Old 08-02-2017, 08:20 PM   #1
jesussaddle
Human being with feelings

Default Bug With MenuSets

This is probably user inexperience. I tried using ReaMenu this afternoon. I realized there was a function I couldn't find on it, so I decided to go back to the original menu (which I fortunately saved earlier today in the MenuSets folder - or so I thought - using Export all menus/toolbars...). When I went to import it, nothing imported. I checked, and the file size is 2 kilobytes. So I've tried figuring out why I can't save the menu state to be able to get my feet wet and then return to the default reaper menu. The files I'm saving are basically useless. I can't figure out how to select or save anything else. Basically I'm stumped. Can anyone enlighten me?

[NOTE: i have since found the "export configuration" button in the Prefs menu. Which presumably is good for the emergency I faced - but that's another story. Does the export/import of a Menuset file work FROM THE customize menu/toolbar panel for you guys? It doesn't appear to work in my installation of Reaper at the moment...]

Last edited by jesussaddle; 08-03-2017 at 12:41 AM.
jesussaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:12 AM   #2
Pet
Human being with feelings

Hi jesussaddle,
to go back to the default menus, click the "reset all menus..." button in the menus/toolbars window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesussaddle View Post
The files I'm saving are basically useless.
If you export the menus without having added any custom entries, you get indeed an empty file.

You can add any action to the menus in the menu/toolbars window.

HTH
Peter