Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2022, 01:39 PM   #1
Gurt Tractor
Human being with feelings

Default Freehand drawing take volume envelope randomly breaks constantly

Hi. I've been working on a sound design project where I've been using a lot of items layered together, with drawn volume automation to create the required effects. It's been going perfectly well for a while now, but for some reason ctrl+dragging to draw the volume automation on some takes just isn't working. It'll make new points on the line, but it won't draw at all. Sometimes it will draw but it's very laggy and glitchy, or if I come back to it it'll work again for a bit then stop working.

I can find zero reproducability or reason for this, I've tried so much but it's just random as far as I can tell. I'll keep trying and update this if I can find anything that makes sense.

Unfortunately this is compltetely killing my workflow, and I'm at a loss for what to do right now. I could use the track envelopes, but that's very very not ideal for how I work, as I need to have the items visually close to each other to be able to see what I'm doing, drawing direcly on the item is great when it works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is quite time critical atm.
Gurt Tractor is offline   Reply With Quote