Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 12-07-2017, 03:02 AM   #1
minotaur
Human being with feelings

Default Save backup files to a different folder within project folder

Hi there!

I've been using Reaper for 2 years now (both on PC and OSX), customized it endlessly and grew to LOVE it, and I have a couple of very small feature ideas that I think would make sense, I'll post my ideas in different threads.
Please let me know if one of these were requested, or if the rest of you find an idea useless/nonsense/impossible to make happen for any reason etc - I'm interested to see what others think about these.

Currently the backup files of my projects are saved to 2 different locations: beside the project file itself, and another location on a separate HDD I use for safety reasons.
I was able to set each project's media and peak files to be saved into an relative path using ./media and ./peaks in the project template I'm using. I try to keep my project folders organized as much as possible, and I'd love to have a relative folder for each project's backup saves (especially because Finder sucks, and it automatically sorts my files by abc, causing the backups to show up first every time I navigate to the folder of a project to open it), similar to the options listed above. I can save the Backup to a designated folder where it saves all the backups from all the folders, but not into a dynamic folder within the project folder, the same ./ way doesn't do anything.
I grew to hate how clumsy ProTools is (I migrated from that), but having only the main project file and a couple of subfolders containing all the rest in a project folder is something I think is cleaner than what Reaper offers now.
minotaur is offline   Reply With Quote