Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 02-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #1
benmrx
Human being with feelings

Default Whats your method for selecting MIDI CC lanes?

Curious how people are selecting CC lanes in the MIDI editor. You can drag your mouse down to the CC Drop Down Menu and just scroll to the CC of your choice........but that doesn't seem very Reapery.

I saw the sws actions for saving/recalling CC's for the first four slots.... which helps. But thought someone here might have an alternate method.

Last edited by benmrx; 02-02-2012 at 03:03 AM. Reason: I said the word 'just' about 5 times..
benmrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
planetnine

I don't need to change away from velocity regularly in most sessions, but when I do I just map actions to shortcuts or keys on a controller (I use an X-Keys, it's great for temp stuff like this).

>
Old 02-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #3
benmrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetnine View Post
I don't need to change away from velocity regularly in most sessions, but when I do I just map actions to shortcuts or keys on a controller (I use an X-Keys, it's great for temp stuff like this).

>
Wait a minute! Are you saying that your able to map specific CC lanes to a shortcut? Like say map CC 25 to the letter 'M'? If so, how? I'm not seeing any actions available for this kind of thing.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #4
planetnine

There are actions to change what a CC Lane is displaying, yes. I tend to display only one at a time in the ME, I rarely need to adjust anything beyond velocity.

>
Old 02-02-2012, 02:04 AM   #5
benmrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetnine View Post
There are actions to change what a CC Lane is displaying, yes. I tend to display only one at a time in the ME, I rarely need to adjust anything beyond velocity.

>
Thanks for the info, I see 'cycle through CC lanes, and I do see a dedicated action for 'Set CC lane to velocity', and a few others...., but to ask more specifically, is there an action, or macro to get right to say, CC44?

Last edited by benmrx; 02-02-2012 at 02:39 AM.