Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 04-04-2009, 03:41 AM   #121
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
Thats not going to be the correct space between hits though, right?
Nah, not unless you're real lucky. You'll probably have to adjust the spacing if you want to use them in DrumReaplacer.

Regards,
- Jonas
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #122
pixeltarian

um, does it work on a mac?
pixeltarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #123
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Alright give this a try

https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/140684/...ation-Kick.wav

And 50 points to whoever can name the kick I'm alluding to with this one
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:06 PM   #124
pipelineaudio
Mortal

and a snare

https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/140708/...tion-Snare.wav
Old 04-06-2009, 03:09 PM   #125
pipelineaudio
Mortal

I still need a good way to control the dynamic spread, not sure if Im using the latest version, mine says 1.09

Also Im getting some sort of flanging going on
Old 04-07-2009, 12:34 AM   #126
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Let's try this one
https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/140871/...on-Snare-4.wav
Old 04-07-2009, 06:21 AM   #127
unsound

Hey Jonas I'm using 1.06a not sure if thats the latest version or not but I seem to be getting some delay with the samples.....was getting the same with 1.04a so I'm not sure what is really going on.

It seems to have started since I moved from my laptop to my new desktop.....don't have any problems with anything else other than the delay with drumreaplacer. Doesn't seem to matter what samples I use...pipeline's or others.

Also is there one link with updated versions of Drumreaplacer?
Old 04-07-2009, 07:14 AM   #128
Grünfeld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas_Eriksson_Swe View Post

Is there anything specific you would like me to add/change in DrumReaplacer?
I know what I'd love: a MIDI version of an audio file.

I tend to use BFD2 to trigger drum hits. I can't currently see if DrumReplacer could trigger BFD2, my guess is it doesn't do that sort of thing.

I've got (poorly recorded) multi-track audio of real drums and if DrumReplacer could make MIDI tracks which preserved the timing of the performance I could replace each kit piece with BFD2.

Would DrumReplacer ever be able to do that?

Oli

Last edited by Grünfeld; 04-07-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Grünfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:41 AM   #129
drillbit

Thats what it's for isn't it.

I think you just use drum replacers detection then use the mid out to BFD. you have to have the separate tracks (kick, snare, overheads...). Try putting drum replacer on an audio track followed by BFD. Otherwise you can use the gate ReaGate to generate midi for BFD.

For cutting out kick and snare and hats from a loop GURU is the plugin.
Drumagog is a drum replacer clone ;-p that creates midi for BD also (costs though).
drillbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:15 AM   #130
Grünfeld

Quote:
Originally Posted by drillbit View Post
Thats what it's for isn't it.

I think you just use drum replacers detection then use the mid out to BFD.
Thanks. Ok, not quite sure how to do that (take a MIDI out from DrumReplacer and send it to BFD2) but it makes sense. I'll have a tinker later.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:27 AM   #131
Finnish

I'm quite sure DrumReaplacer doesn't output MIDI. Otherwise ReaGate with velocity-sensitive MIDI-output would be a killer for some people..
Old 04-08-2009, 02:26 AM   #132
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe

Pipe,

I've been working way too much lately and haven't had time to try your new samples - I'll post as soon as I find the time to try 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsound View Post
Hey Jonas I'm using 1.06a not sure if thats the latest version or not but I seem to be getting some delay with the samples.....was getting the same with 1.04a so I'm not sure what is really going on.

(...)

Also is there one link with updated versions of Drumreaplacer?
I have to clean up these links somday... here's the latest version http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...&postcount=103

Regarding delay I don't experience that, are you on mac or windows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grünfeld View Post
I know what I'd love: a MIDI version of an audio file.

I tend to use BFD2 to trigger drum hits. I can't currently see if DrumReplacer could trigger BFD2, my guess is it doesn't do that sort of thing.

I've got (poorly recorded) multi-track audio of real drums and if DrumReplacer could make MIDI tracks which preserved the timing of the performance I could replace each kit piece with BFD2.

Would DrumReplacer ever be able to do that?
Currently it doesn't, but have yoiu tried SStillwells drumtrigger? (It's included in the Reaper install.)It does what you're asking for. Give it at try and see if you like it, otherwise it wouldn't be that hard to make DrumReaplacer output midi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish View Post
I'm quite sure DrumReaplacer doesn't output MIDI. Otherwise ReaGate with velocity-sensitive MIDI-output would be a killer for some people..
Yeah, or try using ReaGate to remove everything but the hits you want to replace and then use Sstillwells drumtrigger to convert it to midi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixeltarian View Post
um, does it work on a mac?
Sure does, I'm on a MBP myself

Regards,
- Jonas
Old 04-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #133
unsound

hey Jonas....thanks for the reply, I'm on windows xp dux's version. I tried both 1.04 and 1.06......both had delay I'm not really sure why it's doing it, it was fine in my laptop but not on my desktop and as I said everything else works fine on it.....but just in case here are my specs....

Dux's nlite xp pro
Core 2 Quad 8200
Gigabyte Ep45-ESDL board
4 gigs ram
2 Presonus Firepods

-scott
Old 04-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #134
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsound View Post
hey Jonas....thanks for the reply, I'm on windows xp dux's version. I tried both 1.04 and 1.06......both had delay I'm not really sure why it's doing it, it was fine in my laptop but not on my desktop and as I said everything else works fine on it.....but just in case here are my specs....

Dux's nlite xp pro
Core 2 Quad 8200
Gigabyte Ep45-ESDL board
4 gigs ram
2 Presonus Firepods

-scott
Not sure what to make of this. The latest version of DrumReaplacer is 1.09 (see link above) but I have not had the problems you describe in any version (and if the version you're using worked on your laptop that also suggests that the problem is not with DrumReaplacer...).

Could you try using the latest version of DrumReaplacer and post what version of Reaper you're using? (Are you using the same version of Reaper on your laptop as on your desktop?)

Regards,
- Jonas
Old 04-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #135
Grünfeld

Quote:

...have yoiu tried SStillwells drumtrigger? (It's included in the Reaper install.)It does what you're asking for. Give it at try and see if you like it, otherwise it wouldn't be that hard to make DrumReaplacer output midi...
Yep, that works pretty fine actually.

God, the stuff that comes with this proggie! I had not realised it was there.

Thanks.

Oli
Old 04-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #136
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Jonas, Im dying to talk to you! When you get unbusy for a while hopefully Ill see you on chat
Old 05-01-2009, 05:58 AM   #137
LeSedna

I don't get how you do multi sample thing.

Does it read .gog file ?

Cause in the box there's only one wav loaded ?

Thanks

EDIT : sorry I missed the 50ms explanation. It's ok.

Last edited by LeSedna; 05-01-2009 at 11:49 AM.
LeSedna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:45 PM   #138
curtisfranklin

Default Reagate

Reagate sends a midi not message on gate open and close. Granted, there is no dynamics, but the timing is great.
curtisfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:23 AM   #139
Vulkanizer

Hey Jonas

I am back on Reaper on the Mac Book after version 3 since now the Scandinavian lettering thing seems to be fixed (hooray!)

However I am experiencing quite a bit of delay (9315 samples to be exact) on the output of Drumreaplacer (just got the newest version) - I am guessing you are still on your mac book pro as well. Have you had any such problems with reaper 3?

This also goes for your demo project that comes with the newest version.
Also there does not seem to be any change in delay time depending on the sample i use to replace with.

Cheers
J
Vulkanizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #140
Vulkanizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grünfeld View Post
Yep, that works pretty fine actually.

God, the stuff that comes with this proggie! I had not realised it was there.

Thanks.

Oli
For those of you who might wonder how that can be done heres a project demo/template that i cooked up that uses the Stillwell drumtrigger to trigger the BFD demo. Guess the midi trigger values are the same.

https://stash.reaper.fm/2935/BFDtrigger_demo.zip

Cheers
J
Old 06-16-2009, 12:20 PM   #141
Greg_L

This is a great tool. Thanks for making and sharing it.

One problem....I just installed update 3.03 and now this plug isn't working right. I made my own kick sample and I'm getting weird delay and the timing is all off with reaplace. The snare samples I made before the update are still working fine. But anything since the update seems to be screwy.
Greg_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #142
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_L View Post
This is a great tool. Thanks for making and sharing it.

One problem....I just installed update 3.03 and now this plug isn't working right. I made my own kick sample and I'm getting weird delay and the timing is all off with reaplace. The snare samples I made before the update are still working fine. But anything since the update seems to be screwy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulkanizer View Post
(...) I am experiencing quite a bit of delay (9315 samples to be exact) on the output of Drumreaplacer (just got the newest version) - I am guessing you are still on your mac book pro as well. Have you had any such problems with reaper 3?

Also there does not seem to be any change in delay time depending on the sample i use to replace with.

Cheers
J
Yeah I noticed just yesterday that something got broken in the last few Reaper updates. I haven't had time to investigate if it's a bug in Reaper (would seem like that since DrumReaplacer worked in previous versions) or in DrumReaplacer (maybe sth has changed in the JS protocol that I've missed?) yet but I will as soon as things calm down t work...

I'm using it on a track I'm mixing right now so I'll have to fix it sooner rather than later : )

Thanks for supporting this little plug in! Regards,
- Jonas
Old 06-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #143
Greg_L

Well.....it seems to be working again. My snare samples had always worked, but the kick sample was acting crazy. I re-recorded some kick samples, and it seems to be working now. Maybe my original kick file was corrupted or something. Reaplacer wouldn't recognize the individual samples within the file. The plug-in is now seeing the 10 samples in the new file and it's working fine. This is a great plug-in. I'm working on a CD in which the drums were recorded in different rooms at different times. This tool is allowing me to have the drums sound the same from song to song and it's saving my ass! Superb job!
Greg_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #144
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe

Quote:
Hey Jonas

I am back on Reaper on the Mac Book after version 3 since now the Scandinavian lettering thing seems to be fixed (hooray!)

However I am experiencing quite a bit of delay (9315 samples to be exact) on the output of Drumreaplacer (just got the newest version) - I am guessing you are still on your mac book pro as well. Have you had any such problems with reaper 3?

Cheers
J
Hmm, I just did a few tests with 3.02 and everything seems to work as expected... I'll install 3.03 and try again.

[EDIT:]

Tried with 3.03 and it also works fine here as well, however I haven't done a fresh install, just installed the newer versions on top of the old. Do you still have delay problems?

Regards,
- Jonas

Last edited by Jonas_Eriksson_Swe; 06-16-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:59 AM   #145
Vulkanizer

Quote:
Hmm, I just did a few tests with 3.02 and everything seems to work as expected... I'll install 3.03 and try again.

[EDIT:]

Tried with 3.03 and it also works fine here as well, however I haven't done a fresh install, just installed the newer versions on top of the old. Do you still have delay problems?

Regards,
- Jonas
I am still on 3.02. Since we just moved and got on a company ISP I've been having this issue mess up my downloads so I cant bet my hands on 3.03 right now:
http://hackthemac.blogspot.com/2008/...cant-open.html

Don't know when I will be able to download properly again. Just goes to show you should own your internet connection yourself.

On the drumreaplacer front though I am sorry to report that there has been no change in 3.02 regarding the delay. situation is the same.

J
Old 06-27-2009, 12:48 PM   #146
pipelineaudio
Mortal

I'm making the ReaPlacer versions of the gog files of Kompound Drums. I got them to show all 32 hits, but its playing late. What could be causing this?
Old 06-27-2009, 11:17 PM   #147
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
I'm making the ReaPlacer versions of the gog files of Kompound Drums. I got them to show all 32 hits, but its playing late. What could be causing this?
Hey Pipe!

Long time... I listened to to your samples and they sound good!

Unfortunatley I don't know why they should be late in DrumReaplacer (does your older stuff still work?) but if you could post a wav that doesn't work as expected I'll see if I can figure it out (PM the link if you don't want it here in public.)

Regards,
- Jonas
Old 06-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #148
unsound

Hey Jonas.....started using drumreaplacer again in 3.02 and everything seems to be fine now....kind of strange??? but great none the less, now I can stop relying on my "borrowed" version of drumagog.

Although using stillwells drumtrigger and reasamplomatic on tracks that don't vary in dynamics...such as metal or rock kick drums and sometimes snare works great.

Again thanks Jonas for a great plugin I have used it on every project since you've released it.....except for a few times Reaper didn't want me to use it....but hey having to work to get a better kick drum sound should probably be achieved first instead of reaching for a sound replacement plugin and never worrying about what the actual track sounds like.

Anyway.....thanks again Jonas

-scott
Old 06-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #149
mr. moon

On my systems, I have to offset the trigger snare file found in the Drum ReaPlacer Demo Project by ~9411 samples (ahead of the original) to get it to sync back up with the original and the snare hits in the OHs. Additionally, it seems to stop functioning altogether if I work with it too long after making modifications to settings and such, but returns to normal if I reopen the project.

I have attached a modified rpp from your demo project for you to try out for yourself.

Reaper 3.04, BTW.

-mr moon
Attached Files
File Type: rpp DrumReaplacer test project2.RPP (7.9 KB, 448 views)

www.soundclick.com/mrmoon

Last edited by mr. moon; 06-28-2009 at 12:27 PM.
mr. moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #150
Justin
Administrator

Some fixes in recent REAPER version's JS implementation caused this to break.. the line:

pdc_delay = global_pdc;

needs to be moved to the @slider section...
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:25 PM   #151
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe

Default New version!

Thanks Justin! (Just out of curiosity, when did it change and why?)

Here's a link to an updated DrumReaplacer (should say 1.091 when you open it in Reaper):

[EDIT: Removed link because bug was still there, scroll down to find the new one ]

Let me know if it works! Regards,
- Jonas

Last edited by Jonas_Eriksson_Swe; 06-29-2009 at 05:31 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:19 AM   #152
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe

And here's just a quick test for Pipe and anyone else doing metal:

[EDIT:Removed link due to bugs, will post a new version shortly ]

... it adds an Ampltude match-slider that controls how much DrumReaplacer changes the amplitude of a sample to match that of the hit it's replacing. So, to get rid of all dynamics, set Amplitude match to zero and crank the dynamics slider.

Regards,
- Jonas

Last edited by Jonas_Eriksson_Swe; 06-29-2009 at 05:32 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:20 AM   #153
Vulkanizer

Quote:
Here's a link to an updated DrumReaplacer (should say 1.091 when you open it in Reaper):
Let me know if it works! Regards,
- Jonas
It sadly does not for me. I also got the problems with downloading fixed, so now I am on Reaper 3.04 and the Drumreaplacer v 1.091 and still no Cigar. Same delay. Really weird.

I should also mention that the meter on the left side of the drumreaplacer seems to react on time. However as soon as the signal passes through the plug the signal gets delayed the notorious 9285 samples . This goes for the dry as well as wet signal.

What a shame. Its such a nice plug, but I am getting by with the stillwell trigger so its not a complete disaster.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:15 AM   #154
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe

Quote:
It sadly does not for me. I also got the problems with downloading fixed, so now I am on Reaper 3.04 and the Drumreaplacer v 1.091 and still no Cigar. Same delay. Really weird.
Weird, works on three systems I've tested it on (two Windows running XP and one Mac OSX 10.5.7, Reaper 3.04 on both).

Does other JS plugs that use PDC work on your system? (Try for example time_adjustment and set a negative delay - does that work? It should make the audio on that track early compared to the other tracks.)

Quote:
I should also mention that the meter on the left side of the drumreaplacer seems to react on time. However as soon as the signal passes through the plug the signal gets delayed the notorious 9285 samples . This goes for the dry as well as wet signal.
Definetly a PDC issue then (assumin that the dry signal and the replaced is on time with each other, just not with other tracks)... Could you try the time_adjustment test I described above and post back?

Regards,
- Jonas

Last edited by Jonas_Eriksson_Swe; 06-29-2009 at 04:30 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:05 AM   #155
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Some fixes in recent REAPER version's JS implementation caused this to break.. the line:

pdc_delay = global_pdc;

needs to be moved to the @slider section...
Justin> Is srate no longer accessable in @init?

Everyone> Thanks to Pipe I think I've fixed the fix, download here:

http://nejnas.se/audio/jsfx/DrumReaplacer-test-kit.zip

... should now be working again regardless of samplerate! (Vulkanizer> This could also be the source of your problems, try this build above)

- Jonas

Last edited by Jonas_Eriksson_Swe; 06-29-2009 at 06:39 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:21 AM   #156
mr. moon

Still broken here!!

Even using it on my work rig with a brand-new 3.04 installation of REAPER using the new project you posted.
1. The timing is still off, with the replacement hit being late as before.
2. The modified project I created on another computer works perfectly on this one.
3. If I try to move the "Original Signal [%]" slider, I instantly get a "file too large" warning in the status indicator bar.

Any chance you could date stamp your ReaPlacer versions when you post them, so we can be sure that we're downloading the correct ones? I've been finding a bunch of bad links around here...

-mr moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. moon View Post
On my systems, I have to offset the trigger snare file found in the Drum ReaPlacer Demo Project by ~9411 samples (ahead of the original) to get it to sync back up with the original and the snare hits in the OHs. Additionally, it seems to stop functioning altogether if I work with it too long after making modifications to settings and such, but returns to normal if I reopen the project.

I have attached a modified rpp from your demo project for you to try out for yourself.

Reaper 3.04, BTW.

-mr moon

www.soundclick.com/mrmoon

Last edited by mr. moon; 06-29-2009 at 09:38 AM.
mr. moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:04 AM   #157
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe

Quote:
Still broken here!!

Even using it on my work rig with a brand-new 3.04 installation of REAPER using the new project you posted.
1. The timing is still off, with the replacement hit being late as before.
2. The modified project I created on another computer works perfectly on this one.
Ok : )

Not sure what you mean (I might be slow here), what's special about the modified project? And please post any info on samplerate of the project and the samples used in DrumReaplacer. (It seems the reason for these troubles is that the Reaper implementation of JS has changed in a few aspects and I'm still trying to figure out how they affect DrumReaplacer...)

Quote:
3. If I try to move the "Original Signal [%]" slider, I instantly get a "file too large" warning in the status indicator bar.
That's really weird. I cannot duplicate here, not on PC nor on Mac - anyone else? [EDIT: Probably related to this http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=36674]

Quote:
Any chance you could date stamp your ReaPlacer versions when you post them, so we can be sure that we're downloading the correct ones? I've been finding a bunch of bad links around here...

-mr moon
I've been trying to remove all old links and keep just the latest - could you post a link to any posts containing old links? Also, check what the plug in is called in Reaper, the latest verison is 1.093 (just like in the picture above).

Regards,
- Jonas

PS: I'll be posting a new version shortly S

Last edited by Jonas_Eriksson_Swe; 06-29-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #158
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe

Ok, here's yet another version, same link:

http://nejnas.se/audio/jsfx/DrumReaplacer-test-kit.zip

... and we're up to 1.094! One thing that's changed is that the samples now load when you hit play instead of when you choose them in the drop down box - is that good or bad?

Please try it and report back how (if...) it works. It's very helpful if you post the sample rate of the project, the items and the samples used in DrumReaplacer.

Regards,
- Jonas

Last edited by Jonas_Eriksson_Swe; 06-29-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:31 PM   #159
pipelineaudio
Mortal

SCORE!!!! hammering away, working great!
Old 06-29-2009, 12:46 PM   #160
Vulkanizer

Heureka!
1.094 seems to make everything good again!

Thanks man!