Old 12-18-2019, 05:51 PM   #41
Zeno
Human being with feelings
 
Zeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjuhkam View Post
I really love original R6 theme and Penumbra compliments it perfectly.
Can I somehow have just dark fx and browser windows etc without the modifications of the actual theme elements? (I like the original track colors not the green one you have proposed.)
Thank you
You just want the original colors of the media items back, right?

Start the Reaper 6 default theme.
Open the action list and search for "Theme development: Show theme tweak/configuration window".
Execute the command and search in theme tweaker:
  • Media item label
  • Media item peaks (odd tracks)
  • Media item peaks (even tracks)
  • Media item background (odd tracks)
  • Media item background (even tracks)

Make a note of the color values of each surface.
Open the dark mode theme, and then the theme tweaker again.
Now enter the color values for the corresponding surfaces and press "Save Theme...".
Zeno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 12:23 AM   #42
jjuhkam
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
You just want the original colors of the media items back, right?

Start the Reaper 6 default theme.
Open the action list and search for "Theme development: Show theme tweak/configuration window".
Execute the command and search in theme tweaker:
  • Media item label
  • Media item peaks (odd tracks)
  • Media item peaks (even tracks)
  • Media item background (odd tracks)
  • Media item background (even tracks)

Make a note of the color values of each surface.
Open the dark mode theme, and then the theme tweaker again.
Now enter the color values for the corresponding surfaces and press "Save Theme...".
Thank you for responding
I tried your method but there are still a lot of things you have changed- I'd like to only change the FX and media windows, right now in the original they have white backgrounds. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JY...c3LnOJmgoA9pu9
What colors should I tweak to only get the menus and windows dark as you have done in yours?
Thanks again

Last edited by jjuhkam; 12-19-2019 at 12:30 AM.
jjuhkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 12:46 AM   #43
Zeno
Human being with feelings
 
Zeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjuhkam View Post
Thank you for responding
I tried your method but there are still a lot of things you have changed- I'd like to only change the FX and media windows, right now in the original they have white backgrounds. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JY...c3LnOJmgoA9pu9
What colors should I tweak to only get the menus and windows dark as you have done in yours?
Thanks again
Uh, that's a lot. These are not only backgrounds, but also text, input fields, gridlines... graphics...
Use theme tweak helper to find the positions.

Last edited by Zeno; 12-19-2019 at 01:09 AM.
Zeno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 05:39 AM   #44
SubbaseDnB
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 381
Default

if i didnt have to modify the windows theme,i would sooo use this
SubbaseDnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 06:40 AM   #45
Zeno
Human being with feelings
 
Zeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubbaseDnB View Post
if i didnt have to modify the windows theme,i would sooo use this
Yeah it's a pity that high sierra chocolate hack and W10 native dark mode don't work here.
You can still use the theme, of course... but the fx window stays white.
Zeno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 07:50 AM   #46
tmmmmm
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
On mac you have to activate dark mode in terminal.
could you elaborate on that? Is there a specific command line that does sth else, than the System Preferences do?
tmmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 02:36 PM   #47
Zeno
Human being with feelings
 
Zeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmmmm View Post
could you elaborate on that? Is there a specific command line that does sth else, than the System Preferences do?
I had removed this hint, because the dark mode only works from mojave on.

It was about the chocolate-hack on High Sierra. But it turned out very quickly that it has no effect on reapers surfaces.
Zeno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 02:55 AM   #48
tmmmmm
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
I had removed this hint, because the dark mode only works from mojave on.

