Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 06-12-2021, 05:21 AM   #1
Peewee_1985
Human being with feelings

Default (SOLVED) Media Item coloring similar as in Pro Tools

Hello!

Newbie here!

I'm just trying to figure out whether there's a way to change media item colouring of my theme to something like this:

http://proclass.com.br/home/wp-conte...ig.-1-pt-7.jpg

I mean, I want nothing to change except the background colour of the item (white or close) and the wave to follow the colour of the track. IMO its easier on the eyes.

I'm using Hydra by the way.

Is it possible? If so, would you help me?

Thanks a lot to all of you.

Last edited by Peewee_1985; 07-27-2021 at 05:20 AM.
Peewee_1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 03:35 PM   #2
xpander

You'll have to unpack the theme, find the item background images from the resource folder and edit them. Read the sticky 2.Common tweaks to a REAPER theme for the basics of how to do that.

The images you are looking for are item_bg.png for the unselected items and item_bg_sel.png for selected items. When editing those images, make sure you don't touch or recolor the pink lines in the corners. Those lines will define areas which are not stretched when the item sizes are adjusted.

Ask more help if something is not clear or working. Welcome to the forums.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 04:25 PM   #3
Chef

You can try unpacking the theme by going to the REAPER resource path under "options" then find your theme in the ColorThemes folder. I use 7-zip and just right-click and select "extract here"

Inside the new folder, open up rtconfig.txt and delete "tinttcp 250".

Save the file and then rezip the theme file and folder then rename the zipped folder extension to ".ReaperThemeZip".

This will enable the previously disabled "Custom Colours" controls under Preferences>Appearance>Peaks/Waveforms

You can play around with those checkboxes if you would like to add some colour to your media item peaks and background.

To get the white colour background, open the action list and find "Theme development: show theme tweak/configuration window" and search for "media item background" in the theme development/tweaks window that opened up.

Change all the colours to white. Hydra has a dark tint so you can try changing the background fill mode to add, although any colour other than white will be somewhat transparent.

This is pretty much the extent of my knowledge on theming, I hope this made sense
Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:06 AM   #4
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Modern (v5 and later) themes use images to control the custom colouring. As xpander said, you can unpack the the theme (instructions in this sticky) and either edit the item_bg images, or steal them from another theme with item colouring that you like. You do not need to repack the theme to use it.

Do not change your tinttcp line, this enables the legacy coloring controls that will behave unpredictably with a modern theme.

An explanation of the difference between legacy and v5 custom colouring is HERE.
Old 07-27-2021, 05:20 AM   #5
Peewee_1985

I'm so sorry to answer this late! Been through family health issues.

Thank you so much to both of you. I finally made it possible!

Kind regards,
Peewee_1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 09:04 AM   #6
JRTaylorMusic

I gave up on this early on, but this makes me want to revisit. Would you mind sharing what specific changes you made to achieve this?
JRTaylorMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 12:37 PM   #7
Rednroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTaylorMusic View Post
I gave up on this early on, but this makes me want to revisit. Would you mind sharing what specific changes you made to achieve this?
I may be able to help since I just solved a similar problem. However, I'm a little uncertain about what the original question is asking since they posted a picture of multiple items and I'm unsure which specific item they were trying to achieve.

Could you be a little more specific?

Most of it can be done under the theme tweak adjustments. Where I ran into a problem was that when I selected a media item my background media selection color didn't match what I entered into the media item tweak settings and no amount of Alpha adjustment got me there.

What I found is that depending on your theme's "item_bg_sel.png" image color, that color will always blend into your media item selection and can be combined with the track lane background color as well. So essentially there's a possibility of having 3 different colors blending depending on your theme tweak settings. In my case that image was Black, where I ended up swapping it out with a transparent "item_bg_sel.png" instead. Now what I enter into the theme tweak settings, is what I get.

Last edited by Rednroll; 08-06-2021 at 12:56 PM.
Rednroll is offline   Reply With Quote