Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 02-07-2018, 01:01 PM   #1
psyberscenic
Human being with feelings

Default Vertical Arrangement view with flexible background source

I've been searching and searching for components for this but have come up with nothing. Here is my idea:

Instead of having the typical, left-to-right arrangement view, I was thinking it would be way cool to have a different system where the arrangement view is vertical and plays from the bottom, up.

Coupled with this, I was thinking that you could have a flexible background source, such as the spectrogram from your favorite eq or something, playing in real-time, along with the progress of your track--the background would be flexible and could be set to stereo depth, or some other cool link to one of your favorite plugins.

The benefits of this I think would be great, obviously lol; but, primarily because it gives you the flexibility to actually listen to your work as you would listen to it if you were just listening to one of your favorite tracks on your headphones--or at least a model closer to that.

The other benefit of being able to manipulate how you view the arrangement view would be to get a really good toolkit for changing your mental perspective on your project. It may sound like a lot of extra, non-essential stuff, but I know that, for me, changing my perspective like that really helps my workflow and overall, quality of life when producing.

**As a note...I'm happy to start working on this actually--as a theme or something to that effect. (I'm currently working on a different project at the moment and would just have to get started with programming in Reaper. Lots of projects at the moment haha.)**

Any thoughts on this are always welcomed .

Take it easy.
psyberscenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:03 PM   #2
EvilDragon

That totally goes against the way stuff is edited on a timeline (which are pretty much always HORIZONTAL).
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 04:16 PM   #3
ChristopherT

Turn your monitor on it's edge.
Solved
ChristopherT is offline   Reply With Quote