It was about the chocolate-hack on High Sierra. But it turned out very quickly that it has no effect on reapers surfaces.
🙏 thanks for clarifying. Still wondering, as the F/X-Window stays light grey on Mojave, none the less Dark Mode is activated, but that Problem shouldn't be your Theme, i guess.
And also ... thanks for your work!!

edit: I just found this Thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=222366, now everything matches the Dark Mode!
tmmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 06:02 AM   #49
Zeno
Human being with feelings
 
Zeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmmmm View Post
🙏 thanks for clarifying. Still wondering, as the F/X-Window stays light grey on Mojave, none the less Dark Mode is activated, but that Problem shouldn't be your Theme, i guess.
And also ... thanks for your work!!

edit: I just found this Thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=222366, now everything matches the Dark Mode!
Great! Thanks for the link!
I will add it to the main post later.
Zeno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 04:11 PM   #50
georgemickel
Human being with feelings
 
georgemickel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Pewaukee,WI
Posts: 73
Default

Thanks Zeno. It's very kind of you to drop links here and fine tune a Reaper dark mode v6 too. I can't wait to check it out tomorrow.
georgemickel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 12:26 PM   #51
Birdy
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 188
Default

So is there a way to get the dark ReaPlugs and Reaper windows?
I'd like to keep my current theme and only changes those features.
(win 10)
Thanks!
Birdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 05:08 PM   #52
Zeno
Human being with feelings
 
Zeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
So is there a way to get the dark ReaPlugs and Reaper windows?
I'd like to keep my current theme and only changes those features.
(win 10)
Thanks!
No. The colours for plugin surfaces and some other surfaces are determined by W10. Lists, text fields, grids etc are determined by the reapertheme. Changing everything without changing anything is not possible at the moment.
Zeno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 04:42 AM   #53
Birdy
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
No. The colours for plugin surfaces and some other surfaces are determined by W10. Lists, text fields, grids etc are determined by the reapertheme. Changing everything without changing anything is not possible at the moment.
Sorry I wasn’t clear, I was asking if if I can keep my Reaper theme, I don’t mind changing my Windows theme.
Is that still not possible?
Thanks!
Birdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 10:59 AM   #54
Zeno
Human being with feelings
 
Zeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
Sorry I wasn’t clear, I was asking if if I can keep my Reaper theme, I don’t mind changing my Windows theme.
Is that still not possible?
Thanks!
You can use your theme as a base and mod it: change the color of all backgrounds, surfaces, texts, input fields, etc. with theme tweaker.
But the surfaces of the ReaPlugins and some other things stay white. For this you need a special windows theme.
Zeno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:13 PM   #55
arjunned
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4
Default Great theme!

Just wanted say a big thank you for this theme. Has been my main theme since its release.

Here are a few screen grabs I took - https://imgur.com/a/ajyzk9L
arjunned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:31 AM   #56
Zeno
Human being with feelings
 
Zeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunned View Post
Just wanted say a big thank you for this theme. Has been my main theme since its release.

Here are a few screen grabs I took - https://imgur.com/a/ajyzk9L
Nice !
Zeno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 02:02 PM   #57
krahosk
Human being with feelings
 
krahosk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,708
Default

Penumbra doesn't come with corresponding dark icons.
krahosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 02:52 PM   #58
Zeno
Human being with feelings
 
Zeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krahosk View Post
Penumbra doesn't come with corresponding dark icons.
Which icons do you mean exactly?
Zeno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:44 AM   #59
krahosk
Human being with feelings
 
krahosk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
Which icons do you mean exactly?
Sorry Zeno, I was not specific in saying that it does not have to do with Reaper, but with the Windows theme. Those default yellow folder icons. I think I'll buy a theme that includes those.
And thank you for your Reaper theme. It is what I use now!
krahosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM   #60
Zeno
Human being with feelings
 
Zeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krahosk View Post
Sorry Zeno, I was not specific in saying that it does not have to do with Reaper, but with the Windows theme. Those default yellow folder icons. I think I'll buy a theme that includes those.
And thank you for your Reaper theme. It is what I use now!
Yes, I use both the reaper theme and penumbra.
You do not have to buy a theme to get dark items. You can use any dark-itempack that is available on the internet.
Zeno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:39 AM   #61
krahosk
Human being with feelings
 
krahosk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,708
Default

Thank you! I found https://www.windowschimp.com/beautif...10-icon-packs/
krahosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.