Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 01-15-2021, 08:11 AM   #1
Colox
Human being with feelings

Default How do you set/control TCP default heights?

I'm struggling to control the default height of TCP tracks
I don't use the mixer view hardly at all, so for me it's just the TCP.

I use the default heights as the height which tracks spawns in when created, and I also use X-Raym's script 'reset tracks to default TCP height'. I need to set the default sice differently than things are now.

I started building my theme 'from scratch', using the Classic 4.x base, but with a blank rtconfig file, and went from there. In the rtconfig, I got the following two arguments set in the beginning top part of it:
Code:
tcp_heights 20 23 60 23
tcp_min_height 100
But changing these doesn't seem to affect the default height of TCP tracks in any aspect I can find.
Further down the rtconfig, I got a few standalone "layout" types, but the main TCP setting is not bound to any layout declaration, and looks like this:
Code:
clear tcp.*
reset tcp.*
set tcp.size [83 25 0 0]
Maybe the 'clear' or 'reset' nulls the tcp_min_height set in the beginning? Though cancelling the clear or reset yields no difference for me, nor does changing the tcp.size.

I also use a small vertical meter on the tracks, which is composed of a few small 16x16 pixel large PNG images. This meter gets cut off, just a few pixels, at the bottom end, because the TCP isn't high enough.

Perhaps tcp.size is controlled by a complex interrelationship between several parameters or conditions that I fail to see, and that the themeing manual doesn't seem to tell.

Can do you control the default tcp track height, and if so, how?
thanks

Last edited by Colox; 01-15-2021 at 08:20 AM.
Colox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:37 PM   #2
PhelixK
Human being with feelings

Inside Reaper Preferences, have you tried set default track height as “Small” ?
Then it should use the 3rd value from rtconfig > tcp_heights (60px in your example).
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote