Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 06-15-2022, 05:55 PM   #401
4duhwinnn
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbert-vdh View Post
This is a very small bugfix release to fix a (fairly rare)

https://github.com/robbert-vdh/yabri...ases/tag/4.0.1
Hi, have you had a look at the CLAP code? and if so, would a wrapper for that format be easy/difficult/impractical/no-fun-at-all? Your work has been excellent, a wrapper that you create might even be better than some daw$ support efforts!
4duhwinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 06:00 PM   #402
robbert-vdh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4duhwinnn View Post
Hi, have you had a look at the CLAP code? and if so, would a wrapper for that format be easy/difficult/impractical/no-fun-at-all? Your work has been excellent, a wrapper you create might even be better than some daw$ support efforts!
My CLAP/VST3 Rust plugin framework and plugin suite is even linked in the press release on Bitwig's and U-He's website. I've been waiting for some more Windows-only CLAP plugins to come out before doing CLAP bridging with yabridge, but I did see a dev port a big name plugin I own and wouldn't mind using the CLAP version of to CLAP with my very own eyes in a matter of hours. So who knows, maybe that point will come sooner rather than later.
robbert-vdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 09:02 PM   #403
Glennbo

Quote:
Windows-only CLAP plugins
Well that right there makes CLAP completely uninteresting to me.

Might as well be a VST2/VST3 if it's going to be Windows only.

Some of the absolute best plugins I've ever used are 100% native Linux LV2s like the X42 Stereo Limiter.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 12:06 AM   #404
4duhwinnn

Quote:
My CLAP/VST3 Rust plugin framework and plugin suite is even linked in the press release on Bitwig's and U-He's website. I've been waiting for some more Windows-only CLAP plugins to come out before doing CLAP bridging with yabridge, but I did see a dev port a big name plugin I own and wouldn't mind using the CLAP version of to CLAP with my very own eyes in a matter of hours. So who knows, maybe that point will come sooner rather than later.
That's good news! I rely on some windows plugins, and hope to use many more, assuming CLAP will neutralize some issues in those (few) plugins that don't scan or behave correctly. I think it's accurate to say that there has been significant communications between cross-platform devs because of clap, with some unity resulting, and that a typical linux based musician will ultimately benefit more than is currently anticipated. For example, I'll predict that at least 5 quality lv2 synths, when built in clap format, will finally have complete and efficient preset handling, because it's easier to implement in clap, and that will inspire some users to become sound designers, and then as word gets out, reducing the inherant obscurity of being only available as lv2.

I assume that Reaper will have to add clap to it's plugin selection panel's list of formats to sort through, when selecting one to load. Was hoping 6.60 would have that, so maybe 6.61 if we're lucky.
Cheers
Old 06-16-2022, 12:21 AM   #405
chmaha

Quote:
I assume that Reaper will have to add clap to it's plugin selection panel's list of formats to sort through, when selecting one to load. Was hoping 6.60 would have that, so maybe 6.61 if we're lucky.
Cheers
I suspect you will be waiting a little while longer!
Old 06-24-2022, 09:44 AM   #406
alextone

I'm fighting with Orchestools at the moment, and i'm not winning.

On their site, a kind fellow has set up a download for linux plugs. The problem for me is, those plugs don't work. Inside a folder named as "something.vst3" is a conversion to linux as "something.so".

I've tried daws, carla, etc to try and get the .so version working, and have had no luck so far.

I'm asking if anyone has bonafide linux versions of the four orchestral .so files that actually work, or, has anyone got these working using a yabridge conversion/sync? If so, how did you do it?

Alex.

The download link containing plugins only:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vc98gxgw0...PTwVThnOa?dl=0
Old 06-24-2022, 09:55 AM   #407
robbert-vdh

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextone View Post
I'm fighting with Orchestools at the moment, and i'm not winning.

On their site, a kind fellow has set up a download for linux plugs. The problem for me is, those plugs don't work. Inside a folder named as "something.vst3" is a conversion to linux as "something.so".

I've tried daws, carla, etc to try and get the .so version working, and have had no luck so far.

I'm asking if anyone has bonafide linux versions of the four orchestral .so files that actually work, or, has anyone got these working using a yabridge conversion/sync? If so, how did you do it?

Alex.

The download link containing plugins only:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vc98gxgw0...PTwVThnOa?dl=0
Are you saying you downloaded the VST3 plugin (which is a bundle/directory ending with a .vst3 extension), and then moved the shared library file nested within that bundle out of the bundle? That won't work. A VST3 plugin on Linux is the entire .vst3 bundle/directory, and it has a fixed structure. No Linux VST3 host will load just the .so file contained within the bundle. You'll need to tell your host to load the entire .vst3 bundle.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:03 AM   #408
alextone

Quote:
Are you saying you downloaded the VST3 plugin (which is a bundle/directory ending with a .vst3 extension), and then moved the shared library file nested within that bundle out of the bundle? That won't work. A VST3 plugin on Linux is the entire .vst3 bundle/directory, and it has a fixed structure. No Linux VST3 host will load just the .so file contained within the bundle. You'll need to tell your host to load the entire .vst3 bundle.
Ok, thanks for the heads up. However I just tried a bundle directory (OT BRASS.vst3), which i placed in ~/.vst3, and still no luck.

Do I need to install HISE or some sort of VST SDK to make this work?
Old 06-24-2022, 10:27 AM   #409
robbert-vdh

Quote:
Ok, thanks for the heads up. However I just tried a bundle directory (OT BRASS.vst3), which i placed in ~/.vst3, and still no luck.

Do I need to install HISE or some sort of VST SDK to make this work?
I have not tried these, but have you tried the Linux VST2 versions from their website? https://musictop69.wixsite.com/orchestools
Old 06-24-2022, 10:37 AM   #410
alextone

Quote:
I have not tried these, but have you tried the Linux VST2 versions from their website? https://musictop69.wixsite.com/orchestools
Yes, I have the pianos. They're VST2 plugins.

But there's no similar vst2 version for the 4 sections of the orchestral samples.

The Download link I was referring to has someone's efforts to provide linux users with something they could use.
If it doesn't work, well, it doesn't work. The piano is at least something I can add to the many I have now.

Thanks again for the heads up about the VST3 bundles. That's info I can use and keep.
Old 06-24-2022, 11:39 AM   #411
chmaha

Quote:
Yes, I have the pianos. They're VST2 plugins.

But there's no similar vst2 version for the 4 sections of the orchestral samples.

The Download link I was referring to has someone's efforts to provide linux users with something they could use.
If it doesn't work, well, it doesn't work. The piano is at least something I can add to the many I have now.

Thanks again for the heads up about the VST3 bundles. That's info I can use and keep.
Working here:

Download the VST3 and samples then install into your wine folder under the standard VST3 folder. yabridgectl sync and you are away!
Old 06-24-2022, 11:55 AM   #412
alextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethHarmon View Post
Working here:

Download the VST3 and samples then install into your wine folder under the standard VST3 folder. yabridgectl sync and you are away!
Which windows version in wine are you using Beth? (And no, I'm not jealous you got this working, at least not yet. )

Edit: And where are you stashing the samples? In Wine or just a linux folder somewhere?

Edit2: I'm getting a wine exception error every time i try to install the samples from the plugin interface. I have a feeling this is going to take me a while.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm further along than i was before.

Last edited by alextone; 06-24-2022 at 12:01 PM.
alextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 12:26 PM   #413
chmaha

Quote:
Which windows version in wine are you using Beth? (And no, I'm not jealous you got this working, at least not yet. )

Edit: And where are you stashing the samples? In Wine or just a linux folder somewhere?

Edit2: I'm getting a wine exception error every time i try to install the samples from the plugin interface. I have a feeling this is going to take me a while.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm further along than i was before.
I'm using Windows 7 as the version.

I extracted the hr1 file to my downloads folder then installed it via the plugin to some default in my wine prefix.
Old 06-27-2022, 07:21 AM   #414
robbert-vdh

Default [ANN] yabridge 4.0.2

This is another tiny bugfix release. There's nothing too exciting in here other than yabridgectl sync now being slightly more robust to rare anomalous edge cases. But it seemed good idea to just get these changes out there now rather than in a couple of weeks.

The changelog for this release can be found here:

https://github.com/robbert-vdh/yabri...ases/tag/4.0.2
Old 06-28-2022, 05:16 PM   #415
4duhwinnn

Hi, a few plugins that worked before now fail in 4.02, and the terminal error output ends with a question, "Is this a text?" ProteusVX is the one I use a lot that's affected.

I rebooted and ran yabridgectl sync again, same result. This is in
AVLinux ahs, wine-staging 7.11 and Reaper 6.61
Cheers
Old 06-28-2022, 05:34 PM   #416
robbert-vdh

Quote:
Hi, a few plugins that worked before now fail in 4.02, and the terminal error output ends with a question, "Is this a text?" ProteusVX is the one I use a lot that's affected.

I rebooted and ran yabridgectl sync again, same result. This is in
AVLinux ahs, wine-staging 7.11 and Reaper 6.61
Cheers
Check the file it's warning you about. I can assure you that the file is not a plugin file. Proteus VX (from https://web.archive.org/web/20130317...emu/proteusvx/) doesn't contain any invalid .dll files and scans and works just fine.
Old 06-29-2022, 11:12 PM   #417
4duhwinnn

Here's the terminal output from a fresh-boot run of yabridgectl sync:

/home/me/.local/share/yabridge/libyabridge-chainloader-vst2.so
/home/me/.local/share/yabridge/libyabridge-chainloader-vst3.so

WARNING: Skipping file during scan: Failed to parse with both winedump and goblin: Could not read file '/home/me/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/VstPlugins/ProteusVX.dll': Winedump output did not contain a 'Machine:' line. Is a text file?

WARNING: Skipping file during scan: Failed to parse with both winedump and goblin: Could not read file '/home/me/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/VstPlugins/PRIZM.dll': Winedump output did not contain a 'Machine:' line. Is a text file?

347 other plugins scanned correctly. Adding ProteusVX to a new Reaper 6.61 session crashes Reaper, and locks up my AVLinux AHS so hard, had to ctrl-alt-F5 to reboot. ProteusVX has worked fine for years.

Wine-staging 7.11 is installed. No problems with the other plugins.
Cheers
Old 06-30-2022, 03:56 AM   #418
robbert-vdh

Quote:
Here's the terminal output from a fresh-boot run of yabridgectl sync:

/home/me/.local/share/yabridge/libyabridge-chainloader-vst2.so
/home/me/.local/share/yabridge/libyabridge-chainloader-vst3.so

WARNING: Skipping file during scan: Failed to parse with both winedump and goblin: Could not read file '/home/me/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/VstPlugins/ProteusVX.dll': Winedump output did not contain a 'Machine:' line. Is a text file?

