Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 08-19-2014, 01:49 AM   #1
chamelious
Human being with feelings

Default "+ MIDI: bring track CC/PC up to date from earlier items when seeking" - PROBLEMS

This feature causes problems for me.

I use a session of Reaper to run backing tracks and send bank change messages to Kemper Profiling Amps. The songs are all within one project and separated by markers, they contain click tracks for drummer. When starting for example, song 2, Reaper will "remember" the last bank change message and switch to that, before changing to song 2 on the first beat of the song.

In a lot of cases the change must happen on the first beat of the song, not before. Therfor there is no workaround with the newer versions of Reaper and i must use 4.3 or earlier.

I request that this feature be given an on/off switch. I can see how it could be useful for some, but it must also be a hindrance to others like myself.
chamelious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:13 AM   #2
EvilDragon

Why not just set CC/PC to the value you want a beat or so before the actual item as a temporary workaround?
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:19 AM   #3
chamelious

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Why not just set CC/PC to the value you want a beat or so before the actual item as a temporary workaround?

Each song has a count in. Bank change is after the count in, on beat 1 of the song. The bank must stay the same until then (sometimes its a clean tone which switchs to distortion on beat 1). To do this i'd have to set a bank change before the count in starts, to send the same patch we're already on. To be honest, as well as this being a pain/potential to get it wrong, sending a bank change for the same bank you're on can still cause disruptions in the sound.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:08 AM   #4
chamelious

Has this been made an official request?