Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 09-24-2021, 01:17 PM   #41
ferropop
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramses View Post
Try just using more instances of latency inducing plugins. Duplicate tracks if you have to.
The Time Adjustment Delay js plugin lets you add time-delay that literally raises PDC as its mechanism.
ferropop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 08:09 AM   #42
WaveTrans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramses View Post
Try just using more instances of latency inducing plugins. Duplicate tracks if you have to.
Cheers, I tried that. Unfortunately I was not able to set up a test-project that shows the exact phenotype, namely the stuttering/jamming. Seems the stuttering comes only with a fair amount of load from mutiple layered busses, tons of plugins and whatever. Latency accumulation alone does not produce the effect.

However, if load is behind this issue, rendering/freezing all tracks of a stuttering project should help to alleviate the stuttering but it didnīt. Again only deactivating mSpectralDynamics did.

At one point I thought it may have something to do with Reaperīs VST3 handling since Soothe2 was reported here, to cause the same issues. On the other hand, VST3 Pro-Q3 in natural or linear mode with side chain automation (to replace mSpectralDynamics in ducking mode) increases latency and CPU load but does not give cause for any stuttering, even when used in multiples.
(Which seems to be a worthy replacement for mSpectralDynamics in this respect)

This may point to the plugins themselves being responsible, but since I was not able to reproduce the issue in a test project, we may never know.

So still clueless. Getting a better PC may be the way but presently everythings seems either overpriced, not in stock or both
WaveTrans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 08:10 AM   #43
WaveTrans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferropop View Post
The Time Adjustment Delay js plugin lets you add time-delay that literally raises PDC as its mechanism.
Cheers tried that too, but latency alone did not cause the issues so I couldnīt set up a proper test project.
WaveTrans is online now   Reply With Quote