp(int,int,struct IMouseMod *)" (?OnMouseUp@IContactControl@@UEAAXHHPEAUIMouseMod@@@Z)
1>MRP1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual bool __cdecl IPlugVST::SendMidiMsgs(class WDL_TypedBuf<struct IMidiMsg> *)" (?SendMidiMsgs@IPlugVST@@MEAA_NPEAV?$WDL_TypedBuf@UIMidiMsg@@@@@Z)
1>MRP1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual bool __cdecl IPlugVST::SendMidiMsg(struct IMidiMsg *)" (?SendMidiMsg@IPlugVST@@MEAA_NPEAUIMidiMsg@@@Z)
Full error list: http://codepad.org/xFAqGzj2

Last edited by RRokkenAudio; 12-08-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #19
RRokkenAudio

ok down to these errors..finally: Had to change the output directories on lice build..

Code:
1>   Creating library x64\Release/test.lib and object x64\Release/test.exp
1>lice.lib(pngread.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol png_init_mmx_flags referenced in function png_create_read_struct_2
1>lice.lib(pngread.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol png_do_read_interlace referenced in function png_read_row
1>lice.lib(pngread.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol png_read_filter_row referenced in function png_read_row
1>lice.lib(pngread.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol png_combine_row referenced in function png_read_row
1>x64\Release/IPlugExample.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
Old 12-09-2010, 12:02 AM   #20
Tale

What version of Visual Studio are you using? I seem to recall that the Express editions won't do x64.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:03 AM   #21
RRokkenAudio

2008 with x64 installed... finally got all the directories right though, for fast swapping.. just this one little bit....

Last edited by RRokkenAudio; 12-09-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:24 AM   #22
Tale

From the makefile I use:

Code:
!IF "$(PLATFORM)" == "X64"
LIBPNGFLAGS = /D "PNG_NO_ASSEMBLER_CODE"
!ELSE
LIBPNGFLAGS = /D "__MMX__" /D "PNG_HAVE_MMX_COMBINE_ROW" /D "PNG_HAVE_MMX_READ_INTERLACE" /D "PNG_HAVE_MMX_READ_FILTER_ROW"
!ENDIF
This would suggest that for x64 you need to define PNG_NO_ASSEMBLER_CODE, but also that you should not define __MMX__, PNG_HAVE_MMX_COMBINE_ROW, PNG_HAVE_MMX_READ_INTERLACE and PNG_HAVE_MMX_READ_FILTER_ROW.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:47 AM   #23
RRokkenAudio

Where the heck is the makefile? I thought that was only for linux or something... or do you mean this goes in the pre-processor stuff..

EDIT:

Thank you guys!!!
~Rob.

Last edited by RRokkenAudio; 12-09-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:08 AM   #24
Tale

Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRokkenAudio View Post
Where the heck is the makefile? I thought that was only for linux or something... or do you mean this goes in the pre-processor stuff..
Most operating systems, including Windows, support makefiles. Although most Windows developers seem to prefer building in Visual Studio using project files, it is also possible to build Windows applications from the command line (with nmake). I have added makefiles (*.mak) to LICE and IPlug, so I can build them from the command line using only the free Windows SDK.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:43 AM   #25
olilarkin

thanks for the tips here guys,

anyone else seeing this error to do with vstintptr in IplugVST when building for x64:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2010-12-26 at 13.12.30.jpg (53.4 KB, 500 views)
Old 12-27-2010, 12:27 AM   #26
Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by olilarkin View Post
anyone else seeing this error to do with vstintptr in IplugVST when building for x64:
Yeah, I also get that warning when building a VST for Windows x64, but things seem to work OK anyway.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:12 PM   #27
pylorca

I can build lice and iplug for x64, but when I try to build the plugin I have many linker errors:

(VC++ 2010, windows XP sp3 32bits)

