Old 05-15-2019, 10:55 AM   #1641
_Stevie_
Human being with feelings

Maybe I'm blind, but do we have a post/pre fader button for send fx?
Old 05-15-2019, 12:38 PM   #1642
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Maybe I'm blind, but do we have a post/pre fader button for send fx?
You are not blind... there isn't yet. I wonder how would it be the best way... Do you use it a lot?
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:04 PM   #1643
_Stevie_

Yes, quite often to position instruments more into the room.
Hm, maybe a button (toggle) next to the mute one?
Old 05-17-2019, 01:37 AM   #1644
heda

Default v1.4rc12 (2019-05-17)

small update to better support larger fonts and default6 200% theme. Although I have difficulties figuring out how it would look on my small screen. Hopefully someone will donate me an old 4K monitor or something so I can test it better

* v1.4rc12 (2019-05-17)
# fix: better support for larger fonts, 200% themes.
+ Added Default_6 200% theme
+ Settings: Receives bar height (default to make receives a bit smaller)
Old 05-17-2019, 04:34 PM   #1645
_Stevie_

I just tried the tag @ feature on folder tracks.
When there's a space involved it get's cut off.
Is there a way to fix that?

So English Horn@English Horn becomes a tag called English instead of English Horn.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:18 AM   #1646
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
small update to better support larger fonts and default6 200% theme. Although I have difficulties figuring out how it would look on my small screen. Hopefully someone will donate me an old 4K monitor or something so I can test it better

* v1.4rc12 (2019-05-17)
# fix: better support for larger fonts, 200% themes.
+ Added Default_6 200% theme
+ Settings: Receives bar height (default to make receives a bit smaller)
That was fast!
I tried the new Settings added to rc12. Having matching colors for the default Themes, and double size for large displays is a good idea.

–From what I understand, the Default_5.0_@2x uses a rather limited scale function, while V6 Default is using additional features for displaying graphics. As you probably already know the new 6.0 hidpi features are only visible by using Reaper dev releases, and still in early stages of development.

Here's an example of hi-res text display vs. 'normal':

Last edited by PhelixK; 08-21-2019 at 03:09 PM.
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:21 AM   #1647
heda

There is the theme "Default_6.0 - 200" which uses larger fonts and graphics in the folder "Default_6.0 - 200" taken from the alpha release of Default 6 theme 200% sizes. "Default_5.0_@2x" doesn't have the bigger graphics, just fonts. Anyone can make a custom theme including bigger graphics on its own folder using the same file names as the Default TI themes.

I've tried to understand how gfx.ext_retina works. BUt I always get 1.0. Maybe my system is not compatible with HiDPI.

So, Is it not enough to increase the font sizes for the smooth font? I don't get the same result as your screenshot when loading the "Default_6.0 - 200" theme

update loading theme from default themes is the same as Load theme from file, but will open the window on the Default Themes folder by default.
* v1.4rc13 (2019-05-18)
+ Settings: Load theme from default themes...
Old 05-18-2019, 03:26 AM   #1648
heda

Quote:
I just tried the tag @ feature on folder tracks.
When there's a space involved it get's cut off.
Is there a way to fix that?

So English Horn@English Horn becomes a tag called English instead of English Horn.
Thank you. I can't remember now why I didn't support spaces on tags. Maybe there was a reason. maybe not? You could use _ underscore instead of spaces instead.

Also, when adding a tag to an existing track, you don't need to enter @
Just tag it normally and it will ask you if you want it to be a folder tag if it detects it is a folder. Then use the AutoTag button to tag all children tracks automatically.
Old 05-18-2019, 06:13 AM   #1649
PhelixK

Quote:
So, Is it not enough to increase the font sizes for the smooth font? I don't get the same result as your screenshot when loading the "Default_6.0 - 200" theme
My example was using 'Default_6.0.ti_theme'. If using '200.ti' everything including graphics becomes oversized on 27" Retina. Decreasing the font size doesn't make the text more sharp, but for now I'm fine with default 1:1

If making custom theme for high-res, it would be nice to have the corresponding action script appicon.png's available in better resolution for the toolbars. Would it be possible to get all of them, including the one for TI Master?

