Old 12-28-2019, 10:18 AM   #1
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Default New Song - 404

The newest musical adventure, featuring my excellent friend and virtuoso keyboard/guitar player Polymod (Larry Benigno) on guitar solos/sprinkles. Recorded and mixed in REAPER 6 for Linux.

I'm on bass, drums, guitar, keys, and vocals.

The song is titled "404" at:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/son...ongID=13966369
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 11:16 AM   #2
toleolu

You getting ready for the big game Glennbo?

Thinking I might be headed your way late spring, early summer, depends on my brother's schedule. Be great to swing by and check things out.
toleolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 12:49 PM   #3
Jeffsounds

Pretty cool tune! It has a 60s psychedelic rock vibe. I didn't really hear anything out of place on first listen.
Old 12-28-2019, 03:22 PM   #4
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post

"Not Found"
But "Play This" does work

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:08 AM   #5
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by toleolu View Post
You getting ready for the big game Glennbo?

Thinking I might be headed your way late spring, early summer, depends on my brother's schedule. Be great to swing by and check things out.
I'm actually not a football fan, even though I live in OU country. Must have been from being tackled at 9 years old and having my collar bone broken by the knee of a football fan kid in school. :/

OTOH, my neighbor across the street who's a liquor distributor was having a huge party with at least 25 big OU fans, and just like the lyrics in my song about neighbors hanging out on the lawn and partying all night long, we did exactly that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsounds View Post
Pretty cool tune! It has a 60s psychedelic rock vibe. I didn't really hear anything out of place on first listen.
Thanks Jeff. I probably mixed it fifty times before finally running it up the flag pole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
"Not Found"
But "Play This" does work

-Michael
Hehe, my eeevile plan has worked! I thought it would be funny to name a song 404 and use artwork that looks like a 404 error.

Last edited by Glennbo; 02-06-2020 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:34 AM   #6
toleolu

Quote:

OTOH, my neighbor across the street who's a liquor distributor was having a huge party with at least 25 big OU fans, and just like the lyrics in my song about neighbors hanging out on the lawn and partying all night long, we did exactly that!
Doubt there was much partying going on after the 1st qtr. An ass whipping of biblical proportions!!!

Oh, by the way, really good song. The 404 thing on SoundClick was a nice touch too.
toleolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 11:23 AM   #7
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by toleolu View Post
Doubt there was much partying going on after the 1st qtr. An ass whipping of biblical proportions!!!

Oh, by the way, really good song. The 404 thing on SoundClick was a nice touch too.
Thanks toleolu!

When I first went over there with my next door neighbor the mood was pretty glum, but since our neighbor across the street is a liquor distributor, and about 25 of the 30 or so people at the party were liquor store owners who are his customer base, well they got happier and happier as we partied all night long!

Oh, and at the party I noticed that it sounded exactly like the sound FX with a beer opening, pouring, and party sounds that I dubbed in over the solo section in the song.

Last edited by Glennbo; 12-29-2019 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-29-2019, 06:40 PM   #8
Stinger

Great party song - in fact, am I detecting a party in the background around mid -song?

Silly me - I thought a song named 404 was going to be about Atlanta (404 was the original Atlanta telephone area code). But I like your 404 Error idea.....fooled me too, for a minute.

Oops....just saw your note above about the dubbed-in party sounds - so it wasn't my ears playing tricks on me after all.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 12:16 AM   #9
Tod

Quote:
I'm on bass, drums, guitar, keys, and vocals.
Great Gennbo, really sounds great. Ha ha, so you're wearing a lot of hats and they all seem to fit.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:19 AM   #10
mschnell

Quote:
my eeevile plan has worked!
You indeed got me

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 08:49 AM   #11
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Great party song - in fact, am I detecting a party in the background around mid -song?

Silly me - I thought a song named 404 was going to be about Atlanta (404 was the original Atlanta telephone area code). But I like your 404 Error idea.....fooled me too, for a minute.

Oops....just saw your note above about the dubbed-in party sounds - so it wasn't my ears playing tricks on me after all.
Thanks Stinger. The guitar player doing the solo in that spot told me to crank the party noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Great Gennbo, really sounds great. Ha ha, so you're wearing a lot of hats and they all seem to fit.
Thanks Tod! Playing drums was my only job for almost 15 years, but I bought a Yamaha FG160 guitar in 1975 and after that I couldn't stop buying and trying to learn how to play other instruments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
You indeed got me

-Michael
Don't feel bad Michael, my sister who's a college professor said she backed out of the page and tried clicking my link again, thinking something went wrong!
Old 12-30-2019, 06:09 PM   #12
Tod

Quote:
TDon't feel bad Michael, my sister who's a college professor said she backed out of the page and tried clicking my link again, thinking something went wrong!
so did I...
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote