Old 06-13-2017, 01:18 PM   #841
G-Sun
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
@G-Sun
Yes you should care about the LUFS Maximum True Peak number. It should be less than -1. This is just for the master track. Yes, a -14.0 LUFS seems to be the standard loudness for general music now. If you do more classical music or soundtracks, you should use -23 LUFS.

the phase meter is red when phase correlation is negative from -1 to 0. This is not good because mono would sound much different than stereo. If phase is from 0 to 1, yellow or green, then it is better. Sometimes it doesn't matter if the correlation is negative for some moments. In the correlation histogram it won't be shown too much if it is only for a brief moment. So a good thing is if you see the histogram yellow or green. Decrease the width of the stereo a bit if you see it all red. A mono output should be green 100% all the time with no stereo phase issues since it is mono.
ok, thanks!
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:32 AM   #842
heda

Default v1.4pre7 (2017-06-26)

update (please keep backup when updating in case this is not working and you want to roll back)

Quote:
* v1.4pre7 (2017-06-26)
+ Tracks Tags: Add tags to tracks, for example MIDI, VCA, AUDIO, VOCALS, GROUP 1, etc... whatever you want. You can add multiple tags to each track.
+ Tracks Tags module: Show or hide in TCP or MCP by tags. / Select Tracks by tags.
# fix: maintain panels scroll position(to latest fully visible) when selecting another track.
This update adds a new panel for adding TAGS to tracks. In REAPER all tracks are the same. This is an advantage but it would also be nice to categorize tracks for several purposes.

Now you can add a tag to each track, or multiple tags. First select the track or multiple tracks you want to categorize and click +Tag button to add the tag. You will see a list of tags in green which are the tags assigned to the selected track. To remove a tag, ALT +click on it.

Below you see a list of all tags used in the project. Click on this list tag name to select all tracks with this tag. Or CTRL click to add that tag to selected tracks without having to type the name of the tag. ALT click to remove this tag from all tracks. There are two buttons TCP and MCP. This toggles the visibility of the tracks with this tag on the TCP or MCP.

This is not 100% finished but I thought it is better that you can already test it already and please suggest your own ideas if you wish. More functionalities by tags can be added and some presets and custom actions to toggle presets of TCP and MCP visibility directly with a shortcut will be added.

heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:18 PM   #843
ericzang

Nice one Heda! Solo and Mute of tag groups would be a helpful addition.
ericzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:15 PM   #844
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericzang View Post
Agreed

Very useful Heda, thanks! Will update soon.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:41 PM   #845
Dannii

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

That looks like a very useful update Hector. Great idea!
Will update soon and give it a run.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:59 AM   #846
G-Sun

Quote:
* v1.4pre7 (2017-06-26)
+ Tracks Tags: Add tags to tracks, for example MIDI, VCA, AUDIO, VOCALS, GROUP 1, etc... whatever you want. You can add multiple tags to each track.
+ Tracks Tags module: Show or hide in TCP or MCP by tags. / Select Tracks by tags.
Track tags: Hallelujah!!
This has been an FR from me for years in native Reaper

Frs/ideas:
- show only tracks tag (tcp/mcp): shift + left click ?
- I'm using mcp very little. Could there be an option to omit the tcp/mcp-distinction, so clicking the tag would show hide both in tcp and mcp? Would give much more room.
- Reorder tags
- Auto-color with default settings/presets (ok, shooting a little high.. )
- +tag/copy/paste could be simplified to take less space

Bug:
- I got doubled tags when doing some combination of single/multiple add tag

Way cool.
Just be aware I have no filters when freethinking FRs and possibilities

Last edited by G-Sun; 06-28-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:32 AM   #847
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericzang View Post
Thank you Eric. I'm adding CTRL + click for soloing the clicked one.

