Old 09-19-2017, 10:14 PM   #41
jiff 41
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgon View Post
Please excuse my seemingly ignorant absence but I've been trying off and on how to simply upload a RAR file from android devices to net storage sites such as BOX.com

[insert rant here] I dunno why it should be so difficult to upload 100 megs of RAR file to a site such as BOX.com, the way it's set up it allows to think everything's working ok but there's no result at the end of the process. I'll give it another run tmrw via Dropbox.

@TL, thanks and there's certainly a lot of what you do that I aspire to.
Try this, see if it's any better?, I find it's the easiest of em all?, mind I only use a PC!
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...9ApKLWPAdX0q3A
Old 09-20-2017, 02:09 AM   #42
morgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammydix View Post
Sorry MOrgon, but except for a bit of a rushed collaboration, I haven't had much time for music or mixing. I figured I'd been sitting on this too long and finally put it together.

Peter read the comments and also sent another acoustic guitar track, so I just mixed both yours and his in.

I know Peter's new guitar has some notes that pop out and could use some automation, but I don't have time for that at the moment.
I'm still liking the version before, the one I posted but I might be a gtr w*nker
morgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:19 AM   #43
sammydix

They were all good parts, but some of it distracted from Peter's verse vocals when you were playing over them. So I didn't edit things because I thought they were bad or anything, only when it pulled from the verse or chorus vocals. More for song cohesiveness than anything. I can send you a version with everything in place if you'd like, no problem at all.
sammydix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:28 AM   #44
morgon

I agree, I'm cool with it; typical guitar player, deliberately plays too much with the intention of it being edited back with options, then has separation anxiety for a short while once that process happens and a couple of riffs get edited out haha. Anyways, sounds really good to me as it is now, cheers.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:52 AM   #45
sammydix

Kindafishy was the exact same way. But in our case, it usually worked because I was in "rock voice" mode. We did one soft song with a female singer and he played pretty much all the way through. Great stuff, but too much for the song. When I cut some of his parts, he had the identical reaction you did. So I can totally understand it.

In a song like this (and the above female ballad), I think the words and melody should take more prominence and anything extra should only accent certain parts.

Rest assured though, that on my OWN songs, I don't give a flip. I want it all.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:57 PM   #46
morgon

All good, I look forward to possible future collabs, cheers.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:01 AM   #47
Dream Of Sleeping

Vocals, harmonies, and piano, synths all sound great. Lovely chorus melody.The verse melody is very close to Knights In White Satin though.

I thought the drums were not great to be honest. I like the close up dead sound of them, but they sound like a robot played them. Maybe take out the hi hats on drum fills. Also the way the drums come in sounded completely wrong.Not to self promote but my last song I start acoustic and bring the drums in and maybe I'm biased but I think my way of bringing them in works better than yours. I'd like to hear how they sound just coming on the drum fill. Have you humanized them at all?
Dream Of Sleeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:31 AM   #48
sammydix

Thanks man, but this is done for now.