Code:
1>  CustomControls.obj : MSIL .netmodule or module compiled with /GL found; restarting link with /LTCG; add /LTCG to the link command line to improve linker performance
1>     Creating library x64\Release\test.lib and object x64\Release\test.exp
1>IPlug.lib(IGraphicsWin.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_atof
1>IPlug.lib(IGraphicsWin.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_calloc
1>lice.lib(pngrtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sprintf
1>lice.lib(png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sprintf
1>lice.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sprintf
1>IPlug.lib(IPlugVST.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sprintf
1>IPlug.lib(IPlugBase.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sprintf
1>IPlug.lib(IParam.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sprintf
1>lice.lib(pngread.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sprintf
1>IPlug.lib(IPlugBase.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_strstr
1>IPlug.lib(Hosts.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_strstr
1>IPlug.lib(IPlugBase.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__wassert
1>IPlug.lib(IGraphicsLice.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__wassert
1>IPlug.lib(IPlugBase.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fclose
1>lice.lib(lice_jpg.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fclose
1>lice.lib(lice_png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fclose
1>IPlug.lib(IPlugBase.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fprintf
1>lice.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fprintf
1>lice.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fprintf
1>IPlug.lib(IPlugBase.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fopen
1>lice.lib(lice_jpg.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fopen
1>lice.lib(lice_png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fopen
1>IPlug.lib(IPlugBase.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sscanf
1>lice.lib(jmemmgr.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sscanf
1>IPlug.lib(Log.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__localtime64
1>IPlug.lib(Log.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__time64
1>IPlug.lib(Log.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_clock
1>IPlug.lib(Log.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_strftime
1>lice.lib(lice_jpg.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_longjmp
1>lice.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_longjmp
1>lice.lib(lice_jpg.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__wfopen
1>lice.lib(lice_png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__wfopen
1>lice.lib(lice_line.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_qsort
1>lice.lib(jdatasrc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fread
1>lice.lib(pngrio.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fread
1>lice.lib(jmemmgr.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_getenv
1>lice.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_strncpy
1>lice.lib(pngset.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_strncpy
1>lice.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp___iob_func
1>lice.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp___iob_func
1>lice.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_strtod
1>x64\Release\SatsonBuss.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 21 unresolved externals
mmmh...
pylorca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:17 AM   #28
cc_

I seem to remember I had a similar problem because I wasn't linking to the correct libraries. Sorry I can't remember the details!
cc_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #29
captain caveman

Firstly I'd just like to again thank Tale, because the advice he gave in this thread solved this issues I had with building for x64.

edit: big post about me imagining the output file name being affected by PLUG_NAME in VS2008 and not VS2010 when neither do it.

Last edited by captain caveman; 03-08-2011 at 03:19 AM.
captain caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:33 PM   #30
pylorca

my linker command line
Code:
/OUT:"x64\Release\SatsonBuss.dll" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO 
/LIBPATH:"C:\dev\WDL-satson\lice\X64\Release" 
/LIBPATH:"C:\dev\WDL-satson\IPlug\X64\Release" 
/DLL "lice.lib" "IPlug.lib" "kernel32.lib" "user32.lib" "gdi32.lib" 
"winspool.lib" "comdlg32.lib" "advapi32.lib" "shell32.lib" "ole32.lib" 
"oleaut32.lib" "uuid.lib" "odbc32.lib" "odbccp32.lib" 
/NODEFAULTLIB:"libc.lib" 
/NODEFAULTLIB:"msvcrt.lib" 
/NODEFAULTLIB:"libcd.lib" 
/NODEFAULTLIB:"libcmtd.lib" 
/NODEFAULTLIB:"msvcrtd.lib" 
/MANIFEST:NO /ManifestFile:"x64\Release\SatsonBuss.dll.intermediate.manifest" 
/ALLOWISOLATION /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" 
/PDB:"C:\dev\projects\Satson\Buss\x64\Release\SatsonBuss.pdb" 
/ASSEMBLYDEBUG:DISABLE /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /OPT:NOREF /OPT:NOICF 
/PGD:"C:\dev\projects\Satson\Buss\x64\Release\SatsonBuss.pgd" /TLBID:1 /DYNAMICBASE:NO 
/IMPLIB:"x64\Release\test.lib" /MACHINE:X64 /ERRORREPORT:QUEUE
Old 03-08-2011, 04:08 AM   #31
Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylorca View Post
my linker command line
I have just tested your link command line, and it works here (although I did had to leave out /ALLOWISOLATION). Like cc_ has already suggested: Perhaps you are linking with the 32-bit standard library files (i.e. shell32.lib etc.) instead of the 64-bit?

This is my 64-bit library path:
Code:
LIB=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\Lib\amd64;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Lib\X64;
And this is my 32-bit library path, so you can see the difference:
Code:
Lib=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\Lib;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Lib;
Noe that I don't use Visual Studio, but I suspect it to have a similar library path setting somewhere.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #32
pylorca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale View Post
I have just tested your link command line, and it works here (although I did had to leave out /ALLOWISOLATION). Like cc_ has already suggested: Perhaps you are linking with the 32-bit standard library files (i.e. shell32.lib etc.) instead of the 64-bit?

This is my 64-bit library path:
Code:
LIB=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\Lib\amd64;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Lib\X64;
And this is my 32-bit library path, so you can see the difference:
Code:
Lib=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\Lib;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Lib;
Noe that I don't use Visual Studio, but I suspect it to have a similar library path setting somewhere.
Thanks tale!

the library dirs are ok, but I doen't have the sdk 7.1, I'm working with de 7.0A. Now I downloading the 7.1

Code:
$(VCInstallDir)lib\amd64
$(VCInstallDir)atlmfc\lib\amd64
$(WindowsSdkDir)lib\x64
Thanks!
Old 03-08-2011, 01:38 PM   #33
pylorca

I don't know why, but now only IPlug.lib has link errors when I try to build my plugin.

Code:
1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: SatsonBuss, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>  CustomControls.cpp
1>  helpers.cpp
1>  SatsonBuss.cpp
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\Containers.h(123): warning C4800: 'BYTE' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\IGraphics.h(43): warning C4800: 'void *' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)
1>  Saturation.cpp
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\Containers.h(32): warning C4005: 'PI' : macro redefinition
1>          c:\dev\projects\satson\buss\helpers.h(4) : see previous definition of 'PI'
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\Containers.h(123): warning C4800: 'BYTE' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\IGraphics.h(43): warning C4800: 'void *' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\IGraphicsWin.h(24): warning C4800: 'HWND' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)
1>  Biquad.cpp
1>  CustomControls.obj : MSIL .netmodule or module compiled with /GL found; restarting link with /LTCG; add /LTCG to the link command line to improve linker performance
1>IPlug.lib(IGraphicsWin.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_atof
1>IPlug.lib(IGraphicsWin.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_calloc
1>IPlug.lib(pngrtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sprintf
1>IPlug.lib(png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sprintf
1>IPlug.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sprintf
1>IPlug.lib(IPlugVST.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sprintf
1>IPlug.lib(IPlugBase.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sprintf
1>IPlug.lib(IParam.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sprintf
1>IPlug.lib(pngread.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sprintf
1>IPlug.lib(IPlugBase.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_strstr
1>IPlug.lib(IPlugBase.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__wassert
1>IPlug.lib(IGraphicsLice.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__wassert
1>IPlug.lib(IPlugBase.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fclose
1>IPlug.lib(lice_jpg.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fclose
1>IPlug.lib(lice_png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fclose
1>IPlug.lib(IPlugBase.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fprintf
1>IPlug.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fprintf
1>IPlug.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fprintf
1>IPlug.lib(IPlugBase.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fopen
1>IPlug.lib(lice_jpg.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fopen
1>IPlug.lib(lice_png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fopen
1>IPlug.lib(IPlugBase.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sscanf
1>IPlug.lib(jmemmgr.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sscanf
1>IPlug.lib(lice_jpg.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_longjmp
1>IPlug.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_longjmp
1>IPlug.lib(lice_jpg.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__wfopen
1>IPlug.lib(lice_png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__wfopen
1>IPlug.lib(Log.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__localtime64
1>IPlug.lib(jdatasrc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fread
1>IPlug.lib(pngrio.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fread
1>IPlug.lib(lice_line.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_qsort
1>IPlug.lib(jmemmgr.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_getenv
1>IPlug.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_strncpy
1>IPlug.lib(pngset.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_strncpy
1>IPlug.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp___iob_func
1>IPlug.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp___iob_func
1>IPlug.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_strtod
1>x64\Release\SatsonBuss.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 21 unresolved externals
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
Old 03-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #34
pylorca

when compliled x64 IPlug with /W3

Code:
1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: IPlug, Configuration: Release X64 ------
1>  Hosts.cpp
1>  IControl.cpp
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\../wdlstring.h(77): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\../wdlstring.h(77): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\../wdlstring.h(100): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\../wdlstring.h(104): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\../wdlstring.h(100): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\../wdlstring.h(123): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\../wdlstring.h(104): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\../wdlstring.h(123): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\../wdlstring.h(140): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\../wdlstring.h(143): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\../wdlstring.h(179): warning C4996: '_vsnprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _vsnprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
1>          C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\stdio.h(363) : see declaration of '_vsnprintf'
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\../wdlstring.h(140): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\../wdlstring.h(143): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\../wdlstring.h(179): warning C4996: '_vsnprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _vsnprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
1>          C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\stdio.h(363) : see declaration of '_vsnprintf'
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\../wdlstring.h(194): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\../wdlstring.h(199): warning C4996: '_vsnprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _vsnprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\../wdlstring.h(219): warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
1>          C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\string.h(105) : see declaration of 'strcpy'
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\../wdlstring.h(223): warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.

1>          C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\string.h(105) : see declaration of 'strcpy'
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\../wdlstring.h(223): warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\Containers.h(88): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\Containers.h(88): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\IPlugStructs.h(70): warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\IPlugStructs.h(77): warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
1>c:\dev\wdl-satson\iplug\IPlugStructs.h(283): warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
1>          C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\stdio.h(371) : see declaration of 'sprintf'
1>  IGraphics.cpp
1>IControl.cpp(384): warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
1>IControl.cpp(387): warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
1>IControl.cpp(390): warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
1>  IGraphicsLice.cpp

1>Log.cpp(39): warning C4996: 'fopen': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using fopen_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
1>          C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\stdio.h(234) : see declaration of 'fopen'
1>Log.cpp(139): warning C4996: 'localtime': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using localtime_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
1>          C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\time.inl(112) : see declaration of 'localtime'
1>Log.cpp(146): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>Log.cpp(155): warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
1>Log.cpp(156): warning C4996: 'strcat': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcat_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
1>          C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\string.h(110) : see declaration of 'strcat'
1>  IPlug.vcxproj -> C:\dev\WDL-satson\IPlug\X64\Release\IPlug.lib
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========
Old 03-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #35
pylorca

more info:

Code:
1>  
1>  Searching libraries
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\wininet.lib:
1>      Searching C:\dev\WDL-satson\lice\X64\Release\lice.lib:
1>      Searching C:\dev\WDL-satson\IPlug\X64\Release\IPlug.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\kernel32.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\user32.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\gdi32.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\winspool.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\comdlg32.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\advapi32.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\shell32.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\ole32.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\oleaut32.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\uuid.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\odbc32.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\odbccp32.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\lib\amd64\LIBCMT.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\lib\amd64\OLDNAMES.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\lib\amd64\msvcprt.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\wininet.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\kernel32.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\user32.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\gdi32.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\winspool.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\comdlg32.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\advapi32.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\shell32.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\ole32.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\oleaut32.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\uuid.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\odbc32.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\odbccp32.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\lib\amd64\LIBCMT.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\lib\amd64\OLDNAMES.lib:
1>      Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\lib\amd64\msvcprt.lib:
1>  
1>  Finished searching libraries
1>  
1>  Searching libraries
1>  
1>  Finished searching libraries
1>IPlug.lib(pngrtran.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sprintf
1>IPlug.lib(png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sprintf
1>IPlug.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sprintf
1>IPlug.lib(pngread.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sprintf
1>IPlug.lib(lice_jpg.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fclose
1>IPlug.lib(lice_png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fclose
1>IPlug.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fprintf
1>IPlug.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fprintf
1>IPlug.lib(lice_jpg.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fopen
1>IPlug.lib(lice_png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fopen
1>IPlug.lib(jmemmgr.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_sscanf
1>IPlug.lib(lice_jpg.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_longjmp
1>IPlug.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_longjmp
1>IPlug.lib(lice_jpg.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__wfopen
1>IPlug.lib(lice_png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__wfopen
1>IPlug.lib(jdatasrc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fread
1>IPlug.lib(pngrio.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_fread
1>IPlug.lib(lice_line.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_qsort
1>IPlug.lib(jmemmgr.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_getenv
1>IPlug.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_strncpy
1>IPlug.lib(pngset.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_strncpy
1>IPlug.lib(pngerror.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp___iob_func
1>IPlug.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp___iob_func
1>IPlug.lib(pngrutil.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp_strtod
1>x64\Release\SatsonChannel.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 21 unresolved externals
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
MSVC search in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A instead of C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1

