Old 08-13-2016, 01:23 AM   #761
Liquid Fusion
Human being with feelings

Bore? Never!!

Long time Adobe Audition user here - from CEP to AA 3.01. Never bought the latest AA / purchase release - now 64 bit Audition is subscription only. What version of Audition do you use most / like best? Do you use the subscription 64 bit software? If you're using 32 bit software, do you mind using 32 bit plugins? Wav Plugins - Abbey Road Studios - eq / reverb plates / Redd Mixing desks / J47 reel - will quality be less at 32 bit?

BTW you're a great musician as well as creator of software!!!

Just a thought - you're really missing out on making great recordings not using Reaper64. Use AA to Adjust Fade ins/outs - spectral / waveform.
Liquid Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 01:37 AM   #762
Liquid Fusion

Thinking I might need AA Translator: I'm using Reaper more: alot of my older work is with Audition CEP to AA 3.01. Any remixing I might want to do w/plugins in Reaper requires .ses to .rpp conversion. Further, I'd like to prepare a session in Audition / Reaper and export it for people I know who use PT. 200.00 for PT use is out of my range. See sales ideas for users #####

Do you need any beta testers for Audition (CEP to AA 3.01) to Reaper?

//////////////////////////////////////

HOW TO SELL AA TRANSLATOR *****

Push this great opportunity / reason to buy AA translator to: TV / Radio Stations / Recording Studios (Commercial and University): Move your audio archive so you can remix / master with plugins!!

Like Reaper, have one price for commercial work - with a cap on profit made that will determine if the user must buy the more expensive license; a reduced price for University blanket license work; and a small user license price for individuals (Honor System: making it clear profit using your software must be less than X). #####

Partner with all Major DAWS and give them a cut of your sales. Be a recommended option on their sales site: a key reason for them to attract new users, and a way for new users to easily convert to their new software. With musicians switching back and forth, you've already seen this need for conversion from one DAW to another.

Good Luck with Investors!!! Get Justin @ Reaper to work with you. That's amazing advertising right there. Think of all the audio companies / investor's following him globally? Actually, he already has worked with you - writing an elegant script to convert 2000 CEP (32bit) to 2016 Reaper 64 - flawlessly. Contact him. You code - see what he's done / Thank him!! Get to know him - he's a very smart / great person. So are you. Says it all. Win-Win!!!

Look at Reaper forums: Lots of top end radio / film people are moving to Reaper. Low cost. No subscription. Quality software. People who created Reaper care about it like Syntrillium - remember them? Syntrillium Software was founded in the early 1990s by Robert Ellison and David Johnston, both former Microsoft employees. Today, Reaper is taking off while Audition (now owned by Adobe) is bravely trudging roads in life looking for destiny.

You might want to create a forum - like Audiomasters - with a section for Audition to Reaper users.

How'd that drum session at 9:30 am work out with finishing coding at 5:00 am? Grab coffee / get to work Life and times of a software genius / super talented musician!! Hope all is going well. Keep rocking!!!

Note - no formal sales exp / keep hearing from musician friends busking in Europe - Push!! Push!! Push!!! *****

Last edited by Liquid Fusion; 08-13-2016 at 02:34 AM.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:45 AM   #763
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Fusion View Post
Bore? Never!!

Long time Adobe Audition user here - from CEP to AA 3.01. Never bought the latest AA / purchase release - now 64 bit Audition is subscription only. What version of Audition do you use most / like best? Do you use the subscription 64 bit software? If you're using 32 bit software, do you mind using 32 bit plugins? Wav Plugins - Abbey Road Studios - eq / reverb plates / Redd Mixing desks / J47 reel - will quality be less at 32 bit?

BTW you're a great musician as well as creator of software!!!

Just a thought - you're really missing out on making great recordings not using Reaper64. Use AA to Adjust Fade ins/outs - spectral / waveform.
I use the latest Au 64bit and that is the the best, fastest, etc version (and I have them all).

