Old 09-25-2006, 03:55 AM   #1
ckid
Human being with feelings

Default please help me: how to loop autmation envelopes?

hello!

i am glad about reaper as it is pure fun to work on audio with it. nevertheless i have a maybe stupid question

is there a way to loop automation envelopes?

let`s say i have a two pattern bar with a drawn cutoff filter envelope and want it to be repeated in the next two patterns of my loop, how do i do this? and is there a way to keep it looping?

thanks for any answer. i could not find it in the manual...

bye
rené

Last edited by ckid; 09-25-2006 at 05:27 AM. Reason: title not clearly a question
ckid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:28 PM   #2
Spon
Human being with feelings

You can't loop them at this point, but you can copy and paste them. It's a little arcane, though.

Alt-right-drag to select all your automation points. There are other ways to select, too.

Right-click on the envelope, select "copy selected envelope points" from the bottom of the context menu.

Set the play cursor (not the loop selection) to the start of the next repetition.

Control-V, Paste

another way to select is to set the loop selection, right-click on the envelope, and select "select all points in loop selection"

Feature requests galore here. It would be nice if "paste" were in the right-click menu. You can copy points there, and then go "well, what do I do with them?" It would be nicer if you could paste multiple repetitions. But later for this..
Spon is offline   Reply With Quote