Thank you musicbynumbers and ReaDave. I look forward for your feedback. Any other ideas for track tags apart from selecting and visibility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
Track tags: Hallelujah!!
This has been an FR from me for years in native Reaper

Frs/ideas:
- show only tracks tag (tcp/mcp): shift + left click ?
- I'm using mcp very little. Could there be an option to omit the tcp/mcp-distinction, so clicking the tag would show hide both in tcp and mcp? Would give much more room.
- Reorder tags
- Auto-color with default settings/presets (ok, shooting a little high.. )
- +tag/copy/paste could be simplified to take less space

Bug:
- I got doubled tags when doing some combination of single/multiple add tag

Way cool.
Just be aware I have no filters when freethinking FRs and possibilities
Thank you G-Sun. Your "no filters" is appreciated
I am doing reorder tags by alphabetically name for now.
Doing TCP and MCP link. So changing TCP will also change MCP.
I have moved copy paste buttons to the panel menu.
I'll think about auto color by tags.

I'll post an update soon. I need testing it a bit more, because I made some internal changes due to adding the preset system.

Thank you all for your comments and encouragement
Old 06-29-2017, 02:15 AM   #848
G-Sun

Thanks Heda!
Quote:
I am doing reorder tags by alphabetically name for now.
I'll typically want to order them in categories.
Eg. from random to:
Audio, midi,
bus
Instruments
Fx
then some more screenset-types of tags,
like percussive/transient/time; harmonies etc.

For tag > show only
we'd might like to have scroll-into-view functionality

Last edited by G-Sun; 06-29-2017 at 03:01 AM.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:39 AM   #849
Dannii

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

Quote:

Thank you musicbynumbers and ReaDave. I look forward for your feedback. Any other ideas for track tags apart from selecting and visibility?

Doing TCP and MCP link. So changing TCP will also change MCP.
I'm guessing you're keeping that as an option? In almost all of my projects, I have the tcp and mcp showing different things.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:33 AM   #850
G-Sun

Tags:
Different combinations of show and or not could be useful,
a little like this concept from Gimp:
Old 06-30-2017, 09:15 AM   #851
heda

Default v1.4pre8 (2017-06-30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
I'm guessing you're keeping that as an option? In almost all of my projects, I have the tcp and mcp showing different things.
Sure. It's an option and off by default. The option is in the tags panel menu now.

Update:
Quote:
* v1.4pre8 (2017-06-30)
+ Track Tags: TCP MCP Visibility Presets (CTRL+Click to save preset. ALT+Click to delete preset)
+ Track Tags: 9 actions to load presets via action shortcuts
+ Track Tags: Tags panel menu
# Track Tags: copy and paste moved to panel menu
# Track Tags: CTRL+Click to solo visibility. TCP MCP buttons become green indicating it is soloed. Do it again to unsolo.
# Track Tags: option: MCP visibility follows TCP visibility
# Track Tags: tags are automatically copied when duplicating tracks
# Track Tags: sort list of project tags by name
# Track Tags: SHIFT+click tag to rename tag
# Track Tags: align TCP MCP buttons columns
# Track Tags: internal optimizations in list of tags
# Track Tags: some bug fixes, tags lost when switching tabs, and smaller bugs

Tags Visibility Preset system is working now. It adds 9 presets buttons to save(CTRL+click) or load(Click) combinations of TCP and MCP visibility for quick recall.

Even more. This update adds 9 new actions in your actions window to load each preset. So you can customize your keyboard shortcuts to quickly load a preset without having to go to track inspector panel.

Tags are now ordered by name. And you can rename them (SHIFT+click) Tip: You can for example put an * prefix to a tag and it will show first before any other tags.

You can solo the visibility of a tag by CTRL+click on the tag in the list of all tags. the button becomes green indicating that it is soled. CTRL+click again on it to restore visibility.

There was a big bug in tags not being saved correctly when switching project tabs. It works now. There have been some other internal changes from previous prerelease, so test this all you can. Thank you!
Old 06-30-2017, 10:25 AM   #852
Klangfarben

This is awesome. Any chance of getting more than 9 presets?
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:02 AM   #853
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klangfarben View Post
This is awesome. Any chance of getting more than 9 presets?
thank you.
Yes. How many do you need? 10? 11? I'll make it as a setting.
Old 06-30-2017, 06:22 PM   #854
mehmethan

Oh my god!!! Tags are herE. Thank you so much for this great feature👏👏👏

I hope you can find a way to adapt these taging system to your track templates script,too.

3 feature requests here if possible.

1- When you select a tag, it selects all related tracks as default clicking action now. Is it possible to change it as show only tagged tracks related with tcp,mpc visibility as clicking default.

So when you select "DRUMS" Tag, it will show only DRUMS Tagged channels on mixer and arrange window with tcp and mpc visibilty options as default action.

2- "ALL TRACKS" tag ready by default . This tag will be added automatically to all tracks. Any newly added track will be tagged with it too.

This is good for going back to all tracks easily.
If this is hard to implement, then maybe a button or shortcut to show all tracks will do the job fine.

3- seperate actions for "track versions" like you did for tag presets.

Thank you so much again🙏

Regards
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:08 AM   #855
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmethan View Post
Oh my god!!! Tags are herE. Thank you so much for this great feature������
Regards
Thanks. Yes I think it would be great to have tags also integrated in the Templates somehow. I would have to think about it. It may be an external sidecar file for the tags.

1: Yes. I can make an option for clicking on tag to be as CTRL+clicking TCP and MCP to solo them.

2: I think a button to show all tags is enough. I think there is no need to add a tag to all tracks. But you could also use one of the presets to be with all tags visible. At the moment, tracks without tags are not considered for visibility.

3: Yes.. and I need to copy track tags when creating new versions of a track too.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:52 PM   #856
heda

Quote:
Tags:
Different combinations of show and or not could be useful,
a little like this concept from Gimp:
This is interesting. I've been trying to do something about it. I want at least AND and OR modes. I'll need to rethink some internal functions.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:07 AM   #857
bFooz

Hi Heda, I have finally got myself the VIP version. Overall, excellent job, seems to be the one of the finests, if not the finest script for Reaper so far. I can see a room for improvement especially in a UX area. Obviously you gave it good thinking and if you would team up with some designer, the result would be even greater.

Here are some ideas. These are just my thoughts, some things I would change might be meant like they are now by design.

- notes, show all, the cursor does not go to a marker when the note from the current track is clicked
- no undos for some actions made via the inspector
- when there is no FX in a lower numbered group, that group button is still visible on the bottom of the panel (e.g. FX in 3, no FX in 2, 2 still visible)
- a tooltip delay can be longer, currently there seems to be none
- shift+click to mute the send could work when mouse over the entire send, not just the name
- setting the send volume could work only over the send bar itself, not also over the name line. And it could be graphically suggested on a mouse hover, that the volume is adjustable in this way. Also, UX in this area is among those not so good.
- a click on send's volume number readout could call up a window where the user can manually type the number
- stereo direction does not seem to work well, displaying 4R on mono tracks, maybe it has something to do when a track have several channels but those are used as a sidechain?
- peaks could have some fall off time besides the peak hold. The API function for peaks probably have this set the same as the native peaks.
- ML MAX, SL MAX, TP MAX, L.RANGE could be reset by clicking on them
- M and S buttons in the general panel could stand out a little more. They are used much more often than the other buttons around them. They can be even doubled in size.
- Pre-FX clickabe text at the bottom of the window is bright white when no volume level is show and grey when some green level is over it. So then it seems it is blinking and gaining unwanted attention
- meter panel height button not in documentation, I cannot figure it out, there seems to be 4 modes but only three are mentioned in the tooltip
- there could be buttons < and > to select next and previous track. Or even a dragable area where the user would drag left or right and it would behave like a scrollbar for selecting a track
- CTRL+click on a panel title text uncollapses also a color panel which is not desired
- the correlation meter could be more steady. Or maybe add a "width" meter as found in Melda plugins, I use that one a lot
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:14 AM   #858
bFooz

And one question: how can I make my script for changing track selection to work well with yours? Curently when I select different track by reaper.SetOnlyTrackSelected( track ), it is not updated in the inspector. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:16 AM   #859
G-Sun

Quote:
v1.4pre8 (2017-06-30)
Thanks a lot!
I guess much is still work in progress.
Do you plan to make tag presets different from screenset track views?

