Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 04-11-2020, 12:22 PM   #1961
dtsmarin
Human being with feelings

This theme looks amazing! Thank you!

Do you have any plans to add narrow MCP track layouts?
dtsmarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 09:19 PM   #1962
vicenzajay

Default Bueller...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Falcon View Post
Still digging this theme thank you B0se!

Quick question... I'm on a 1440p monitor. All of the 100% and larger layouts work (albeit) unreadable.

None of the 75% and 50% layouts change anything when I apply them to track - particularly Mixer View.

Not being critical at all, is this just an artifact of my using a 1400p monitor or something not yet implemented ?

Thanks again!
Brian Decker
Quoting this post by Brian because it was never answered. I, too, moved to 1440p monitors for DAW use a while ago. Much better for several other DAW's and an almost perfect (to me) amount of screen real estate balanced with excellent readability, etc. for text, what have you, on other programs.

Like Brian, however, most of the themes I'm trying for v6 aren't working well with either 1440p or 4k (on my laptop). There must be some guide to settings, either with Windows or Reaper, for various resolution screens in order for all this excellent theming work lately to be useful to those of us that are not, as yet, read into this arcane art.

Bottom line is that I'd love to try this theme - but I'll wait to get some specific 1440p advice before I do.
vicenzajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 08:54 AM   #1963
Finnish

Just installed this, 1440p on Win10 here. Absolutely loving it!!!
Old 04-13-2020, 10:50 AM   #1964
Crashwaggon

Been using this for a couple of weeks now, and I'm really digging it.
By far my fave theme so far.
Crashwaggon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 02:01 PM   #1965
vicenzajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish View Post
Just installed this, 1440p on Win10 here. Absolutely loving it!!!
How? Specifically, with what settings...in what menus...and employing what layouts?

That kind of information, I think, would help those of us having issues with all hi-res themes coupled with a 2k (or even 4k) screen.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:40 PM   #1966
Finnish

Link to pic:
https://i.paste.pics/fc2acc6cb49c58c...4e0e8b7519.png

I followed the instructions on the first page, I guess it just works that way? Or?
Old 04-14-2020, 12:27 AM   #1967
sightlessness

I would never had wanted to insult you with my sighing, I was sighing to the situation.

In further findings, my sigh was vs when opening the theme, it didn't look right
(a very few elements were not in their right place or better said maybe, some elements strethed).

Then I remembered today that I am using Windows scaling at 150%, since I am
using this amazing Oled 55" screen (4k).

So I had to manually select 150% (control E) for every panel (master, tcp, mcp, etc).

Now that I set the Windows scaling back (just to experiment and try to "fix" this)
although it is already working dandily, I did this to pacify my soul, ok ok, I set
the scaling back to 100%.

Now the theme looks like "sht", but I knew it was my selection of 150%, so I just selected 200% and looks what I think the same as before (great).

But also set everything to empty (what I think it's the default) and yeah, it looks like it should (but ofc I don't want such small panels).

But yeah, I guess it was my "bad" or "my" bad, lol, and I don't expect you to foresee every different setup some of us may be using.

Again, great theme, thanks for sharing so much.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:49 AM   #1968
luiza177

My experience with a 1440 monitor and this theme have been mostly great. The one thing I noticed is that the fader defaults to the normal Reaper v6 one in the Routing window and the Media Explorer.
luiza177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 02:01 AM   #1969
Finnish

BTW, no interlaced (VU) meters with theme?
Old 04-14-2020, 02:54 AM   #1970
Judders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish View Post
BTW, no interlaced (VU) meters with theme?
You should be able to turn that on in the theme tweaker, then save the theme as "Smooth_interlaced" or something.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 03:17 AM   #1971
PacoDelgado

Default Congrats!

I am very impressed with this theme! Congratulations for that!

Well done!

Paco
PacoDelgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 06:39 AM   #1972
Rusty Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
Quoting this post by Brian because it was never answered. I, too, moved to 1440p monitors for DAW use a while ago. Much better for several other DAW's and an almost perfect (to me) amount of screen real estate balanced with excellent readability, etc. for text, what have you, on other programs.
Hi Jay: In a different question the answer I got was that the theme wasnt fully working on Windows 10. So I've gotten used to using just the 100% for now.

FWIW I have the same issue with other R6 Themes in that I need to remain on 100% on my 1440 monitor.

I haven't played with it but suspect there might be some use in trying to play with the HiDPI settings in the Preferences.

OTOH... Vicenza ? Did you or do you live there ? Curious since I was stationed there while in the US Army.

Thanks!
Rusty Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:45 AM   #1973
vicenzajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Falcon View Post
Hi Jay: In a different question the answer I got was that the theme wasnt fully working on Windows 10. So I've gotten used to using just the 100% for now.

FWIW I have the same issue with other R6 Themes in that I need to remain on 100% on my 1440 monitor.

I haven't played with it but suspect there might be some use in trying to play with the HiDPI settings in the Preferences.

OTOH... Vicenza ? Did you or do you live there ? Curious since I was stationed there while in the US Army.

Thanks!
Yeah - I lived there a while as well (Navy). I go back every other year or so to visit friends.

On the 2k theme thing - I just cannot get these HiDPI themes to work on *any of my screens. I have two 2k screens and a 4k laptop. When I see things like 150% or 200%, it is never clarified where this is set - Windows display settings or somewhere within Reaper? Every single one of them has wild, not scaled correctly, elements that display when I try them. It's really a shame, but I'm back to just using RADO versions that I'm sure aren't optimized to use all of V6's capabilities.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:05 PM   #1974
dubkronics

Default Vu meters

Hi,

nice theme,

i just want to know if is possible to change the colors of the Vu meters default (green, yellow and red), i tried to change it by "theme development tweaker" but when i change the colors in vu´s dont chage anything.

i was looking for, but not news,

thanks for your time.
dubkronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 11:33 AM   #1975
fell

Hi! The theme is sick! one of the best I ever used, but it's missing one thing: separator tracks in the TCP. Is really nice to have it on the MCP, but I think it would be better to have them in the TCP as well.

Thanks!
fell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 02:35 PM   #1976
vsthem

Does anyone else not have a border on their Main Toolbar above the TCP? I'm wondering if this might be a Windows issue.
vsthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 02:12 AM   #1977
b0se

COVOID 19 + running a business = fun

Francois was kind enough to help me clean the rtconfig via WT's advice, I'll be testing that on my Mac this week, then Windows.

There theme will be split into two releases (Mac/Win) to keep it simple.

I am to have 2.5 out next week. I say that as it's sunny here atm, and I'm making the most of it as much as possible, plus I'm working on new music which is taking priority.

Thanks for your patience!

(P.S. I'll catch up with this thread later this week too.)
Old 04-20-2020, 02:20 AM   #1978
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Here View Post
I really, REALLY, wanted to use this theme. I have been watching since the beginning, & contributed at the beginning. However now it's gotten so complicated and full of all this advanced tweaking, I no longer even believe that I'll be able to use this theme. Damn... totally bummed.
Not even worth it anymore.
Can you imagine how it was/is for me dear fellow, coming from zero knowledge about Reaper theming?

Having to try and dubug for machines/screens/resolutions I can't test, using a font system that is at best, ambiguous? Fix one thing, mess something else up.

It's taken weeks of full time effort to get to this point, if you find having to unzip a script and some fonts hard work, well, LOL.

Thanks to everyone else for the support and patience, much appreciated.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:56 AM   #1979
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by fell View Post
Hi! The theme is sick! one of the best I ever used, but it's missing one thing: separator tracks in the TCP. Is really nice to have it on the MCP, but I think it would be better to have them in the TCP as well.

