Old 04-29-2019, 04:50 AM   #161
Stroudy
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
new update to Region Tracks
It adds the "BEST" option that Stroudy requested
And also adds the ability to use wildcards to position the names where you need on the region name. Ask me anything if you need.

$parent_track and $item_track are self explanatory
$parent_itemis the name of the item on a parent track that starts and ends before and after the item we are processing on the child track. So you could have many items in one track, each one with a different name on the same parent track.

* v2.0pre7 (2019-04-26)
# option to Use Parent Track name or Track name as prefixes is now separated in two options.
+ option for prefixes to use Parent Item instead of Parent Track name.
+ wildcard $parent_item is replaced with Parent Item's text
+ wildcard $parent_track is replaced with parent track's name
+ wildcard $item_track is replaced with item's track name
+ wildcard $seconds is replaced with item's length in seconds.
# fix: crash when moving item out of track in some cases
# fix: minimize/dock/close buttons not visible
Very exciting stuff for me, Heda

I can't get the parent item option working without the using Track Name as Prefix too. i.e. All three Prefix options need to be ticked/on for Parent Item to work at all.

Where to the wildcards go?
Stroudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 05:15 AM   #162
heda

mmm maybe there is something wrong.. I'll check. I tested more with the wildcards way to do it. The wildcards go in the item notes.
I guess I should have included an image to explain it better
you can see here for example, the same wildcard $parent_item is replaced with FXSOUNDS in one item and with VOICES in the other, depending on which item has above it.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 04:22 AM   #163
djabthrash

Default "No Regions/Markers tracks found"

Hi !

A) Region/Tracks script issue :

I just ran the script for the first time in Reaper, and while i have a region and several markers in it in my project, it says "No Regions/Markers tracks found", as seen on the attached screenshot :

Untitled 70_WtfHeDaScript_vLighter.jpg

Am i doing something wrong ?

B) Moving regions (with their (regular) markers, tempo markers, audio and MIDI items) from one project to another :

By the way, my hope when i get this right is to be able to copy a region (which includes tempo markers, (regular) markers, audio and MIDI items) from one project to another, as asked in this old thread :
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=184096

Before trying the Region Tracks HeDa Script route (which was my last hope), i tried :

1) simply selecting my region in my source project and copying it (Ctrl + C) and then pasting it (Ctrl + V) in my target project
-> it didn't work...
I wish it did and i'm surprised i can't, considering :
* we can already copy/paste audio and MIDI items from one project to another
* we can already copy/paste regions (including the region's (regular) markers, tempo markers, audio and MIDI items) within the same project, using control + Drag

2) exporting regions/markers (via the dedicated Reaper action) from my source project, and then importing them (via the dedicated Reaper action) in my target project
-> this works for regions and (regular) markers only, but it doesn't import the tempo markers nor the audio and midi items, and if you copy/paste your tempo markers by copying the tempo envelope points in the master track, then they mess up your (regular) markers' positions, making it impossible to recreate your original region (with its (regular) markers, tempo markers, etc)...

I really need to move a region from one project to the next, and i've been trying for hours, and not being able to do so is driving me insane...

If someone can help me out on point A and/or point B, it would save my day !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled 70_WtfHeDaScript_vLighter.jpg (53.1 KB, 370 views)
djabthrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:38 AM   #164
heda

@djabthrash
the script creates regions from items, it doesn't do anything with tempo markers. You have to copy tempo markers manually from one project to another. Just select the tempo markers in the tempo envelope, CTRL+C and go to the other project, select the tempo envelope and CTRL+V to paste the tempo markers at the cursor edit position.
I don't know if there is a script to copy tempo markers from a region into another project. This would be nice.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:07 AM   #165
Stroudy

Quote:
mmm maybe there is something wrong.. I'll check. I tested more with the wildcards way to do it. The wildcards go in the item notes.
I guess I should have included an image to explain it better
you can see here for example, the same wildcard $parent_item is replaced with FXSOUNDS in one item and with VOICES in the other, depending on which item has above it.
Hey Heda. The reason I don't use the wildcards is mainly because I'm using assets with names that I'd like to use. Copying that name and adding a wildcard to the item notes is just too much friction for my workflow.

$item_name or $take_name might be a useful wildcard though? It would allow the user to create a template wildcard arrangement without having to copy/paste the item name inherited from an import or recording pass.
Old 05-05-2019, 07:31 AM   #166
djabthrash

Quote:
@djabthrash
the script creates regions from items, it doesn't do anything with tempo markers. You have to copy tempo markers manually from one project to another. Just select the tempo markers in the tempo envelope, CTRL+C and go to the other project, select the tempo envelope and CTRL+V to paste the tempo markers at the cursor edit position.
I don't know if there is a script to copy tempo markers from a region into another project. This would be nice.
Thank you for your answer !

As i said before, copying the tempo envelope doesn't work for me because if i try to re-assemble my imported tempo markers with my imported region/(regular) markers, they just mess up with each other instead of aligning the right way to reach the initial state from my source project.
djabthrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:22 PM   #167
heda

Default v2.0pre8 (2019-05-06)

Update:
* v2.0pre8 (2019-05-06)
+ Preference: "Use track mute buttons" (enabled by default uses mute track to activate or deactivate region tracks)
# fix: add parent item prefix without add track prefix
# fix: minimize/dock/close buttons not visible (again)

The minimize icon was not visible... why? Because I forgot to include the pngs in the package twice and I was getting crazy why they were not showing xD.. ok,. now you should be able to minimize, dock or close, from the buttons. Minimize is the most useful one of the three, which will make the script work in the background at low priority until you start the script again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroudy View Post
I can't get the parent item option working without the using Track Name as Prefix too. i.e. All three Prefix options need to be ticked/on for Parent Item to work at all.
it should be fixed now. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
So I wish there could be a way other than mute to not see regions for whatever. Just a hide switch... right?
now if you deactivate the new option, the mute buttons on the tracks have no effect and the buttons on the script window must be used to activate/deactivate region tracks
Old 06-03-2019, 02:01 AM   #168
Stroudy

I've not had a moment to fully go through this, but just wanted to say a big thank you to you.

These updates are not an everyday-use thing, but they'll save hours when the time comes - cheers
Old 06-03-2019, 03:06 AM   #169
Ideosound

Hi,

I’m trying to build a cycle action that will automatically name a selected track to ‘Markers 001’ which is what your script needs a track to be named to run.

However, I can only get my cycle action to rename a track to Markers%001 as if I have a space between ‘Markers’ and 001 I can’t get my cycle action to work.

My question therefore is, is it possible to allow your script to accept characters such as the % symbol?
Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:40 AM   #170
chumbo

It would be fair to mention on your website and here that certain scripts like the one that interested me (Region Tracks) are not free (5€ minimum).

You only find that out AFTER having downloaded and installed your manager script and trying to load that script from the list.
chumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 12:19 PM   #171
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbo View Post
It would be fair to mention on your website and here that certain scripts like the one that interested me (Region Tracks) are not free (5€ minimum).

You only find that out AFTER having downloaded and installed your manager script and trying to load that script from the list.
oh you are right
there is still the first version of the script, but it is named differently "Regions&Markers from Items" which maybe is enough
Old 04-18-2020, 07:56 AM   #172
minhabici

Hey, I have the same problem here:
"No Regions/Markers tracks found"

However, a I have markers and regions in my timeline.
How do I solve this?
minhabici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 05:02 AM   #173
X-Raym

Hi Heda ! I hope you are fine and safe.

I noticed a "bug" with this script,

It seems that region name isn't automatically refresh if the notes is changed via SWS Notes, but it does when changing via the native notes window.

How come ?

Thanks !
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 05:25 PM   #174
heda

Hi X-Raym!!
Yes. Glad to see you. I'm fine too thank you!

I've just tested it and it works for me.
What are you doing? LOL
Old 08-01-2020, 10:19 AM   #175
heda

* v2.0pre9 (2020-08-01)
# fix: performance fix unmuting. Thanks @Thonex

There was a bug affecting performance when hiding(muting) a track.. now it is much quicker. Thank you @Thonex for reporting me this. He works with thousands of items and it was easier to notice than with a few items that I normally use.
Old 12-05-2021, 02:56 PM   #176
McSound

I have an issue, when I mute track in tcp the regarding regions disappear, but unmuting the same track in tcp again doesn't take any effect on its regions, they won't appear back. Muting-unmuting in regions track manager works just fine. I'm doing something wrong?
Edit: Never mind, sorted it out.

Last edited by McSound; 12-26-2021 at 11:22 AM.
McSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 01:23 PM   #177
XenoKeyz