mmmmhhh...
Old 03-09-2011, 12:12 AM   #36
Tale

You are compiling everything using the static version of the run-time library (i.e. with /MT), right?
Old 03-09-2011, 12:34 AM   #37
pylorca

Yes
Code:
/I"C:\dev\wdl-satson\IPlug" /I"C:\dev\wdl-satson\lice" /Zi /nologo /W3 /WX- /MP /O2 /Ob1 /Oi /Ot /Oy- /GL /D "VST_API" /D "WINVER=0x0501" /D "_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE" /D "PNG_NO_ASSEMBLER_CODE" /D "_VC80_UPGRADE=0x0710" /D "_WINDLL" /D "_MBCS" /Gm- /EHsc /MT /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fp"x64\Release\SatsonBuss.pch" /Fa"x64\Release\" /Fo"x64\Release\" /Fd"x64\Release\vc100.pdb" /Gd /wd"4250" /wd"4018" /wd"4267" /errorReport:queue

lice and iplug with /MD

I re-build lice and iplug with /MT but new errors emerge, like:

Code:
1>helpers.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void * __cdecl operator new[](unsigned __int64)" (??_U@YAPEAX_K@Z)
1>helpers.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl operator delete[](void *)" (??_V@YAXPEAX@Z)
1>helpers.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol rand
1>IPlug.lib(pngmem.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol free
1>IPlug.lib(jmemnobs.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol free
1>x64\Release\SatsonBuss.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 56 unresolved externals
Old 03-09-2011, 12:45 AM   #38
pylorca

the version I'm using is next branch from cockos
Old 03-09-2011, 02:07 AM   #39
Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylorca View Post
Yes
Code:
/I"C:\dev\wdl-satson\IPlug" /I"C:\dev\wdl-satson\lice" /Zi /nologo /W3 /WX- /MP /O2 /Ob1 /Oi /Ot /Oy- /GL /D "VST_API" /D "WINVER=0x0501" /D "_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE" /D "PNG_NO_ASSEMBLER_CODE" /D "_VC80_UPGRADE=0x0710" /D "_WINDLL" /D "_MBCS" /Gm- /EHsc /MT /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fp"x64\Release\SatsonBuss.pch" /Fa"x64\Release\" /Fo"x64\Release\" /Fd"x64\Release\vc100.pdb" /Gd /wd"4250" /wd"4018" /wd"4267" /errorReport:queue

lice and iplug with /MD

I re-build lice and iplug with /MT but new errors emerge, like:

Code:
1>helpers.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void * __cdecl operator new[](unsigned __int64)" (??_U@YAPEAX_K@Z)
1>helpers.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl operator delete[](void *)" (??_V@YAXPEAX@Z)
1>helpers.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol rand
1>IPlug.lib(pngmem.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol free
1>IPlug.lib(jmemnobs.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol free
1>x64\Release\SatsonBuss.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 56 unresolved externals
It is my understanding that you can't mix /MD and /MT. I saw LIBCMT.lib in your link libraries search, so I assumed you you are using /MT.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:10 AM   #40
Tale

Default Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 and Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4

If you are using Visual Studio 2010 and the Windows SDK, then perhaps you could better not install Visual Studio 2010 SP1 at this time:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/visualc/gg697159