- Still easy to duplicate tags for one track
- Some bugs on tag solo
- Can't get Visibility Presets to work right

I was thinking removing the TMCP all together and let tags float to fill space, but that's just an idea. Depending on how to solve all actions/key-combinations.

Scroll into view looks sweet
Old 07-03-2017, 05:17 AM   #860
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bFooz View Post
And one question: how can I make my script for changing track selection to work well with yours? Curently when I select different track by reaper.SetOnlyTrackSelected( track ), it is not updated in the inspector. Thanks.
Track Inspector reads the undo history for some commands.
you could create an undo point named "Change Track Selection".

Thank you very much for all your ideas. I'll think about them when I have time. This started as a simple idea but kept growing.

the meter panel height button. you are right, the tooltip is not clear. I'll update documentation. I need to document all latest updates too :/ Making documentation is not as fun as programming

To scroll all panels vertically, click with middle mouse button anywhere(except meter panel) and drag.
To change the height of the meters panel there are 4 modes:
1) ▄ Meters panel height fills the space left after all panels. This is the default but sometimes there is no space left for the meter panel.
2) .. Meters panel height fills the space left after all panels but with a minimum of half the height reserved for the meter panel.
3) . Meters panel always half of height of the window.
4) ↕ Meters panel always specific height defined by dragging up and down the ___ line next to it.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:31 AM   #861
bFooz

BUG: when both the main inspector and the floating inspector are open and both show the same track, the send to an auxiliary ___trackinspector track is shown in one of them.

Also, the other one does not reflect track selection change (is this by design?).

Suggestions:
- the floating inspector could be closable by an ESC key
- pan meter L||||||R does need some left and right margin, also some other elemets
Old 07-03-2017, 02:03 PM   #862
heda

Quote:
BUG: when both the main inspector and the floating inspector are open and both show the same track, the send to an auxiliary ___trackinspector track is shown in one of them.

Also, the other one does not reflect track selection change (is this by design?).

Suggestions:
- the floating inspector could be closable by an ESC key
- pan meter L||||||R does need some left and right margin, also some other elemets
the floating and the normal version are just the same script. It is not designed to run twice. You should run one or the other. Why would you like to use the floating version if you have the normal one open? Maybe the normal one could be closed automatically if the floating is started.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:49 PM   #863
Klangfarben

Quote:
thank you.
Yes. How many do you need? 10? 11? I'll make it as a setting.
That would be awesome! Any chance of getting like 20 preset slots or so?
Old 07-04-2017, 01:51 AM   #864
bFooz

Quote:
Why would you like to use the floating version if you have the normal one open?
Configuration is separate for both. Maybe I would put different panels in the fixed one and different in the floating one.

For example:
- fixed one for metering
- floating one for controlling, buttons etc., as it is run under the mouse cursor thus the mouse don't have to move to the end of the screen

Quote:
Maybe the normal one could be closed automatically if the floating is started.
Don't feel this would be a good move. Maybe optionable.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:01 AM   #865
bFooz

BUG: TAGS arrow does not rotate when the panel is open.

Suggestion: Maybe I would make a clickable area for the GLOBAL panel arrow a little bit wider to the left, maybe to the same length as the TAGS or NOTES is. With this, make a consideration what happens when the font size for the panels' titles is changed, as there is no text in the global's title.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:51 AM   #866
heda

Quote:
Configuration is separate for both. Maybe I would put different panels in the fixed one and different in the floating one.
oh yes, I see. It is interesting. I need to do some internal changes to make both instances aware that they are running.

To close the floating one, instead of Esc, just press again the same shortcut that started it. Because the script gives focus back to arrange to avoid stealing the focus for normal REAPER operation, so it wouldn't detect the Esc key. But if you start it again with the script running, it will close.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:57 AM   #867
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klangfarben View Post
That would be awesome! Any chance of getting like 20 preset slots or so?
Yes you can have as many as you want.

edit: Next update supports custom number of presets. buttons wrap to script window width.

Last edited by heda; 07-04-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:53 AM   #868
hopi

Heda... love the tags but not understanding how to create and use the presets for them... can you give me a clue plz?
Old 07-04-2017, 12:22 PM   #869
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
Heda... love the tags but not understanding how to create and use the presets for them... can you give me a clue plz?
Sure.. At some point I have to write it for the documentation page so... here are some instructions:

There are a number of preset buttons ready to store and load the state of the table of visibility below. Not for loading predefined tags.

CTRL+click in the preset number to create a preset. It stores the combination of visibility of TCP and MCP and more(coming in next update)
It will ask you for a preset name. Only useful to remember what was the preset for. You can enter a name or just leave it.
The lastest loaded preset is highlighted in green. And the name of the presets is displayed above the preset buttons.

Click in the preset number to load the preset. It changes visibility of all the tracks with the tags as stored in the presets. If you create new tags after a preset is created, the visibility of these won't be affected when loading the preset that didn't have those tags saved in the preset.

So, to update a preset (for example if you added tags that were not existing when you created the preset) you can just check the visibility of the new tags as you want in the preset, and CTRL+click again in the same preset number and it overwrites the preset.

ALT+click to delete the preset. Boom!

Ask if you have any specific question that I may be forgetting Thanks!

Last edited by heda; 07-04-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:31 PM   #870
Klangfarben

Quote:
Yes you can have as many as you want.

edit: Next update supports custom number of presets. buttons wrap to script window width.
That is so fantastic, especially when you have to work in wide groups of stems (which is pretty much all the time for me).

So brilliant. Thanks, Heda!
Old 07-04-2017, 05:11 PM   #871
heda

Default v1.4pre9 (2017-07-04)

update:

Quote:
* v1.4pre9 (2017-07-04)
+ Track Tags: Toggle Solo in place by tags (except muted tracks)
+ Track Tags: Toggle Mute by tags (except already muted tracks)
# Track Tags: Copy tags automatically when creating new Track Version
# fix: crash renaming tag if there are no presets stored
# fix: Additional instances (Master, Floating, etc) now use the same internal project data (used for notes, tags, etc etc) while maintaining different configurations.
# Setting: customizable number of tags presets
# Track Tags: avoid duplicated tags. @G-Sun
# fix: tags panel arrow not rotating. @bFooz
# Added second Floating instance
+ Setting: Tooltip delay

New tags function to solo and mute tracks by tags. It does respect your already muted tracks.

Now if a track has multiple tags, all of them must be set to visible in order to make the track visible. I'm thinking what will be the best way to make OR combinations for tags. So for example if only one of the tags is found to be set visible then show the track.

The floating instance won't generate additional sends now and it is possible to change tracks and work with the docked instance and the floating instance at the same time. Still each instance has its own configuration so you can hide or show panels individually for each instance. So I added a second floating instance by default that I will use for example to hide all panels from the settings except the tags one. Now all tags, notes, and any other project data are stored in the main instance always. So you can access the information from the floating instances too.

Please test the new solo and mute functions. Thanks !

Last edited by heda; 07-04-2017 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:51 AM   #872
bFooz

Hi, nice update!

BUG: seems like with this new version the very top bar in the color of the track disapperead.

Idea: for floating versions put something like "Copy settings from the main inspector" next to "reset defaults". Argument - I have first configured the main one and want to have floatings look the same as a starting point.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:21 AM   #873
heda

Oops. the top bar is there but scrolls to the second panel now. If you middle drag a bit to scroll up, it is there. Fixing...

nice idea for settings to main instance.