WARNING: Skipping file during scan: Failed to parse with both winedump and goblin: Could not read file '/home/me/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/VstPlugins/PRIZM.dll': Winedump output did not contain a 'Machine:' line. Is a text file?

347 other plugins scanned correctly. Adding ProteusVX to a new Reaper 6.61 session crashes Reaper, and locks up my AVLinux AHS so hard, had to ctrl-alt-F5 to reboot. ProteusVX has worked fine for years.

Wine-staging 7.11 is installed. No problems with the other plugins.
Cheers
Can you run the following commands for me in a terminal and post the output?

Code:
file "/home/me/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/VstPlugins/ProteusVX.dll"
file "/home/me/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/VstPlugins/PRIZM.dll"
winedump "/home/me/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/VstPlugins/ProteusVX.dll"
winedump "/home/me/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/VstPlugins/PRIZM.dll"
Old 06-30-2022, 01:25 PM   #419
4duhwinnn

Did some checking, and found that

1. In AVLinux AHS, with 4.02, ProteusVX works in the windows Reaper from the same .wine where loading it crashes linux reaper 6.61

2. In the same AVLinux AHS with 4.02, the ProteusVX works in linux
Reaper 5.987

3. ProteusVX works in Ubuntu Studio 20.04 (kept up-to-date), with a V3.52 yabridge and linux Reaper 6.61

Here's the terminal output:

$ file "/home/me/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/VstPlugins/ProteusVX.dll"
/home/me/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/VstPlugins/ProteusVX.dll: broken symbolic link to ProteusVX.dll

$ winedump "/home/me/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/VstPlugins/ProteusVX.dll"
Cannot read file: Too many levels of symbolic links

---------------------
There was only one link from the ProteusVX.dll in the Creative Labs folder, to Program Files/Vstplugins.
I deleted that, reran yabridgectl sync, did a clear-cache rescan in Reaper,
and loading ProteusVX still crashed Reaper and tied up the open gui windows.

Weirdness on the hoof! Thanks for your best-of-class support! If you're busy
with more important things, no problem, as I have multiple access to the VX
as desired.
Cheers
Old 06-30-2022, 01:30 PM   #420
robbert-vdh

Quote:
$ file "/home/me/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/VstPlugins/ProteusVX.dll"
/home/me/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/VstPlugins/ProteusVX.dll: broken symbolic link to ProteusVX.dll

$ winedump "/home/me/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/VstPlugins/ProteusVX.dll"
Cannot read file: Too many levels of symbolic links
That file is a symlink to itself, which of course won't work. You'll need to remove it, and then reinstall ProteusVX.
Old 06-30-2022, 01:57 PM   #421
4duhwinnn

That makes no sense, my ProteusVX.dll is 13.7 meg, it works in the windows reaper, the only link was just deleted, the YB sync was run again, linux reaper had it's cache cleared and rescanned...somethings wrong with this picture (as seen in non-coder eyes )
Old 07-02-2022, 08:56 PM   #422
4duhwinnn

Got the Proteus VX working again, removed it's sundry folders and copied over
the ones from a Bodhi Linux partition, a poorman's reinstall reinstalled 4.02 for luck, ran the sync, and a clear-cache-rescan, and Proteus was back in action. I also found other plugins to tinker with. Alchemy Player CM, and Cakewalk z3ta+ 1.5 both presented some bazaar path requirements upon loading, but got them working finally, needed some weird file duplicates in seemingly unrelated locations, but small file sizes, and great fun to use despite the messy underpinnings.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Old 07-03-2022, 10:33 AM   #423
foxAsteria

Default Warning: Softube has RAM issues with new Wine versions

Hi, just wanted to mention that in the latest version of wine-staging (currently 7-11), loading a Softube UI causes rapid RAM munch until the system freezes after. I went back to 7.3 because it worked in the past and still does.

Pardon me if this isn't entirely OT...
Old 07-07-2022, 10:57 AM   #424
Glennbo

Quote:
This is a very small bugfix release to fix a (fairly rare) regression in yabridgectl's VST3 setup behavior from yabridge 4.0.0. The update also 'fixes' an issue with very recent Arturia VST3 plugins crashing during plugin scans in REAPER and Ardour. I wasn't able to reproduce these crashes up until now using the demo versions of the plugins, but I grabbed the currently free Analog Lab Intro version yesterday and was finally able to reproduce the issue. As I already expected, the plugin would try to use globals without checking whether those globals were initialized, right after the plugin deinitialized those globals. Preventing that allows the plugin scan to succeed again.

If you missed it, then you you may want to check out the above. The the full changelog for this release can be found here:

https://github.com/robbert-vdh/yabri...ases/tag/4.0.1
Hey Robbert, I just installed the latest Yabridge from the Manjaro repository to see if I could fix the crashing issue, but I am still seeing it crash when attempting to load any sample set in Kontakt.

Also, you might remember that I've mentioned that my .wine folder was setup 4 years ago when the general consensus was to go 32 bit.

I switched back and forth between the latest version of Yabridge and LinVST, but only Yabridge produces this crash when trying to load samples in Kontakt.

Edit: I should also mention that I can load Kontakt and no crash happens, but when I load a sample set, like the Cello in my screen shot, it loads the sample set and then crashes with the error. If I load a project with Kontakt, the samples load and play, but if I try to load any samples through Kontakt's file browsing dialog, Yabridge will crash.

Last edited by Glennbo; 08-14-2022 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-07-2022, 11:24 AM   #425
robbert-vdh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
Hey Robbert, I just installed the latest Yabridge from the Manjaro repository to see if I could fix the crashing issue, but I am still seeing it crash when attempting to load any sample set in Kontakt.

<snip>

Also, you might remember that I've mentioned that my .wine folder was setup 4 years ago when the general consensus was to go 32 bit.

I switched back and forth between the latest version of Yabridge and LinVST, but only Yabridge produces this crash when trying to load samples in Kontakt.

Edit: I should also mention that I can load Kontakt and no crash happens, but when I load a sample set, like the Cello in my screen shot, it loads the sample set and then crashes with the error. If I load a project with Kontakt, the samples load and play, but if I try to load any samples through Kontakt's file browsing dialog, Yabridge will crash.
Can you get me a debug log? See here for instructions: https://github.com/robbert-vdh/yabri...tion-debug-log
If it doesn't happen under LinVst, then presumably the plugin makes some callback that LinVst just ignores. If that does ends up being the case, then there's probably no way to fix it in yabridge without breaking yabridge/making yabridge less correct, but maybe it's something else.
Old 07-07-2022, 02:11 PM   #426
Glennbo

Quote:
Can you get me a debug log? See here for instructions: https://github.com/robbert-vdh/yabri...tion-debug-log
If it doesn't happen under LinVst, then presumably the plugin makes some callback that LinVst just ignores. If that does ends up being the case, then there's probably no way to fix it in yabridge without breaking yabridge/making yabridge less correct, but maybe it's something else.
Kontakt has worked on my system with Yabridge for over a year, and just since this last update to WINE and Yabridge did it start having this problem.

Also, it turns out that Kontakt with Yabridge crashes even if I don't try to load a sample set. I wasn't giving it enough time and had always been trying to load something, but in this last round of testing, I became aware that just loading Kontakt and waiting about 7-10 seconds, it will crash without trying to load any samples.

Last edited by Glennbo; 07-07-2022 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-07-2022, 03:24 PM   #427
robbert-vdh

Quote:
Kontakt has worked on my system with Yabridge for over a year, and just since this last update to WINE and Yabridge did it start having this problem.

I attached a log here.

https://forum.cockos.com/attachment....1&d=1657227987

Also, it turns out that Kontakt with Yabridge crashes even if I don't try to load a sample set. I wasn't giving it enough time and had always been trying to load something, but in this last round of testing, I became aware that just loading Kontakt and waiting about 7-10 seconds, it will crash without trying to load any samples.
I just spent half an hour trying to install Native Access in a clean prefix so I can install the 32-bit version of Kontakt there without breaking anything else, but apparently they've replaced Native Access with a Native Access 2 that uses Electron, PowerShell, and this new NTKDaemon.exe startup service that just doesn't work, so I wasn't able to install Kontakt myself. So debugging this is going to be a bit difficult.
  • Does this happen for every 32-bit VST2 plugin?
  • What version of Kontakt is this?
  • Have you tried downgrading to Wine Staging 7.9? Just naming a random Wine version I know that should not have any weird issues. You can do that by installing the downgrade utility and then running `sudo env DOWNGRADE_FROM_ALA=1 downgrade wine-staging`.
  • There are no symbols at all in the crash log, could you try maybe try the build from GitHub to see if that gives more information? You can install that by installing yabridge-bin from the AUR. Don't need to do anything with yabridgectl after that because of yabridge 4.0's whole chainloading thing. If you can get me a new log with the command below, then that would be great!

Code:
rm -f /tmp/yabridge.log; env YABRIDGE_DEBUG_FILE=/tmp/yabridge.log YABRIDGE_DEBUG_LEVEL=1+editor reaper
Old 07-07-2022, 04:42 PM   #428
Glennbo

Quote:
I just spent half an hour trying to install Native Access in a clean prefix so I can install the 32-bit version of Kontakt there without breaking anything else, but apparently they've replaced Native Access with a Native Access 2 that uses Electron, PowerShell, and this new NTKDaemon.exe startup service that just doesn't work, so I wasn't able to install Kontakt myself. So debugging this is going to be a bit difficult.
  • Does this happen for every 32-bit VST2 plugin?
  • What version of Kontakt is this?
  • Have you tried downgrading to Wine Staging 7.9? Just naming a random Wine version I know that should not have any weird issues. You can do that by installing the downgrade utility and then running `sudo env DOWNGRADE_FROM_ALA=1 downgrade wine-staging`.
  • There are no symbols at all in the crash log, could you try maybe try the build from GitHub to see if that gives more information? You can install that by installing yabridge-bin from the AUR. Don't need to do anything with yabridgectl after that because of yabridge 4.0's whole chainloading thing. If you can get me a new log with the command below, then that would be great!

Code:
rm -f /tmp/yabridge.log; env YABRIDGE_DEBUG_FILE=/tmp/yabridge.log YABRIDGE_DEBUG_LEVEL=1+editor reaper
I'm no longer seeing the error message, and now REAPER just vaporizes if I load Kontakt or Proteus VX. Other plugins such as Superior Drummer 2, EZ-Drummer 1, EZ-Keys, and Arturia Minimoog all load and behave normally, but both Kontakt and Proteus VX vaporize REAPER, and both do load and function normally with LinVST.

I'm in the middle of a project, so I don't want to mess with changing anything in WINE, which is version wine-7.11 (Staging).

Last edited by Glennbo; 07-07-2022 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-07-2022, 05:05 PM   #429
robbert-vdh

Quote:
Here's a new log using the above command.

https://forum.cockos.com/attachment....1&d=1657236392

I'm no longer seeing the error message, and now REAPER just vaporizes if I load Kontakt or Proteus VX. Other plugins such as Superior Drummer 2, EZ-Drummer 1, EZ-Keys, and Arturia Minimoog all load and behave normally, but both Kontakt and Proteus VX vaporize REAPER, and both do load and function normally with LinVST.

I'm in the middle of a project, so I don't want to mess with changing anything in WINE, which is version wine-7.11 (Staging).
Sadly, there's no additional information at all in that log. But the interesting part is that in both cases there's this `free(): invalid pointer` thing exactly five seconds after the plugin has loaded. No idea why that would cause any issues like that, but a shot in the dark, you can try running REAPER with `env YABRIDGE_NO_WATCHDOG=1 reaper`. The only places in yabridge where it does anything with five second intervals are the initial watchdog timer check, drag-and-drop timeouts (which isn't active here), and group host shutdown timeouts (which also isn't relevant here).

And you said ProteusVX also crashed in a similar way? See if Wine's outout there also contains that 'free(): invalid pointer` message. I'd say there's a good chance it's something to do with your Wine prefix if that's the case. This is ProteusVX in a clean 32-bit only prefix (WINEARCH=win32) with Wine Staging 7.11 from the repos. That should be exactly the same as what you're using:

Old 07-07-2022, 05:08 PM   #430
foxAsteria

Quote:
You can still troubleshoot wine with another prefix. I've got Reaper pulling vst locations from 5 or six different prefixes and it's not a problem. But I'll bet your problem is with wine and not yabridge.

I went back to wine-staging 7.3 and everything works fine again. New yabridge is running great for my 1000+ windows plugins and performance increased noticeably. Bottles is a handy app for testing different wine configs, isolated from one another.
Old 07-07-2022, 05:44 PM   #431
Glennbo

Quote:
you can try running REAPER with `env YABRIDGE_NO_WATCHDOG=1 reaper`.
Kontakt works if I startup REAPER with that command. Proteus still vaporizes REAPER though. This was the last stuff in the terminal window after I tried loading Proteus VX.

19:37:39 [Kontakt 5 8out-CDIRhknr] [Wine STDERR] 011c:fixme:shell:IDropTargetHelper_fnShow (0E0DF5F0)->(1)
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::system_error'
what(): read: End of file

My WINE prefix has not changed in four plus years, and all the plugins have worked in Yabridge for more than a year. It was the last update from the Manjaro repository where I got both a newer copy of Yabridge, and a newer copy of WINE that I first saw any problem. If I switch back to LinVST both Kontakt and Proteus VX work normally, like they have for years using Yabridge.
Old 07-07-2022, 05:51 PM   #432
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
You can still troubleshoot wine with another prefix. I've got Reaper pulling vst locations from 5 or six different prefixes and it's not a problem. But I'll bet your problem is with wine and not yabridge.

I went back to wine-staging 7.3 and everything works fine again. New yabridge is running great for my 1000+ windows plugins and performance increased noticeably. Bottles is a handy app for testing different wine configs, isolated from one another.
What I specifically don't want to do is install Kontakt, Superior Drummer, EZ-Drummer, EZ-Keys, and some others that have online licensing that could get hosed while I am experimenting.

I've used the same .wine folder with almost zero problems for more than four years, and through two different distros and two different computers. It's all working as expected with LinVST, and I'm in the middle of a project that has both Kontakt and Guitar Rig, so that's what I'm using for now.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:39 PM   #433
fabio77

Hi robert,

I just updated to yabridge 4.0 and on my first yabridgectl sync command I got this output:

Code:
yabridgectl sync
Setting up VST2 and VST3 plugins using:
- /home/fabio/.local/share/yabridge/libyabridge-chainloader-vst2.so
- /home/fabio/.local/share/yabridge/libyabridge-chainloader-vst3.so

Error: Error creating directories for '/home/fabio/.vst3/yabridge/sforzando.vst3/Contents/x86_64-win/sforzando.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux'

Caused by:
    Not a directory (os error 20)
fabio77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 04:39 AM   #434
robbert-vdh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio77 View Post
Hi robert,

I just updated to yabridge 4.0 and on my first yabridgectl sync command I got this output:

Code:
yabridgectl sync
Setting up VST2 and VST3 plugins using:
- /home/fabio/.local/share/yabridge/libyabridge-chainloader-vst2.so
- /home/fabio/.local/share/yabridge/libyabridge-chainloader-vst3.so

Error: Error creating directories for '/home/fabio/.vst3/yabridge/sforzando.vst3/Contents/x86_64-win/sforzando.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux'

Caused by:
    Not a directory (os error 20)
That sounds like you're using yabridge 4.0.0. Try upgrading to 4.0.2.
Old 07-08-2022, 04:47 AM   #435
robbert-vdh

Quote:
Kontakt works if I startup REAPER with that command. Proteus still vaporizes REAPER though. This was the last stuff in the terminal window after I tried loading Proteus VX.

19:37:39 [Kontakt 5 8out-CDIRhknr] [Wine STDERR] 011c:fixme:shell:IDropTargetHelper_fnShow (0E0DF5F0)->(1)
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::system_error'
what(): read: End of file

My WINE prefix has not changed in four plus years, and all the plugins have worked in Yabridge for more than a year. It was the last update from the Manjaro repository where I got both a newer copy of Yabridge, and a newer copy of WINE that I first saw any problem. If I switch back to LinVST both Kontakt and Proteus VX work normally, like they have for years using Yabridge.
Hmm that's all very strange. The only reasonable explanation I can come up with here is that either Wine, your Kontakt version, or one of the libraries you have loaded is causing memory corruption. And this just happens to cause this 'free(): invalid pointer' error when all stars align in the wrong way. That would also explain why the backtrace seems to only contain garbage information.

If it's really your Wine prefix that needs an exorcist, that might also explain why ProteusVX crashes for you. As you can see, it works flawlessly with Wine Staging 7.12 in both normal and 32-bit only prefixes. If you can get me a debug log from ProteusVX with the below command (where ~/.vst/yabridge/ProteusVX.so is the path to ProteusVX.so) then maybe I can tell you something there, but I'm afraid short of recreating your Wine prefix weird problems will just keep on appearing if it's truly a memory corruption issue.

Code:
env YABRIDGE_DEBUG_LEVEL=1+editor carla-single vst2 ~/.vst/yabridge/ProteusVX.so 2>&1 | tee /tmp/yabridge.log
Old 07-08-2022, 07:01 AM   #436
fabio77

Quote:
That sounds like you're using yabridge 4.0.0. Try upgrading to 4.0.2.
That was right Thank you!
Old 07-08-2022, 09:33 AM   #437
Glennbo

Quote:
Hmm that's all very strange. The only reasonable explanation I can come up with here is that either Wine, your Kontakt version, or one of the libraries you have loaded is causing memory corruption. And this just happens to cause this 'free(): invalid pointer' error when all stars align in the wrong way. That would also explain why the backtrace seems to only contain garbage information.

If it's really your Wine prefix that needs an exorcist, that might also explain why ProteusVX crashes for you. As you can see, it works flawlessly with Wine Staging 7.12 in both normal and 32-bit only prefixes. If you can get me a debug log from ProteusVX with the below command (where ~/.vst/yabridge/ProteusVX.so is the path to ProteusVX.so) then maybe I can tell you something there, but I'm afraid short of recreating your Wine prefix weird problems will just keep on appearing if it's truly a memory corruption issue.

Code:
env YABRIDGE_DEBUG_LEVEL=1+editor carla-single vst2 ~/.vst/yabridge/ProteusVX.so 2>&1 | tee /tmp/yabridge.log
I appreciate the debugging tips, but I think I'm going to stop messing with it. After the last tests yesterday, when I switched back to LinVST, Proteus VX GUI was hosed. A rescan in LinVST finally fixed it, but introducing new issues is something I want to avoid, because it is all working with LinVST, exactly as it had worked with Yabridge up until a week or so ago.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:49 AM   #438
fabio77

Hi Robert,

I have an issue with one plugin now. Addictive Keys now doesn't want so load anymore.

I already deleted the .so files and repeated the yabridgectl sync. I ran the .exe in wine to udpate the cloud installer and then again deleted the .so and resynced. But in reaper the plugin doesn't want to load and is listed under: "Plugings that failed to load"

rm -f /tmp/yabridge.log; env YABRIDGE_DEBUG_FILE=/tmp/yabridge.log YABRIDGE_DEBUG_LEVEL=2+editor reaper

Code:
19:39:45 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] Initializing yabridge version 4.0.2
19:39:45 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] library:       '/home/fabio/.local/share/yabridge/libyabridge-vst2.so'
19:39:45 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] host:          '/home/fabio/.local/share/yabridge/yabridge-host.exe'
19:39:45 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] plugin:        '/home/fabio/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Steinberg/VstPlugins/Addictive Keys.dll'
19:39:45 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] plugin type:   'VST2'
19:39:45 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] realtime:      'yes'
19:39:45 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] sockets:       '/run/user/1000/yabridge-Addictive Keys-568FRmns'
19:39:45 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] wine prefix:   '/home/fabio/.wine'
19:39:45 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] wine version:  '7.12 (Staging)'
19:39:45 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] 
19:39:45 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] config from:   '<defaults>'
19:39:45 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] hosting mode:  'individually, 64-bit'
19:39:45 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] other options: '<none>'
19:39:45 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] Enabled features:
19:39:45 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] - bitbridge support
19:39:45 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] - VST3 support
19:39:45 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 002c:fixme:winediag:LdrInitializeThunk wine-staging 7.12 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
19:39:45 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 002c:fixme:winediag:LdrInitializeThunk Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
19:39:48 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0068:err:ole:start_rpcss Failed to start RpcSs service
19:39:52 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] Initializing yabridge host version 4.0.2
19:39:52 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] Preparing to load VST2 plugin at '/home/fabio/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Steinberg/VstPlugins/Addictive Keys.dll'
19:39:52 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] >> audioMasterCallback() audioMasterVersion(index = 0, value = 0, option = 0, data = nullptr)
19:39:52 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns]    audioMasterCallback() :: 2400
19:39:52 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0110:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
19:39:52 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0110:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer unsupported flags
19:39:52 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0110:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_SetBlanket 0000000004AFFE40, 0000000002239070, 10, 0, (null), 3, 3, 0000000000000000, 0
19:39:52 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0110:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_Release 0000000004AFFE40
19:39:52 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0110:fixme:wbemprox:exec_assoc_view ignoring keywords
19:39:52 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0058:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled
19:39:52 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0058:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled
19:39:52 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\Z:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
19:39:52 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\Z:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
19:39:52 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0110:fixme:wbemprox:exec_assoc_view ignoring keywords
19:39:52 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0058:fixme:mountmgr:query_property Faking StorageDeviceProperty data
19:39:52 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0058:fixme:mountmgr:query_property Faking StorageDeviceProperty data
19:39:52 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0120:fixme:kernelbase:AppPolicyGetThreadInitializationType FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFA, 00000000066AFE10
19:39:52 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0110:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer unsupported flags
19:39:52 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0110:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_SetBlanket 0000000004AFFE40, 0000000002239070, 10, 0, (null), 3, 3, 0000000000000000, 0
19:39:52 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0110:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_Release 0000000004AFFE40
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0058:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\Z:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\Z:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0110:fixme:wbemprox:exec_assoc_view ignoring keywords
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0058:fixme:mountmgr:query_property Faking StorageDeviceProperty data
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0058:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0058:fixme:mountmgr:query_property Faking StorageDeviceProperty data
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0110:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer unsupported flags
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0110:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_SetBlanket 0000000004AFFE40, 0000000002239070, 10, 0, (null), 3, 3, 0000000000000000, 0
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0110:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_Release 0000000004AFFE40
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0110:fixme:wbemprox:exec_assoc_view ignoring keywords
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0110:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0134:fixme:win:RegisterTouchWindow (000000000001007C 00000000): stub
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0134:fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilterEx 000000000001007C 233 1 0000000000000000
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0134:fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilterEx 000000000001007C 4a 1 0000000000000000
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0134:fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilterEx 000000000001007C 49 1 0000000000000000
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0134:fixme:win:RegisterTouchWindow (000000000002007C 00000000): stub
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0134:fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilterEx 000000000002007C 233 1 0000000000000000
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0134:fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilterEx 000000000002007C 4a 1 0000000000000000
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0134:fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilterEx 000000000002007C 49 1 0000000000000000
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0134:fixme:win:RegisterTouchWindow (000000000003007C 00000000): stub
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0134:fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilterEx 000000000003007C 233 1 0000000000000000
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0134:fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilterEx 000000000003007C 4a 1 0000000000000000
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0134:fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilterEx 000000000003007C 49 1 0000000000000000
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0134:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (000000000011D8A0 0000000000000000): stub
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0134:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0134:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer unsupported flags
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0134:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_SetBlanket 00000000042CFE40, 00000000029624B0, 10, 0, (null), 3, 3, 0000000000000000, 0
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0134:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_Release 00000000042CFE40
19:39:53 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0134:fixme:wbemprox:exec_assoc_view ignoring keywords
19:39:54 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0058:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled
19:39:54 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\Z:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
19:39:54 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\Z:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
19:39:54 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0134:fixme:wbemprox:exec_assoc_view ignoring keywords
19:39:54 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0058:fixme:mountmgr:query_property Faking StorageDeviceProperty data
19:39:54 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0058:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled
19:39:54 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0058:fixme:mountmgr:query_property Faking StorageDeviceProperty data
19:39:55 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0110:fixme:file:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
19:39:55 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] >> dispatch() effOpen(index = 0, value = 0, option = 0, data = nullptr)
19:39:55 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] Finished initializing '/home/fabio/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Steinberg/VstPlugins/Addictive Keys.dll'
19:39:55 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns]    dispatch() :: 0, <AEffect object>
19:39:55 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] >> dispatch() effGetPlugCategory(index = 0, value = 0, option = 0, data = nullptr)
19:39:55 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns]    dispatch() :: 2
19:39:55 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] >> dispatch() effGetVendorString(index = 0, value = 0, option = 0, data = <writable_string>)
19:39:55 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns]    dispatch() :: 1, "XLN Audio"
19:39:55 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] >> dispatch() effGetEffectName(index = 0, value = 0, option = 0, data = <writable_string>)
19:39:55 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns]    dispatch() :: 1, "Addictive Keys"
19:39:55 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] >> dispatch() effClose(index = 0, value = 0, option = 0, data = nullptr)
19:39:55 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0148:err:winediag:ntlm_check_version ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
19:39:55 [Addictive Keys-568FRmns] [Wine STDERR] 0148:err:ntlm:ntlm_LsaApInitializePackage no NTLM support, expect problems
19:39:58 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] Initializing yabridge version 4.0.2
19:39:58 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] library:       '/home/fabio/.local/share/yabridge/libyabridge-vst3.so'
19:39:58 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] host:          '/home/fabio/.local/share/yabridge/yabridge-host.exe'
19:39:58 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] plugin:        '/home/fabio/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Common Files/VST3/Addictive Keys.vst3'
19:39:58 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] plugin type:   'VST3'
19:39:58 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] realtime:      'yes'
19:39:58 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] sockets:       '/run/user/1000/yabridge-Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy'
19:39:58 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] wine prefix:   '/home/fabio/.wine'
19:39:58 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] wine version:  '7.12 (Staging)'
19:39:58 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] 
19:39:58 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] config from:   '<defaults>'
19:39:58 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] hosting mode:  'individually, 64-bit'
19:39:58 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] other options: '<none>'
19:39:58 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] Enabled features:
19:39:58 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] - bitbridge support
19:39:58 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] - VST3 support
19:39:58 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] Initializing yabridge host version 4.0.2
19:39:58 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] Preparing to load VST3 plugin at '/home/fabio/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Common Files/VST3/Addictive Keys.vst3'
19:39:59 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [host -> vst] >> GetPluginFactory()
19:39:59 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [vst -> host] >> Requesting <Configuration>
19:39:59 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [vst <- host]    <Configuration>
19:39:59 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] Finished initializing '/home/fabio/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Common Files/VST3/Addictive Keys.vst3'
19:39:59 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [host <- vst]    <IPluginFactory3* with 2 registered classes>
19:39:59 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [query interface] In IPluginFactory::queryInterface(): {0x0007B650, 0xF24B4C0B, 0xA464EDB9, 0xF00B2ABB}
19:39:59 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [host -> vst] >> IPluginFactory::createInstance(cid = {0xABCDEF01, 0x9182FAEB, 0x786C6E41, 0x7861414B}, _iid = IComponent::iid, &obj)
19:39:59 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] 0170:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
19:39:59 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] 0170:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer unsupported flags
19:39:59 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] 0170:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_SetBlanket 00000000050FFE40, 0000000002239060, 10, 0, (null), 3, 3, 0000000000000000, 0
19:39:59 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] 0170:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_Release 00000000050FFE40
19:39:59 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] 0170:fixme:wbemprox:exec_assoc_view ignoring keywords
19:39:59 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\Z:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
19:39:59 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\Z:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
19:39:59 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] 0170:fixme:wbemprox:exec_assoc_view ignoring keywords
19:39:59 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] 0190:fixme:kernelbase:AppPolicyGetThreadInitializationType FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFA, 0000000006EAFE10
19:39:59 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] 0170:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer unsupported flags
19:39:59 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] 0170:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_SetBlanket 00000000050FFE40, 0000000002239060, 10, 0, (null), 3, 3, 0000000000000000, 0
19:39:59 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] 0170:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_Release 00000000050FFE40
19:40:00 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\Z:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
19:40:00 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\Z:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
19:40:00 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] 0170:fixme:wbemprox:exec_assoc_view ignoring keywords
19:40:00 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] 0170:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
19:40:01 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] 0170:fixme:file:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
19:40:01 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] 01a8:err:winediag:ntlm_check_version ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
19:40:01 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] 01a8:err:ntlm:ntlm_LsaApInitializePackage no NTLM support, expect problems
19:40:01 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [host <- vst]    <FUnknown* #0>
19:40:01 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [host -> vst] >> 0: IPluginBase::initialize(context = <FUnknown*>)
19:40:01 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [Wine STDERR] [query interface] In FUnknown::queryInterface(): {0x58E595CC, 0xDB2D4969, 0x8B6AAF8C, 0x36A664E5}
19:40:01 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [host <- vst]    kResultOk
19:40:01 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [host -> vst] >> 0: IComponent::getBusCount(type = 0, dir = 0)
19:40:01 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [host <- vst]    0
19:40:01 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [host -> vst] >> 0: IComponent::getBusCount(type = 0, dir = 1)
19:40:01 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [host <- vst]    1
19:40:01 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [host -> vst] >> 0: IComponent::getBusInfo(type = 0, dir = 1, index = 0, &bus)
19:40:01 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [host <- vst]    kResultOk, <BusInfo for "Master" with 2 channels, type = 0, flags = 1>
19:40:01 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [host -> vst] >> 0: IPluginBase::terminate()
19:40:01 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [host <- vst]    kResultOk
19:40:01 [Addictive Keys-BKTXehpy] [host -> vst] >> 0: FUnknown::~FUnknown()
EDIT: System is Ubuntu 20.04
Old 07-08-2022, 05:44 PM   #439
robbert-vdh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio77 View Post
Hi Robert,

I have an issue with one plugin now. Addictive Keys now doesn't want so load anymore.

I already deleted the .so files and repeated the yabridgectl sync. I ran the .exe in wine to udpate the cloud installer and then again deleted the .so and resynced. But in reaper the plugin doesn't want to load and is listed under: "Plugings that failed to load"

rm -f /tmp/yabridge.log; env YABRIDGE_DEBUG_FILE=/tmp/yabridge.log YABRIDGE_DEBUG_LEVEL=2+editor reaper

<snip>
There are no plugin or yabridge errors there, but the `0148:err:ntlm:ntlm_LsaApInitializePackage no NTLM support, expect problems` sounds kind of suspect.'. Try downgrading to Wine Staging 7.11 (there are some internet issues With Wine 7.11) and installing the winbind package on Ubuntu.
Old 07-08-2022, 06:11 PM   #440
fabio77

Did I made a mistake?

Code:
fabio@UbuntuTower~$ version=7.11
fabio@UbuntuTower~$ variant=staging
fabio@UbuntuTower~$ codename=$(shopt -s nullglob; awk '/^deb https:\/\/dl\.winehq\.org/ { print $3; exit }' /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*.list)
fabio@UbuntuTower~$ suffix=$(dpkg --compare-versions "$version" ge 7.1 && ((dpkg --compare-versions "$version" ge 7.12 && echo "-2") || echo "-1"))
fabio@UbuntuTower~$ sudo apt install --install-recommends {"winehq-$variant","wine-$variant","wine-$variant-amd64","wine-$variant-i386"}="$version~$codename$suffix"
[sudo] Passwort für fabio: 
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.       
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
E: Version »7.11~-1« für »winehq-staging« konnte nicht gefunden werden.
E: Version »7.11~-1« für »wine-staging« konnte nicht gefunden werden.
E: Version »7.11~-1« für »wine-staging-amd64« konnte nicht gefunden werden.
E: Version »7.11~-1« für »wine-staging-i386:i386« konnte nicht gefunden werden.
fabio@UbuntuTower~$ wine --version
wine-7.12 (Staging)