Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 10-26-2021, 05:16 AM   #1681
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by binbinhfr View Post
Pages are nice to deal with JOG.
But Zones are simpler because they do not need multiple pages, especially with my 2 controllers setup (launchcontrol + xtouch), where I apparently have to integrate the lauchcontrol config in every page, even if it's the same config.
Now you're getting it! Pages allow a complete re-configuring of CSI on the fly, but as a result, all the parts of the configuration that don't change between Pages need to be duplicated.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 10:40 PM   #1682
UNdark

Default modifiers

Would it be possible to devise a command to reset all modifiers to Off? I find coming out of FXZones, modifiers no longer can be allocated alternate buttons (with light) and it's hard to confirm which/multiples of modifiers are still active.
I'm using global view to return out of the FXZones and it would be perfect to "unselect all modifiers " when doing so.
Maybe there's already a work around for this?
Many thanks
Old 10-30-2021, 03:15 PM   #1683
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
Would it be possible to devise a command to reset all modifiers to Off? I find coming out of FXZones, modifiers no longer can be allocated alternate buttons (with light) and it's hard to confirm which/multiples of modifiers are still active.
Not sure why modifiers would cease to be allocated when leaving an FX zone. They apply globally. If I have a modifier activated when I leave an FX Zone, it's still activated in the incoming Zone and the light is still on. Am I missing something here?
Old 10-31-2021, 12:31 AM   #1684
UNdark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Not sure why modifiers would cease to be allocated when leaving an FX zone. They apply globally. If I have a modifier activated when I leave an FX Zone, it's still activated in the incoming Zone and the light is still on. Am I missing something here?
When i enter the fx zone, i'm using modifiers to take me to different regions of the FX (often multiple combos of modifiers used.)
As : shift/option/alt/option have no lights on my old MCU,
I use your trick in the fxzone to access the modifiers with alternate buttons = maker/nudge/drop + zoom - for the lights, in the FX zone. Works well.

These alternate buttons go back to their actual role when returning to the "tracks/busses"zone (global view button) so i loose the visual tip from these button lights.
I've no idea which, if any were still active on leaving the fx zone.
The modifiers are all allocated in the tracks/busses zone and continuing working causes chaos, till i find which were sill on.

Of course, i can make sure i un select all modifiers before i come out of the fx zone. My original post didn't explain: Never wanting a modifier still "on" when entering the Tracks/Busses zone from any other zone, I just want to automate that move so it doesn't need remembering or doing each time. A modifier reset, as it were, added to the global view button.
Old 10-31-2021, 07:05 AM   #1685
MixMonkey

Quote:
....These alternate buttons go back to their actual role when returning to the "tracks/busses"zone (global view button) so i loose the visual tip from these button lights.
Ah, now I get it My modifier buttons never change their definitions, regardless of which Zone is active. I consider this to be 'best practice' as modifiers are global in nature.

I can see that a 'modifier cancellation' Action would be useful in certain circumstances, but I would be more inclined to advise not to change the modifier button assignments in different Zones. Indeed, you only need to define the modifier buttons once (usually in the Buttons Zone), for them to work in all Zones.
Old 10-31-2021, 07:33 AM   #1686
zsazsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by binbinhfr View Post
No problem. I'm just relieved that you have the same behaviour and that it's not my device which is faulty.

Anyway I will write my own template. But yours was very useful to learn, thank you.
Hi,

I've changed my layout of the Behringer X-touch Mini:
https://github.com/matezsolt/x-touch_mini_csi

Regards

Zsazsi
zsazsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 07:48 AM   #1687
UNdark

Quote:
Ah, now I get it My modifier buttons never change their definitions, regardless of which Zone is active. I consider this to be 'best practice' as modifiers are global in nature.

I can see that a 'modifier cancellation' Action would be useful in certain circumstances, but I would be more inclined to advise not to change the modifier button assignments in different Zones. Indeed, you only need to define the modifier buttons once (usually in the Buttons Zone), for them to work in all Zones.
Thanks - I agree with the philosophy, as you know and i'd like to keep them the same but i need the Marker/nudge/drop/zoom to function as such in the tracks/busses zone and in the FXZone it's too confusing to not have light indicators. I know the X touch has lights on the modifiers themselves so it might be time to get one. Shame though as i already have two perfectly working old MCU's
Old 10-31-2021, 07:58 AM   #1688
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Thanks - I agree with the philosophy, as you know and i'd like to keep them the same but i need the Marker/nudge/drop/zoom to function as such in the tracks/busses zone and in the FXZone it's too confusing to not have light indicators. I know the X touch has lights on the modifiers themselves so it might be time to get one. Shame though as i already have two perfectly working old MCU's
Hmmm...

If I read correctly that you intend to use both MCUs in your workflow, why not point each unit to different .mst files and Zone folders such that one MCU does Zoom etc., and the other MCU does Shift etc. ?
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 10:01 AM   #1689
Finow79

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsazsi View Post
Hi,

I've changed my layout of the Behringer X-touch Mini:
https://github.com/matezsolt/x-touch_mini_csi

Regards

Zsazsi
Thanks for sharing your files! Like your setup!

Felix
Finow79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 10:06 AM   #1690
UNdark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Hmmm...

If I read correctly that you intend to use both MCUs in your workflow, why not point each unit to different .mst files and Zone folders such that one MCU does Zoom etc., and the other MCU does Shift etc. ?
Thanks man ,not the case i'm sorry - one's in the studio the other is here at home run my own stuff and try new setups.
Old 10-31-2021, 11:59 AM   #1691
Funkybot

Quote:
Thanks man ,not the case i'm sorry - one's in the studio the other is here at home run my own stuff and try new setups.
Do you have any other MIDI surfaces you can user for modifiers? Even an old cellphone or tablet running TouchOSC can be used for modifiers and brought into your CSI setup. Plus you can get feedback on the buttons in TouchOSC.

I had one of these lying around and use F1, F2, F3 for Alt, Ctrl, Option in addition to the Shift button. It's small and sits near my mouse.

Something that can be dedicated to modifiers might create a more cohesive experience for you. Hopefully you've got something else you can use.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 12:39 PM   #1692
UNdark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Do you have any other MIDI surfaces you can user for modifiers? Even an old cellphone or tablet running TouchOSC can be used for modifiers and brought into your CSI setup. Plus you can get feedback on the buttons in TouchOSC.

I had one of these lying around and use F1, F2, F3 for Alt, Ctrl, Option in addition to the Shift button. It's small and sits near my mouse.

Something that can be dedicated to modifiers might create a more cohesive experience for you. Hopefully you've got something else you can use.
Thanks Funkybot - i do like that idea! Been a bit fixed on milking the MCU - the Sl25 s i've used too long for midi and like their functions as is so a new larl box could be a perfect solution On a side note.. When i record midi playing, i get the pitch bend and the LFO wheel in the midi item and the envelopes . I want them in the envelopes,, that's tiptop, but can't seem to stop them being recorded into the midi item. I've tried all sorts and watched a lot of vids on it/ things related, but no actual solution.. Being a mid whizz that you are, what are your thoughts on this please? I tried long winded command chains but generally need to respond to a question box, when i wanted to create a sleek, behind the scenes type of affair. Many thanks for your modifier idea , going to get onto the shopping now
Old 11-01-2021, 08:46 AM   #1693
MixMonkey

Quote:
I see your point I gave up on the existing MCU legending ages ago and just use one of those little label printers
Old 11-01-2021, 09:13 AM   #1694
Funkybot

Quote:
midi and like their functions as is so a new larl box could be a perfect solution On a side note.. When i record midi playing, i get the pitch bend and the LFO wheel in the midi item and the envelopes . I want them in the envelopes,, that's tiptop, but can't seem to stop them being recorded into the midi item. I've tried all sorts and watched a lot of vids on it/ things related, but no actual solution.. Being a mid whizz that you are, what are your thoughts on this please?
If you're recording MIDI it's going to record that as MIDI. Reaper can set the default MIDI CC envelope shape to Bezier, if you want to edit them as bezier curves, but they won't show up in the envelope lane unless you're automating the VST parameter directly.

See this thread for some discussion:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=137956
Old 11-01-2021, 12:04 PM   #1695
UNdark

[/PHP]
Quote:
If you're recording MIDI it's going to record that as MIDI. Reaper can set the default MIDI CC envelope shape to Bezier, if you want to edit them as bezier curves, but they won't show up in the envelope lane unless you're automating the VST parameter directly.

See this thread for some discussion:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=137956
Thanks for that man- i've read more threads than i can remember on this, including this from 2014, there's scant info on what seems so simple to do in, certainly logic, from back in logic 6 in fact..
Having at least the option to record midi as envelopes, or just not in the item so you don't have to deal with that crappy editor in there, seems so fundamental when all parameters are editable as envelopes and it becomes a good workflow.. Putting rea control midi plugin there works, but you can't edit the envelopes as it fights the midi item info till you go and delete it.
Really, really hoping i'm missing something!!.. Also aware this isn't a CSI topic, my apologies..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Untitled.pdf (144.2 KB, 180 views)
Old 11-02-2021, 02:41 PM   #1696
majnu

Default Controlling bridged plugins

Hi, I need to run a plugin as a separate process (x64 bridged). However, I am not able to control it with CSI then. Is there a way to do that?

I can not use the "embed bridged UI" option.

Thanks!
majnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 08:34 PM   #1697
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by majnu View Post
Hi, I need to run a plugin as a separate process (x64 bridged). However, I am not able to control it with CSI then. Is there a way to do that?

I can not use the "embed bridged UI" option.

Thanks!
Sorry, never tried CSI with a bridged plugin. If you run the CSI action to show the plugin FX parameters when inserted, then insert the plugin, what comes up (if anything) in the ReaConsole window?
Old 11-03-2021, 03:38 AM   #1698
majnu

The parameters show up normally:

Code:
Zone "VST3: MDWEQ6-Native (Massenburg Design Works)"

SelectedTrackNavigator

FXParam 0 "Gain"
	FXParam 1 "Phase"
	FXParam 2 "Band 1 Frequency"
	FXParam 3 "Band 1 Gain"
	FXParam 4 "Band 1 Q"
ZoneEnd
The plugin window's title is different however: "MDWEQ6-Native (x64 bridged)"

I tried using that title in the Zone, but it did not respond.

Last edited by majnu; 11-03-2021 at 04:34 AM.
majnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 07:19 AM   #1699
EskoMastering

Hi there, I've just bought one of Siniarch's SiniCon consoles and I am starting to explore CSI (nice work Geoff!)
- I've had a scan through the wiki and a few of the threads on here but couldn't see any reference to 'Media item' fx chains.

Is it possible within CSI to target these and get feedback to the controller?
Previously I tried something similar with Lemur using OSC, and with midi (realearn2) but found there are real limitations to what can be achieved on media items.

For example, if the effect in focus is on a Media Item rather than track FX will it still be possible to map and send the values to the controller?

Ideally I'd like to assign buttons to display a predefined FX slot on the selected media item and for the values to appear on the unit, but just the FX in focus would be ok too.
EskoMastering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:11 AM   #1700
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskoMastering View Post
Hi there, I've just bought one of Siniarch's SiniCon consoles and I am starting to explore CSI (nice work Geoff!)
- I've had a scan through the wiki and a few of the threads on here but couldn't see any reference to 'Media item' fx chains.

Is it possible within CSI to target these and get feedback to the controller?
Previously I tried something similar with Lemur using OSC, and with midi (realearn2) but found there are real limitations to what can be achieved on media items.

For example, if the effect in focus is on a Media Item rather than track FX will it still be possible to map and send the values to the controller?

Ideally I'd like to assign buttons to display a predefined FX slot on the selected media item and for the values to appear on the unit, but just the FX in focus would be ok too.
CSI doesn't seem to see the media item FX, even when focused. Is this a CSI design limitation or a Reaper FX API limitation? That I don't know. I suspect the latter since ReaLearn2 seems to have the same limitation.

This may end up being one for teh Reaper Feature Request forum.
Old 11-05-2021, 08:29 AM   #1701
EskoMastering

Quote:
CSI doesn't seem to see the media item FX, even when focused. Is this a CSI design limitation or a Reaper FX API limitation? That I don't know. I suspect the latter since ReaLearn2 seems to have the same limitation.

This may end up being one for teh Reaper Feature Request forum.
.[/QUOTE]

Dang, I also thought it might be a Reaper limitation from looking at the list of available functions in the OSC pattern config file. ​

If it is possible to implement in CSI I'd happily donate for the development.
Old 11-07-2021, 07:33 AM   #1702
Cragster

Hey all
Having an issue I think with the VCAspill function. I know Geoff is working on something for this but as it is now it should still work right ?
Never really bothered with VCAs until recently. I'm using them alot now.From what I understand I enter VCA mode which will just make the leaders visible. Then select a leader and hit the spill action and the followers spill to the right.
The spill seems to work on the leader that's first but doesnt on any of the other leaders after ?
Is this why Geoff is working on it ? Or do I have something wrong?
Thanks for any help
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 08:14 AM   #1703
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
Hey all
Having an issue I think with the VCAspill function. I know Geoff is working on something for this but as it is now it should still work right ?
Never really bothered with VCAs until recently. I'm using them alot now.From what I understand I enter VCA mode which will just make the leaders visible. Then select a leader and hit the spill action and the followers spill to the right.
The spill seems to work on the leader that's first but doesnt on any of the other leaders after ?
Is this why Geoff is working on it ? Or do I have something wrong?
Thanks for any help
That’s what Geoff is working on.
Old 11-07-2021, 09:01 AM   #1704
Cragster

Quote:
That’s what Geoff is working on.
Ok thanks for reply. Ill hang in and wait for the new fix
Old 11-12-2021, 09:54 AM   #1705
EskoMastering

All set up with CSI here on an Xtouch extender, and it's working! There are just a couple of things I'm struggling with -

*1. I've mapped DMG's Equilibrium across the first four channels, which works, but when I first load the effect values don't match the controller until I turn the encoder, then it jumps to the controllers value. Is it possible to send all values from Reaper to the unit on track selection or when loading the plugin?

2. Reaper's band bypass has 3 positions 0.0, 0.5 and 1.0 for off, bypass and on respectively. I've mapped the mute switch on the surface to control this, with the 0.5 and 1.0 values in brackets, to toggle between them.

Is there a way to toggle the LED in the switch with this, or is this always going to be on if the value is greater than 0.

Cheers!

(*Update: Only happens with the VST3 version of Equilibrium, works with the VST2)

Last edited by EskoMastering; 11-12-2021 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Update
Old 11-12-2021, 10:37 AM   #1706
UNdark

Quote:

I swapped to this method and put marker / nudge /drop elsewhere... Though i like the idea of a small controller for the modifiers, this is much more fluent, thanks.
Old 11-14-2021, 08:27 AM   #1707
WaveTrans

Hi,

Allow me Just a simple question, please.

Is there a way/action to assign mutiple tasks to a widget, so every time the widget´s button is pressed, a different task is carried out?

For instance, at the moment I have a button to map sends and open the sends menu and another button to unmap sends and close the menu.

It would be more convenient (and would save buttons) if both actions were on the same button, so hitting it once maps and opens sends/menu and hitting it again unmaps and closes the menu.

Modifiers are not working on my surface in this case (Icon Nano)

I looked through the thread and wiki but I couldn´t find anything in this respect.

Thanks, W
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 09:47 AM   #1708
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
Hi,

Allow me Just a simple question, please.

Is there a way/action to assign mutiple tasks to a widget, so every time the widget´s button is pressed, a different task is carried out?

For instance, at the moment I have a button to map sends and open the sends menu and another button to unmap sends and close the menu.

It would be more convenient (and would save buttons) if both actions were on the same button, so hitting it once maps and opens sends/menu and hitting it again unmaps and closes the menu.

I looked through the thread and wiki but I couldn´t find anything in this respect.

Thanks, W
Have you tried the Hold modifier ? Press to map and open sends. Press and hold to unmap and close ? Just an idea
Old 11-14-2021, 11:30 AM   #1709
Funkybot

Quote:

I'm not sure why Modifiers are not working. Can you post your .zon folder contents. I don't know something like this wouldn't work:

Code:
Send          MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
Shift+Send    UnMapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
Also, with most setups, you should be able to just add a GoZone "Home" and have that unmap the sends. Something like this:

Code:
Channel        GoZone "Home"
Send           MapSelectedTrackSendsToWdigets
...there are some setups where that may not work (example: if the Sends exist in your Home zone) but I don't think that'd be the case in your setup. My advice: if the above doesn't help, then zip up your zon files and post them here so we can have a look and figure out what's going on.
Old 11-14-2021, 12:33 PM   #1710
Geoff Waddington

Here's a great video from UNdark (I admit to being a total Oberheim freak ) showing CSI controlling synth params:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D2ohKbf1w8
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 07:56 AM   #1711
WaveTrans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
Have you tried the Hold modifier ? Press to map and open sends. Press and hold to unmap and close ? Just an idea
Thanks, I tried that, but it does not work.
The Menu stays open only for a couple of seconds and then closes while the sends remain mapped.

