Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 02-04-2020, 07:34 PM   #1
Erik H
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI and Transport Feature Requests (and bug fix)

If Reaper could implement these few feature requests and fix a quantize bug, I would never have to go back to Logic Pro X or MOTU DP10 again.

Feature Requests:
1) When recording MIDI please auto set the "out" bound of the new MIDI item to the next whole measure (like Logic Pro X, Clip record in MOTU DP10, and so on).

2) Automatically select the MIDI item that was just recorded (like Logic Pro X).

3) Allow a key command to A) loop the MIDI item to the end of the project if there are no other items on the track -OR- B) Loop the MIDI item to the next item on the track. (Like "L" in Logic Pro X).

4) Allow the same key command that loops the MIDI item (as described in #3) to undo the loop and revert back to the original item duration. (Like "L" in Logic Pro X)

5) Transport: Add "Wait for Key Press" to play or record (Like MOTU DP, Protools)

6) Transport: Add double press on "STOP" push. Push 1 = Stop and keep play head where it is, Push 2 = Return to start of section.

Note: 1~4 are really important to me for my work flow, and are the only reasons why I don't use Reaper for MIDI production. 5 is a huge plus for me, It is the main reason I still use MOTU products. 6 is meh.. Just a nice to have..

BUG FIX:
Please fix the Input Quantize stuck note and wrong duration bug when using certain MIDI controllers (in MPE mode or set to "Piano" mode). I detailed this bug in the Bugs Forum.

Thank you!!!

-e
Erik H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:44 PM   #2
Dstruct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik H View Post
1) When recording MIDI please auto set the "out" bound of the new MIDI item to the next whole measure (like Logic Pro X, Clip record in MOTU DP10, and so on).
Check Preferences/Audio/Loop Recording

I have both options enabled with threshold set to 100%. Helps at least in some cases.
Dstruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:05 PM   #3
Erik H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstruct View Post
Check Preferences/Audio/Loop Recording

I have both options enabled with threshold set to 100%. Helps at least in some cases.
Destruct,
Thank you for the comment, unfortunately that does not seem to help my issues. I don’t record in loop mode, but I would like all items to be loop ready automatically.

Currently I have to open the midi editor, drag the end of the item till it starts looping and the “green bar” appears, then grab the green bar and trim the item to the whole measure, then close the editor, then drag the item for as long as I want it to loop (what a pain in the ass). 99% of the time in Logic, I record something then press “L” and done...

-e
Erik H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:08 PM   #4
Dstruct

Maybe you can create a custom action for it?
Old 02-12-2020, 06:48 AM   #5
BirdBird

1, 3, 4 are possible with scripts. (but you would have to write them or get someone to write them, 6 is also possible but could be unreliable in certain cases due to how REAPER handles background scripts)

For 2, it seems to already behave like that for me? If I record new media it automatically gets selected.
BirdBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:54 AM   #6
Dstruct

Yeah, 2 should be working already: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=3317