Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 05-10-2010, 06:10 PM   #161
mrelwood
Human being with feelings

Included Liteon JS (surprised they are included):
- butterworth24db, cherby24db, (Frequency works backwards, in HP the slope is about 2db/oct, not 24)
- deesser (F works backwards, from 19KHz to 22KHz only)
- moog24db (in HP the slope is about 2, not 24)
- presenceeq, shelvingfilter (outputs only 6165dB, BEWARE!)

SimpleColourOrgan (PPC bridged) (shows as VST although is a VSTi)
http://www.niallmoody.com/ndcplugs/s...olourorgan.htm

TriTone Digital - ColorTone FREE
(Not available anymore, PM me)

Edit: More:
Crazy Diamonds (VSTi organ)
http://www.music-boss.com/freeware_p...y_diamonds.htm

dmiFlute
http://dmi.smartelectronix.com/flute.html

Last edited by mrelwood; 05-10-2010 at 06:51 PM.
mrelwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:39 AM   #162
jayendra

Kontakt - latest beta

Can't scroll the instruments window with a macbook trackpad.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #163
markuc

Default Korg Legacy M1 ...

I made upgrade to 3.52 and M1 from Korg Legacy Digital crashes every time, when I change a patch ... AUi as well as VSTi ...
markuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:21 PM   #164
liteon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelwood View Post
Included Liteon JS (surprised they are included):
- butterworth24db, cherby24db, (Frequency works backwards, in HP the slope is about 2db/oct, not 24)
- deesser (F works backwards, from 19KHz to 22KHz only)
- moog24db (in HP the slope is about 2, not 24)
- presenceeq, shelvingfilter (outputs only 6165dB, BEWARE!)
i saw this just yesterday and there are also previous reports of similar issues.

the osx folks can try with !caution! or avoid the following fx:

- presenceeq
- shelvingfilter
- pinknoisegen

but the same plugins work on windows with different sound cards and sample rates and so on...more info here:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=58688

edit:^ should be fixed in 3.62

--

Last edited by liteon; 06-23-2010 at 09:56 AM.
liteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:33 AM   #165
mio*star

Default DDMF LP10 not latency compensated ?

DDMF LP10 is my go-to EQ but I got sync problems when using it.
Is PDC properly working in Reaper for this one ?

(by the way, I have no such problems with other DDMF EQs).

Thanks for your help !
Old 06-02-2010, 03:45 AM   #166
vanderlugt

Default AlphaCM not working

Hi

I'm trying to follow a tutorial in Computer Magazine on iMac (Snow Leopard)and my Reaper demo crashes when I try to load AlphaCM. I'm so tired of the sound problems I've had since upgrading to Snow leopard...
vanderlugt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #167
Basso

I have MAC OS X 10.6.4 - 2.53GHz intel Core 2 Duo w/ 8GB RAM running Reaper v3.63

I cannot get the Fre(a)koscope by Smartelectronix to work at all - the GUI floats all buggy like - also I cannot get either version of the
s(M)exoscope by Bram for Smartelectronix to even be seen in Reaper - that is I have installed both the AU and VST versions and neither even come up in reaper VST list.

The fish fillet plugins - http://www.digitalfishphones.com - although the bridging has helped the GUI still does not show up so it is only possible to use them through the reaper UI

Same problem with the CamelPhatfree plugin - http://www.camelaudio.com - GUI will not appear but can be used through reaper UI -

Crystal by - http://www.greenoak.com - the AUi version crashes (although it does not crash reaper just the plugin) have not tried VST version

CM (computer music) VSTs some work some do not - CM101/CM303/CMFuzz/DS404/SR202 - do not show GUI and therefore make it nearly impossible to use

DaHornet by - http://www.nusofting.liqihsynth.com/index.html - VST version will not show GUI
Basso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:07 AM   #168
goatsound

Default drumagog

Drumagog works...

Last edited by goatsound; 07-12-2010 at 05:41 AM. Reason: because im an idiot.
goatsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:21 AM   #169
Neve

Many "Waves" from the "Mercury Bundle" do not work at all.

I'll make a list and post it... Soon, I hope.
12-core MacPro-32Go , Logic 9.1.4, Reaper, DP 7.23, Reason 5. 3x FF800. Over 900 plugins. Tons of sound banks. Neve 24-track console, Studer 2" 24-Track, many mics. 60's Marshall & Fender amps. '50s Fender guitars, '60's Fender Basses, vintage pedals, etc...
Neve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:45 AM   #170
clayfeet

Default PSP VintageMeter_X

VintageMeter VST doesn't seem to work - I simply can't find it in the list of plug-ins after installation.

(http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/..._vintagemeter/)
clayfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #171
Monotremata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basso View Post
Crystal by - http://www.greenoak.com - the AUi version crashes (although it does not crash reaper just the plugin) have not tried VST version
Working just fine over here, but Im running 10.4.11 on an old G4 still..
They havent updated it in over 4 years, might need to be updated for Snow Leopard compatibility though.

I posted a seperate thread for it before noticing this sticky up at the top but I cant get the Waldorf PPGWave 2.V or Attack to respond when using the AU versions.. VST's work fine, but whenever I use the AU's they dont output any sound and dont seem to be receiving MIDI data either.. The GUI's seem to respsond when you click on the keyboard (or the triggers in Attack) but nada's coming out of em..

Last edited by Monotremata; 07-03-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Monotremata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #172
Monotremata

Well on top of the Waldorf AU's not working (and sometimes spitting out that horrible buzzing noise)..

Prosoniq Orange Vocoder isnt working.
I have both the Anniversary edition AU as well as the carbon VST and neither one is good to go.
Opening the AU, the GUI is completely out of whack (the displays and lights on all the buttons are shifted waaaaay to the left of the big orange panel) and like the Waldorf plugs, you can move sliders but it doesnt output anything. Was trying it on a vocal track and the track just goes right through the plug like its not there.

The VST version cant even be detected by Reaper even though its right in my VST folder.

Oddly, before the Anniversary AU came out a few years ago, I was using the VST in Logic with my FXPansion VST-AU Wrapper.. If I use this one, finally sound comes out, but theres no GUI again so youre stuck on the default patch it opens..
Monotremata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:18 AM   #173
ytiralugnis

An issue regarding plugins in general is that Reaper doesn't give you the chance to choose from all available In/Out configurations. That touches the old topic of being able to load the mono versions of plugins which don't offer a separate mono version but have it all included in one .component or .vst. It also touches the multichannel part, since i cannot load Reaktor Audio Unit with 16 ins and 16 outs, knowing it offers this config since i can load it into Plogue Bidule with 16in/16out. Also Plogue Bidule cannot be loaded as multi channel, neither as vst nor as audio unit.

These are only examples of the whole problem and since Reaper offers such extraordinary routing capabilities it would be sad not to be able to use them where they are most needed: multichannel tasks, whether surround or multichannel output instruments.

kind regards

ytiralugnis
ytiralugnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:39 AM   #174
EpicSounds

I had some crashes with the AU version of IK Multimedia X-Gear. The VST version seems to be perfect.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:38 AM   #175
semiquaver

As of latest REAPER version:

GRM tools crahses

and

Plogue Bidule

still has crazy GUI issues (and sometimes crashing) - there was a version back there where it worked ...

and finally

Melodyne Plug won't display gui until clicked (also won't work correctly inserted in an Item - timing is not correct)

Both Melodyne and Plogue are built with JUCE fwiw
semiquaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:53 AM   #176
Fumbles

Default AUi's won't work

These are issues I have found in the first week of trying the most recent version of Reaper. All my VI's have the latest updates. I have not yet tried Stylus RMX or Ozone

Spectrasonics Omnisphere and Trilian. AUi version no sound-has crashed Reaper several times trying to load a patch.

I have had the loud blast of sound 2 or 3 times....YIKES....luckily only my laptop speakers, I would have pooped myself in the studio and maybe lost a tweeter or two....or worse yet got some damage to my ears if I had had cans on.

EZ Drummer. The AUi version of EZ Drummer is called (Toontrack) EZ Drummer...the VSTi version is called Dfh Sampler (Toontrack) 16 out. Serious latency issues.

Play AUi no sound-has crashed Reaper.

Garritan Aria player. No sound.

Loading any of these as VSTi is fine except for Virtual MIDI Keyboard. It will only allow a single mouse click to activate the key. Subsequent clicks can only happen by moving the cursor slightly each time.

Also loading a VSTi from the command "Insert virtual instrument on new track" things work okay except for that keyboard/mouse issue.

If you load a VSTi after creating a track from the command "Insert new track" the latency is absolutely horrible.

