Old 05-27-2018, 06:22 PM   #1
JeffreyET
Human being with feelings

Default V. 5.90... Happy ending

I downloaded this version ten minutes ago in an act of desperation.
I have been screwing around with Win10 and REAPER for 5 months - configurations, file management, VST scanning all a huge PITA, just tying to get back the functionality I had with Win 7. Today I reached the end of my rope, REAPER just plain quit starting after importing a configuration, and I was ready to throw my machine at the wall. I uninstalled REAPER & downloaded the latest version. First few tries it would not load. But as I was writing a huge whiny complaint on this forum, I tried one more time (indirectly, by clicking a project file instead of opening REAPER) - and it was like magic, everything works, even VSTs I hadn't entered yet were scanned and loaded - that has NEVER happened before. I never before got any 3rd party VST to load unless I entered each path manually.

My question (finally): Does v. 5.90 have new functionality to scan and load VST's based on their presence in the loading project file?
Old 05-27-2018, 09:05 PM   #2
CDS
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyET View Post
I downloaded this version ten minutes ago in an act of desperation.
I have been screwing around with Win10 and REAPER for 5 months - configurations, file management, VST scanning all a huge PITA, just tying to get back the functionality I had with Win 7. Today I reached the end of my rope, REAPER just plain quit starting after importing a configuration, and I was ready to throw my machine at the wall. I uninstalled REAPER & downloaded the latest version. First few tries it would not load. But as I was writing a huge whiny complaint on this forum, I tried one more time (indirectly, by clicking a project file instead of opening REAPER) - and it was like magic, everything works, even VSTs I hadn't entered yet were scanned and loaded - that has NEVER happened before. I never before got any 3rd party VST to load unless I entered each path manually.

My question (finally): Does v. 5.90 have new functionality to scan and load VST's based on their presence in the loading project file?

there's a sticky at the top that lists the latest changes
CDS is offline   Reply With Quote