Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2018, 06:04 AM   #1
Fabian
Human being with feelings

Default Right-click in marker lane should not move cursor...

I don't know it it has always been this way, but it sure looks like a bug to me. At least it is extremely annoying behavior (to me).

Right-click in the marker lane moves the cursor to the right-click point. It should not.

My scenario:
1. Place a marker at time x
2. Place a marker at time y
3. Double-click the marker lane to get a time selection between x and y, this puts the cursor at x
4. Right-click to get drop-down menu, to select "Insert tempo /signature marker..."

What happens:
The cursor is moved to the right-click position, which is somewhere in-between x and y, and the tempo marker gets inserted there.

What I expected:
The cursor not to move, and the tempo marker to be inserted at the beginning of the time selection, at x.

This is annoying, as I have to double-click the marker lane to get the correct time selection, double-clicking any of the other ruler lanes makes a time selection of the whole project. So to work around this bug, I have to remember to move the mouse slightly up or down, into one of the other ruler lanes, where right-click does not move the cursor, before right-clicking to get the menu. This kills my workflow!

And I can find no mouse modifier settings related to right-clicking the marker lane.

I see no reason whatsoever why right-clicking should do anything else but popping up the menu.