Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 12-15-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
acoonrad
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper crashes when recording audio

I am using a Vista 64 with Reaperx64. I have a Focusrite Pro 10 I/O (x64 drivers, functional) and I have had no problems for about 25 hours with this new setup. I really like Reaper and I am just getting into learning all the ins and outs of the program but now I just sat down to do some vocals and this shit happens.... What it does is I arm the tracks and everything is groovy, I am using live monitoring on my beta 58 and my 4033 (what I am using to record) and I can hear everything through my headphones (the monitor mix) and then at about 3 seconds into it, the time box where it says "recording" starts blinking red and Reaper stops playing back the monitor mix. Vista then shits it's pants for about5 secs (This program is not responding would you like to wait?) and then Reaper comes back to its senses. I have done massive trouble shooting with my interface and it is working fine as I can monitor and record in another program. Please help!

-Andy
acoonrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:11 PM   #2
acoonrad
Human being with feelings

OK, so, I got it to work. There must have been something weird going on with an old session because it was basically an old .rpp file that was trying to load new .wav files and there must have been some sort of inconsistency between the two that Reaper didn't like. I can't get it to do it now, which I guess is good, but I was going to take a screen shot. If it happens again then I will take a SS and get more into it.
acoonrad is offline   Reply With Quote