COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 05-11-2008, 11:28 PM   #1
Dan
up here in my tree

Thumbs up Welcome!

Hi, this forum is for the posting of bug reports, feature requests, questions, comments, and anything else regarding camelcamelcamel.com.

What is the tri-camel? It is a simple tool for tracking products on Amazon.com. The master CamelBot monitors Amazon pricing and availability and emails you when products you want are available for the prices you define.

That's the semi-concise description, I guess. Even more concise: camelcamelcamel is a project I am working on in my spare time because I find it interesting.

If you also find it interesting, I encourage you to use it and post any of the aforementioned postables to this forum. I tend to keep a close eye on these forums, so your requests could be implemented (or your bugs fixed) pretty quickly if you take the time to make a thread!

Most humbly,

Dan

PS - thanks to nithya! she is/has been the primary tester/idea giver/whip cracker of this project.

Last edited by Dan; 05-11-2008 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:44 PM   #2
Dan
up here in my tree

By the way, you needn't register for the Camel forum. You can give feedback anonymously!
Old 05-18-2008, 03:10 AM   #3
LOSER
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Hi, this forum is for the posting of bug reports, feature requests, questions, comments, and anything else regarding camelcamelcamel.com.

What is the tri-camel? It is a simple tool for tracking products on Amazon.com. The master CamelBot monitors Amazon pricing and availability and emails you when products you want are available for the prices you define.

That's the semi-concise description, I guess. Even more concise: camelcamelcamel is a project I am working on in my spare time because I find it interesting.

If you also find it interesting, I encourage you to use it and post any of the aforementioned postables to this forum. I tend to keep a close eye on these forums, so your requests could be implemented (or your bugs fixed) pretty quickly if you take the time to make a thread!

Most humbly,

Dan

PS - thanks to nithya! she is/has been the primary tester/idea giver/whip cracker of this project.
Cool! Does this also work with Amazon.de (or any other country's amazon domain) or just with Amazon.com?
Old 05-18-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
Dan
up here in my tree

Yes it does! You can change your locale by clicking the flags at the bottom of the page, or by going into your Profile and setting your default locale.

Try this link for Amazon Germany: http://de.camelcamelcamel.com/
Old 05-29-2008, 06:24 PM   #5
Nithya

I like the new price point tracking summaries. Pretty interesting to see how much people are willing to put down for a product and also helps one in gauging how much a product is actually worth.

(I'm telling you that here since I was told to do so)

Btw, could you mark the desired price on the graph next to the blue line? That would be nice, I think, since the only place our desired price gets displayed in otherwise is in the tracking info box.

PS - you're welcome!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:23 PM   #6
Dan
up here in my tree

Having the desired price on the graph is a good idea.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:23 PM   #7
Smike

Wink

This is just so great. It's really really great.

I'm not referring to the new feature - that's good too, of course - I mean the site. I mean this idea, The Camel. Triple Camel. Tri-C.

Up, down, up, down, up, down. Three Humps.

The Even-Toed Ungulate Party of Three;

Tri-Dromedarius, Duke of All of Camelus and The Mountains of The Amazon;

The Magnificent Three: Amazon Explorers of Most Excellent Reputation and The Mighty Conquerors of The Vast Forest Beyond;

Eved-Toed Ungulates, Lords of Brazil;

The Llama Avengers;

HUMPS!! OH?! WHY SO MANY HUMPS!? (?);

The Camels: Great Westward Travelers of The Endless Dawn;

Mark, Johnson, and Pete: Personal Injury Attorneys On Your Side - Involved in a Llama collision? An Alpaca threatening suit? We're Dromedary Attorneys who will work for you to get things done. "With Mark, Johnson, and Pete, you never pay until WE WIN!";

Lawrence of Camelia: The Amazon Adventures (starring Omar Sharif as Sharif Abu-Even-Toe Ali);

And of course, the title of the original Beta site:
"CamelusDromedarius-CamelusDromedarius-CamelusDromedarius.com"
(which I'm just going to hazard a guess is not currently registered).

