Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 08-15-2019, 08:59 AM   #1
Roynald
Human being with feelings

Default Are any of you familiar with Behringer Xenix 302?

Hello, everyone. I am newcomer for this forum. I've made 1 midi (drum) and 1 audio (guitar) track. Taking guitar track use a cheap USB Guitar Link. I wanna make the second take of guitar use behringer xenix 302. But i am so frustated with this device. Plugged guitar and headphone to its slots, turned the knob up (at the device). On my pc, setup playback and recording device then go to reaper, set the preference, input monitoring on, push record arm button, then record button on transport bar, starting to record. It work. But why? When i was recording, it sounding, but the other 2 (midi and guitar 1) don't. I don't push solo or mute button on those track. May you can help me to resolve this problem. Thanks.
Roynald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:44 AM   #2
Stella645

Not sure exactly what you are saying....that the playback mutes when you go into record? The usual complaint with these cheap mixers is that everything gets recorded to the new tracks.

So basically, this device is no use for overdub recording....it records the entire stereo output at the mixer so if you have playback from Reaper you are playing along with to record, you would re-record all of it to the new track.
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:25 PM   #3
Roynald

Thanks, stella645. Sorry, my english maybe not good. This is the situation. There are 3 TCP on my reaper windows. Track 1 and 2 each contain 1 item. I wanna record on track 3. When i start to recording, the vu meter on those 3 TCP are ON. But i just can hear the sound from track 3 to my headphone, can't hear anymore from track 1 and 2. After recording then doing playback, the sound of all tracks (1, 2 and 3) was actually not heard at all. It not happen, when i used the old one device.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:11 AM   #4
Stella645

How do you have the switches set....hard to be 100% sure without trying it but I would guess you need all 3 buttons pushed down to hear DAW and input through the headphones.

But solving this part of the problem is only going to lead you to the bigger problem that this mixer can't do what you want to do!
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:03 AM   #5
Roynald

I decided not to use it anymore. Yes indeed. These devices may be better suited for things like podcasts or audio mixing. BTW, thanks for your help. If you don't mind, help also respond to my post in NEWBIELAND sections.