Old 10-03-2017, 07:16 AM   #1
SEA
Human being with feelings

Default Who's Using RayDAT with Reaper?

So I just got my RayDAT and using the ADAT out of my Prism Lyra 2. So far WAY better results with latency than USB.

However, when I want to track my hardware synth my input options in reaper is RayDAT.

So I was wondering, would I just switch to the Prism Lyra in the project and cut my hardware synths through the Lyra or with the RME break out cables go through the RayDAT? If I went through the RayDAT, will that route my synths through the Lyra's ADC since the RayDAT doesn't have any converters?

Thanks!

http://www.facebook.com/jamieseamusic
SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:46 AM   #2
drumphil
Human being with feelings

I'm not sure I'm understanding completely, but if your hardware synths have digital outputs, I guess you could avoid some latency by not having them run through a converter before they get to the RadDAT, but that would require some kind of device to take the stereo SPDIF or AES digital outputs out of each synth and combine them in a 8 channel ADAT link to the RayDAT.

If you are only running one synth at a time that has SPDIF digital output and your RayDAT has SPDIF input, then you could record one synth at a time without the added latency of a A/D conversion.

To hear it it still needs to go through some form of D/A conversion, so you can't avoid that added latency if you actually want to be able to hear what you play.
drumphil is offline   Reply With Quote