Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2020, 12:42 PM   #1
jemtman
Human being with feelings

Default Searchable Take Markers

I love the idea of take markers, but my workflow doesn't really allow me to use them until they're searchable.

I make documentary podcasts, so I often have hours of raw tape that gets excerpted and turned into a much shorter final episode. I currently use markers to keyword all of my raw tape, so that I can quickly search for the audio I'm looking for and have it pop up in the region/marker manager. Honestly I love that ability. The major downside of it is that when I copy something out of the raw audio and into the actual episode, the markers get left behind (since those are tied to the time and not the item).

I was really excited about take markers, since they're tied to the audio and not the time. however, I was surprised to see that they aren't searchable, which defeats the purpose for me.

What I'm requesting is an option in the Region/Marker Manager to search take markers (and BWF markers too!). This could be implemented by adding a third checkbox in that window: "regions, markers, take markers"

Thanks!

*Attached picture shows me querying the region/marker manager for a keyword to find audio across a long interview.
Attached Images
File Type: png Annotation 2020-05-28 153427.png (58.0 KB, 217 views)
jemtman is offline   Reply With Quote