So hoping that a new version of Reaper clears this up...or the VI manufacturers also make helpful updates. It is looking like a great platform so far.
MacPro 2.66 Quad/6G RAM/10.6.2|MacBook Pro 2.4/4G RAM/10.6.1| 002R,11R, MBox 2 Mini| PT LE 8.0.3| Reaper| Ozone 4| Drumcore 3|Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX| EZ Drummer|EastWest-Silk, RA, Stormdrum2, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, Gypsy, Fab Four| GPO4, J&BB| Sibelius 6|
Fumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #177
Lopark

I've noticed the AU versions of the Soundhack Freeware Bundle don't work (GUI freezes), but the VST versions do.
Lopark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:09 AM   #178
Lopark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basso View Post
I have MAC OS X 10.6.4 - 2.53GHz intel Core 2 Duo w/ 8GB RAM running Reaper v3.63
The fish fillet plugins - http://www.digitalfishphones.com - although the bridging has helped the GUI still does not show up so it is only possible to use them through the reaper UI
Question: How are you running the DFP plugins on an Intel Mac when they're not universal binary? I had to give them up for this reason about 4 years ago and as far as know there's been no update. I'd love to have BlockFish again.
Lopark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:35 AM   #179
clayfeet

Default Antares Harmony EFX VST

Trying to add the Harmony EFX VST as an FX leads to a crash. The AU version works without a problem though.
clayfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #180
Bitty

Sorry for posting both "working" and "not working", but I figured this was easier to refer to the plugins that I tested. I have some pretty common Virtual instruments, so here's a listing based on a test today of all these plugins.

I was running these on Mac OSX 10.5.8 with Reaper 3.66 (Intel Mac Pro 4 core) - It's Aug 9, 2010.

Let's start with VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTS:

PLUGIN/VERSION----------------------AU--------------------------VST--------

Omnisphere 1.3.2c ------------- SPIKES (not working) ----- WORKS -----

STYLUS RMX 1.9.4d ------------ SPIKES (not working) ----- WORKS -----

Trillian 1.3.2c ----------------- SPIKES (not working) ----- WORKS -----

Superior Drums 2.22 ----------- SPIKES (not working) ----- WORKS -----

EZDrummer 121 --------------- SPIKES (not working) ----- WORKS -----

Addictive Drums 1.5.1 -------------- AU (Works)----------- VST (Works)----

Steven Slate 3.5 (Kontakt 4.05)---- AU (Works)-------------- VST Works-----

Kontakt 4.05 ---------------------- AU (Works)------------ VST (Works)----

Sylenth 2.202 --------------------- AU (Works)------------- VST (Works)----

Sonik Synth 2.1.1 ------------ SPIKES (not working) -------- WORKS (but crashes on remove)

V Station 1.5.1 -------------------- AU (Works)------------ VST (Works)----

Battery 3.0.6.002 ------------------- AU (Works)------------ VST (Works)----

Komplete 6 latest ------------------- AU (Works)----------- VST (Works)----
(Absynth, Kore, FM8, Massive, Kontakt, etc.)

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

PLUGINS:

I found pretty good results with the following plugins for both Audio Units and VSTs - definitely alot more promising than the AU side of Virtual instruments. Note: My test included initiating the plugin and listening to audio through it. I haven't actually used these in a session yet.

All of these plugs are latest version other than my waves plugs (I am still on ver 6).

Again, sorry to post both working and not working, but easier to type this once and insert in the 2 forums.

- IK Multimedia CSR Reverbs - Audio Units had GUI Issues, VSTs worked
- Melodyne - Gui issues on both AU and VST, but they worked on a quick test.

- Altiverb - worked for both AU and VST
- POD FARM 2 - worked for both AU and VST
- Waves 6.08 - worked for both AU and VST
- UAD 5.6.0 - worked for both AU and VST
- PSP Plugs (Vintage warmer 2, Nitro, 84) -worked for both AU and VST
- Amplitube - worked for both AU and VST

Hope this helps someone.
Bitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #181
BobM

Default Melodyne Assistant

Very patchy.

Pressing "Transfer" before play, fails to latch and only works if engaged after pressing play. It may also switch off any time during Transfer.

Unreliable and usable only with a lot of effort.

Ok in stand alone though.
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:52 AM   #182
David@liminal

Default Soundfield SPS200, silverspike rubytube

Soundfield SPS200 VST GUI doesn't work. They've just released an AU version and that doesn't work either, however, I can get the VST version to work in a number of different hosts but haven't made the AU version work anywhere yet.

Just tried adding silverspike rubytube too and can't make Reaper even see this.