Eyy, this looks really cool! I'm a game composer and I've been contemplating how to manage interactive music, like how to manage composing several versions of the same tune and this looks like a good idea for that. Perhaps I'm overthinking the switch to DP to use its Chunks; still on the fence.
One question I have -- Say you mute the "Structure" track. Do those corresponding regions appear in Reaper's native Region Manager? I still like the idea of using Reaper's Region Manager (unless this script also carries that duty?) in order to navigate clutter, since I write all of a game's tracks in the same session. It's nice to have each track in view to dart straight to them.
Just curious about how this translates to the Region Manager.
XenoKeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 02:23 PM   #178
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoKeyz View Post
Eyy, this looks really cool! I'm a game composer and I've been contemplating how to manage interactive music, like how to manage composing several versions of the same tune and this looks like a good idea for that. Perhaps I'm overthinking the switch to DP to use its Chunks; still on the fence.
One question I have -- Say you mute the "Structure" track. Do those corresponding regions appear in Reaper's native Region Manager? I still like the idea of using Reaper's Region Manager (unless this script also carries that duty?) in order to navigate clutter, since I write all of a game's tracks in the same session. It's nice to have each track in view to dart straight to them.
Just curious about how this translates to the Region Manager.
Yes, the regions are just normal regions and appear in the Region Manager and Region Matrix for rendering

What do you use the native Region Manager for?
Old 02-12-2022, 03:02 AM   #179
lolol

hello,
sorry i'm french and my english is not good.
I have a problem with heda region track VIP.

With midi big project (100 items approximatively).
When i'm in midi editor, all is very slow, 2 seconds to select notes and sometimes the selection doesn't work, zoom is very very slow too. In fact i can't use midi editor with Heda region.
Then when i close heda region track VIP the midi editor is perfect.
When I open again heda region track VIP midi editor is again very very slow.
I have no problem in main windows or other windows, only in midi editor.

In pack Heda, i have installed only heda region track VIP.

Have you a idea ?

Last edited by lolol; 02-12-2022 at 05:45 AM.
lolol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 06:26 AM   #180
heda

no idea... I have tested 1000 items and it works fine in the MIDI editor too.
There is a button "on change" that can change between automatic updating when doing something, or manual refresh. Maybe that can help?
Old 02-13-2022, 05:10 AM   #181
lolol

Hello Heda,

Thank you for your response.
My Computer Windows 10, 64 bits, Intel i7, 32go RAM.

I know now when the lag is comming.
Heda + midi editor (mode open) + one plug-in (depends what plug-in) in insert on a track or master cause lag.
These 3 elements don’t like to be on a same process.

I create a new project
I create a track
I create a midi item and open the midi editor
I open Heda

If i insert one plug-in Rea or one plug-in Js or one plug-in OrilRiver (Denis Tihanov)...on a track or on master, all is OK.
If i insert one plug-in Wave or one plug-in Fabfilter or one plug-in Kontakt 6 on a track or on master, the lag is comming.
If i quit Heda all is ok. Without Heda i have no issue with Reaper with plugins and midi editor.

Solution
--------
The only solution at the moment is to change process of plug-in.
Right click on plug-in and run as separate process, don’t forget Embed bridge UI (important to keep undo/redo).

If i don't do that and if i open Heda, Reaper is unusable because Heda causes a very important lag.

This bug is very very strange.

Last edited by lolol; 02-13-2022 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-16-2022, 05:11 AM   #182
heda

so strange...
but I think it may happen also with any other script.. isn't it? It is not an issue of Region Tracks specifically.

Try changing the setting "allow on tracks with open MIDI editors" in the Audio/Buffering page of REAPER preferences and see if it makes any difference. It is strange indeed. Scripts only use one thread.. maybe all plugins and midi editor and scripts are trying to use the same thread. But I have never seen this problem.
Old 02-16-2022, 02:06 PM   #183
lolol

Thank you for your response, i see, you undestand my issue.
I tried your solution, it didn't work.

I have 29 vsti and i have issue with only 5
i have 15 vst and i have issue with only 2

So issue on 7 effects.
And the others (37 effects) are perfect with heda and midi editor, it's not necessary to separate process.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:59 AM   #184
lolol

Hi, i have another problem with Heda region track VIP.

When i open 2 projects tabs and i use Heda in this 2 projetcs.
Heda mixes the 2 projects as if there was only one heda for 2 different projects.
Heda behaves inconsistently, he doesn't work when 2 project are open.

Have you this problem and/or have you a solution ?

Thank you.

Last edited by lolol; 03-02-2022 at 03:34 AM.
Old 03-02-2022, 05:58 AM   #185
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolol View Post
Hi, i have another problem with Heda region track VIP.

When i open 2 projects tabs and i use Heda in this 2 projetcs.
Heda mixes the 2 projects as if there was only one heda for 2 different projects.
Heda behaves inconsistently, he doesn't work when 2 project are open.

Have you this problem and/or have you a solution ?

Thank you.
Can you show a video of the issue? I don't know what could it be. For me it works well with different project tabs.
Old 04-22-2022, 02:11 PM   #186
acebone

Hi!

I am currently doing research that involves a lot of real life recordings of conversations

Region tracks is just so powerful for this purpose, because it let's me curate the hours of raw "tape" I have, and in a way that let's me navigate it.

I have a couple of light requests:

1: Some way of excluding items from creating regions. Could just be "if the name starts with an exclamation mark" or something like that.

2: an option to not let item-notes title the regions.

There's a great workflow in cutting a recording into items and naming them after their content, you just hit F2, type the new name and hit "enter". The same is not the case with the item-notes. This means that I am not using item notes, but I'd really like to. I could write any metadata I need (date, persons etc) in the item-notes before I started cutting it up - so later on when I copy an item into an edit in another project, I could still easily see when, where and with whom it was recorded.
acebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 10:47 AM   #187
FearinLoathin

You guys are just brilliant. In. Awe.
FearinLoathin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 05:44 PM   #188
jonnyjupiter

This is a really awesome concept heda, just stumbling on this now - thank you for creating this!

What would be amazing is for a way to convert take markers to project markers in a similar way. As a composer I have to rely on take markers since project markers can't be locked to smpte code, but it's not ideal that I can't always see my markers depending on where my window is scrolled to.

I'm just taking baby steps into scripting at this point but maybe it's something I'll try to attempt in the future inspired by your code for this... thanks for the inspiration!
Old 06-06-2022, 06:17 AM   #189
heda

When this script was created, take markers didn't exist.
The script is named Region Tracks but now it can also create markers if desired. so you can have a marker for each item in the track. and lock those items to time. I can try to make a gif later to show you how I lock markers.
Old 06-06-2022, 09:29 AM   #190
jonnyjupiter

Quote:
When this script was created, take markers didn't exist.
The script is named Region Tracks but now it can also create markers if desired. so you can have a marker for each item in the track. and lock those items to time. I can try to make a gif later to show you how I lock markers.
Thanks heda! The extension to markers is a really useful feature. A gif to demonstrate would be great but no rush at all, much appreciated.
Old 06-07-2022, 12:45 AM   #191
odedd

First of all, great script! Thank you so much heda

I think I found a bug -
Muting an item and then un-muting it does not restore the RRM assignments (muting a track does).
Here's a gif showing this:

(This is in the VIP v2.0pre9 version)
odedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 12:17 PM   #192
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by odedd View Post
First of all, great script! Thank you so much heda

I think I found a bug -
Muting an item and then un-muting it does not restore the RRM assignments (muting a track does).
(This is in the VIP v2.0pre9 version)
thank you I'll have a look at this

edit:

ah ok... it should restore the RRM if you enable "Save RRM of deleted items" in preferences.

Last edited by heda; 06-11-2022 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-11-2022, 12:32 PM   #193
heda

about locking the markers to a timecode:

the idea is just to use the items and let the REGION TRACKS script create the markers from the items. but how to lock the items? Setting the track to time timebase and with TRACK INSPECTOR VERSIONS script which allows to lock the track contents to any edit.

check this small video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgVManzcUXI

Last edited by heda; 06-11-2022 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-13-2022, 04:19 PM   #194
jonnyjupiter

Quote:
about locking the markers to a timecode:

the idea is just to use the items and let the REGION TRACKS script create the markers from the items. but how to lock the items? Setting the track to time timebase and with TRACK INSPECTOR VERSIONS script which allows to lock the track contents to any edit.

check this small video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgVManzcUXI
thanks for this video heda, very helpful!
Old 06-14-2022, 10:07 AM   #195
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyjupiter View Post
thanks for this video heda, very helpful!
You're welcome. Now that I have the YouTube channel, let's see if I can find time to make some real videos

Let me know if you have any other question or issues.
Old 06-16-2022, 09:09 AM   #196
acebone

Hi Heda

I don't know if you noticed my request, but I'd really like to see an option for item notes not being used as the region-title?

Is it possible?
acebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 10:05 AM   #197
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by acebone View Post
Hi Heda

I don't know if you noticed my request, but I'd really like to see an option for item notes not being used as the region-title?

Is it possible?
sorry.. I forgot...
I can add an option to ignore item notes

to avoid some items to create regions, I would suggest moving the item to a child track that is not handled by Region Tracks. Muting the item would also do that but you may not want to mute them.
Old 08-24-2022, 11:49 AM   #198
McSound

It doesn't remember tracks per project. Every time I load a project Region Tracks is blank though I added tracks to it and save that project last time. I dont remember when it started.
PS. Maybe that's because my subscribe plan is ended?
Old 09-08-2022, 05:29 PM   #199
McSound

Bump! Heda, are you here? Please answer!
Old 09-09-2022, 03:12 AM   #200
heda

oops.. sorry...
I have no idea why it wouldn't save the region tracks in the project.. Normally it should do it. I've never seen this issue or anyone else mentioning it :/
There is no subscription. once you have one version, it is forever.