Old 08-07-2007, 01:19 AM   #1
Alexx
Human being with feelings

Default Cpu Spikes & Reaper locking up

Hello All, I'm new to reaper have been trying it out for 4 days now love the program but been having some issues with it.
First off, i tested the program by recording 6 audio tracks and 6 midi tracks no fx, and all was well and good then when i started to edit the audio tracks (basic cutting moving and gluing)is where it all went sideways the cpu went from 2% to 99.8% and reaper froze,i could not even restart the computer as reaper would not close i had to press the reset button. This happened with v.1883 and v.1884 so all weekend i ran a number of system diagnostics and all was good i re-installed reaper and tried different settings, nothing worked same thing happened when i started to edit my song cpu went from 2% to 99.8% and then froze. The second problem i had was when i used reaper rewired to ableton live 6, when i pressed play from within reapers GUI the loops in ableton played back smoothly how ever when i switched over to abletons GUI and pressed play at the beginning of the loop there was a stutter in the audio this happened no matter what settings i tried, haven't had any problems with other rewire programs. So after spending all day today trying to get to the bottom of this my brain is tired lol so i now turn to all of you for ideas any help would be great, as i would like to switch to reaper instead of upgrading cubase sx to cubase 4 but so far with these problems i can't anyway folks thx in advance.

Alexx.

My system Specs:
Windows Xp pro
4 gigs of ram
Intel core 2 duo E6600
3 Seagate 300g sata II HD
MOTU 828mkII
MOTU MIDI Express XT
Alexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:10 AM   #2
Alexx
Human being with feelings

As a side note to my above post, did more testing this morning and found that with my task manager open and on the performance tab if i moved notes around or moved velocity stalks up or down
within the midi editor, that the cpu would jump from 2% to 89-90% shortly there after reaper will freeze. I've been able to repeat this several times has anyone else had this happen ?

Alexx.
Alexx is offline   Reply With Quote