I have some wav plugins but I rarely if ever use them - I just don't particularly like them. I use a couple of 32bit free plugins (a reverb and a delay) but I don't use many plugins other than a compressor or two, a parametric, Steve Slate Trigger2, Amplitude and a couple of others.

I'm a reasonable bass player (I have an album coming out on vinyl in October) but I stopped playing live about 10 years ago and don't miss it at all. My time is spent making other people sound great, doing live sound for tribute shows and writing software.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:09 AM   #764
Runaway

Quote:
Thinking I might need AA Translator: I'm using Reaper more: alot of my older work is with Audition CEP to AA 3.01. Any remixing I might want to do w/plugins in Reaper requires .ses to .rpp conversion. Further, I'd like to prepare a session in Audition / Reaper and export it for people I know who use PT. 200.00 for PT use is out of my range.
Just give them stems - that's all they need to do the mix

Quote:
Do you need any beta testers for Audition (CEP to AA 3.01) to Reaper?
I'm pretty well covered - thanks ;-)

Quote:
HOW TO SELL AA TRANSLATOR *****
Thanks for the suggestions ;-)
However, my business model is very simple.
I have a price I think the product is worth to me to sell it at.
If someone agrees that that price works for them then they buy it - if they don't then they don't.
If they purchased 6 years ago then they got it even cheaper and they have received 6 years of free updates and total commitment to user support. The sooner one buys the better value it is ;-)

Without hopefully sounding like a dick I have had lots of discussions with all sorts of people and daws and been offered both large and small amounts for all sorts of things but for now I'm quite happy the way things are ;-)

Quote:
How'd that drum session at 9:30 am work out with finishing coding at 5:00 am? Grab coffee / get to work Life and times of a software genius / super talented musician!! Hope all is going well. Keep rocking!!!
Today was more like...
Fix the neighbour's wifi
Fix the other neighbour's CCTV cameras
Finish of editing 2 vocal tracks
Put the finishing touches to a mix
Load the PA and lighting gear into the truck
Load in and setup at the venue
Do FOH for a tribute show
Pull down and bump out
Unload the truck
Contemplate a coffee while replying to this post and wonder why I have spent this long on a single post ;-)
Spend a couple of hours fixing some issues in the latest AAT beta
Crash for the night

Cheers

BTW Neither software genius nor super talented musician but more like everyone else on this forum doing what they do the best they can ;-)
Old 08-13-2016, 11:16 AM   #765
Liquid Fusion

Hi. Credit to your working and getting things done in the real world.

Creative cloud
- Single App - US$239.88/yr - after 10 years = US$2398.80 (buys a nice small speedboat/80's Fender P Bass)
- 2 Apps - US$479.76/yr - after 10 years = US$4797.6 (buys a nice small sailboat/guitar amps/guitars) ******
- All Apps - US$599.88/yr - after 10 years = US$5998.8 (buys a small piece of land in New Zealand)

****** Adobe Audition / Premiere Pro

After 10 years, you're paying US $2398.8 for the use of one app, US $4797.6 for 2 apps. In 10 years you might upgrade 5X: say $US 250.00 - initial cost of software + $US 100.00 / upgrade = $US 250.00 + $US 500.00 = $US 750.00. If Adobe CC licensing ever shuts down, perpetual licensed pdts keep you going without interruption. If CC works for you, and you're making $$$$, all the best. At the very least, it's a tax write off.

Last edited by Liquid Fusion; 08-20-2016 at 01:24 AM.
Old 08-13-2016, 04:41 PM   #766
Runaway

Quote:
Hi. Credit to your working and getting things done in the real world.

