Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 02-09-2020, 06:48 AM   #6441
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dberman View Post

I tried 7bit and 14 bit on the fader with the same results. From your example,that looks more like the pitch bend values than the midi notes.
I had a quick look at the X-Touch One manual and my best guess for the fader would be:

Code:
Widget Fader1
	Fader14Bit e0 7F 7F
	FB_Fader14Bit e0 7F 7F
WidgetEnd
This is the standard Mackie Fader definition. You're right, in the regular MIDI world this would be a pitch bend command. Each fader (up to 9 on an MCU) uses a different channel (so e0, e1 etc) They chose the pitchbend command because of its higher resolution of 16384 steps over 7bit's 128.

Regarding the jitters, are you sure that you only have CSI active in the Control/OSC/Web prefs and that the X-Touch One is disabled in MIDI devices?

Looking at the various X-Touch One modes, I'd probably go for the factory default of Mackie Control Mode (MCStd on the LCD) Then at least you know that the assignments haven't been altered. You might have to revisit your .mst, but it'll be a better place to start from.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:34 AM   #6442
UNdark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
And just to give my 2 cents i would listen to funkybot before me . Hes much better at this then i
Good News!
Track toggle now shows Fx and a test plugin works. Pan/width now works correctly. Send works correctly.

I deleted the fx 1-4 as for now, i'll continue using midi from the sl25. That's how i lost the sends -
Long story short - whatever was at the bottom of the page worked when i moved it up the zones.
Probably makes sense to those who know, but the mst's that didn't work for me with the above actions, do work if i shift them round and save.
Now have 8 fx sends (thanks mixmonkey) to toggle with track button
This order isn't the same as my home list order and didn't seem to play a part. Even now if i copy"sends"(delete from original position) to the bottom of the page i loose them, paste them back higher up - got them again. Fx send 1-4 did the same - copy and shift up the page worked..

Thanks for your time
UNdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 12:32 PM   #6443
Dberman

Quote:
This is the standard Mackie Fader definition. You're right, in the regular MIDI world this would be a pitch bend command. Each fader (up to 9 on an MCU) uses a different channel (so e0, e1 etc) They chose the pitchbend command because of its higher resolution of 16384 steps over 7bit's 128.

Regarding the jitters, are you sure that you only have CSI active in the Control/OSC/Web prefs and that the X-Touch One is disabled in MIDI devices?

Looking at the various X-Touch One modes, I'd probably go for the factory default of Mackie Control Mode (MCStd on the LCD) Then at least you know that the assignments haven't been altered. You might have to revisit your .mst, but it'll be a better place to start from.
Thanks again, MixMonkey. I changed the midi note definition for the fader, and it will control the master fader while the Select Track button is on, but won't control any tracks. I think there is probably something in my zone file that needs to change, since I moved some actions around trying to make them work.

I have been working in MC User mode. I tried Standard, and I get more buttons behaving correctly in that mode. However, I'm going to look at all my addresses in standard and see if anything changes.
Dberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 01:09 PM   #6444
Funkybot

Quote:
Thanks again, MixMonkey. I changed the midi note definition for the fader, and it will control the master fader while the Select Track button is on, but won't control any tracks. I think there is probably something in my zone file that needs to change, since I moved some actions around trying to make them work.
1. Now that you're getting closer, post your most recent .zon if you'd like some help with the fader configuration.

Quote:
I have been working in MC User mode. I tried Standard, and I get more buttons behaving correctly in that mode. However, I'm going to look at all my addresses in standard and see if anything changes.
2. Remember, CSI is completely configurable. So while MCU Standard mode may require more manual setup, there's no reason you couldn't make all those buttons work however you'd like. The process is the same: find the MIDI address for the button, create/configure a widget for it in the .mst, define what you want that button to do in the .zon file.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 01:14 PM   #6445
MalcolmG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
I don't think it's you chap, none of us have been able to get the latest build to work (on either platform)

Haha, my timing is impeccable as always.

Thanks for the tip. I'll roll back and wait for the next one.

Cheers
Malcolm
Old 02-09-2020, 02:43 PM   #6446
Cragster

Hey guys quick Question..I have my zone all set up for reacomp fx plugin and all is good and working but i want to control things like thresh wet dry with a fader rather then a rotary.but the fader is like real fast and wonky.i cant like fine adjust.which brings me to my question..what is the differnce between 14bit and 7bit fader in the .mst file.my mst is set now for 14bit.is 7bit like a finer fader control ?? if i made a seperate fx page with a completly differnt .mst with the faders mapped to 7 bit would that calm down the fader for finer control ?? not sure what the difference is. i mean i would be perfectly fine using the rotary (thaats actually a bit wonky too but better then the fader).or i could be totally off base with my thinking on this 7bit vs 14bit fader thing. thanks all
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:54 PM   #6447
MixMonkey

Quote:
Hey guys quick Question..I have my zone all set up for reacomp fx plugin and all is good and working but i want to control things like thresh wet dry with a fader rather then a rotary.but the fader is like real fast and wonky.i cant like fine adjust.which brings me to my question..what is the differnce between 14bit and 7bit fader in the .mst file.my mst is set now for 14bit.is 7bit like a finer fader control ?? if i made a seperate fx page with a completly differnt .mst with the faders mapped to 7 bit would that calm down the fader for finer control ?? not sure what the difference is. i mean i would be perfectly fine using the rotary (thaats actually a bit wonky too but better then the fader).or i could be totally off base with my thinking on this 7bit vs 14bit fader thing. thanks all
The controls in ReaComp are scaled dreadfully- that’s the problem

Try mapping a well behaved plugin like TDR Kotelnikov (free) and see what you think
Old 02-09-2020, 03:41 PM   #6448
Funkybot

Quote:

Try mapping a well behaved plugin like TDR Kotelnikov (free) and see what you think
Can confirm. Even when the encoders had super-fine resolution, ReaComp's attack was too coarse. It's just how it was designed.
Old 02-09-2020, 04:48 PM   #6449
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Can confirm. Even when the encoders had super-fine resolution, ReaComp's attack was too coarse. It's just how it was designed.

