Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 07-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
vocalnick
Human being with feelings

Default Odd Kontakt hung/delayed notes on initial load

Hi folks,

Apologies if this should be in bug reports or compatibility. I didn't think it *quite* fit in either of those, so just decided on general. Feel free to move!

Kontakt 4 is being a bit odd on first project load. Notes hang and glitch, sometimes I'll get a held note (like it didn't get the MIDI OFF). Over a few plays/starts of the project it seems to settle down and then behave itself.

Any ideas what might be causing it? I had a bit of a search and found a tip about ticking "inform plugins of offline rendering state". I tried that, and though there had been an improvement, but I think perhaps it was placebo effect. So hard to tell with these intermittent problems!

System details:
Windows 8 x64
Reaper x86. I'm using 32 bit Reaper because video is - or at least used to be - more stable. Is that fixed yet?
2011 Macbook Pro 13" i5, 4GB Ram
MOTU 896MkIII interface (but it does it on my Komplete Audio 6 and using on board audio as well)

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
vocalnick

Nobody?

OK, one little bump, then I'll let it go and search some more
Old 07-16-2013, 12:48 AM   #3
gavriloP

Are you sure Kontakt isn't still loading samples to the RAM? I get that behaviour with Kontakt 5 sometimes when I hit play just after loading project. You can see from Kontakt how much memory each instrument patch is using and if those numbers are still increasing, they are being loaded at the moment.
gavriloP is offline   Reply With Quote