Creative cloud
- Single App - US$239.88/yr - after 10 years = US$2398.80 (buys a nice small speedboat/80's Fender P Bass)
- 2 Apps - US$479.76/yr - after 10 years = US$4797.6 (buys a nice small sailboat/guitar amps/guitars) ******
- All Apps - US$599.88/yr - after 10 years = US$5998.8 (buys a small piece of land in New Zealand)

****** Adobe Audition / Premiere Pro

After 10 years, you're paying US $2398.8 for the use of one app, US $4797.6 for 2 apps. In 10 years you might upgrade 5X: say $US 250.00 - initial cost of software + $US 100.00 / upgrade = $US 250.00 + $US 500.00 = $US 750.00. If Adobe CC licensing ever shuts down, perpetual licensed pdts keep you going without interruption. If CC works for you, and you're making $$$$, all the best. At the very least, it's a tax write off.
What you say is true BUT it always comes down to what is the software worth to you (or in this case me) and you can't look at things in isolation. If I happen to be purchasing the entire Adobe suite the pricing is different and if I happen to use most of the suite its even better plus as you say it is tax deductible.
Would I prefer to get the suite for the price of Reaper - hell yeah but that is not an option LOL

Cheers
Old 10-20-2016, 04:54 AM   #767
Runaway

Gearing up for another big AATranslator release.

Lots of behind the scenes stuff but this list should give you an idea of what to expect in version 6.3.0

* AAF Export: Fixed bug which could cause an invalid AAF to be created
* AAF Import: Now delete extracted split mono files from embedded Avid MC AAFs which are converted to stereo when internal MC AAF stereo track flag is set.
* ADL Import: Added support for Dalet multitrack sessions
* AES31/ADL Export: If audio from an embedded OMF or AAF needs to be converted to a BWF wav then the superfluous extracted audio will now be deleted
* ALS Export: Fixed issue with extended ascii characters in marker names
* Auria PRJ Import: Now updated to reflect v1.6 (Auria Pro)
* Capture Export: Fixed error in clip values due to insufficient decimal places used in calculations
* Capture Export: Fixed issues with some filenames which could cause a corrupt file
* Capture Import: Fixed a number of issues with capture files from Macs
* Cubase XML Export: Fixed issues with some clip/region names which could cause a corrupt file
* EDL Import: Fixed issue with CMX3600 EDLs where track volume automation was ignored
* FCP XML Export: Poly wav files no longer required to be split
* Fixed error converting M2T or MP3 to BWF when converting to AES31, OpenTL, OMF, SAW or FCP XML and the 'overwrite' option was not selected
* NHSX Import: Improved handling of Hindenburg session files
* Nuendo XML Export: Fixed issues with some clip/region names which could cause a corrupt file
* OMF Export: Fixed bug which could cause an invalid OMF to be created
* PRS Import: Fixed issue with v5.3.1 not referencing the correct media
* PTF Import: Fixed session offset error where timecode is 23.976
* PTX Import: Fixed session offset error where timecode is 23.976
* Pyramix XML Import: Added v10 changes to read video details
* RPP Export: Removed Null characters from track names
* RPP Import: Fix for when a clip's audio start time causes the clip to loop
* Sesx Export: Fixed issues with keyframes showing scientific notation
* Sesx Export: Fixed Show/Hide unused tracks
* Song Export: Now support writing Presonus Studio One session format
* Song Import: Now support reading Presonus Studio One session format
* Added functionality to automatically send all output (session file & media) to a zip file
* Added import/export scripts for Vegas version 14
* Suppressed system messages when importing AAF and exporting Vegas TXT using the command line

Lots of documentation to be updated and a bit more testing but hopefully we should be good to go in a few weeks
Old 12-18-2016, 02:05 AM   #768
Runaway

I was hoping to get the next version out for xmas but still haven't finished adding some things and we have a few other small issues to sort out so don't look under the tree for AAT this year ;-)

BTW This article was just brought to my attention - it's always good to get a mention
http://www.thebeachhousestudios.com/...tion-overview/
Old 12-18-2016, 02:00 PM   #769
hopi

no worries Mike.... Xmas is overrated anyway....

the slower we go the faster we get there
Old 12-18-2016, 05:16 PM   #770
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Its been xmass everyday since you first made AATranslator. One less GIANT hassle
Old 12-19-2016, 03:35 AM   #771
Runaway