Is this normal? In other DAWs I've used, where a plug-in is not accepted, you get some kind of error message when it is scanned, Reaper just seems to ignore it.

David
David@liminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:06 AM   #183
aleksi

Default Pro Audio DSP: Dynamic Spectrum Mapper

This plugin is working only partly in AU -format in Reaper 3.66 32-bit. You can't use presets and somehow the plugin metering is not working and I have problems with the limiting function of the plugin as well. This is my favourite limiter -plugin so it is a shame I can't use for now.
The VST -version of the plugin does not even show in the plugin list in Reaper 32-bit mode. I can use the brigded VST -version of the plugin in Reaper 64-bit mode, but I need all my cpu power to use my Nebula3 plugins so I can't really use the 64-bit version of the Reaper yet.

http://www.proaudiodsp.com/products/dsm/
aleksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #184
retractablezing

just made a thread about this but thought i'd report it here as well...

i'm having a big problem with IK stuff on my new imac running reaper, latest os.

what happens is, i play the track, apply the plugin (so far so good), do a few tweaks or go through presets (no problems), but as soon as i try to bypass either plugin to hear a before/after, while the track is still playing, there's a huge spike (reaper registered 392dbs, absolutely absurd and i forgot to do a print screen, but still, it certainly happened) - this happens with both plugs, but not the optical comp which i'm also demoing, for instance.

the sound was a huge CLACK (it's the best i can describe it), and i'm pretty sure the only reason i still have speakers is cause they have protection built into the circuit for this sort of stuff (they're KEF 101s).
retractablezing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #185
jayendra

64 bit Reaper OSX
64 bit AU plugins of Battery & Kontakt 4 (Automap versions)

I have the Novation Automap running.
Crash report attached
Attached Files
File Type: txt reaper automap 64 OSX.txt (35.6 KB, 311 views)
Old 11-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #186
vertibration

will Rob Papen predator work in reaper???
vertibration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #187
hypermonkey1984

I'm using a MacBook Pro.

Apple's AU distortion's GUI doesn't work at all. Though Reaper's distortion is better anyway. Still I'd like to be able to use both.
hypermonkey1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #188
mrelwood

Soundhack +spectralcompand.vst crashes Reaper 3.73 when inserted. AU version doesn't crash, but the UI is not updated when adjusting the parameters.

http://www.soundhack.com/download.php

Reaper 3.73, MacBook Pro '10, OSX 10.6.5.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:21 AM   #189
daverich

Just reading a few posts which describe very loud noise bursts....

I seem to remember there was a way for reaper to shut off the engine if the volume got above a certain level but i've just been looking through the prefs for it and can't find it.

Did I dream this? if so I believe it should definitely be added so reaper cuts out at +24db or something.

EDIT -

Found it - it's in project settings - project settings - Automatically Mute master when level goes over 18db.

That's probably a good default settings for trying plugs in osx right now.

Kind regards

Dave Rich

Last edited by daverich; 11-27-2010 at 02:14 AM.
daverich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:27 AM   #190
dub3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermonkey1984 View Post
I'm using a MacBook Pro.

Apple's AU distortion's GUI doesn't work at all. Though Reaper's distortion is better anyway. Still I'd like to be able to use both.
i'm on a 10.5.8 macbook and audistortion works fine - the fx works properly and the GUI is displayed pretty much the same way in garageband (it's just a list of parameters).
dub3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #191
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverich View Post
Just reading a few posts which describe very loud noise bursts....
As you noticed, it takes a while to find the feature. A person will likely find time to find the feature after his/her ears are once blown out, but that is one time too late.

Besides, no-one is going to go through all old projects to change the setting. The automatic muting should definitely be default behaviour, independent of project settings.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:25 PM   #192
DMoates

Default Bug with Melodyne Editor

I am on osx 10.5.8 leopard, and have the latest version of reaper for mac. I have seen other posts about Melodyne plugin but I'm specifically using Melodyne Editor 1.1.5, and I'm having different issues. When you load the plug in on a track the transfer button will blink like normal, you press it to put it in transfer mode, and then press play in Reaper, to start the transfer process and Melodyne transfers about a couple miliseconds of audio then the transfer button shuts back off all most instantly but continues to play, but not transfering. But if you press Transfer again quickly while Reaper is still playing it will then stay in transfer mode and transfer all audio properly. Then all operation seems fine after that. Its just that when u press Transfer then start playing the track to transfer your audio, transfer stops right after u press play then u must press it again while the track is still playing to get it to transfer. I'm not even sure if the little bit of audio that does show up at the beginning is even your audio starting to transfer or just a pop or something. But this does happen everytime and is easy to replicate I'm sure, if you are able to get this plug in to test. Thank You. I love your software. I was a dedicated Pro Tools user for a long time before I learned the abilities of Reaper and wrapped my head around it in no time. Loving that it works how u want and however u want! Briliant!

