Old 11-04-2015, 12:11 PM   #1
Kundalinguist
Human being with feelings

Default Auto Folder Designation

Hey Justin. I'm just working with Snapease (OSX) today and was wondering "IF" there was a way to save the images to the folders in which they originated "WITHOUT" having to assign a new folder path each time I drag and drop in new photos?

The reason I ask is twofold: first, I have a busload of screenshots that I want to convert from PNG to JPEG, but they are all organized in separate folders. It would be tedious to continuously change to each new folder with so many images to process.

The second reason I ask is because there is an app name "NameChanger" that does exactly that. I can drag in files from any number of folders and each is renamed and saved back into its originating folder. So the potential exists.

Can Snapease do this already and I just don't know how? Or is this something that you can make a priority—putting Reaper on hold if necessary—so that you can implement this new feature in Snapease for me by the end of today?

Reasonably yours,
Me.

(I have other photo conversion software, but none wants to make this easy…)
Old 11-07-2015, 01:01 PM   #2
Kundalinguist
Human being with feelings

Just as a follow up, I was working with the Batch Converter in Reaper today and it places the converted files back into the same folder of origin. I understand with images, when resizing yet keeping the same doc type ie. JPEG, there is an inherent danger of accidentally overwriting your source photos—which may be a desired outcome, or maybe not.

Having to make the choice of where to save does act as a preemptive safeguard. Still, in my case, it would be awesome to just drag and drop knowing that the file will wind up in the right folder with each conversion. An option to delete the original would be good too, even if they are in a different format.

I'm not expecting miracles here, nor fast, friendly service . I'm just wondering if this is possible or something that is easy to implement—or even a worthwhile feature for the general population.

Sincerely,
Logan 5.