Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2020, 08:45 AM   #11881
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistik View Post
Hey guys probably very noob question, but is it at all possible to use a MIDI device at the same time both with CSI as a control surface (some buttons and rotaries) and as a MIDI input to trigger MIDI notes on a channel (keys or pads for example).

I just bought a Presonus Atom pad controller and am looking at the best way to integrate it with reaper. Atom has drum pads, buttons and rotaries. I would love to use the pads for triggering drum samples and all the other controls as I define them in CSI.

I tried to have Atom enabled both as a MIDI input and in CSI with no effect.

Is there a way for CSI to transmit MIDI notes to the selected track?

Thanks for your help.
The other alternative if you really wanted to do this type of thing would be to use something like Bome MIDI Translator to intercept the MIDI from the device, and basically split out the note data to virtual port 1, and the other data to virtual port 2. Then you'd use virtual MIDI port 1 in Reaper for notes, and port 2 in CSI for control. I'm sure it could be accomplished there, you could setup a translator, then have that translator run in the background at startup.

I'm pretty sure you could demo it and try it out to see if it meets your needs in a satisfactory way.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 10:56 AM   #11882
StormBlåst
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 15
Default

"MapFocusedFXToWidgets" somehow doesn't work on my Master track... it works fine on other tracks, what would be causing the problem?

I have Icon Pro X and Pro XS extender.
StormBlåst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 12:07 PM   #11883
Mistik
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
The other alternative if you really wanted to do this type of thing would be to use something like Bome MIDI Translator to intercept the MIDI from the device, and basically split out the note data to virtual port 1, and the other data to virtual port 2. Then you'd use virtual MIDI port 1 in Reaper for notes, and port 2 in CSI for control. I'm sure it could be accomplished there, you could setup a translator, then have that translator run in the background at startup.

I'm pretty sure you could demo it and try it out to see if it meets your needs in a satisfactory way.
Thanks for the tip, will check it out tomorrow.

Do you think sending midi notes to the active track is something that could be programmed into CSI as a feature? Something like a ForwardMIDI action for each note.. That would actually enable all kinds of keyboard controllers with knobs to be used with CSI and would be game changing imho
__________________
IconPlatformNano for CSI v1.0 - WORKING - tested with CSI 1.0, nano firmware v1.14
Download here: https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?c...jhj9kIlzA6RRik
Mistik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 05:11 PM   #11884
todoublez
Human being with feelings
 
todoublez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: beijing
Posts: 482
Default

Hi,Recently I'm setting up my StreamDeck as a midi controller.
Here I set up one button to test with the code I wrote after monitoring that button's message.

here's wat I got:


and then I create a zone file and MST file for testing it,
see if it works or not. (apparently not this time..lol)
here is my code:

Code:
Widget Button1
	Press 9f 00 01
	FB_TwoState 9f 00 01 9f 00 00
WidgetEnd
Code:
Zone "Stream Deck"
     Button1	Reaper "_RS553cbd792c2f41e6b942fbbc366422e9599a360c" 
ZoneEnd
here's my CSI setup:



I only create one button for testing.
I assume if I got it right I could replicate them quickly.
but it didn't work.

is it something wrong with my code ?
__________________
Reaper 6.15 / SWS/S&M: v2.11.0 / Hackintosh OSX High Sierra 10.13.6
i9 9900KS / 8 Cores base:4.0Ghz turbo:5.0Ghz / 64G RAM /
JS_ReaScriptAPI: v1.215 / Ultraschall API: v43220.00
todoublez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 05:42 PM   #11885
siniarch
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by todoublez View Post
Hi,Recently I'm setting up my StreamDeck as a midi controller.
Here I set up one button to test with the code I wrote after monitoring that button's message.

here's wat I got:


and then I create a zone file and MST file for testing it,
see if it works or not. (apparently not this time..lol)
here is my code:

Code:
Widget Button1
	Press 9f 00 01
	FB_TwoState 9f 00 01 9f 00 00
WidgetEnd
Code:
Zone "Stream Deck"
     Button1	Reaper "_RS553cbd792c2f41e6b942fbbc366422e9599a360c" 
ZoneEnd
here's my CSI setup:



I only create one button for testing.
I assume if I got it right I could replicate them quickly.
but it didn't work.

is it something wrong with my code ?
Is there a reason why you want to set up the streamdeck as a midi? I used to have a programmable keyboard with 48 keys and was using it to add shortcuts to Reaper and worked really well. What I didn't like was having to remember what each key did. I put some really small labels on the keys and it kind of worked. When I didn't remember what something did, I just looked at the label and gave me an idea of what it did.
I got the Streamdeck to replace the keyboard, and just programmed the keys with the regular streamdeck software. I also made custom graphics for my buttons so I know what they do. Works really well, but it's still not as fast as a keyboard. But I don't have to stop and look at really small lables. There's something about a keyboard that just works without looking. The Streamdeck's buttons are not as ergonomically designed as the keyboard. But it's great to have more than one layer and to be so customizable.