Last edited by DMoates; 12-04-2010 at 12:56 AM. Reason: i now think scroll wheel issue is mouse related
DMoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:19 PM   #193
carllackey

Default guitar rig 4 weird crash

when i load guitar rig 4 it loads perfectly, but let's say i'm going to create a custom patch when i hit save as in gr4 the plug in closes and the assigned track disappears!! i've tried this 3 times and had the same results.
carllackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:29 PM   #194
jonahs

Full version of Aalto crashes lastest Reaper. It crashes the prerelease as well. One of the coolest soft synths around. I hope the crash log helps.
http://www.madronalabs.com/aalto
Attached Files
File Type: txt aalto reaper crash.txt (35.2 KB, 329 views)
jonahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:25 PM   #195
khollister

OS X 10.6.5, REAPER 3.73

All of the VSTi IK SampleTank-based VI's (Miroslav, SampleMoog, SampleTron, etc) crash on removal

GSI MrRay EP crashes on add (VSTi)

GSI VB3 crashes on removal (VSTi)

Liquidsonics Reverberate VSTi sometimes crashes on add or removal - not consistent.

Kontakt VSTi - works fine except scrollwheel/trackpad doesn't scroll list boxes - have to grab scrollbar button
khollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:56 AM   #196
MacFizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by khollister View Post
OS X 10.6.5, REAPER 3.73

Liquidsonics Reverberate VSTi sometimes crashes on add or removal - not consistent.
Could you be more specific, I'm using Reverberate and it never crashed.
However, I'm using it mainly for HP simulation (re-cabinet), so very short impulses.
MacFizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:15 AM   #197
khollister

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFizz View Post
Could you be more specific, I'm using Reverberate and it never crashed.
However, I'm using it mainly for HP simulation (re-cabinet), so very short impulses.
It didn't seem related to loading particular impulses. I distinctly recall a couple instances of where reaper crashed when I attempted to load the VST, but unfortunately it is not consistent (I was using it last night without problem). I can grab the crash dump if it happens again - just let me know where to send it. Now that I'm aware of it, I'll pay more attention to the exact circumstances if it happens again (but you know how that goes ...)
khollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #198
eric90000

These VST plugins aren't working for me:

Fish Fillets
DX Reverb Light
Camel Phat Free
MDSP Compressor
Expert Sleepers Multi-Tap Delay
Nyquist EQ
Poor Plate Reverb
Reversinator

I'm on a MBP 2.53 i5.

Anybody have any luck with these?
eric90000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:21 PM   #199
enroper

Quote:
OS X 10.6.5, REAPER 3.73

All of the VSTi IK SampleTank-based VI's (Miroslav, SampleMoog, SampleTron, etc) crash on removal

GSI MrRay EP crashes on add (VSTi)

GSI VB3 crashes on removal (VSTi)

Kontakt VSTi - works fine except scrollwheel/trackpad doesn't scroll list boxes - have to grab scrollbar button
I'll second the crash of SampleMoog. Very frustrating as I want to purchase this plug, but won't because it's crashing reaper.
enroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:34 AM   #200
MacFizz

Quote:
It didn't seem related to loading particular impulses. I distinctly recall a couple instances of where reaper crashed when I attempted to load the VST, but unfortunately it is not consistent (I was using it last night without problem). I can grab the crash dump if it happens again - just let me know where to send it. Now that I'm aware of it, I'll pay more attention to the exact circumstances if it happens again (but you know how that goes ...)
Have you contacted the guys at liquidsonics. Maybe with a crash dump they might tell what's happening.
I've run some tests with some very long impulse and I didn't manage to crash it. However, I do have some factory impulse files reported to be lost and I have to point to reverberate where the files are. Doing that, the system kind of hang out doing pretty much nothing for a good 5-10 seconds before returning to normal.
Are you using the factory preset selection ?
I'm usually not because I made my own (with nearly only cabinet impulses).
Those crash might be related to a specific impulse in the factory library, reverberate do check the impulse while loading...
MacFizz is offline   Reply With Quote