I actually think they messed it up when they changed the weighting of the parameters. i.e. the first portion of the slider for attack is much more precise.

(Thx Dan Worrall )

When midi mapping its like its reversed. All the precise stuff is on the opposite end of where it should be.

I reported it once but got nowhere.

Anyways....

I've been watching this thread for quite some time. It looks like its progressing quite nicely. Anyone using this with a midi fighter twister yet?
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 04:54 PM   #6450
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
I've been watching this thread for quite some time. It looks like its progressing quite nicely. Anyone using this with a midi fighter twister yet?
I've got an extensive MIDI Fighter Twister mapping here:

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=6188

Covers track controls, some global actions, mixing, and sends, along with a TON of fx mappings. There's a PDF in the zip with details of how I set it up.

If you check it out and have some feedback, let me know!
Old 02-09-2020, 05:15 PM   #6451
cjewellstudios

Quote:
I've got an extensive MIDI Fighter Twister mapping here:

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=6188

Covers track controls, some global actions, mixing, and sends, along with a TON of fx mappings. There's a PDF in the zip with details of how I set it up.

If you check it out and have some feedback, let me know!

Wow!

That's amazing and I'm sure you will be hearing from me!

Surprised I missed that post but to be honest, I'm not surprised at the same time because this thread is probably the most active thread on the whole forum lol

Brilliant work though, can't wait to check it out!
Old 02-09-2020, 05:21 PM   #6452
Dberman

Quote:
1. Now that you're getting closer, post your most recent .zon if you'd like some help with the fader configuration.
OK, here's what I have and what I could use your fantastic help with (really, thank you all again!!!)
On X-Touch One in MC User mode, all mappings work except these:
1. Fader only moves master volume and only when the Select Track button is pressed. I have a Select Master button that does not return a MIDI note and right now just basically deselects the track
2. Select Track button is pressed on any movement to another track. My goal was to move from track to track and only select a track when the button is pressed.
3. Rotary encoder works fine for panning, but I haven't found a REAPER or CSI action to return pan to center on push. RIght now, it pans hard right, because I needed something to test if it works.
4. The XTO has a Zoom button that enables the horiz. and vert. zoom, but I can't find an action for that. Zoom works fine without it.

My current .mst:
Code:
/Top row of buttons on X-T One)

Widget smpteBeats
    Press 90 35 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget TimeDisplay
    FB_MCUTimeDisplay
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelSelect
    Press 90 18 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 18 7F 90 18 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelMute
    Press 90 10 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 10 7F 90 10 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget ChannelSolo
    Press 90 08 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 08 7F 90 08 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm
    Press 90 00 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 00 7F 90 00 00
WidgetEnd

/2nd row of buttons on X-T One)

Widget Read
    Press 90 36 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 36 7F 90 36 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Write
    Press 90 37 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 37 7F 90 37 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Trim
    Press 90 38 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 38 7F 90 38 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Touch
    Press 90 39 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 38 7F 90 39 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Latch
    Press 90 3A 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 3A 7F 90 3A 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Click
    Press 90 4B 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 4B 7F 90 4B 00
WidgetEnd

/3rd row of buttons on X-T One)

Widget Marker
    Press 90 54 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Loop
    Press 90 56 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 56 7F 90 56 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Undo
  Press 90 51 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Redo
  Press 90 59 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Save
  Press 90 5A 7F
WidgetEnd

/Transport buttons on X-T One

Widget Rewind
  Press 90 5B 7F
  FB_TwoState 90 5B 7F 90 5B 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FastForward
  Press 90 5C 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 5C 7F 90 5C 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Stop
    Press 90 5D 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 5D 7F 90 5D 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Play
    Press 90 5E 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 5E 7F 90 5E 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Record
    Press 90 5F 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 5F 7F 90 5F 00
WidgetEnd

/Rotary encoder on X-T One

Widget Rotary
  Encoder B0 10 01
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush
    Press 90 20 7F
WidgetEnd

/Navigation buttons on X-T One

Widget MarkerLeft
    Press 90 2E 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget MarkerRight
  Press 90 2F 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelLeft
  Press 90 30 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelRight
  Press 90 31 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Zoom
    Press 90 64 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 64 7F 90 64 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ZoomTimelineIn
  Press 90 63 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ZoomTimelineOut
    Press 90 62 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ZoomTracksOut
  Press 90 60 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ZoomTracksIn
    Press 90 61 7F
WidgetEnd

/Fader on X-T One

Widget Fader1
	Fader14Bit E0 7F 7F
	FB_Fader14Bit E0 7F 7F
WidgetEnd
My .zon:
Code:
Zone Home
	OnFXFocus MapFocusedFXToWidgets
	IncludedZones
		"SelChannelButtons|"
		"MasterButtons|"
		"GlobalButtons|"
		"Channel|"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "SelChannelButtons|"
	SelectedTrackNavigator

ChannelSelect  TrackSelect	
	ChannelMute    TrackMute
	ChannelSolo    TrackSolo
	RecordArm      TrackRecordArm

