Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 02-13-2023, 10:51 PM   #1
Tedsorvino
Human being with feelings

Default Behringer x-touch compact combatibility

Hi everyone. Since i’m interested in an affordable control surface with motorised faders I found out that the behringer x-touch is a good solution. But since also i don’t care about plug in control i think that maybe the x-touch compact is more appropriate for me.
So I watched all reaper blog x-touch related videos and i realised that the x - touch has a reaper native mode that works fine for my kind of use. Does the same apply. Klinke extesion is fine but i don’t want to be involved on codes or other extension related stuff since i just work with external audio stuff and i’m not keen on computer coding or plug ins or in the box stuff.
I just want fader control, mute, solo, pan, transportand be able to assign reaper actions with midi cc on the rotary knobs. Has anyone any recent x-touch compact reaper experience or should i go for the bigger x-touch? Should i check any other similar controller with better reaper integration?
Thanks in advance
Tedsorvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 12:02 AM   #2
mschnell

Welcome to the Reaper Forums !
The appropriate place to discuss Control Surface devices is the "Control Surface" forum.

You might want to take a look at the "CSI" Reaper extension for support for many such devices.

Any yes, the XTouches have a lot of attention / support by the CSI community. While the "Compact" is not the most loved of them (e.g. as - other than with "USB" - it's faders only feature 7 bit <128 steps> resolution) AFAIK, there are CSI configuration files for it.

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 01:46 AM   #3
Tedsorvino

Thanks Michael. I will post it there as well.
Tedsorvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 11:05 AM   #4
mschnell

Great ! I'll follow, as I do have a Compact for other purpose and might be willing to use it for mixing some time soon.

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote