Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Video Editing/Mangling

Old 10-23-2020, 12:34 AM   #1
rekkandevar
Human being with feelings

Default Milkdrop 2 visualizer preset for the video processor?

Hello, I'd like to use Reaper to generate visualizer videos for my music, but currently there are very few visualizer options in Reaper and none are very interesting. I'd like to know if it's possible for someone to make a preset that runs audio from Reaper through Milkdrop 2, the most widely used free visualizer tool I know of, so that I can generate more interesting visualizer videos. Thank you in advance.
rekkandevar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 03:59 AM   #2
superblonde.org

coincidentally that is a similar thing i asked here
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=243099

if you already have some visualizer software, then "all you need to do" is,

- change the MASTER track Route to add a new Hardware Send, to send your master reaper mix through an audio loopback driver, to the other application.
- the other app will receive the audio, generate graphics, if it doesnt save to video, then you'll have to do a screen capture of that app.
- once you have the video file, then drop it back over the reaper track
- re-render as a video output with the audio sync'ed.

theoretically, reaper could somehow to this all in one render step (send audio to the other app, save the graphic frames, encode to a audio+video file). to me it seems all the pieces are there (graphic capture via licecap or perhaps milkdrop could send back the frames directly to reaper). but it seems it does not exist now.
Old 12-05-2020, 02:33 AM   #3
androo

I was looking into the state of milkdrop this morning just to see if there was some way to get this into Reaper. Glad to see there's already some thought on this. It seems that ProjectM is taking over from milkdrop, and the source code is open. I am curious if there is any 'reasonably straightforward' way to turn this into a plugin? I'd love to have that visualiztion while improvising, tracking, but...I'm a pretty lame coder.
androo is offline   Reply With Quote