Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 09-17-2017, 09:07 AM   #1
colonel_claypool
Human being with feelings

Default Track solo-button to only affect master track and not sends?

Hey guys, I'm sorry for asking a seemingly unremarkable question but I'm at a loss here.

I have a couple of tracks that are routed through my master fader as well as an "aux" track that sends it to a hardware output different from the master track.
This aux routes to an headphone amp.

Now, what I'd like to achieve is be able to hit the a source track's solo button so that I hear it solo'ed but without it affecting the headphone aux.
I want to hear a track solo'ed but the person listening on headphones should still hear all the tracks.

Through each track's routing panel I can set the send volume independently a create the submix but the track's solo button affects all sends.

Is this possible?

Thanks for your help.
colonel_claypool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:45 AM   #2
colonel_claypool

I toyed around a little bit and realized that I could duplicate all tracks an route them to another hardware output. This way I can solo an instance of "my" trackls leaving the tracks for the other hardware output untouched. However, this is not a very nice workflow and can get quite messy with a large track count. Does anybody have another idea? Thanks.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:11 AM   #3
nofish

Rightclick the solo button on the aux track and set to "Solo defeat" should do *I think* (can't test atm).
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:28 AM   #4
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Rightclick the solo button on the aux track and set to "Solo defeat" should do *I think* (can't test atm).
Yeah, that should work.

heh heh, @nofish, you've always got a simple way to doing things, I was about to show him a simple custom action to do this.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:40 AM   #5
nofish

@Tod

Let's first see if it actually works for him (as said, I can't test myself currently).
If not your custom action is asked.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:58 AM   #6
colonel_claypool

Thanks for your help guys, the "Solo Defeat" did what I needed it to do. I played with solo defeat before I posted my question, however, I set the individual mic tracks to solo defeat instead of the headphone aux which is what needed to be done. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
@Tod

Let's first see if it actually works for him (as said, I can't test myself currently).
If not your custom action is asked.