Old 03-30-2020, 02:38 PM   #1
jgnelson
Human being with feelings

Default Memo on Tracks

I do understand you can comments in the track window where the WAV files reside, but I would like to add little notes to the tracks along the bottom somehow. example if I record a keyboard track, I would like be able to input the keyboard setting on that specific track, and hover over it with the mouse pointer and it show me my short notes. I looked in the manual and did not see it. but would like to add this feature to the wish list.

Geary Nelson
jgnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:45 PM   #2
bigjoe

Hello,
You can do this using SWS Extension.
First, you go on https://sws-extension.org and download the extension and install it.
Then you open reaper and you can use the function "Notes" in the Extensions menù at the top.
Here you can setup notes for different things such as tracks, regions, project, items ecc...
Every time you change a selection the Notes window will show you notes relative to the selectded element for the selected mode.
You can also Lock Notes to avoid unwanted changes and of course you can dock the window anywhere
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:29 AM   #3
jgnelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
Hello,
You can do this using SWS Extension.
First, you go on https://sws-extension.org and download the extension and install it.
Then you open reaper and you can use the function "Notes" in the Extensions menù at the top.
Here you can setup notes for different things such as tracks, regions, project, items ecc...
Every time you change a selection the Notes window will show you notes relative to the selectded element for the selected mode.
You can also Lock Notes to avoid unwanted changes and of course you can dock the window anywhere
thank you
jgnelson is offline   Reply With Quote