Thank you!
Old 07-05-2017, 02:32 AM   #874
bFooz

Observations regarding freezing:

- keep the track selected after freezing
- items in children track could get muted on archiving, because now the waveform of them is being drawn in the folder track
- freeze already frozen folder with archived children, then unfreeze it once and the children gets shown while they still should be collapsed
- select tracks with MIDI takes selects also tracks with empty items
- "select tracks" menu is not completely clear to me meaning-wise, especially "Select all visible tracks with all audio takes". Maybe if you would send me a description (or algo) what all of them does, I could come up with more understandable titles.
- "Freeze tracks with new version" does not seem to do freezing.
- when freezing with new version and the "showw all tracks versions" in the version panel is expanded, the newly created version should be visible
- the new version is put directly underneath the current track. When there are other versions created, the track should go underneath the last version. Tracks now: v1 v5 v4 v3 v6 v2. Should be: v1 v2 v3 v4 v5 v6. (or is this by design?)

Versions panel: when all versions are being collapsed, the tracks in TCP are being obviously collapsed one by one. (preventUIRefresh missing?)
Old 07-05-2017, 03:34 AM   #875
G-Sun

Quote:
* v1.4pre9 (2017-07-04)
+ Track Tags: Toggle Solo in place by tags (except muted tracks)
+ Track Tags: Toggle Mute by tags (except already muted tracks)
This is so cool!
Is it foolproof against unmuting muted tracks?

Quote:
# Track Tags: avoid duplicated tags
Thanks!
Old 07-05-2017, 03:42 AM   #876
heda

@bFooz you are very good beta testing

freezing to new version works here for me. But maybe I'm missing something. A small gif or video could help

I'll rename the menus to:
Select tracks for freezing
Select tracks for freezing containing only MIDI active takes
Select tracks for freezing containing only AUDIO active takes
Select all visible frozen tracks

but now that I see.. there is a bug in the "Select tracks for freezing containing only AUDIO active takes" because it is selecting tracks without items and tracks designated as "not freezing" and it shouldn't.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:45 AM   #877
heda

Quote:
Is it foolproof against unmuting muted tracks?
tracks muted before soloing from tags should not be soloed.

tracks already muted before muting from tags should remain muted after unmuting from the the tags. Try it.

Let me know if it doesn't work like that.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:18 AM   #878
mehmethan

Hi Heda,

Ctrl + Click to a tag TMCP which has no selected tracks makes inspector crash here.

" bad argument #1 to 'SetMixerScroll' (MediaTrack expected)"
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:58 AM   #879
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmethan View Post
Hi Heda,

Ctrl + Click to a tag TMCP which has no selected tracks makes inspector crash here.

" bad argument #1 to 'SetMixerScroll' (MediaTrack expected)"
ohh and I see another bug.. thank you!
Old 07-05-2017, 05:44 AM   #880
heda

Default v1.4pre10 (2017-07-05)

update

Quote:
* v1.4pre10 (2017-07-05)
+ Track Tags: Right click TCP MCP buttons to change each tag logic for visibility.
+ Freeze: added button to select tracks (more intuitive than right click the other button) Also displays how many tracks are selected.
# fix: Select tracks to freeze with audio takes.
# fix: top bar scroll [p=1862085]@bFooz
# fix: Prevent refresh when all versions are being collapsed [p=1862088]@bFooz
# fix: restore track selection after freezing [p=1862088]@bFooz
# fix: crash Ctrl + Click to a tag which has no selected tracks [p=1862104]@mehmethan
+ Settings: Reset all settings to main instance button. [p=1862085]@bFooz
new update with fixes and new logic for tags by right clicking TCP MCP buttons. It becomes blue meaning this track will be always shown if just this tag is found in the track, independently of the visibility of other tags in the track.
Normally(when buttons are white, not blue) all tags in the track should be visible in order to show the track.