Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 06-13-2017, 10:18 AM   #1
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings

Default SWS/BR: Copy take media source file path of selected items to clipboard?

I am having issues with this command. SWS/BR: Copy take media source file path of selected items to clipboard.

I really don't understand at all why, and can't even see how it would be possible.

So I use the command, and wherever I paste the path, which looks exactly correct, it complains that the file is not found.

I can delete the last letter of the path I copied with the action, and rewrite it exactly the same, and that works. There doesn't appear to be any spaces where there shouldn't be.

If I press ctrl+f2, and copy that path with ctrl+v, that works fine.

It's like that for every file in this project I'm using.

The first part of the path leads to the correct directory, but the filename is never found. I don't get it because it looks exactly right.
Old 06-13-2017, 12:50 PM   #2
nofish

Worked fine here with the first file I tried (I know that's not an exhaustive test).

Quote:
wherever I paste the path, which looks exactly correct, it complains that the file is not found.
Where are you pasting to ?

If to an application that should immediately play the file, did you set Reaper to be inactive when in backgground ? Otherwise it wouldn't work I think.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:00 PM   #3
Sound asleep

It has done that with every program I tried. I tried even just putting it in windows explorer, and it didn't work. Said file not found. So I backspaced the the 'v' for the *.wav, wrote it back again, hit enter, and it opened up my media player no problem.

I would imagine that there can only be one specific way this is possible, and I found it.

Haven't tried it in any other projects, so it may be the specific folder names etcetera I have that it doesn't like for some reason, but like I said, just backspacing and rewriting the last letter fixed it.

EDIT: tried it again. Going to the end of the filename and hitting backspace appears to do nothing. The edit cursor flashes right at the end of the string, as though there are no spaces there, hitting backspace once appears to change nothing, except if I hit enter at that point, it works.

On the plus side, I know how to easily workaround the problem, but I think there is a bug somewhere with it. Not sure why you would not be getting that behaviour, but I am.

EDIT#2: Pasting the string in a text editor makes the path appear correct as always, and backspacing removes the last character as expected.

Also, simply pasting there, and the copying and pasting it in explorer, runs the wav as expected.

Something must exist that I am unaware of, but I would imagine someone like Justin or Schwa might be able to know exactly what is happening from that information.

Last edited by Sound asleep; 06-13-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:53 AM   #4
neovich

Default exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound asleep View Post
It has done that with every program I tried. I tried even just putting it in windows explorer, and it didn't work. Said file not found. So I backspaced the the 'v' for the *.wav, wrote it back again, hit enter, and it opened up my media player no problem.

I would imagine that there can only be one specific way this is possible, and I found it.

Haven't tried it in any other projects, so it may be the specific folder names etcetera I have that it doesn't like for some reason, but like I said, just backspacing and rewriting the last letter fixed it.

EDIT: tried it again. Going to the end of the filename and hitting backspace appears to do nothing. The edit cursor flashes right at the end of the string, as though there are no spaces there, hitting backspace once appears to change nothing, except if I hit enter at that point, it works.

On the plus side, I know how to easily workaround the problem, but I think there is a bug somewhere with it. Not sure why you would not be getting that behaviour, but I am.

EDIT#2: Pasting the string in a text editor makes the path appear correct as always, and backspacing removes the last character as expected.

Also, simply pasting there, and the copying and pasting it in explorer, runs the wav as expected.

Something must exist that I am unaware of, but I would imagine someone like Justin or Schwa might be able to know exactly what is happening from that information.
Ha Ha ! I discovered this exactly problem myself just yesterday !

You are 100 percent right !! Like you said, when I manually deleted the last character or left arrow and it picks up the path / name and it worked.

I have my work around but not sure it would be of any use to you for what I am doing. Basically a python & VBS script opens external software where the media path and file is loaded and this is where windows shell runs a keystroke to fix this ;-)
neovich is offline   Reply With Quote