Thanks!
I won't be adding those for 2.5.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsthem View Post
Does anyone else not have a border on their Main Toolbar above the TCP? I'm wondering if this might be a Windows issue.
Not on OSX HiDPI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubkronics View Post
Hi,

nice theme,

i just want to know if is possible to change the colors of the Vu meters default (green, yellow and red), i tried to change it by "theme development tweaker" but when i change the colors in vu´s dont chage anything.

i was looking for, but not news,

thanks for your time.
You need to open/extract the theme manually and change the PNG files (search this forum for instructions).
Old 04-20-2020, 03:12 AM   #1980
geoffroy

Just a quick note to say I spent a whole week, 12 hours a day, doing music with this theme, and it's been a lovely experience ! Thanks a lot !!
Old 04-20-2020, 04:07 AM   #1981
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffroy View Post
Just a quick note to say I spent a whole week, 12 hours a day, doing music with this theme, and it's been a lovely experience ! Thanks a lot !!
Makes it all worth it!

I've been using it solidly also and am delighted, although I am somewhat biased
Old 04-20-2020, 06:53 AM   #1982
_Stevie_

Same!

The only thing that bugs me is the zoom issue (the one WT gave you the fix for). Is it hard to correct? Otherwise, I would say: just paste the fixed code.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:55 AM   #1983
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Same!

The only thing that bugs me is the zoom issue (the one WT gave you the fix for). Is it hard to correct? Otherwise, I would say: just paste the fixed code.
Any chance of pasting the fix here? Not sure where to look!

I'll add it to 2.5 then.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:45 AM   #1984
_Stevie_

LOL, okay, I somehow expected it would be more complex. Alright, looking forward to 2.5. Thanks dude!
Old 04-20-2020, 08:09 AM   #1985
b0se

Quote:
LOL, okay, I somehow expected it would be more complex. Alright, looking forward to 2.5. Thanks dude!
I don't know what/how to fix it, I was asking if you knew what code to change, share it here so I could add it to 2.5 :¬)
Old 04-20-2020, 08:27 AM   #1986
_Stevie_

Damit, it's been too long, I had forgotten that I asked WT on the forums, but he never replied. Bumping it again...
Old 04-20-2020, 08:28 AM   #1987
b0se

Quote:
Damit, it's been too long, I had forgotten that I asked WT on the forums, but he never replied. Bumping it again...
Thank you!
Old 04-20-2020, 12:53 PM   #1988
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Yeah I did.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:00 PM   #1989
_Stevie_

Ah, goodness, so my mind didn’t play tricks on me. Thanks WT!

Last edited by _Stevie_; 04-20-2020 at 04:55 PM.
_Stevie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 04:02 PM   #1990
Not_Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Can you imagine how it was/is for me dear fellow, coming from zero knowledge about Reaper theming?

Having to try and dubug for machines/screens/resolutions I can't test, using a font system that is at best, ambiguous? Fix one thing, mess something else up.

It's taken weeks of full time effort to get to this point, if you find having to unzip a script and some fonts hard work, well, LOL.

Thanks to everyone else for the support and patience, much appreciated.

b0se, sir, you are absolutely right. From your perspective I would laugh myself right out of the room back to my crib.
once the next version is released so that it's working on my non-4k displays, I'll be jumping in, whining be damned...
Old 04-21-2020, 09:30 AM   #1991
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
Yeah I did.
Thank you again, much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Here View Post
b0se, sir, you are absolutely right. From your perspective I would laugh myself right out of the room back to my crib.
once the next version is released so that it's working on my non-4k displays, I'll be jumping in, whining be damned...
Haha
Old 04-22-2020, 04:23 AM   #1992
outpatient

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykrobinson View Post
Forgive me if this has already been answered, i think i may be searching for the wrong thing....

This theme looks great in W10 at 1080P, but the text in my toolbar buttons is way too small to clearly read. How can I edit the font size in toolbar buttons?

Thanks,
Open up theme tweak/configuration from the action list, look for volume/pan label font. That's the toolbar text icon font. I put mine at size 7.