I'm just wondering how much are you gaining by making the Streamdeck buttons be MIDI.

Thanks.
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 05:46 PM   #11886
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by todoublez View Post
Hi,Recently I'm setting up my StreamDeck as a midi controller.
Here I set up one button to test with the code I wrote after monitoring that button's message.

here's wat I got:


and then I create a zone file and MST file for testing it,
see if it works or not. (apparently not this time..lol)
here is my code:

Code:
Widget Button1
	Press 9f 00 01
	FB_TwoState 9f 00 01 9f 00 00
WidgetEnd
Code:
Zone "Stream Deck"
     Button1	Reaper "_RS553cbd792c2f41e6b942fbbc366422e9599a360c" 
ZoneEnd
I only create one button for testing.
I assume if I got it right I could replicate them quickly.
but it didn't work.

is it something wrong with my code ?

CSI always starts out at the Zone named "Home", try changing this:

Code:
Zone "Stream Deck"
     Button1	Reaper "_RS553cbd792c2f41e6b942fbbc366422e9599a360c" 
ZoneEnd
to this:

Code:
Zone "Home"
     Button1	Reaper "_RS553cbd792c2f41e6b942fbbc366422e9599a360c" 
ZoneEnd
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:17 PM   #11887
todoublez
Human being with feelings
 
todoublez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: beijing
Posts: 482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
CSI always starts out at the Zone named "Home", try changing this:

Code:
Zone "Stream Deck"
     Button1	Reaper "_RS553cbd792c2f41e6b942fbbc366422e9599a360c" 
ZoneEnd
to this:

Code:
Zone "Home"
     Button1	Reaper "_RS553cbd792c2f41e6b942fbbc366422e9599a360c" 
ZoneEnd

I changed it and it didn't wrk at first.
but ! I found that I forgot to restart my REAPER.
now they wrks !

thx @Geoff Waddington
have a wonderful day !
__________________
Reaper 6.15 / SWS/S&M: v2.11.0 / Hackintosh OSX High Sierra 10.13.6
i9 9900KS / 8 Cores base:4.0Ghz turbo:5.0Ghz / 64G RAM /
JS_ReaScriptAPI: v1.215 / Ultraschall API: v43220.00
todoublez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 07:57 PM   #11888
Mistik
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by todoublez View Post
I changed it and it didn't wrk at first.
but ! I found that I forgot to restart my REAPER.
now they wrks !

thx @Geoff Waddington
have a wonderful day !
to save some time while programming it should also reload the zone if you go to CSI options, edit the zone and click OK twice to close.
__________________
IconPlatformNano for CSI v1.0 - WORKING - tested with CSI 1.0, nano firmware v1.14
Download here: https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?c...jhj9kIlzA6RRik
Mistik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 08:01 PM   #11889
Mistik
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 12
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistik View Post
Do you think sending midi notes to the active track is something that could be programmed into CSI as a feature? Something like a ForwardMIDI action for each note.. That would actually enable all kinds of keyboard controllers with knobs to be used with CSI and would be game changing imho
Geoff I guess you're the man to ask - what are your thoughts on this, is it a whole lot of work or a simple thing to implement? i mean forwarding MIDI data to tracks so we could use keyboard and pad controllers with CSI as well..

or is it just me who thinks it'd be a great feature :P
__________________
IconPlatformNano for CSI v1.0 - WORKING - tested with CSI 1.0, nano firmware v1.14
Download here: https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?c...jhj9kIlzA6RRik
Mistik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:43 PM   #11890
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistik View Post
Geoff I guess you're the man to ask - what are your thoughts on this, is it a whole lot of work or a simple thing to implement? i mean forwarding MIDI data to tracks so we could use keyboard and pad controllers with CSI as well..

or is it just me who thinks it'd be a great feature :P
I think a lot of folks would like this, certainly a lot have asked about it

How would you know which data to forward, and which data is meant for CSI ?

As far as I know, the midi limitation is built into Reaper itself, perhaps for exactly the reason stated in the previous sentence
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 03:40 AM   #11891
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
I think a lot of folks would like this, certainly a lot have asked about it

How would you know which data to forward, and which data is meant for CSI ?

As far as I know, the midi limitation is built into Reaper itself, perhaps for exactly the reason stated in the previous sentence
Right! There are a couple different midi streams in Reaper and they keep them separate for a reason.

@Mistik

I really think bome midi translator is your answer here.

Does that device have channels you can change on the device easily?

For instance, in bome, you can say "everything that comes in channel 1, send out bome virtual midi port 1" and the same for channel/port 2.

Then map one channel to csi and enable the other one in preferences.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 06:08 AM   #11892
Mistik
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Right! There are a couple different midi streams in Reaper and they keep them separate for a reason.

@Mistik

I really think bome midi translator is your answer here.

Does that device have channels you can change on the device easily?

For instance, in bome, you can say "everything that comes in channel 1, send out bome virtual midi port 1" and the same for channel/port 2.

Then map one channel to csi and enable the other one in preferences.
Yes, I can send controls to one channel and the pads to another on Presonus Atom so hopefully that'll do the trick. MIDI translator indeed looks like a great option!
I'll try it out for sure, thanks.

I just love how straight forward it is to set things up in CSI once you get a hold of it, so now all of the controls on my midi keyboards that I could make use of with CSI are sticking in my eye

I'm guessing the simplest way would be to forward any MIDI messages that are not defined in the .mst file to the selected track or a virtual MIDI channel in reaper. Or the other way around, to define each key you want to forward and have a forward action in the zone file. I have no experience in reaper programming though so I might be talking nonsense..
__________________
IconPlatformNano for CSI v1.0 - WORKING - tested with CSI 1.0, nano firmware v1.14
Download here: https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?c...jhj9kIlzA6RRik
Mistik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:44 AM   #11893
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistik View Post

I'm guessing the simplest way would be to forward any MIDI messages that are not defined in the .mst file to the selected track or a virtual MIDI channel in reaper. Or the other way around, to define each key you want to forward and have a forward action in the zone file. I have no experience in reaper programming though so I might be talking nonsense..

Conceptually, if you work with Bome, you would actually be going into bome first. From there, you'd make translators that split things off into different virtual midi ports.

Looking at the manual, you can even change the pads to send control messages. So in theory, you could even include the pads in your csi setup, then switch the pads back to notes on your device and play instruments with them.

In BMT, theres a few different ways you could do this and I'm not really all that versed in it.

You could set up translators that take all the cc messages from the atom and send it to virtual port 1. Then you would map all of those cc's (including the pads) in your mst.

Then another translator that takes all note messages and send it to virtual port 2 and that device would be enabled in Reaper preferences>midi devices. You could then select Bome Virtual Midi Port 2 as in input device on any channel you wanted.

There's probably a more eloquent way to do in BMT, but conceptually I was just trying to take you through how the routing would work.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:01 AM   #11894
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,782
Default

...and just to build on everything cjewellstudios said (which was spot on), you could save this setup in Bome and have it launch in the background when Windows starts so you never have to think about it again and it's transparent to you on a go-forward basis.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:50 AM   #11895
Mistik
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
...and just to build on everything cjewellstudios said (which was spot on), you could save this setup in Bome and have it launch in the background when Windows starts so you never have to think about it again and it's transparent to you on a go-forward basis.
sounds great, thanks to both of you for the help.

when I get around to play with this, probably this weekend, i'll be happy to share the results here for other Atom users.
__________________
IconPlatformNano for CSI v1.0 - WORKING - tested with CSI 1.0, nano firmware v1.14
Download here: https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?c...jhj9kIlzA6RRik
Mistik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 06:54 AM   #11896
jmu0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 1
Thumbs up Keyboard emulation

Hi,
Just started playing with CSI and my MCU pro and extender. Couldn't get it to work at first, but after reading the last 150 (!) pages of this forum it was easy...

I find myself reachin for the Enter, Escape and Arrow keys on my keyboard a lot. Is there a way to hook these up to a widget? The mcu has enter/cancel/arrow keys...

Great work guys!
jmu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 04:00 PM   #11897
RobinGShore
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 576
Default

Seeing a few minor problems with Eucon automation display. The automation cycling now skips write mode like we discussed last week, but if I switch a track into write mode from within Reaper, it doesn't update the Eucon display. I would still like Eucon to show that a track is in write mode, even though write mode is skipped when I cycle through modes.

Also some of the global automation overrides are still not showing correctly. If global auto is set to touch in Reaper it shows up as latch in Eucon, when global auto is set to latch it shows as latch preview. When global auto is set to latch preview it show is read, and when global auto is set to write, it shows as touch.
RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM   #11898
WaveTrans
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Forest City
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Thanks for providing the extra info and sorry for the delay in getting back to you (gig pressures)
Many thanks for looking into my stuff.
Sorry for taking so long to try everything out.
The gig went well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
The ToggleFX,ToggleSends and AutoMap functions have been removed and the mapping is now done using MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets and OnFXFocus MapFocusedFXToWidgets. Both use GoZone Home to 'unmap'.
Exactly. This used to be working nicely with the Beta CSI from 05/05/2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
A more complicated problem is the lack of 'Sync Zones Across Surfaces'.

As far as I can tell, what you want to do is to press a button on the Nano (which has extra buttons in addition to the usual channel stuff like Select, Solo. Mute etc) and have the Sends map across the Nano and the X+ (which only has channel buttons).

Without ZoneLink to map the Sends on the X+ when pushing a button on the Nano, I'm not sure how you would do this. Geoff?.
In the answer to a post of mine, Geoff informed me that this function was not available any more. (https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=20)
I seem to recall, Geoff told someone in a post at around the time of posting the cited post that a sync zones function is in development, but I can´t say if this is the former "Sync Zones Across Platforms" action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Maybe you could assign something like this on the X+:
Code:
Control+Select|  MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
I tried that and moving the mapping action to buttons on the X+ works!
Even with modifiers.
So, thanks very much for this which solved this problem for me.

Set it up like this for the X+:

Code:
Zone "Channel"
	......
        Select|  TrackUniqueSelect	/Hit to return to Track
	Select| Reaper  "40293"		/and close send menu
        Select| GoZone "Home"		/

	Shift+Select|   TrackUniqueSelect				/
        Shift+Select|   MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets  / Map Sends 1-8
	Shift+Select|   Reaper  "40293"	                /Open I/O menu
	
	Option+Select|	GoZone "Home"	            /"Home" button for Xplus 
                                                  /needed to leave FXFocus 
                                                   /toggled on the Nano
        .....
ZoneEnd

Since you wondered if and how this

Code:
	Zoom+Up 		Reaper "40111"
	Zoom+Down 		Reaper "40112"
	Zoom+Right 		Reaper "1012"
	Zoom+Left 		Reaper "1011"
works, I can only say it works well in combination with Jockwheelhack.

As to the how, I can only speculate.
Midi data from one button stroke is

Code:
IN <- NanoX Zoom 1.000000
IN <- NanoX Zoom 0.000000
Zoom-buttons light up and stay lit when pressed once and become dark when pressed again. So maybe a Nano specific internal hardwired or so thing, as we observed with the TrackLeft/Right and ChannelBank buttons.

I am not shure but do MCU devices (real ones) not have Up/down/left/right buttons? If they are for zooming, maybe the zoom buttons toggle the joggwheel to become these Up/down/left/right buttons.

Anyway, again many thanks and cheers for helping me out.

WT

Last edited by WaveTrans; Yesterday at 10:09 AM.
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM   #11899
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,596
Default

New build is up.

CSI v1_0.zip

Fixed automation bugs, hopefully

Added new Actions:

TrackPanLeftDisplay
TrackPanRightDisplay
PageNameDisplay
TrackSendPanDisplay
TrackSendPrePostDisplay
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM   #11900
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
New build is up.

CSI v1_0.zip

Fixed automation bugs, hopefully

Added new Actions:

TrackPanLeftDisplay
TrackPanRightDisplay
PageNameDisplay
TrackSendPanDisplay
TrackSendPrePostDisplay
Woohoo! Can't wait to dig in. Thank you sir!
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM   #11901
RobinGShore
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
New build is up.

CSI v1_0.zip

Fixed automation bugs, hopefully
Automation display is all working perfectly now. Thanks Geoff!

I've finally started digging into fx mapping today and I uncovered one more straggling touch automation bug. I'm seeing similar problems to what we had earlier with volume and pan when I automate fx parameters using touch mode. . If I grab a knob for an fx parameter in touch mode then let go, when I grab it again, the envelope will jump to the value it was previously released on as soon as I move the knob left or right. If I just touch the knob without moving it at all it will write the correct value. But as soon as I move it at all it jumps to the incorrect value
RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM   #11902
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinGShore View Post
Automation display is all working perfectly now. Thanks Geoff!
Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinGShore View Post
I've finally started digging into fx mapping today and I uncovered one more straggling touch automation bug. I'm seeing similar problems to what we had earlier with volume and pan when I automate fx parameters using touch mode. . If I grab a knob for an fx parameter in touch mode then let go, when I grab it again, the envelope will jump to the value it was previously released on as soon as I move the knob left or right. If I just touch the knob without moving it at all it will write the correct value. But as soon as I move it at all it jumps to the incorrect value
Hmmm...

The code looks like it should work, let me dig a bit deeper...
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM   #11903
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
Many thanks for looking into my stuff.
Sorry for taking so long to try everything out.
The gig went well?
No problem, glad you got it working My mix clients are happy

Quote:
I seem to recall, Geoff told someone in a post at around the time of posting the cited post that a sync zones function is in development, but I can´t say if this is the former "Sync Zones Across Platforms" action.
I think this is the same thing. It will probably need to make comeback for exactly the use case you encountered- extender surfaces don't have spare buttons to control Zone naviagtion.


Quote:
I tried that and moving the mapping action to buttons on the X+ works!
Even with modifiers.
So, thanks very much for this which solved this problem for me.
Glad it works as a workaround until something better comes along
Quote:
Since you wondered if and how this

Code:
	Zoom+Up 		Reaper "40111"
	Zoom+Down 		Reaper "40112"
	Zoom+Right 		Reaper "1012"
	Zoom+Left 		Reaper "1011"
works, I can only say it works well in combination with Jockwheelhack.
I'll check this out on the MCU and see if it works there too.
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM   #11904
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
New build is up.

CSI v1_0.zip

Fixed automation bugs, hopefully

Added new Actions:

TrackPanLeftDisplay
TrackPanRightDisplay
PageNameDisplay
TrackSendPanDisplay
TrackSendPrePostDisplay
Thanks for this. I've integrated the Send Displays into my OSC mixer, will do the same for the big setup

One question, how do we go about implementing PanWidth on OSC?
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #11905
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Thanks for this. I've integrated the Send Displays into my OSC mixer, will do the same for the big setup

One question, how do we go about implementing PanWidth on OSC?
Best I can tell from experimenting a week or two ago, MCUTrackPan doesn't work, but you can still kick it old school for Pan Width and handle via alternating zones. That's why those new PanL and PanR Display actions are helpful for folks like me who might want pan zones for those. That should give you the full compliment to setup your pan zones however you need.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM   #11906
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,782
Default

Speaking of OSC, MixMonkey or Geoff (or anyone), has anyone run into issues with toggle buttons on OSC sometimes missing a button press or just generally behaving a little odd? I've experimented with Toggle Buttons vs. Push Buttons, tried Local Feedback Off, but I can't get 100% consistent button behavior. I landed on "Toggle Buttons are the way to go" but sometimes, usually the first time, it'll require two presses to toggle a state.

Wondering if I'm doing something wrong or that's a potential bug.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM   #11907
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Speaking of OSC, MixMonkey or Geoff (or anyone), has anyone run into issues with toggle buttons on OSC sometimes missing a button press or just generally behaving a little odd? I've experimented with Toggle Buttons vs. Push Buttons, tried Local Feedback Off, but I can't get 100% consistent button behavior. Sometimes, usually the first time, it'll require two presses to toggle a state.

Wondering if I'm doing something wrong or that's a potential bug.
The only Toggle buttons I've got are for the Modifiers (couldn't make them work with Push Button), but they work ok.

Regarding the PanWidth thing, I tried the old GoZone method, but couldn't get any joy. I wondered whether the PanWidth action was still there?
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM   #11908
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Speaking of OSC, MixMonkey or Geoff (or anyone), has anyone run into issues with toggle buttons on OSC sometimes missing a button press or just generally behaving a little odd? I've experimented with Toggle Buttons vs. Push Buttons, tried Local Feedback Off, but I can't get 100% consistent button behavior. I landed on "Toggle Buttons are the way to go" but sometimes, usually the first time, it'll require two presses to toggle a state.

Wondering if I'm doing something wrong or that's a potential bug.
Don't see that here.

Is it truly intermittent, or does it just happen on the intial press ?
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM   #11909
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Regarding the PanWidth thing, I tried the old GoZone method, but couldn't get any joy. I wondered whether the PanWidth action was still there?
I guess the first question is, why would you want to do it that way using OSC ?

With OSC you could set up two widgets, Pan and PanWidth, and be done with it

The only reason we need the MCU flavour is due to the limitation (one encoder) on the MCU.

Oh, and yes, the PanWidth Action is still alive and well
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM   #11910
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
I guess the first question is, why would you want to do it that way using OSC ?

With OSC you could set up two widgets, Pan and PanWidth, and be done with it
Limited screen space, plus a strong desire to keep the number of controls down to a minimum for ergonomic reasons. I'll give the GoZone method another try when I've had some sleep
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.