Read 	TrackAutoMode 1
	Write 	TrackAutoMode 3
	Trim 	TrackAutoMode 0
	Touch 	TrackAutoMode 2	
        Latch 	TrackAutoMode 4
ZoneEnd

Zone "MasterButtons|"
	MasterTrackNavigator

Fader1    TrackVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone "GlobalButtons|"
	smpteBeats CycleTimeDisplayModes
	TimeDisplay TimeDisplay

Rewind      Rewind
	FastForward FastForward
	Stop        Stop
	Play        Play
	Record      Record

Undo Reaper 40029
	Redo Reaper 40030
	Save Reaper 40026

Loop  Reaper 1068
	Click Reaper 40364

Zoom 
	ZoomTimelineOut Reaper 1011
	ZoomTimelineIn  Reaper 1012
	ZoomTracksOut   Reaper 40112
	ZoomTracksIn    Reaper 40111

ChannelLeft  Reaper 40286
	ChannelRight Reaper 40285

Marker       Reaper 40157
	MarkerLeft   Reaper 40172
	MarkerRight  Reaper 40173
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|"
	SelectedTrackNavigator

ChannelSelect  TrackSelect
	Rotary		TrackPan 1	
	RotaryPush	TrackPan 0
	Fader1		TrackVolume
ZoneEnd
Old 02-09-2020, 05:38 PM   #6453
Funkybot

Quote:
Wow!

That's amazing and I'm sure you will be hearing from me!

Surprised I missed that post but to be honest, I'm not surprised at the same time because this thread is probably the most active thread on the whole forum lol

Brilliant work though, can't wait to check it out!
Glad you posted back because you made just realize that I forgot to include the MFTwister settings when I uploaded that last version. It will mostly work with factory settings, but you'll lose things like pan detents, and a few knobs may be setup as encoders that should be rotaries.

Here's an updated version. Just load up the file in the MFTwister Settings folder in the MFTwister Utility and push it out to your device.

Last edited by Funkybot; 06-19-2021 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:57 PM   #6454
Funkybot

Quote:
OK, here's what I have and what I could use your fantastic help with (really, thank you all again!!!)
On X-Touch One in MC User mode, all mappings work except these:
1. Fader only moves master volume and only when the Select Track button is pressed. I have a Select Master button that does not return a MIDI note and right now just basically deselects the track
Does "Select Master" send MIDI data in any of the other modes? Did you try MCU Standard and see if it transmits anything. It's gotta do something. In fact, I wonder...

...if you hit Channel Left or Right, does the MIDI data change at all? Particularly the data around what MIDI channel the data gets sent on? One of the Icon surfaces works by creating 9 virtual MCU faders (one fader controls 8 tracks on 8 different midi channels, and the 9th channel is the master). Maybe the X-Touch One in your particularly mode is setup similarly. That might explain both why Fader1 doesn't work, and why Select Master does nothing. Select Master may just enable that "9th fader." Here's how I'd test that:

1. Press the Bank Left button a few times, and the Channel Left button a bunch of times too - this is in case there's any internal count, we get the device to bank 1, track 1

2. Move the fader - note the MIDI address of the data being sent

3. Click Channel Right

4. Move the fader

Question: did the MIDI data change?

5. Hold Select Master

6. Move the fader

If the MIDI channel is changing, that could explain your issues. If yes, let us know because then you'd need to create multiple fader widgets (one for each virtual fader) and use a different navigator (TrackNavigator vs SelectedTrackNavigator). We'd also have to reconfigure that Channel zone to become a "Channel|1-8" zone. Just a theory.

Quote:
2. Select Track button is pressed on any movement to another track. My goal was to move from track to track and only select a track when the button is pressed.
The Reaper action I gave you is to move from track to track. I don't have any surfaces where there's a "select track" button of my own, so that could be my bad. Do any other surfaces that are already in CSI have a similar button? If so, I'd take a look at those .zon files.

Quote:
3. Rotary encoder works fine for panning, but I haven't found a REAPER or CSI action to return pan to center on push. RIght now, it pans hard right, because I needed something to test if it works.
If you have SWS Extensions installed, there an action called:

Xanakios/SWS: Pan selected tracks to center

...that might do the trick.

Quote:
4. The XTO has a Zoom button that enables the horiz. and vert. zoom, but I can't find an action for that. Zoom works fine without it.

Like the button toggles the zoom states? Or there are separate buttons for separate zoom types? If the latter, there are definitely actions for that. If it toggles, that's something maybe someone else can help with.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:13 PM   #6455
Cragster

Quote:

Thanks guys ill give that plugin a try
Old 02-09-2020, 06:28 PM   #6456
MixMonkey

Quote:
Thanks guys ill give that plugin a try
This should help get you started
Code:
VST: TDR Kotelnikov (Tokyo Dawn Labs)
0~Threshold
1~Peak Crest
2~Soft Knee
3~Ratio
4~Attack
5~Release Peak
6~Release RMS
7~Makeup
8~Dry Mix
9~Dry Wet
10~Dry Mix Mode
11~Out Gain
12~SC HP Freq
13~SC HP Slope
14~SC Stereo Diff
15~Delta
16~Bypass
17~Quality
18~Mode
19~GR Disp Scale
20~GR Disp Mode
21~Bypass
22~Wet
Old 02-09-2020, 07:00 PM   #6457
MixMonkey

Quote:
One of the Icon surfaces works by creating 9 virtual MCU faders (one fader controls 8 tracks on 8 different midi channels, and the 9th channel is the master). Maybe the X-Touch One in your particularly mode is setup similarly. That might explain both why Fader1 doesn't work, and why Select Master does nothing. Select Master may just enable that "9th fader."
This makes perfect sense, otherwise what would be the point of having various MCU modes, when an MCU has 9 faders, not 1.