I don't think you have to worry about this actually resizing the volume/pan labels in the mixer or TCP, seems like WALTER font 1 is for those.
outpatient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 03:48 PM   #1993
Joe90

Hi All,

After donating many months ago, I've finally had a bit of time off from sessions to get this theme installed and put it through it's paces, and I'm really loving it. Every theme I use gets quite heavily tweaked as I'm quite particular about certain things I need for certain workflows, and while I've tweaked most of the personal things I needed (like fonts, extra TCP layouts with coloured faders, narrower mixer channels and a few other minor things), there's one thing left I can't figure out, hopefully someone can help -

I'd really like to turn off the coloured highlighting of selected tracks in the mixer, and just have them highlighted in a uniform light grey instead. I suspect I have to edit the mcp_mainbgsel image file, and I have gimp and some basic knowledge, but I'm not sure what I need to do. I believe in the early days when I first donated, this theme actually had the light grey track highlighting in the mixer, so hopefully it's an easy tweak (I might be wrong though).

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

I'd also love a TCP separator, and I think someone posted the code for one in this thread at some point, but I couldn't find it. If anyone has that to hand then please share.

Cheers! And thanks again for the great theme B0se. I think it's going to become my daily driver.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 02:28 AM   #1994
BillaBong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I'd also love a TCP separator, and I think someone posted the code for one in this thread at some point, but I couldn't find it. If anyone has that to hand then please share.
I'm not sure about the MCP background color, but for the TCP separator all you have to do is open up rtconfig.txt and add this layout to the end of the -----TRACK CONTROL PANELS----- section:

Code:
	Layout "Separator" "Separator"
		clear tcp.*
		set tcp.size [400 10 10 1]
	EndLayout
BillaBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 03:46 AM   #1995
Ideosound

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillaBong View Post
I'm not sure about the MCP background color, but for the TCP separator all you have to do is open up rtconfig.txt and add this layout to the end of the -----TRACK CONTROL PANELS----- section:

Code:
	Layout "Separator" "Separator"
		clear tcp.*
		set tcp.size [400 10 10 1]
	EndLayout
I don't really know what a TCP separator is, does anyone have a picture or example?
Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 02:55 PM   #1996
BillaBong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideosound View Post
I don't really know what a TCP separator is, does anyone have a picture or example?
It's just a template that serves to visually separate tracks in the track control panel area, like the dark grey tracks in this screenshot:

BillaBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:53 AM   #1997
Ideosound

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillaBong View Post
It's just a template that serves to visually separate tracks in the track control panel area, like the dark grey tracks in this screenshot:

ah nice that could be quite useful actually.....
Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 02:16 PM   #1998
azzimov

Finally i reached R6 and able to use this beauty!
Many many thanks and deep regards & respect, b0se.
Having some Reaper theme tweaking / GFX and code rebuilding experience and i barely imagine what it costs to you to develop whole this project from ground up. Huge!
This theme is eye opener to me, gonna use it to mix new songs now with pleasure to eyes and ears)
Not ever enough to say THANKS more) Keep up great job man.
azzimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 03:16 AM   #1999
tanga

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
I am to have 2.5 out next week.
Any news...?
Best theme for me. Great job b0se!
tanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 02:38 PM   #2000
svijayrathinam

I have a problem. Pls help. When I run the theme adjuster script..it says some png files are missing..

Here is what the message I am getting...

Pls help

image left.png not foundimage button_left.png not foundimage help_on.png not foundimage page_titles.png not foundimage right.png not foundimage dock.png not foundimage button_right.png not foundimage key_recarm.png not foundimage cell_hide.png not foundimage key_mon.png not foundimage cell_hide_on.png not foundimage key_vol.png not foundimage key_route.png not foundimage key_fx.png not foundimage key_env.png not foundimage key_pan.png not foundimage key_recmode.png not foundimage key_recinput.png not foundimage layout_docked_A_on.png not foundimage layout_docked_B.png not foundimage layout_docked_C.png not foundimage apply_100.png not foundimage apply_150.png not foundimage apply_200.png not foundimage apply_to_sel.png not foundimage helpHeader_l.png not foundimage helpHeader_r.png not found
svijayrathinam is offline   Reply With Quote