Last edited by PhelixK; 05-18-2019 at 06:18 AM.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:17 AM   #1650
heda

Ok so when having a retina display every font is doubled automatically then? Then we only need to set the font sizes of the default6 200 as default 6 and it should be fine? The images should be bigger and the fonts should be handled by the retina display detection? Sorry to ask but since I don't have retina display I have no idea how it works.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:44 AM   #1651
Klangfarben

Quote:
I can't remember now why I didn't support spaces on tags. Maybe there was a reason. maybe not? You could use _ underscore instead of spaces instead.
Using an underscore really isn't a workable solution at least for me. It would make the TCP look like a mess. Probably an ok solution when you have 20-30 tracks. When you have 1000+ tracks of varying names then not so much.
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:08 AM   #1652
heda

I don't understand how would it affect TCP. Tags are not displayed in TCP.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:17 AM   #1653
Klangfarben

Quote:
I don't understand how would it affect TCP. Tags are not displayed in TCP.
Sorry, completely my fault. I thought the tag name had to match the track/folder name.

Last edited by Klangfarben; 05-18-2019 at 09:31 AM.
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:30 AM   #1654
heda

I need to figure out why I didn't allow spaces on tags. Maybe it is easy to fix and it doesn't affect anything
Old 05-18-2019, 09:34 AM   #1655
PhelixK

yes, default Retina is 144 dpi (72x2). I don't know how Reaper is handling graphics, but it appears that Default_6.0.reapertheme will retain physical sizes, except for toolbar icons that are scaled to fit.

Here's a large screenshot of TI theme settings, you can see both "Default_6.0.ti" vs "Default_6.0 - 200.ti" using smaller fonts:

Last edited by PhelixK; 08-21-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:06 AM   #1656
_Stevie_

@HeDa

I've been digging into track tags yesterday, but for my workflow, there are still some features needed. I have no idea if you want/can incorporate them, but I'll try to elaborate:

First: all kind of track visibility stuff is triggered from my touchscreen, hence I requested the ability to trigger the tag actions via shortcuts.

1. I tend to hide tracks I don't need for the moment, like folders (not it's content, though!) or VCAs.

My structure looks like this:

English Horn (Folder)
- English Horn VCA
- VSL English Horn
- Spitfire English Horn
etc...

So, when I'm working, I'm usually hiding the folders and VCAs.
THe result would be:

- VSL English Horn
- Spitfire English Horn

The folder and VCA are of course also tagged with "English Horn", that means, if I show these, folders and VCAs will be shown as well.

Solution: making the track tags toggle aware. Like:
If tracks tagged with "folder" or "VCA" are hidden, then don't show them, when showing tracks tagged with "English Horn".

2. I coded a "show only tracks with items" and use that very often. However, of course my script doesn't report the status to TI. Therefore, TI doesn't know what happened and doesn't reflect the status. Maybe if we had a native solution in TI, that will communicate with the track tags?

3. I often use "Isolate Flute TCP". I record a part, etc...
Then, I decide to show another tag group, like the Violins 1 for example. However, when triggering "Tags TCP Violins 1", nothing will happen, because we need to use "AND/OR" in the TI GUI.
It would be great, if "Tags TCP Violins 1" would also toggle the tag group, if an isolated tag group is shown (without the need to use AND/OR).

Well, not sure if this is all doable, but I thought I would mention it!
Old 05-18-2019, 11:38 AM   #1657
heda

Testing with a small template.. by the way.. I had no problems adding a tag with space. as you can see: "English Horns" works.
here are some tracks, English horns, and the children tracks I added a secondary tag, VCA, VSL, or Spitfire.

in this gif, when I click isolate a tag is CTRL click.
Then this tag is seen TCP in green, means isolated. CTRL click it again, to uninsolate and return how tags were before isolation. With one tag isolated, if I CTRL click another TCP button, it isolates this new tag, hiding the previous one. What if I want to show this new tag and not hide the previous isolated tag? Then instead of CTRL click, do Right click. It will appear in Blue (indicates OR logic) so now both the first isolated tag and the new one are shown.

I think I forgot to add the OR functions in the actions generation.
here in this gif I show how it would work but using the buttons, not the actions. I'll add the OR actions to the actions generator.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:20 PM   #1658
_Stevie_

Hey HeDa, thanks for getting back to me!

This is not quite what I meant, but pretty close. Maybe I'm missing something
and this is already possible.

So, for the folder and VCA toggling... This is what I mean (sorry, I messed up with the text, it fades away too early, it's really hard to get this straight)

Folders and VCAs are hidden, only tracks should be shown:

VCAs are hidden, but tracks and folders should be shown:

Old 05-18-2019, 05:59 PM   #1659
_Stevie_

Quote:
Testing with a small template.. by the way.. I had no problems adding a tag with space. as you can see: "English Horns" works.
Yes, manually tagging works. It's the autotag where it fails:

Old 05-18-2019, 06:15 PM   #1660
_Stevie_

Here you can see how I use my "show used tracks only" script.
Of course, the TI tags don't get updated, since the script can't communicate with TI.
After executing the script, the BRASS, WOODWINDS, SYNTHS, etc... are completely hidden. It would be great if the track tags could reflect that.

