Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 03-03-2020, 12:53 PM   #1
Codesound
Human being with feelings

Default Mixer visualization problems in bigger projects

Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamom_x64, REAPER 6.04_x64 DEMO, Themes: default 6, dual monitor and the MIXER is not docked (is full opened in the second monitor)
Hi,

I hope to be in the right section ...

I have visualization problems in the Mixer view with the option "show multiple mixer tracks when size permits" is set to on: when I work with a project with many tracks and after inserting some in subfolders, it is no longer possible to create new subfolders because the mixer graphics become as in the figure:

the mixer faders disappears (in fact, it turns into a knob even where it is not needed), and the mixer become unreadable and unmanageable. (see image below)...

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks...

Last edited by Codesound; 03-03-2020 at 01:38 PM.
Codesound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 02:04 PM   #2
JamesPeters

Since you're allowing sub folders to indent multiple times, this sort of thing is probably inevitable.

You could instead change the mixer view such that sub-folder tracks don't indent, or not nearly as much (it seems you've set your indent to 1/2, so I'd recommend reducing that to 1/8 in the theme adjuster script). Then use borders (a new V6 theme feature, in the theme adjuster script) and/or different track colors to help keep things visually distinct. You can see an example of this in this video near the end, around 22:00.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 02:33 PM   #3
Codesound

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
Since you're allowing sub folders to indent multiple times, this sort of thing is probably inevitable.

You could instead change the mixer view such that sub-folder tracks don't indent, or not nearly as much (it seems you've set your indent to 1/2, so I'd recommend reducing that to 1/8 in the theme adjuster script). Then use borders (a new V6 theme feature, in the theme adjuster script) and/or different track colors to help keep things visually distinct. You can see an example of this in this video near the end, around 22:00.

Hi,

thanks for your feed... I have other similar projects on windows in studio, but these visualization problems doesn't happen.... (image below)... maybe the Linux version doesn't support many sub-tracks? This is Strange.... is not a bug? Theoretically I can have as many tracks as I want rearranged into sub-folders, or?

Thanks again...

PS: in the first two images above I exaggerated the problem .... but I saw that in linux already at 5 subfolder the problem appears

Old 03-05-2020, 10:03 AM   #4
Codesound

Hi,

I wanted to inform that when hiding the send/insert section od the channels, the problem disappear... Thanks for Reaper porting in Linux;

I hope that one day this project become stable (not only experimental)!

Thanks again for all....