Old 01-16-2020, 12:42 AM   #1
zaibuyidao
Human being with feelings

Default Questions About MIDI Editor Solo

Please casually import reference music and Solo current track. Then, Play. Within the range of MIDI data, press Stop and immediately UnSolo. MIDI data will play the reverberation residue.

This Reverberation Residue will affect the sound judgment, especially when the reference song is used to switch SOLO frequently, it cannot be used normally.
Attached Files
File Type: rpp TEST.rpp (9.8 KB, 164 views)

Last edited by zaibuyidao; 01-18-2020 at 10:42 AM.
zaibuyidao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:23 AM   #2
zaibuyidao

Another problem is that in the state of track Solo, cannot click on MIDI notes to preview MIDI data, or scrub MIDI data. This setting is unreasonable. Unable to write MIDI data in Solo state, the MIDI transcription work will be very difficult.

the reference song must be in Solo state, and write while listening. Therefore, it is important that you can input MIDI data and preview MIDI data in the Solo state.

Last edited by zaibuyidao; 01-18-2020 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:06 AM   #3
ivansc

Think you might have something set that is affecting this. All seems to work the same when I tried it. and no "reverb" hangs
Old 01-16-2020, 05:37 AM   #4
zaibuyidao

I found the reason. Even if the target track is in the SOLO state, the MIDI data of other tracks are still played, so when (Simultaneously) UnSolo and Stop, there will be residual MIDI data being released.

Because MIDI data cannot be written and previewed in the Solo state. My current operation is to use the Solo track when I need to listen to reference music and the UnSolo track when I need to write data. This is a very painful experience. This requires frequent switching, and I used a script to handle this. Unfortunately, the first problem is encountered in UnSolo.

However, I am currently more inclined to solve the second problem. If it is solved, then I can Preview MIDI data during Solo(State), avoiding the trouble of switching Solo buttons frequently. Then the first problem does not exist.

This is no problem in Cakewalk. This playback mechanism seems difficult to solve with a script.

Last edited by zaibuyidao; 01-18-2020 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:42 AM   #5
Icchan

This isn't a bug reporting area...
You can report bugs and issues here with any features with pre-release or RC builds which have been introduced but you shouldn't report bugs in released versions here I believe?
Icchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:01 PM   #6
dangguidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaibuyidao View Post
I found the reason. Even if the target track is in the SOLO state, the MIDI data of other tracks are still played, so when (Simultaneously) UnSolo and Stop, there will be residual MIDI data being released.

Because MIDI data cannot be written and previewed in the Solo state. My current operation is to use the Solo track when I need to listen to reference music and the UnSolo track when I need to write data. This is a very painful experience. This requires frequent switching, and I used a script to handle this. Unfortunately, the first problem is encountered in UnSolo.

However, I am currently more inclined to solve the second problem. If it is solved, then I can write MIDI data during Solo(State), avoiding the trouble of switching Solo buttons frequently. Then the first problem does not exist.

This is no problem in Cakewalk. This playback mechanism seems difficult to solve with a script.
It's a routing problem. You need to send audio tracks to all MIDI tracks, and mute these transmissions.
I usually put the audio track on the first track and wrote a script so that the imported MIDI can be written normally.
It's OK to set up a template for normal work.

Last edited by dangguidan; 12-29-2022 at 08:11 AM.
dangguidan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 12:17 AM   #7
zaibuyidao

Setting up routing can solve it. I researched it again and it works. It is more troublesome to set up, maybe this playback mechanism must do it.

Thank you very much!

Last edited by zaibuyidao; 01-18-2020 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:10 PM   #8
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaibuyidao View Post
Please casually import reference music and Solo current track. Then, Play. Within the range of MIDI data, press Stop and immediately UnSolo. MIDI data will play the reverberation residue.
Select Flush FX on stop, Preferences/Audio/Playback.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote