COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Other Software Discussion > The Camel Farm

Old 01-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #1
Dan
up here in my tree

Default Problems with the Camelizer for Google Chrome? Post here!

There has been one report of tabs crashing and price history charts not showing up in our new Chrome extension, so I am making this thread to encourage bug reports.

Thanks in advance for helping me fix these problems. As well as for your patience -- I am rather new at making Chrome extensions.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default 2 Issues - Overstock.com, Hulu.com

When I first started using the camelizer it worked just fine, now it's not showing the graphs for any products on Overstock.com. On a side note, when I have the camelizer enabled most of the video thumbnails on Hulu.com are stuck in a loading state. They never load. I don't know why it would cause that, but when I disable camelizer it works. (I disabled each extension I have, individually, and camelizer was the culprit). Thanks.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
Dan
up here in my tree

Thank you for notifying me about this. The Overstock charts in the Camelizer have been fixed! Please check that out and let me know if it looks good to you.

Regarding Hulu, I will have to play with that some more to figure out what the problem is.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
Unregistered

Default Overstock Looks Great

Great, It looks like the Overstock graphs are working now. Thanks for the quick response.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
Dan
up here in my tree

No problem. I'm working on the Hulu thumbnail issue now, it's very strange...
Old 02-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #6
IIsi50MHz

The Camelizer v1.1
Google Chrome v4.0.249.78

With this extension enabled, the browser can become somewhat unresponsive while loading Amazon pages. (Scrolling becomes slower, or has substantial lack between input and result; changing tabs may be delayed; general UI sluggishness or lag)

I had before experienced tab crashes with this extension enabled. Only some Amazon product pages were affected, and could be loaded only when the extension was disabled. If a tab crashed, then any tabs opened from the tab would also crash, as would the parent tab. I have not reproduced these crashes tonight, and don't know the affected URLs. /-:

So far, every Amazon page I've tried has no charts. Clicking on the "the camelizer" logo reveals a kind of speech bubble with:

Click to view at camelcamelcamel.com
Sharing is caring (+)

crammed into the upper left corner. Note that '(+)' is my representation of green icon that also appears. The rest of the speech bubble is blank.

Samples:

http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VA22...ref=pd_cp_pc_1
http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VW246H-24...ref=pd_cp_pc_2
http://www.amazon.com/Single-Disc-Wi...091318&sr=8-30

Old 12-24-2010, 12:20 AM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Thank you for notifying me about this. The Overstock charts in the Camelizer have been fixed! ...
Is overstock.com still supported? I don't see it on the Retailers list on the site.

The chrome extension logo does appear on the site, but when clicked it says, "This site or page is not supported by The Camelizer."

Wish it was!
-joeg

Old 12-24-2010, 12:30 PM   #8
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is overstock.com still supported? I don't see it on the Retailers list on the site.

The chrome extension logo does appear on the site, but when clicked it says, "This site or page is not supported by The Camelizer."

Wish it was!
-joeg
Unfortunately, Overstock.com had its lawyers send us a threatening email saying we had to shut the site down or they'd sue us into oblivion. So, being a small company without the money to fight that battle, we shut down our Overstock support.

I'd like to bring it back eventually, but that experience with Overstock left a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:58 PM   #9
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Unfortunately, Overstock.com had its lawyers send us a threatening email saying we had to shut the site down or they'd sue us into oblivion. So, being a small company without the money to fight that battle, we shut down our Overstock support.

I'd like to bring it back eventually, but that experience with Overstock left a bad taste in my mouth.
Fair enough. One can see why the bad taste would be there. Oh well, their loss. I don't shop them much, but might have more with this app. /value_prop
-joeg

Old 07-14-2010, 08:26 PM   #10
Unregistered

Camelizer v1.2
Chrome v6.0.458.1

After AVG finished running a scheduled scan, it reported that the "background" file of the extension contained a virus.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #11
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Camelizer v1.2
Chrome v6.0.458.1

After AVG finished running a scheduled scan, it reported that the "background" file of the extension contained a virus.
I wonder if it's mistakenly detecting the javascript in that file as a virus? It shouldn't be doing anything rude to your computer, unless it was infected post-download...

Care to upload your downloaded copy of the extension and I'll take a look? I apologize in advance if this is in any way my fault, and would hate to lose your trust by providing a download with a virus in it (but I don't think that is the case, as I run a virus scanner myself.)
Old 08-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #12
Unregistered

Hi,

The camelizer extension requests permission to use data on all sites. Is this necessary since you only work on a few shopping ones? It would make more sense to just ask for data on amazon or newegg or whatever sites camelcamelcamel works on.

Thanks for the great work!

Old 08-14-2010, 10:59 PM   #13
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Hi,

The camelizer extension requests permission to use data on all sites. Is this necessary since you only work on a few shopping ones? It would make more sense to just ask for data on amazon or newegg or whatever sites camelcamelcamel works on.

Thanks for the great work!
It may simply be that we are being too broad in our use of the permissions functionality in Chrome extensions. I will take a look and see if we can be more specific about it.

Thanks for letting us know about this.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:15 AM   #14
FengShui

Default Option to not display third party prices graphs

I'm starting to see a lot of camelizer graphs that aren't usable due to unrealistically high 3rd party used prices. Can you add options to not show those?