As you can see, when I click on any TCP button, all the tracks get restored,
since TI doesn't know, which tracks have been (externally) hidden.

Old 05-18-2019, 06:26 PM   #1661
_Stevie_

And last but not least "isolate track".

As far as I can see we have 3 (TCP) actions at the moment:

1. isolate
2. toggle visibility
3. AND/OR logic

So, when all tracks are visible and we want to toggle tag groups we use #2.
But when we want to isolate a tag group and toggle another one, we
have to use #1 and #3. I would have expected to use #1 for isolating and 2# for toggling.

In consequence, this means, I would need to put 3 button rows on my touchscreen for visibility. Just checking, could #2 also act as a toggle for #1?
Old 05-19-2019, 01:40 AM   #1662
heda

Thanks for all the feedback!

ah... fixing autotag with spaces...

Tags refresh all tracks. If you hide tracks by other methods, then it is a problem right now I see.
I could make a button toggle to activate a variable to act only on the tag you operate, and leave the rest of the tags unprocessed.

I think I am going to make the Isolate function to work as the Solo buttons. So to add more tags to isolation would be easy using the same isolate function.
Old 05-19-2019, 04:35 AM   #1663
_Stevie_

Hey HeDa! Thanks for checking all that crazy info from me haha

Quote:
Thanks for all the feedback!

ah... fixing autotag with spaces...
Awesome, thanks!

Quote:
Tags refresh all tracks. If you hide tracks by other methods, then it is a problem right now I see.
I could make a button toggle to activate a variable to act only on the tag you operate, and leave the rest of the tags unprocessed.
I'm not sure if I understand, is this referring to "show only used tracks" or the folder/VCA thing?

Quote:
I think I am going to make the Isolate function to work as the Solo buttons. So to add more tags to isolation would be easy using the same isolate function.
Wow, that would be marvellous! So, we only need to methods Thanks!

BTW, what would be great to have is a general "show all tags" and "hide all tags" method!
Old 05-19-2019, 10:02 AM   #1664
heda

I was referring to show only used tracks problem. But it will happen with any other method of hiding tracks without the tags.
For used tracks, maybe there could be a special tag first on the list, that updated automatically for used vs non used tracks.

There is a wat to hide all show all. With Shift+click on tcp or mcp tag buttons. Now that i see I forgot to include this in the tooltip that appears over these buttons. I will add those as actions too.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:29 AM   #1665
Alleyoop

Default Track Inspector install

I'm not having any success installing Track Inspector.
When it comes up on the list and I click Download, it says it's Installing for 20 seconds or so and then reverts to Uninstalled.
I'm using Reaper 5976 and SWS V2.10.0.1
I disable Firewall before beginning the download process.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Alleyoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 02:03 AM   #1666
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleyoop View Post
I'm not having any success installing Track Inspector.
When it comes up on the list and I click Download, it says it's Installing for 20 seconds or so and then reverts to Uninstalled.
I'm using Reaper 5976 and SWS V2.10.0.1
I disable Firewall before beginning the download process.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Do you use Windows, or Linux? Or what was the other?..... ah yes.. OSX? if it is OSX, make sure you installed the manager following instructions txt inside the zip.

if it did work before, it may be that the license has expired.
If your password has symbols or spaces, maybe you can try to setup another password from the site without them, or make sure you enter the password with correct upper and lowercase.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:23 AM   #1667
Alleyoop

I'm using Windows 7 on that machine.
Expiry on the license? Right, I'll check that.
Thanks.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:55 PM   #1668
heda

Default v1.4rc14 (2019-05-22)

update:
now isolate function for tags can be used with multiple tags like soloing tracks, adding tags to isolation as you CTRL click new tags. CTRL-click them again to remove from isolation. When you remove the last one, it will restore visibility as it was before isolation.

Create tag actions will add some of the actions that were missing. You can safely regenerate the actions, it will respect shortctus for existing ones.

Autotag works better now with several fixes.

Thanks for all the testing and continuous feedback!

* v1.4rc14 (2019-05-22)
+ Create Tag actions, Added: Tags All TCP On
+ Create Tag actions, Added: Tags All TCP Off
+ Create Tag actions, Added: Tags All MCP On
+ Create Tag actions, Added: Tags All MCP Off
+ Create Tag actions, Added: Tags TCP (OR)
+ Create Tag actions, Added: Tags MCP (OR)
# fix: several autotag fixes. spaces, and trailing spaces, ability for folder tag + normal tags (folder tag first)
# Isolate tag function works now with multiple tags (like soloing)
Old 05-21-2019, 05:38 PM   #1669
Alleyoop

OK, updated License and all is well, thank you.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:43 PM   #1670
_Stevie_

Heda, I have no idea how you did that, but from a first look this works great!
I will give it some indepth testing in the next few days!

Thanks SOOOO much!
Old 05-21-2019, 06:14 PM   #1671
_Stevie_

I might be the one, who is requesting the most FRs, so I just sent you another donation :P

After some testing, I was wondering the following:

could we have the ability to set tag groups in a "show defeat" mode?
Like: when they are hidden, they will never be seen.

In the following GIF, I have hidden folders and VCAs. So that just the tracks
are visible. However, when switching to isolate/exclussive mode, the
folders and VCAs are back (all good, it's expected that way, I know!).
But, it would be very handy to have the ability to exclude certain groups, until we toggle them visible again. I hope this makes sense!

Old 05-22-2019, 03:12 AM   #1672
heda

Thank you Stephan, received your generous manual donation

I can see the problem... I never imagined Tags were going to be complex like this It would be like a NOT OR... I need to think.
Maybe we can solve this by never isolate tags that were hidden when entering isolate mode. That would be easier than adding a new defeat state to the buttons.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:01 AM   #1673
_Stevie_

Quote:
Thank you Stephan, received your generous manual donation

I can see the problem... I never imagined Tags were going to be complex like this It would be like a NOT OR... I need to think.
You're welcome, man and thanks for your patience. I'm actually a bit sorry that it gets this complex
But I can assure you, it's the most powerful track visibility feature in any DAW, thats available,

Quote:
Maybe we can solve this by never isolate tags that were hidden when entering isolate mode. That would be easier than adding a new defeat state to the buttons.
Hm, let me think this thru: what would happen, if folders were hidden, but also BRASS. Now we decide to isolate BRASS. BRASS and folders won't be shown, if I'm not mistaken?
Old 05-22-2019, 08:01 AM   #1674
heda

Quote:
You're welcome, man and thanks for your patience. I'm actually a bit sorry that it gets this complex
But I can assure you, it's the most powerful track visibility feature in any DAW, thats available,
Awesome You are making it better so don't worry to keep asking features

Quote:
Hm, let me think this thru: what would happen, if folders were hidden, but also BRASS. Now we decide to isolate BRASS. BRASS and folders won't be shown, if I'm not mistaken?
I see, then in that case it should have priority and show Brass.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:13 AM   #1675
_Stevie_

Quote:
Awesome You are making it better so don't worry to keep asking features
Ok, I will!

Quote:
I see, then in that case it should have priority and show Brass.
Yes, that would be perfect. Not sure how this can be done practically.
But at least for me, stuff like folders and VCAs is something I usually toggle
and that I don't want to see, until I explicitly show it.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:24 AM   #1676
heda

Default v1.4rc15 (2019-05-23)

ok what do you think about this...
make backup when updating, so you can have r14 too if you don't like rc15 behavior.
now When isolating, all tags must be in isolation in order to be shown. I'm not sure about it yet for all situations. Please try and let me know.

* v1.4rc15 (2019-05-23)
# changed tags isolation behavior. if more than one tag, all tags must be isolated in order to be shown.
# optimizations tags refresh.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:56 PM   #1677
_Stevie_

I'm not in the studio for the next 2 days but I tried it on my laptop. This looks really really good!
Have to check more in-depth when I'm back home. Thank you HeDa!
Old 05-24-2019, 08:07 AM   #1678
heda

I don't know... I may revert it and think more about it... I lost the ability to isolate one tag only, meaning to show all tracks that has this tag, even if they have other tags. Maybe we en up having to make the defeat mode.. for example turning off some tags by ALT clicking.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:50 PM   #1679
_Stevie_

I see, this is very tricky. Yeah okay, let's go for the defeat mode, then.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:07 AM   #1680
hopi

Default track height?

HeDa... is there a tweak to tell TI the size for when the switch for enlarge track height is ON?

I stumbled into another thread where you showed up and pointed to it... the one where Cubic is asking about scripting track heights...
And that got me to look into the kawa script for AutoHighLite.... which turns out to be very kewl... so it got me wondering about TI's settings for this.