Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 08-17-2017, 06:51 AM   #1
checho
Human being with feelings

Default Replace audio files keeping edition of entire track

Hi comunity!! This is my first post

I have a question and i try to explain it simplest.

I have a song with noise cause ir a free version of this song, and i edit this with this noise. (from 4 min to 30 seconds... whatever). Now this music likes to the client and i buy it (No more noise). I want to know if Reaper can do a replace of all audio files of the same track with another "master audio file" with the same lenght, transients and properties, but without noise.

Something like "Match criteria" in protools HD.

I hope than understood this request. And... sry my english burn so many eyes.
checho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 02:05 PM   #2
andyp24
Human being with feelings

If I've understood your request correctly, the answer is "yes, easily".

I think what you've got is an playlist containing one or more audio files which you want to replace with a better version of the same audio, but without having to do the edits again....?

If so, select all the items which are edited sections of the "bad version" of the song (right click and drag if they're all together, or Ctrl-click on PC/ cmd-click on Mac if they're spread out.

Then when they're all selected press F2 to open Item Properties (Or find this action in the menus if F2 does something else on your setup). It will open up a window saying something like "Item Properties for 18 items" (Or however many are selected).

Down near the bottom of the window is a line showing something like "Source Media File" which should show the name of the "bad version" of the track. Next to that is an option to "select new media for item" (I'm guessing at the exact wording because I'm not at my computer to check so describing this process from memory). That should bring up a window to navigate to the new "good version" of the track, and clicking "ok" should replace the old bad version with the new good one in each item.

This does of course mean that the songs must be exactly in sync between the two files or it won't work.

If what you're looking for is an automatic way to compare the audio waveforms of two out-of-sync files, and get Reaper to recognise which bits of them are "the same" then as far as I know this can't be done in Reaper yet.

Hope this helps
Andy
andyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote