Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Spatial Audio

Old 05-23-2020, 05:31 AM   #41
audiotect
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by junh1024 View Post
If Logic is stable for you, you can do 7.1 surround. It's a HQ 2D format which can approximate or exceed the quality of 3oA 2D.

ED: Or you might be using it already.

PS: would you be interested in this https://i.imgur.com/CrOwbCK.png ?
Oh yes, I´ve been doing Surround in logic for some years now. Works very fine for "normal" stuff, and I have used also for more unormal stuff.
The Link is showing someting interesting? Some spatial plug in for Reaper.?
Looks very interesting.
In reaper I also use the Rea surround but it´s not my favorite solution.
audiotect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 10:26 PM   #42
potscrubber

I'm going to shamelessly revive this thread, as it's the best discussion I've been able to find on Spat R. Which happens to be on special at the moment so I'm think about just getting Essential to play with it a little bit now I have a 7.1.4 monitor system. I'm a veteran of Spat V1 days.

Just wondering if peeps like Søren are still using Spat R? Has the software quality improved? I see it had a lot of updates in 2022 and one in Feb 2023. (I just managed to somehow make Flux Center non responsive first try ha ha, some things don't change).

I watch all the webinars. I listen to a lot of very fast talking.
potscrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 02:38 AM   #43
audiotect

Hi
Søren Here
Yes I´m still using Spat R, although It´s been a few months not doing so - at the moment I´m doing more straight/standard stuff that I can do natively in Reaper - so that´s why Spat R is not the main tool right now. I´ve had my ups and downs with the program but In recent time it has become more stable and I´ve managed to work out a few "workarounds" or just "don´t do this". I cannot remember all of them - but most of it is about "locking" parameters by using automation in Reaper. I tend to use Reaper/spat R instead of Reavolution/Spat R - Some stuff that I use a lot (shortcuts, menus etc) are different and It slowed down my workflow when using Reavolution. And was just used to Reaper/spat R. Also the looping works better for me in Reaper a main thing for me because of my exhibitionwork.
I only use Spat R for exhibitionswork - straight music work I do in Logic Pro X or reaper or ableton live.

I do think Reavolution is cool but because I do a lot without Spat R - only reaper and move things around between sessions I just seems easier to stay in reaper.

I Can for sure recommend checking flux´s page about troubleshouting/routing etc. and I still read the manual - bit by bit. I solve a problem when I get it
If you run into any issues just reach out - Maybe I can help/maybe not..
But I´ll try :-)

Best Søren
Old 07-28-2023, 05:39 AM   #44
potscrubber

Hi Søren

Thanks for reporting back! Really appreciate the report of your now significant experience with the product. No doubt deployment of Spat R as a live processor is still not for the unwary.. really need to shake out the instabilities and operational limitations for a situation.

Also a big question in my mind is if the rev is a noticeable improvement from v1/v3 which if I'm honest was serviceable but lacking in wow factor. Of course the only way to know is to invest some time in testing the latest version.

Agree the docs have improved for sure. Never quite sure about the utility of Reavolution yet. Let's see after some experimentation.

Thanks again!
Simon
potscrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 05:56 AM   #45
audiotect

cool
are you talking reverb?
If so I´m not the best to ask cause I tend to switch it of. It sounds fine but I work in rooms and uses these rooms reverbration most of the time.
Old 10-12-2023, 11:29 PM   #46
JLP

Hello there,

I was scrolling the REAPER spatial audio forum when I found this post. I'm part of the FLUX team, having done the ReaVolution set of scripts and being one of the main trainer on the software.

I'm sorry to hear that some of you had no answer from our support. We usually are very reactive there. Did you use our "official" support portal?

Regarding the issues you've experienced, let me know what's the problem, I'll try to help you !
JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 03:23 PM   #47
audiotect

Hi JLP
Good to see you in the loop and stay in the loop :-)
I had and have good experience with support but did notice that others didn´t/doesn´t.

My main issues with spat R is looping issues - I can manage with very low buffersettings (and NOT using infinte reverb..!) but my Old Mac Pro cannot handle it anymore. Hope my next project with have a cashflow big enough for a new mac :-)

As explained I tend to go with reaper/Spat r, not Reavolution/Spat r because of my moving stuff around between reaper sessions - But also because for every update of reavolution i loose the Reaper app, incl. my custom set up, I have to run a check of all of my plug ins again (a lot) and because you made up some different stuff/ a different set up for the basic set up for reavolution - different than Reaper. Good solutions, but when moving stuff around and working most of the time in Reaper - augh!

Just small "complains" - reavolution in itself is brilliant.
Old 10-14-2023, 03:42 PM   #48
audiotect

Oh one thing: The automatic naming of the send plug in that happens in reaper/Spat R (at least with the VST version) would be cool to have in reavolution also. timesaver
Old 10-30-2023, 10:02 AM   #49
JLP

Hello Audiotec,

Yes, ReaVolution has a lot of limitation for further customization. Mainly because it is, by itself, a very user customized REAPER install.

I can't say that an improvement of ReaVolution is on our roadmap, but I have many ideas anyway to improve much of the issues you have listed :
+ Moving the code and new menus to a c++ extension to avoid using user customization
+ using ReaPack to install and update, at least as an alternative.

Track naming is now handled by the VST3 PI. It is indeed a limitation of the VST SDK. The issue is that the VST3 version of SPAT plugins can't override the io setup of the track. So ReaVolution is stuck to VST for now. A solution could be to send OSC messages to SPAT to set the names. If I remember correctly, I've seen a post in the forum that showcase a way to send network message through a lua scripts.
Old 11-04-2023, 02:17 PM   #50
audiotect

Cool
keep up the work :-)
I think it is working fine in many ways
Old 11-12-2023, 01:15 PM   #51
audiotect

So - after updating SPat R to latest version today 12 nov. and updating Reavolution also to latest version today all of my automation between reavolution and Spat R is not working.

Why?

Haven´t done anything but updating and opening sessions

a strange behavior (maybe) Although the session is not running the timecode is running...?

Best
Søren
Old 11-12-2023, 02:17 PM   #52
audiotect

Still messing around with the sws extensions.

When sws is both installed in the reavolution user plug ins folder and the reaper user plug ins folder I get an error message - and it clearly says it is looking for sws in both folder - fair enough
I then delete it in the reavolution folder and keep the latest version in the Reaper folder. when reopening realution it tells me there is an updated version..?
When checking reaper it only suggests the beta version hence the version installed is the latest official version.

I dont get it.

attached the message from reavolution.
Attached Images
File Type: png about sws updates.png (73.1 KB, 62 views)
Old 11-15-2023, 06:06 AM   #53
JLP

Hello Søren,

I think we will need more information, as I don't reproduce any of your issues :/

Can you give me the configuration of the computer you are using, and also the version of OS ?

I also believe it's worth opening a ticket on our support system, so you can send us the Spat and REAPER session.
Old 11-15-2023, 12:22 PM   #54
audiotect

Hi JLP
I am in contact with Arsène from flux so I’ll just take from there.
In short: I didn’t Change anything, just updated Spat R and also reavolution (via Flux center) and then the problem started.
I even checked with Nuendo 12 and the issue was the same

Issue in short: the automation doesnt match in Reaper/reavolution and Spat R
And Azimuth doesnt respond at all and after writing automation it doesnt playback

Best
Søren
Old 11-16-2023, 01:22 AM   #55
audiotect

here is a short screen recording of what is (not happening)
from my youtube account (not public only when using link)
https://youtu.be/3Yxye4BOirw
Old 01-02-2024, 01:51 PM   #56
chral

Default Reavolution - Show Selected Track + Send Track

Dear SpatRevolution-Users,

as working with with the concept of audio and LAP-Send-tracks on large projects can be very confusing, I made a little script which shows the selected audio track + corresponding send tracks and hides all others.

More info you find in this original thread:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=286828

Or here the script directly:

https://github.com/halbius/Reaper-ShowSpatTracks
chral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 04:06 PM   #57
audiotect

Cool - will try
I’m starting up a large project right now

Best
Audiotect/Søren