Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2018, 09:51 AM   #201
crunchyoverseas
Human being with feelings
 
crunchyoverseas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 6
Default good stuff

Really like Kenny's videos...he got me using regions. Excellent at explaining, clear voice, goes through all the options.
crunchyoverseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:33 PM   #202
Steviebone
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 368
Default

I just wanted to take a second to thank Kenny for all of his videos. They are superbly done and cover almost every facet of using reaper. The fact that this resource is provided freely is absolutely amazing! Many times when I have a question I can find the answer in one of his videos faster than I can looking through hundreds of pages of printed materials.

Thanks Kenny!
Steviebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:36 PM   #203
RonBoy
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 16
Default Real Player Lets You Download

Real Player will let you download Youtube videos. All of Kenny's can be view on the Youtube site. I've downloaded many of them before I had comcast internet in my home! Now I just download the ones that interest me to look at a later time. I think this is ok as long as you don't sell them.
RonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 03:17 PM   #204
juliansader
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,192
Default

The inline editor is more useful than it gets credit for, so I am pleased to see the new video The In-Line MIDI Editor in REAPER.

I would just like to correct one mistake in the video: you don't have to open the main MIDI editor to add or change the inline editor's CC lanes -- simply right-click on the lane divider in the inline editor, and the CC selection menu will pop up (same as in the main MIDI editor).
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 07:53 AM   #205
Kenny Gioia
Human being with feelings
 
Kenny Gioia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
The inline editor is more useful than it gets credit for, so I am pleased to see the new video The In-Line MIDI Editor in REAPER.

I would just like to correct one mistake in the video: you don't have to open the main MIDI editor to add or change the inline editor's CC lanes -- simply right-click on the lane divider in the inline editor, and the CC selection menu will pop up (same as in the main MIDI editor).
Nice catch. Thanks.
Kenny Gioia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:10 AM   #206
CEART
Human being with feelings
 
CEART's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Spain
Posts: 46
Default I'm speechless

Thanks Kenny, I'm speechless! This is one of the greatest contributions to Reaper from the more authorized tutor we know IMHO. After I mentioned about this tutorials to my guitar students in class, who are fresh self-production enthusiastic, they were super excited to enter the world of Reaper, even two of them got the license the same day (I took 60 days :~) I suspect that I have long hours of reading and tweaking ahead as a rookie in Reaper. My gratitude sir!
BTW, is there specifically one of these video that guides me in-depth in the whole subject of rendering including automation curves? I am having problems with that despite the manual and other guides.

Cheers
- CEA -
CEART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:06 AM   #207
Kenny Gioia
Human being with feelings
 
Kenny Gioia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEART View Post
Thanks Kenny, I'm speechless! This is one of the greatest contributions to Reaper from the more authorized tutor we know IMHO. After I mentioned about this tutorials to my guitar students in class, who are fresh self-production enthusiastic, they were super excited to enter the world of Reaper, even two of them got the license the same day (I took 60 days :~) I suspect that I have long hours of reading and tweaking ahead as a rookie in Reaper. My gratitude sir!
Thank you

Quote:
BTW, is there specifically one of these video that guides me in-depth in the whole subject of rendering including automation curves? I am having problems with that despite the manual and other guides.

Cheers
- CEA -
Not sure what you mean. We have rendering videos and automation videos but I'm not sure how they relate to each other. Thanks.
Kenny Gioia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:39 PM   #208
dea-man
Human being with feelings
 
dea-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEART View Post
Thanks Kenny, I'm speechless! This is one of the greatest contributions to Reaper from the more authorized tutor we know IMHO. After I mentioned about this tutorials to my guitar students in class, who are fresh self-production enthusiastic, they were super excited to enter the world of Reaper, even two of them got the license the same day (I took 60 days :~) I suspect that I have long hours of reading and tweaking ahead as a rookie in Reaper. My gratitude sir!
BTW, is there specifically one of these video that guides me in-depth in the whole subject of rendering including automation curves? I am having problems with that despite the manual and other guides.

Cheers
- CEA -
What exactly are you trying to do?

Render a track with a fade in/out?
__________________
Please check out my REAPER produced music here: http://soundcloud.com/dea-man
dea-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:30 AM   #209
enroe
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 188
Default

I just watched Kenny's video about automation items.
Kenny explaines it systematically and has super adequate
examples!

Thank you Kenny!
__________________
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs and weird stuff: enroe.de
enroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:31 PM   #210
Kenny Gioia
Human being with feelings
 
Kenny Gioia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enroe View Post
I just watched Kenny's video about automation items.
Kenny explaines it systematically and has super adequate
examples!

Thank you Kenny!
Thank you.
Kenny Gioia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:25 AM   #211
Michael AD
Human being with feelings
 
Michael AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Hackensack
Posts: 213
Default

Kenny has a new video that is not even listed yet on the Reaper page.

It's called FREE ITEM POSITIONING... and my first reaction on seeing that title is I already know how turn on/off the SNAP-to-grid function.

Well it really had nothing to do with snap-to-grid...

I must say Kenny showed me something incredible that I had no idea was in Reaper... and I bet most folks here do not know about it either.

It's great to find out new things and I highly recommend everyone to check this out. THANK YOU KENNY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy12cfTWBPE
Michael AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:00 PM   #212
benf
Human being with feelings
 
benf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: France
Posts: 2,494
Default

Very impressive ! At first sight, it could be very useful in MIDI mode for playing the instrument on one item and the articulations on another one.
__________________
Listen and download my music on https://benest.bandcamp.com/
benf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:25 PM   #213
Kenny Gioia
Human being with feelings
 
Kenny Gioia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael AD View Post
Kenny has a new video that is not even listed yet on the Reaper page.

It's called FREE ITEM POSITIONING... and my first reaction on seeing that title is I already know how turn on/off the SNAP-to-grid function.

Well it really had nothing to do with snap-to-grid...

I must say Kenny showed me something incredible that I had no idea was in Reaper... and I bet most folks here do not know about it either.

It's great to find out new things and I highly recommend everyone to check this out. THANK YOU KENNY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy12cfTWBPE
Thank you
Kenny Gioia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:30 PM   #214
Quasar
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael AD View Post
Kenny has a new video that is not even listed yet on the Reaper page.

It's called FREE ITEM POSITIONING... and my first reaction on seeing that title is I already know how turn on/off the SNAP-to-grid function.

Well it really had nothing to do with snap-to-grid...

I must say Kenny showed me something incredible that I had no idea was in Reaper... and I bet most folks here do not know about it either.

It's great to find out new things and I highly recommend everyone to check this out. THANK YOU KENNY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy12cfTWBPE
LOL I saw this title and had exactly the same reaction: I already know how to toggle the snap-to-grid, so I passed. Now of course I'll have to watch it. Thanks for the heads-up.
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:13 AM   #215
readdict
Human being with feelings
 
readdict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 15
Default VIDEO REQUEST

Hey Kenny! I really appreciate your effort to spread REAPER Power. I just need your help to explain us how to create easily MIDI articulation like Expression Map in Cubase. I think it's needed for KONTAKT Sampling that uses lots of Keyswitch to articulate.

Thanks for all your help Kenny!
readdict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:40 AM   #216
SergeiSobchenko
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Ukraine
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by readdict View Post
I just need your help to explain us how to create easily MIDI articulation like Expression Map in Cubase.
Yea! It would be great!
SergeiSobchenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:38 PM   #217
DogBBQ
Human being with feelings
 
DogBBQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New, New York
Posts: 97
Default Thanks Kenny

Thanks for sharing your knowledge
DogBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:30 AM   #218
Social Exodus
Human being with feelings
 
Social Exodus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Posts: 11
Default

Thanks to Kenny for demystifying Reaper so very effectively
__________________
For when dreams increase and words grow many, there is vanity; but God is the one you must fear. - Ecclesiastes 5:7
Social Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:17 AM   #219
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 22,847
Default

Kenny, we need a video for "Stealth Sends", it would help a lot of people.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=212296
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 12:48 PM   #220
rocket19
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1
Default app's when i download reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman1 View Post
Thanks again
when i download reaper it wants me to buy an app. so I can read it ?
rocket19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:12 PM   #221
Coachz
Human being with feelings
 
Coachz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charleston, SC USA
Posts: 5,175
Default

Stealth sends are all the rage!
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:26 PM   #222
_Stevie_
Human being with feelings
 
_Stevie_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,296
Default

Agreed +1
__________________
My Reascripts forum thread | My Reascripts on GitHub | Stephan Römer - film composer
If you wish to donate for my scripts: please consider an organization like: animal shelter, doctors without borders, UNICEF, etc...
_Stevie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:34 AM   #223
ivansc
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Cambridge UK and Near Questembert, France
Posts: 17,894
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket19 View Post
when i download reaper it wants me to buy an app. so I can read it ?

No, it isnt necessary to do this. Certainly no purchase necessary! All Kenny`s stuff is freely available on youtube, which is where the links point you. You arent by any chance talking about the download link for Reaper itself, which is above the Video links?

You should go here https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php and just watch the videos linked to from there or do it on Youtube OR at http://www.kennymania.com/

P.S. Welcome to the forums!
__________________
We are in a rudderless ship with a fool at the wheel who doesnt even realise it ain`t working any more
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:17 AM   #224
Jeffsounds
Human being with feelings
 
Jeffsounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northeast Michigan
Posts: 2,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
No, it isnt necessary to do this. Certainly no purchase necessary! All Kenny`s stuff is freely available on youtube, which is where the links point you. You arent by any chance talking about the download link for Reaper itself, which is above the Video links?

You should go here https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php and just watch the videos linked to from there or do it on Youtube OR at http://www.kennymania.com/

P.S. Welcome to the forums!
Maybe he's clicking the Reaper Guide link and doesn't have a default reader installed?
__________________
"Music is a fundamental human desire." - Mike Butera
Jeffsounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:21 AM   #225
Coachz
Human being with feelings
 
Coachz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charleston, SC USA
Posts: 5,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
No, it isnt necessary to do this. Certainly no purchase necessary! All Kenny`s stuff is freely available on youtube, which is where the links point you. You arent by any chance talking about the download link for Reaper itself, which is above the Video links?

You should go here https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php and just watch the videos linked to from there or do it on Youtube OR at http://www.kennymania.com/

P.S. Welcome to the forums!
what app does it want you to buy
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.