Oh yes, few sites in or out of the Amazon Jungle are as useful as this one. I LOVE IT! I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT! I AM IN LOVE WITH THESE CAMELS - IS THAT SO WRONG???

Last edited by Smike; 05-30-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #8
anthony8406
Banned

Quote:
Yes it does! You can change your locale by clicking the flags at the bottom of the page, or by going into your Profile and setting your default locale.

Try this link for Amazon Germany: http://de.camelcamelcamel.com/
oh,Thanks so much for posting this link! , I will try it now.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:54 AM   #9
Alarik

Thumbs up Tri-Camel the best

The level of awesomeness of this site is beyond mortal imagining. I discovered the camels only a week ago and already and they have already saved me 50 euro's in on a Slimline PS3 and the Matrix trilogy blu-ray pack.

I salute you.

greetings from the Netherlands,

Alarik

Old 04-13-2011, 10:01 AM   #10
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarik View Post
The level of awesomeness of this site is beyond mortal imagining. I discovered the camels only a week ago and already and they have already saved me 50 euro's in on a Slimline PS3 and the Matrix trilogy blu-ray pack.

I salute you.

greetings from the Netherlands,

Alarik
Daaaang that's a lot of euros! Glad things are working out for you =)
Old 12-08-2008, 05:59 AM   #11
Nanciejeanne

Hi, great site!

I like the top items on the home page very much, but wish there were more. Is there a way you can look for "top droppers" in different categories? Like click jewelry and you can see the top 10 (or 25) price drops there. Or sporting goods, toys, etc.?

Just a suggestion that would probably make me come here before amazon! Thanks in advance for considering my suggestion.

OR (just thought of this) list, say 200 items and we could sort by category or percentage, similar to the way you can sort the specials on amazon's gold box page. I don't know much about programming, so this may be difficult. I just thought it would be nice.

Last edited by Nanciejeanne; 12-08-2008 at 06:07 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:35 PM   #12
Dan
up here in my tree

Howdy! Thank you

Part of the giganto update I'm working on at the moment is the product browser, which sounds just like what you're suggesting! Not only will you be able to search Amazon directly, but you'll also be able to browse our product database and filter the data all sorts of ways, including Top Drops and other lists.

Keep your eyes peeled! I'm working hard to launch these updates soon.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #13
CheerfulWilf

Default Wow. This redefines Awesome.

Holy Flaming Codpieces, Batman! This tool is fantastic!

Dan, you are a god that walks amongst us. Thank you!

Old 01-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #14
Dan
up here in my tree

Well shucks, CheerfulWilf! You are too kind

I'm no god, though! You can find them over in the REAPER forum.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #15
Unregistered

Thumbs up GREAT SITE!

Found your site a few days ago and have been tracking price drops for the Samsung LN52A650. Today, thanks to your price drop notification, I got one ordered for $1649, plus a few bucks shipping.

Just wanted to say "thanks", it sure was worth my time hecking out your site.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:49 PM   #16
Dan
up here in my tree

I'm really happy to hear that. The camel led you to an oasis.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #17
Unregistered

Unhappy GREAT SITE! Update:

It's still a great site, but readers should know the $l649.00 ultra-low price was a fraud. The seller bailed on me and probably a number of other buyers as well. Wish Amazon had a better screening process for their new sellers.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:09 AM   #18
Unregistered

Default tracking not working for me

HI. Love the idea, but so far it isn't working for me. I get a black chart with "chart unavailable" when I do a search. I can't find any fix in the help section.

Help?

Old 05-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #19
Dan
up here in my tree

That means the product you are tracking was only recently added to our list, as the charts only show up if there are 2 or more price changes. So if you lookup a product no one else has tracked before, it's likely that you have just created the initial price point!

Keep checking back, once we collect more data (in the coming days/weeks) the graph should appear. Maybe even sooner if the price changes a lot!

Sounds like I need to make this more clear on the site.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:23 AM   #20
cmarkn

Lightbulb Track Shopping Cart

I have been using my shopping cart as my wish list because I get a message when a price changes on an item in my shopping cart, but not items in my wish list. So now I have nearly 400 items in my shopping cart (including several duplicates).

I sure wish I could import my shopping cart from Amazon into my wish list at C3. Then I wouldn't have to go look every day just to see that several items have changed by a penny.

Another feature I'd like to have is setting all my watched items to notify me when they are down 25% percent, rather than having to set a price for each one with the default to -$.01.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #21
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarkn View Post
I have been using my shopping cart as my wish list because I get a message when a price changes on an item in my shopping cart, but not items in my wish list. So now I have nearly 400 items in my shopping cart (including several duplicates).

I sure wish I could import my shopping cart from Amazon into my wish list at C3. Then I wouldn't have to go look every day just to see that several items have changed by a penny.

Another feature I'd like to have is setting all my watched items to notify me when they are down 25% percent, rather than having to set a price for each one with the default to -$.01.
I believe you can move your shopping cart into your Amazon wishlist, which can the be imported at C3. Right now that import will track all products at (current price - $0.01), but I can look into defining a % prior to import!
Old 05-27-2009, 01:12 AM   #22
cmarkn

Unhappy Re: Track Shopping Cart

Quote:
I believe you can move your shopping cart into your Amazon wishlist, which can the be imported at C3.
I asked Customer Service about it. They say "Currently we do not have the feature to add the items directly from shopping cart to wish list."
Old 07-21-2009, 03:44 AM   #23
Johnno

Default Marketing

Hi there,

I am a marketing student and I've been working on a paper about how online price monitor services like your great site market themselves. I really don't know if you can give out any information but I'm curious to know how quickly you grew with respect to new users and how exactly you went about promoting your service. Can you help Dan?

Many thanks and keep up the good work

Old 07-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #24
Dan
up here in my tree

The growth of our users looks like this:

We don't really do that much promotion, other than listing it on Stumbleupon, Digg, and asking for feedback on forums where I post.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #25
Unregistered

Question camelizer

OK I installed it. Now where is it?

Old 12-16-2009, 04:41 PM   #26
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
OK I installed it. Now where is it?
If we're talking about the Camelizer, visit a product page on Amazon and look to the left.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:38 PM   #27
Unregistered

Smile camelizer

found it - thanks!

Old 12-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #28
Dan
up here in my tree

Happy to help :]
Old 04-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #29
alex1

Default keep being directed to US site

I have just joined your site - once I activated my account via my email message from you I keep being directed to the US site with all the prices in dollars.
How can I correct this - it must be something I am doing as I am not fantastic with computers!

Thank you

Alex

Old 04-11-2010, 01:25 PM   #30
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1 View Post
I have just joined your site - once I activated my account via my email message from you I keep being directed to the US site with all the prices in dollars.
How can I correct this - it must be something I am doing as I am not fantastic with computers!

Thank you

Alex
Hi Alex,

Inside your account settings you can set a default locale, which will then redirect you on login to the appropriate site.

If that doesn't work, you may have found a bug!

Can you access http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/ ? Or does it always redirect you back to the US site?
Old 12-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #31
Unregistered

Default Stock

Hello, been using your site for a few weeks. A really cool feature i would like to see is the tracking of the stock available, the site could send an email when at the amazon page it says, 4 left in stock, order soon, so we could buy it before it runs out. I don´t know if this is possible to monitor or not, just a very useful feature if it existed. Thank you

Old 12-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #32
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, been using your site for a few weeks. A really cool feature i would like to see is the tracking of the stock available, the site could send an email when at the amazon page it says, 4 left in stock, order soon, so we could buy it before it runs out. I don´t know if this is possible to monitor or not, just a very useful feature if it existed. Thank you
Our price watches track the availability by default, so tracking a product for its current price would accomplish what you're asking. Are you wanting to track availability by itself?
Old 12-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #33
Unregistered

Default Availability

Yup exactly, i see this site already tracks availability, it states when it´s available or not, but what i´m asking is for this site to send a warning when the item is almost out of stock at the amazon site, so yes i guess it would be independent, so you could choose an option for it to warn you when at the amazon site it said that usual low stock, order soon message.
Thanks for your attention!