@Dberman, why not try a plain vanilla MCU zone and see if the fader(s) play ball:

Code:
Zone Home
    IncludedZones
        "Buttons|"
        "Channel|1-8"
        "MasterTrack|"
    IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Buttons|"
    BankLeft                    TrackBank "-8"
    BankRight                   TrackBank "8"
    ChannelLeft                 TrackBank "-1"
    ChannelRight                TrackBank "1"
    smpteBeats                  CycleTimeDisplayModes
    TimeDisplay                 TimeDisplay
    F1                          NoAction
    F2                          NoAction
    F3                          NoAction
    F4                          NoAction
    F5                          NoAction
    F6                          NoAction
    Marker                      NoAction
    Nudge                       NoAction
    Cycle                       CycleTimeline
    Drop                        NoAction
    Replace                     NoAction
    Click                       Reaper "40364"
    Solo                        NoAction
    Rewind                      Reaper 40084
    FastForward                 Reaper 40085
    Stop                        Stop
    Play                        Play
    Record                      Record
    JogWheelRotaryCW            Reaper "40647" 
    JogWheelRotaryCCW           Reaper "40646"
    Scrub                       NoAction
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|"
    TrackNavigator
    VUMeter|                    TrackOutputMeter
    DisplayUpper|               TrackNameDisplay
    DisplayLower|               TrackPanDisplay
    TrackTouch+DisplayLower|    TrackVolumeDisplay
    RotaryPush|                 GoZone PanWidth|
    Rotary|                     TrackPan "0"
    RecordArm|                  TrackRecordArm
    Solo|                       TrackSolo
    Mute|                       TrackMute
    Select|                     TrackUniqueSelect
    Fader|                      TrackVolume
    TrackTouch+Fader|           TrackVolume
    FaderTouch|                 TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

Zone "MasterTrack|"
    MasterTrackNavigator
    MasterFader                 TrackVolume
    TrackTouch+MasterFader      TrackVolume
    MasterFaderTouch            TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

Zone "PanWidth|1-8"
    TrackNavigator
    Rotary|                     TrackPanWidth 1
    DisplayLower|               TrackPanWidthDisplay
    TrackTouch+DisplayLower|    TrackVolumeDisplay
    RotaryPush|                 GoZone Home
ZoneEnd
I've cut down an MCU.mst to go with, see next post.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:01 PM   #6458
MixMonkey

Here's the .mst, maybe try it with the MCUstd mode.
Code:
Widget BankLeft
	Press 90 2E 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget BankRight
	Press 90 2F 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelLeft
	Press 90 30 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelRight
	Press 90 31 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget smpteBeats
	Press 90 35 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget TimeDisplay
	FB_MCUTimeDisplay
WidgetEnd

Widget F1
	Press 90 36 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget F2
	Press 90 37 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget F3
	Press 90 38 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget F4
	Press 90 39 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget F5
	Press 90 3a 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget F6
	Press 90 3b 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Marker
	Press 90 54 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 54 7f 90 54 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Nudge
	Press 90 55 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 55 7f 90 55 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Cycle
	Press 90 56 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 56 7f 90 56 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Drop
	Press 90 57 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 57 7f 90 57 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Replace
	Press 90 58 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 58 7f 90 58 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Click
	Press 90 59 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 59 7f 90 59 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo
	Press 90 5a 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 5a 7f 90 5a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rewind
	Press 90 5b 7f
/	FB_TwoState 90 5b 7f 90 5b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FastForward
	Press 90 5c 7f
/	FB_TwoState 90 5c 7f 90 5c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Stop
	Press 90 5d 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 5d 7f 90 5d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Play
	Press 90 5e 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 5e 7f 90 5e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Record
	Press 90 5f 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 5f 7f 90 5f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Up
	Press 90 60 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Down
	Press 90 61 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Left
	Press 90 62 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Right
	Press 90 63 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Zoom
	Press 90 64 7f 90 64 00
	FB_TwoState 90 64 7f 90 64 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Scrub
	Press 90 65 7f 90 65 00
	FB_TwoState 90 65 7f 90 65 00
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCW
	Press b0 3c 01
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW
	Press b0 3c 41
WidgetEnd

Widget MasterFader
	Fader14Bit e8 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e8 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget MasterFaderTouch
	Press 90 70 7f 90 70 00
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter1
	FB_MCUVUMeter 0
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter2
	FB_MCUVUMeter 1
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter3
	FB_MCUVUMeter 2
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter4
	FB_MCUVUMeter 3
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter5
	FB_MCUVUMeter 4
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter6
	FB_MCUVUMeter 5
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter7
	FB_MCUVUMeter 6
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter8
	FB_MCUVUMeter 7
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper1
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 0
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper2
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 1
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper3
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 2
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper4
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 3
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper5
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 4
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper6
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 5
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper7
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 6
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayUpper8
	FB_MCUDisplayUpper 7
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower1
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 0
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower2
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 1
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower3
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 2
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower4
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 3
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower5
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 4
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower6
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 5
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower7
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 6
WidgetEnd

Widget DisplayLower8
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 7
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader1
	Fader14Bit e0 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e0 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader2
	Fader14Bit e1 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e1 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader3
	Fader14Bit e2 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e2 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader4
	Fader14Bit e3 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e3 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader5
	Fader14Bit e4 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e4 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader6
	Fader14Bit e5 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e5 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader7
	Fader14Bit e6 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e6 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader8
	Fader14Bit e7 7f 7f
	FB_Fader14Bit e7 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch1
	Press 90 68 7f 90 68 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch2
	Press 90 69 7f 90 69 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch3
	Press 90 6a 7f 90 6a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch4
	Press 90 6b 7f 90 6b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch5
	Press 90 6c 7f 90 6c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch6
	Press 90 6d 7f 90 6d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch7
	Press 90 6e 7f 90 6e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FaderTouch8
	Press 90 6f 7f 90 6f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush1
	Press 90 20 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush2
	Press 90 21 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush3
	Press 90 22 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush4
	Press 90 23 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush5
	Press 90 24 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush6
	Press 90 25 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush7
	Press 90 26 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush8
	Press 90 27 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary1
	Encoder b0 10 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 10 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary2
	Encoder b0 11 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 11 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary3
	Encoder b0 12 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 12 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary4
	Encoder b0 13 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 13 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary5
	Encoder b0 14 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 14 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary6
	Encoder b0 15 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 15 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary7
	Encoder b0 16 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 16 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary8
	Encoder b0 17 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 17 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm1
	Press 90 00 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 00 7f 90 00 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm2
	Press 90 01 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 01 7f 90 01 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm3
	Press 90 02 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 02 7f 90 02 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm4
	Press 90 03 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 03 7f 90 03 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm5
	Press 90 04 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 04 7f 90 04 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm6
	Press 90 05 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 05 7f 90 05 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm7
	Press 90 06 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 06 7f 90 06 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm8
	Press 90 07 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 07 7f 90 07 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo1
	Press 90 08 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 08 7f 90 08 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo2
	Press 90 09 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 09 7f 90 09 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo3
	Press 90 0a 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 0a 7f 90 0a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo4
	Press 90 0b 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 0b 7f 90 0b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo5
	Press 90 0c 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 0c 7f 90 0c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo6
	Press 90 0d 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 0d 7f 90 0d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo7
	Press 90 0e 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 0e 7f 90 0e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo8
	Press 90 0f 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 0f 7f 90 0f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute1
	Press 90 10 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 10 7f 90 10 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute2
	Press 90 11 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 11 7f 90 11 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute3
	Press 90 12 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 12 7f 90 12 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute4
	Press 90 13 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 13 7f 90 13 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute5
	Press 90 14 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 14 7f 90 14 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute6
	Press 90 15 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 15 7f 90 15 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute7
	Press 90 16 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 16 7f 90 16 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute8
	Press 90 17 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 17 7f 90 17 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select1
	Press 90 18 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 18 7f 90 18 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select2
	Press 90 19 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 19 7f 90 19 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select3
	Press 90 1a 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 1a 7f 90 1a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select4
	Press 90 1b 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 1b 7f 90 1b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select5
	Press 90 1c 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 1c 7f 90 1c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select6
	Press 90 1d 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 1d 7f 90 1d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select7
	Press 90 1e 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 1e 7f 90 1e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select8
	Press 90 1f 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 1f 7f 90 1f 00
WidgetEnd
Old 02-09-2020, 07:13 PM   #6459
Funkybot

Quote:
This makes perfect sense, otherwise what would be the point of having various MCU modes, when an MCU has 9 faders, not 1.
I'm not at all familiar with the MCU protocol, so it's weird just trying to guess how a surface you don't own and never used works, but logically it makes sense.

I'm still thinking about picking an X-Touch One up for myself. I'm confident that surface could be setup to work well with CSI (with some trial and error) and it has a nice feature set. If dberman can get it working, and do all the hard work for me, all the much better!
Old 02-09-2020, 07:24 PM   #6460
Cragster

Quote:
This should help get you started
Code:
VST: TDR Kotelnikov (Tokyo Dawn Labs)
0~Threshold
1~Peak Crest
2~Soft Knee
3~Ratio
4~Attack
5~Release Peak
6~Release RMS
7~Makeup
8~Dry Mix
9~Dry Wet
10~Dry Mix Mode
11~Out Gain
12~SC HP Freq
13~SC HP Slope
14~SC Stereo Diff
15~Delta
16~Bypass
17~Quality
18~Mode
19~GR Disp Scale
20~GR Disp Mode
21~Bypass
22~Wet
Thank you. So i just set it up the same way i would reacomp only using those parameters obviously ?
Old 02-10-2020, 04:39 AM   #6461
MixMonkey

Quote:
Thank you. So i just set it up the same way i would reacomp only using those parameters obviously ?
Absolutely (and the name of the plugin too, obviously)
Old 02-10-2020, 05:07 AM   #6462
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Glad you posted back because you made just realize that I forgot to include the MFTwister settings when I uploaded that last version. It will mostly work with factory settings, but you'll lose things like pan detents, and a few knobs may be setup as encoders that should be rotaries.

Here's an updated version. Just load up the file in the MFTwister Settings folder in the MFTwister Utility and push it out to your device.
Wow!

Thats pretty extensive, Sir!

I was just looking at the pdf and it all looks great. I had a couple workflow questions for you or maybe Geoff could answer.

1. Does the banking follow track visibility? i.e. if I have just 8 drum tracks visible, is that automatically going to be the 8 tracks on the twister?

2. I have scripts that change banks on my twister, which I think is so much easier than hitting those side buttons. It uses a midistuffmessage through the virtual keyboard but it needs to have a hardware out to the twister, so that would need to be enabled in Reaper prefs -> midi devices. Will I run into a problem there?

Thanks for a great guide by the way!

edit: p.s. Great minds think alike. Knob 16 for wet/dry and clicking it for bypass. I did the same for what I've mapped
Old 02-10-2020, 07:43 AM   #6463
Cragster

Quote:
Absolutely (and the name of the plugin too, obviously)
Thanks man !! And sry but another question if its ok. Im wondering about the "no action" command. I dont quite understand it . Right now if im not using a certain button for anything i just leave it out of the zone file. but im about to start making different pages for different things like edit..a page for the midi editor...recording...FX..etc. is it better practice to include evry button in my different zone files and just no action them if im not using them for that particular page ? My plan is to use the automatin buttons..read write trim etc in shift mode to switch between these pages.that will allow me to make 5 different pages with different zone files and commands mapped for that particular work flow and once im in a particular page i may not want all the buttons from my home page to be active.should i no action them or just leave them out of that pages zone file ? .again i hope i explained this understandably..right now i currently have no "no action" commands at all and evrything seems to be working fine.but i also only have the one page right now. thanks all
Old 02-10-2020, 08:07 AM   #6464
Funkybot

Quote:
Wow!

Thats pretty extensive, Sir!

I was just looking at the pdf and it all looks great. I had a couple workflow questions for you or maybe Geoff could answer.

1. Does the banking follow track visibility? i.e. if I have just 8 drum tracks visible, is that automatically going to be the 8 tracks on the twister?
I'm pretty sure that's something you can setup in CSI where you have the option to have the surface follow TCP or MCP visibility. I believe you select this on the "page" options in CSI.

I don't use a bunch of hidden tracks in my projects, so I can't comment on how well it works, but I think it's built right in.

Quote:
2. I have scripts that change banks on my twister, which I think is so much easier than hitting those side buttons. It uses a midistuffmessage through the virtual keyboard but it needs to have a hardware out to the twister, so that would need to be enabled in Reaper prefs -> midi devices. Will I run into a problem there?
Ok, so for CSI to work, the surface's MIDI ports need to be disabled in Reaper's Prefs -> MIDI Devices. Maybe some kind of method could be worked out with virtual MIDI ports and loopback devices or something, but that's otherwise beyond me.

Quote:
Thanks for a great guide by the way!

edit: p.s. Great minds think alike. Knob 16 for wet/dry and clicking it for bypass. I did the same for what I've mapped
You're welcome. I figured it was such a unique setup that documentation was needed and I was looking for an excuse to get and learn the basics of Affinity Publisher.

Regarding the wet/dry, the goal with the MFTwister mappings is to try to keep as many like-controls mapped the same across multiple plugins. Like Wet/Dry and Bypass being bottom left, and threshold being first on a compressor with input/output gain on bottom right when available. For reverbs, pre-delay is always first followed by decay time...Even if the mappings only make sense to me, they're consistent(ish) enough that I'm developing a muscle memory with the plugins where there's little guesswork as to where a control is going to be based on the type of plugin.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:15 AM   #6465
Dberman

Quote:
Does "Select Master" send MIDI data in any of the other modes? Did you try MCU Standard and see if it transmits anything. It's gotta do something. In fact, I wonder...

...if you hit Channel Left or Right, does the MIDI data change at all? Particularly the data around what MIDI channel the data gets sent on? One of the Icon surfaces works by creating 9 virtual MCU faders (one fader controls 8 tracks on 8 different midi channels, and the 9th channel is the master). Maybe the X-Touch One in your particularly mode is setup similarly. That might explain both why Fader1 doesn't work, and why Select Master does nothing. Select Master may just enable that "9th fader." Here's how I'd test that:

1. Press the Bank Left button a few times, and the Channel Left button a bunch of times too - this is in case there's any internal count, we get the device to bank 1, track 1

2. Move the fader - note the MIDI address of the data being sent

3. Click Channel Right

4. Move the fader

5. Hold Select Master

6. Move the fader

If the MIDI channel is changing, that could explain your issues. If yes, let us know because then you'd need to create multiple fader widgets (one for each virtual fader) and use a different navigator (TrackNavigator vs SelectedTrackNavigator). We'd also have to reconfigure that Channel zone to become a "Channel|1-8" zone. Just a theory.

The Reaper action I gave you is to move from track to track. I don't have any surfaces where there's a "select track" button of my own, so that could be my bad. Do any other surfaces that are already in CSI have a similar button? If so, I'd take a look at those .zon files.

If you have SWS Extensions installed, there an action called:

Xanakios/SWS: Pan selected tracks to center

...that might do the trick.

Like the button toggles the zoom states? Or there are separate buttons for separate zoom types? If the latter, there are definitely actions for that. If it toggles, that's something maybe someone else can help with.
Funkybot, I tried everything and there is no change in the MIDI data. The X-Touch One modes are (allegedly) programmed for popular DAWs like Reaper, Cubase, Logic, etc., plus the MC standard and user modes, 2 MIDI modes, and 2 HUI modes.

When I press the Master select in HUI mode, it returns a CC. In MIDI, it actually returns a MIDI note. After all this, I'm thinking I might have saved myself some grief by setting the XTO to MIDI and learning the button assignments in Reaper. But, I'm too far down the CSI road to give up now. My next step is to try MixMonkey's vanilla MCU files for comparison.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:19 AM   #6466
MixMonkey

Quote:
Thanks man !! And sry but another question if its ok. Im wondering about the "no action" command. I dont quite understand it . Right now if im not using a certain button for anything i just leave it out of the zone file. but im about to start making different pages for different things like edit..a page for the midi editor...recording...FX..etc. is it better practice to include evry button in my different zone files and just no action them if im not using them for that particular page ? My plan is to use the automatin buttons..read write trim etc in shift mode to switch between these pages.that will allow me to make 5 different pages with different zone files and commands mapped for that particular work flow and once im in a particular page i may not want all the buttons from my home page to be active.should i no action them or just leave them out of that pages zone file ? .again i hope i explained this understandably..right now i currently have no "no action" commands at all and evrything seems to be working fine.but i also only have the one page right now. thanks all
No probs The NoAction command really comes into its own when you start overlaying Zones on one another and want to prevent a non overlayed Widget from retaining its function from the previous Zone (when you don't have a new function to replace it with)

Beyond this, I use it to allow me to include all the Widgets in a Zone without having all of them defined and without commenting out the lines (which is what I did previously). I think it's probably good practice not to leave Widgets undefined in a Zone. Either they have a definition (a Reaper Action or whatever) or they're NoAction or they're not there at all
Old 02-10-2020, 08:43 AM   #6467
Cragster

Quote:
No probs The NoAction command really comes into its own when you start overlaying Zones on one another and want to prevent a non overlayed Widget from retaining its function from the previous Zone (when you don't have a new function to replace it with)

Beyond this, I use it to allow me to include all the Widgets in a Zone without having all of them defined and without commenting out the lines (which is what I did previously). I think it's probably good practice not to leave Widgets undefined in a Zone. Either they have a definition (a Reaper Action or whatever) or they're NoAction or they're not there at all
ok thank you very .you explained that very understandably thanks. evry button on my surface is present in the mst file and i will be most certainly overlaying zones once i get all the pages set up so i will use the no action command now that i know its purpose .thanks again.btw i installed that compressor you suggested .havnt made the zone file for it yet but i like it. thanks
Old 02-10-2020, 09:13 AM   #6468
Funkybot

Quote:
ok thank you very .you explained that very understandably thanks. evry button on my surface is present in the mst file and i will be most certainly overlaying zones once i get all the pages set up so i will use the no action command now that i know its purpose .thanks again.btw i installed that compressor you suggested .havnt made the zone file for it yet but i like it. thanks
The nice thing with NoAction is that you can use it strategically. Like in my FX.zon files for the MFTwister, I use a bunch of NoActions to make sure there is no spillover to the Home zone, but I can totally see scenarios where I'd absolutely want that. Like, maybe I'd want to dedicate buttons to undo/redo and not have an fx.zon take those buttons over. Could be good for quick A/B. Or maybe I'd want to use those buttons for something on an effect. That's the flexibility that having NoAction allows for.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:15 AM   #6469
Funkybot

Quote:
Funkybot, I tried everything and there is no change in the MIDI data. The X-Touch One modes are (allegedly) programmed for popular DAWs like Reaper, Cubase, Logic, etc., plus the MC standard and user modes, 2 MIDI modes, and 2 HUI modes.

When I press the Master select in HUI mode, it returns a CC. In MIDI, it actually returns a MIDI note. After all this, I'm thinking I might have saved myself some grief by setting the XTO to MIDI and learning the button assignments in Reaper. But, I'm too far down the CSI road to give up now. My next step is to try MixMonkey's vanilla MCU files for comparison.
If you can wait a few days, I just ordered the X-Touch One and can try to create an .mst and .zon file for it using one of the MCU modes. CSI has allowed me to clear up some desk space, and a single fader surface like that would be perfect as long as it works.

If I can't get mapping nicely with CSI, it'll go right back.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:59 AM   #6470
WaveTrans

Quote:
If you can wait a few days, I just ordered the X-Touch One and can try to create an .mst and .zon file for it using one of the MCU modes. CSI has allowed me to clear up some desk space, and a single fader surface like that would be perfect as long as it works.

If I can't get mapping nicely with CSI, it'll go right back.
I ordered the X-Touch One end of last year for testing.
Worked well with the CSI versions from around september.

Used it in MCU mode and as far as I can remember most buttons worked out of the Box with the MCU.mst and .zon from then. Transport, Click, mute, solo etc. (essentially those buttons which always seem to work)

As far as I remember, jogwheel and scrub did not work.
Never tried the Jogwheelhack since it wasn´t around (or i didn´t know about it then). I remember some difficulties with setting up zoom with the designated zoom buttons, but that may have been my lack of understanding how CSI works.

So it worked fine, considering the state of CSI then, I only sent it back because it is rather limited in its numbers of buttons; the IconNano has so many more
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 11:30 AM   #6471
Cragster

Quote:
The nice thing with NoAction is that you can use it strategically. Like in my FX.zon files for the MFTwister, I use a bunch of NoActions to make sure there is no spillover to the Home zone, but I can totally see scenarios where I'd absolutely want that. Like, maybe I'd want to dedicate buttons to undo/redo and not have an fx.zon take those buttons over. Could be good for quick A/B. Or maybe I'd want to use those buttons for something on an effect. That's the flexibility that having NoAction allows for.
I agree . I was already thinking on some of those same scenarios thanks for chiming in on this !!
Old 02-10-2020, 05:05 PM   #6472
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

Hopefully better than the last
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 05:34 PM   #6473
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
New build is up.

Hopefully better than the last
Hi Geoff, will check it out shortly. Aany changes to the Eucon initialization issues in the recent builds? Or has that been on the back burner while other cleanup takes place?
Old 02-10-2020, 05:39 PM   #6474
Funkybot

And...this build is back to working!!! Will report back if I find any issues.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:03 PM   #6475
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
And...this build is back to working!!! Will report back if I find any issues.
Excellent !!
Old 02-10-2020, 07:19 PM   #6476
cjewellstudios

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that's something you can setup in CSI where you have the option to have the surface follow TCP or MCP visibility. I believe you select this on the "page" options in CSI.

Yes that appears to be the case.

A few questions to you and Geoff and whoever would like to chime in. I do look forward being part of this group:

A friend of mine gave me his midi fighter twister so I will soon have two of them. Lucky me

1. as long as I configure them to send different midi messages, do you guys think it'd be possible to use them as one surface? i.e. arranging them side by side and having them act as an 8×4 surface. Top row of knobs tracks 1-8 sorta thing.

I borderline understand the concept of pages/surfaces/zones but I am unsure how we deal with two surfaces that are the same.

2. MF Twister has four banks. I thoroughly enjoy not having to use those side buttons to change banks. If the twister gets certain midi sent to it, you can change it that way. Is there anyway with csi I can set up another controller (behring tc64 (launchpad clone)) to send midi to the two twisters? I currently use scripts to do this but they require the output of the twister to be enabled in the prefs.

3. I have some workflow questions but everything seems so flexible Ill wait on those a bit and read a little bit more.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:27 PM   #6477
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Yes that appears to be the case.

A few questions to you and Geoff and whoever would like to chime in. I do look forward being part of this group:

A friend of mine gave me his midi fighter twister so I will soon have two of them. Lucky me

1. as long as I configure them to send different midi messages, do you guys think it'd be possible to use them as one surface? i.e. arranging them side by side and having them act as an 8×4 surface. Top row of knobs tracks 1-8 sorta thing.

I borderline understand the concept of pages/surfaces/zones but I am unsure how we deal with two surfaces that are the same.

2. MF Twister has four banks. I thoroughly enjoy not having to use those side buttons to change banks. If the twister gets certain midi sent to it, you can change it that way. Is there anyway with csi I can set up another controller (behring tc64 (launchpad clone)) to send midi to the two twisters? I currently use scripts to do this but they require the output of the twister to be enabled in the prefs.

3. I have some workflow questions but everything seems so flexible Ill wait on those a bit and read a little bit more.
As long as each MFT shows up in Reaper on a different Midi port (I've never seen otherwise) you don't need to configure them to send Different Midi messages -- that's what CSI is all about -- aggregating surfaces.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:04 AM   #6478
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
As long as each MFT shows up in Reaper on a different Midi port (I've never seen otherwise) you don't need to configure them to send Different Midi messages -- that's what CSI is all about -- aggregating surfaces.
Great news!

Also I found a free windows app to allow your midi devices to talk to eachother. So I'm able to send the correct CC messages from my korg nanopad to the twister to change banks, all without having them enabled in Reaper. Hopefully that doesn't present any problems.

edit: the app was midi relink for windows, but you had to actually focus that window for that to work. Midi-OX does the trick though. Plus I'm sure I can bank both twisters with that

Last edited by cjewellstudios; 02-11-2020 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:41 AM   #6479
knadles

Default MCU Pro

It was suggested that I post over here...

I have an MCU Pro that I pulled out of mothballs and repaired the display (completely new LED panel to replace the crap stock scribble strip). I've used it with Reaper in the past (years ago) and it worked. It also currently works with Logic, so I feel I can verify that it is in fact a working unit.

System is a 2018 Mac Mini, 3.0GHz, 6 cores. Catalina and Reaper 6.03.

After trying and failing to get the MCU Pro to work with several drivers, including stock, Wadd, and DrivenByMoss4Reaper-v8.70, I landed on CSI.

CSI IS an improvement over all the others, in that it actually responds to fader moves in Reaper and fader moves on the MCU Pro are reflected in Reaper. However, nothing shows up on the scribble strip. Also, the v-pots seem to work (at least with pan, which is all I tried), but they light up hard-left and stay there.

Might or might not be relevant: I was able to set up F-buttons on the MCU Pro to perform actions in the Reaper actions list.

Posting here not because I'd like someone to hold my hand (although if there's a simple fix for the v-pots and scribble strip I'd take it), but because I realize CSI is alpha software and my experience may help you track down issues.

Separately, I will continue to hunt for a way to make the MCU Pro work with Reaper.

Thanks,
Pete
knadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:58 AM   #6480
Funkybot

CSI requires some tinkering, so you'll want the "CSI experts" to look into the issues. It works with .mst files (which are just text files which define the capabilities of your surface) and .zon files (which tell CSI what those buttons, faders, rotaries should do). If you want to use CSI, the conversation about troubleshooting probably best belongs there where it will get the most attention.

For instance, your .mst or .zon files may be missing the display MCU Display code. Th .zon file may not be configured accurately for pans and may need some tweaks.

What's been the best way to troubleshoot CSI issues with a surface has been:

1. Posting the contents of your .mst and .zon files in the CSI thread along with a description of what doesn't work, then...

2. Someone with some CSI experience will take a look at the files and try to figure out what's going on, and maybe post some updated files for you to try out

You may not get folks with CSI experience to otherwise monitor this thread, hence why the CSI thread is your best bet IMO.

FYI...if you do decide to post the .mst and .zon files in the CSI thread, you can either change the file extension to .txt and upload, or wrap the contents of each file around the word "code" in brackets (e.g. [code]), then at the end of each file write forward slash+code in the bracket (e.g. [b]/code[b] - just also wrap that in brackets).