[QUOTE=hopi;1771510]no worries Mike.... Xmas is overrated anyway.... /QUOTE]
LOL
Old 12-19-2016, 03:35 AM   #772
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
Its been xmass everyday since you first made AATranslator. One less GIANT hassle
Thanks mate
Old 02-13-2017, 12:00 PM   #773
zookthespook

i just imported an ALS file to reaper... imported like a charm !
is it possible to read the warp tabs of abelton to stretch markers in reaper !
that would be a big one !
absolutely loving this product
thank you
sameer
zookthespook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 12:41 PM   #774
Runaway

Just email me directly and we will see what we can do
info at aatranslator dot com dot au
Old 02-13-2017, 03:14 PM   #775
zookthespook

Dunn !
thank you
zookthespook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:29 PM   #776
Runaway

Currently delaying the next release as we are working on a PTX export - one of the most complex things we have done to date.
In the meantime any users who need our new native Studio One export and other features and improvements are free to contact me to get access to our latest beta release.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:44 AM   #777
citizenkeith

I'm going to start on some Logic exports today... how has your development been with Logic X AAF? I recall you saying they are a beast to work on.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:32 AM   #778
Runaway

Logic does some things which are quite frankly illogical. The best thing to do is to send me (via dropbox/wetransfer or contact me for ftp details) a reference AAF and an embedded AAF and I will send you back the conversion and you can judge the results for yourself.

info at aatranslator dot com dot au

2:30am and pi$$ing down here so its time for a snooze
Old 04-04-2017, 07:32 AM   #779
Mercado_Negro

Michael, I just tried to convert a PTX from PT 12.3.1 with AAT 6.1.1 and it says it's not supported. Are you planning to support this in 6.3?
Old 04-04-2017, 07:37 AM   #780
Runaway

Already have it covered - it will be in our next release.
Email or PM me and I will send you a link to our latest beta version
Old 04-04-2017, 11:11 AM   #781
hopi

just saying howdy and g'day to ya Mike... yer da best mate... keep 'em coming
Old 04-12-2017, 04:50 AM   #782
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
just saying howdy and g'day to ya Mike... yer da best mate... keep 'em coming
You are good man Hopi.

Well we certainly will keep them coming. We have been holding back the next release of AAT while we worked feverishly on adding PTX export to our list of supported formats.

While I am pleased to say that we have now reached a point where we are making conversions to PTX it is still early days with a lot more work to be done. Because of this we probably won't hold up the next release too much longer. We will get v6.3 out soon and clear the decks in order to fine tune our PTX export functionality and get that into the following release.

Just when you thought it was safe to get back in the pool...... ;-)
Old 04-12-2017, 05:03 AM   #783
Runaway

I need a break from PT so a little something to sidetrack things......

A review of a vinyl single that got released over xmas
http://www.i94bar.com/singles-bar/su...tercup-records

I worked for 18 months auditioning, editing and mixing audio we recorded in 1984 on 2" tape. The album which will be released in 14 days on Buttercup Records.

This was the promo video also released in December
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo7Ldgm2yYM

Now back to work on PTX ;-)
Old 04-30-2017, 07:37 AM   #784
The Byre

Any plans for being able to read and write DaVinci-Resolve projects, not that MBD has up-graded the programme massively?
The Byre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:22 AM   #785
Runaway

We are currently up to our armpits in working on PTX export as well as trying to get the next version of AAT out the door.

As I recall Resolve currently imports & exports AAF, XML, FCPXML & EDL so Resolve is not really a priority for us right now. However, we will be looking at it but at this point I really can't say when.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:07 AM   #786
The Byre

Thanks - I should have written "now that BMD has massively . . ."
Old 05-01-2017, 02:26 AM   #787
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Byre View Post
Thanks - I should have written "now that BMD has massively . . ."
I thought you were writing in code for security reasons LOL
Old 05-02-2017, 03:51 AM   #788
The Byre

Yer, I'm working under cover of stupidity. So far, my cover has not been broken!

BMD have just launched a whole new version of DaVinci with all kinds of interesting networking tools (I put in a request for similar tools for Reaper over at the FR forum) and it's beginning to look as if we shall be working in DaVinci and possibly Hit-Film with Reaper for audio. But as VaVinci puts out XML and EDL, maybe the need for conversion is limited.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:13 AM   #789
Runaway

Quote:
Yer, I'm working under cover of stupidity. So far, my cover has not been broken!
LOL

Quote:
BMD have just launched a whole new version of DaVinci with all kinds of interesting networking tools (I put in a request for similar tools for Reaper over at the FR forum) and it's beginning to look as if we shall be working in DaVinci and possibly Hit-Film with Reaper for audio. But as VaVinci puts out XML and EDL, maybe the need for conversion is limited.
We've been watching and yes very interesting.
And while it would be good is you say the need is limited so our priorities are currently elsewhere.

Thanks for the heads up
Old 05-14-2017, 04:19 AM   #790
Runaway

Absolute massive headway in the creation of PTX sessions from AAT.

Got the encryption down pat, adding any number of tracks and clips as well as all the session details like BPM, etc.

Still have to work on fades and automation which will be difficult specially the fades but luckily I have a few tricks up my (t-shirt) sleeve.

I am so tempted to take the night off and get whiskey legless - though I should probably save it for another night and keep going while I'm making good progress ;-)
Old 05-14-2017, 11:04 AM   #791
hopi

younger women, faster horses, stronger whiskey

PS: borrowed money
Old 05-16-2017, 08:25 AM   #792
Runaway

Currently spitting out PTX sessions like chips.
Now just need to add fades & automation.

This one will be a game changer ;-)
Old 05-19-2017, 09:13 PM   #793
Runaway

Three bloody days working on getting clip gain to display!
Finally nailed it.
It gets clearer every day why there are so many reasons to hate Avid ;-)
Old 05-19-2017, 11:00 PM   #794
Runaway

I'd already cracked the writing of clip envelopes so that's now in there - time for a well earned whiskey break and then on to track automation (vol, pan & mute) and then the big one - stereo media ;-)
Old 05-20-2017, 08:20 AM   #795
hopi

so hey... can you post the current number of reasons to hate AVID?
I want to see if my hate list is up to date or if I have missed anything
Old 05-20-2017, 08:42 AM   #796
peter5992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runaway View Post
Three bloody days working on getting clip gain to display!
Finally nailed it.
It gets clearer every day why there are so many reasons to hate Avid ;-)
Avid love their proprietary formats ....

The world will be grateful though, and all the hard work will hopefully pay off (literally and metaphorically).
peter5992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:01 AM   #797
plush2

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter5992 View Post
Avid love their proprietary formats ....
How to make an Avid 'standard'
  1. Obfuscate the design as much as possible
  2. Don't openly publish all the format details
  3. Require a license for use
  4. Binary encrypt the resulting file.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:38 PM   #798
Runaway

That pretty much sums it up LOL

Well apart from dealing with stereo media its all done and dusted and being tested unmercifully ;-)

Sometimes I even impress myself LOL
Old 05-20-2017, 10:42 PM   #799
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter5992 View Post
The world will be grateful though, and all the hard work will hopefully pay off (literally and metaphorically).
Even though I have been advised not to we will still be providing this as part of our ongoing free updates - so the pay off is really to those who have been supporting AAT from the start ;-)
Old 05-20-2017, 10:55 PM   #800
peter5992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runaway View Post
Even though I have been advised not to we will still be providing this as part of our ongoing free updates - so the pay off is really to those who have been supporting AAT from the start ;-)
Well I am one of the early believers, and you saved my ass on at least one very memorable occasion (Sundance Composer Lab, at Skywalker Sound, last year). PT crapped out on me - actually iLok did - but Reaper came to the rescue, and thanks to AA Translator I was able to convert PT sessions to Reaper sessions with no drama.

That's one of those moments I'll never forget.
peter5992 is offline   Reply With Quote