Code:
Zone "Buttons"
	Track 		Reaper 	"40917"  		// Master MonoStereo
	Send 		Reaper 	"40293"  		// Send Menu
	Send 		MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
	Hold+Send 	Reaper 	"40293"  		// Send Menu
	Hold+Send 	UnMapSelectedTrackSendsFromWidgets
ZoneEnd
Old 11-15-2021, 08:07 AM   #1712
WaveTrans

Quote:
I'm not sure why Modifiers are not working. Can you post your .zon folder contents. I don't know something like this wouldn't work:

Code:
Send          MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
Shift+Send    UnMapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
Also, with most setups, you should be able to just add a GoZone "Home" and have that unmap the sends. Something like this:

Code:
Channel        GoZone "Home"
Send           MapSelectedTrackSendsToWdigets
...there are some setups where that may not work (example: if the Sends exist in your Home zone) but I don't think that'd be the case in your setup. My advice: if the above doesn't help, then zip up your zon files and post them here so we can have a look and figure out what's going on.
Thanks, the problem lies (as so often) within the Nano. It has modifier buttons but they appear not to work with any other buttons on the surface itself. Even when pressed longer to engage hold mode there is no effect. No difference in codes sent to Reaper when modifiers are engaged.

Basically the modifiers of the Nano work but only in context with the Xplus extender surface.

The following code does, unfortunately, not work on the Nano
Code:
Zone "Buttons"
	Shift+Send 	Reaper 	"40293"  		// Send Menu
        Shift+Send 	UnMapSelectedTrackSendsFromWidgets
ZoneEnd
I tested all combinations I could think off but nothing worked as expected. So I will stick to your suggestion using the "GoZone "Home"" setup which frees some buttons.

Thanks, again!
Old 11-15-2021, 08:15 AM   #1713
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Here's a great video from UNdark (I admit to being a total Oberheim freak ) showing CSI controlling synth params:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D2ohKbf1w8
Well done UNdark!
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 08:17 AM   #1714
Funkybot

Quote:
Thanks, I tried that, but it does not work.
The Menu stays open only for a couple of seconds and then closes while the sends remain mapped.

Code:
Zone "Buttons"
	Hold+Send 	Reaper 	"40293"  		// Send Menu
	Hold+Send 	UnMapSelectedTrackSendsFromWidgets
ZoneEnd
Unfortunately the routing window isn't handled the same way the mixer is for example, with an on and off state, and that 40293 action isn't ideal either. There's no real "toggle Routing window for last touched track" action and the routing window itself will automatically close once you click elsewhere in the GUI.

So that action is only meant to open the routing window and not close it. If you open the Reaper action list, highlight that action, and click the Run button, the window will open. Click the Run button a second time, and the window flashes shut and reopens. It's not a toggle. And there's no toggle action for it.

As a clumsy workaround, if you want to close the window, you may be able to run the actions to select next track and select previous track. I believe selecting any other track will automatically close the window, so if you select next, that should close it, then selecting previous again should restore the track selection.
Old 11-15-2021, 01:24 PM   #1715
UNdark

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Well done UNdark!
Thanks Charlie - working my way through a good few keyboards from different companies... Cherry audio have the most workable layout, Arturia, though i like the keyboards, are a bit of a nightmare and this Oberheim was a beast! Switching channels with no glitches is also best with cherry audio.. Arturia and Softube have some sort of delay and crackle swapping, apparently due to the protection rather than the plugin....otherwise this set up would be great live! record enable multiple tracks/live perform and latch record parameters/ go back and touch record to tidy up.. best system I've used yet...
Old 11-15-2021, 01:32 PM   #1716
Funkybot

For my money, the best analog poly synth emulations in the box are: U-he's Repro 1/5 (Pro-One and Prophet-5), TAL J-8 (Jupiter-8), Synapse Audio's Obsession (OB-Xa), and U-he's Diva. Since we're talking synths...
Old 11-15-2021, 01:36 PM   #1717
UNdark

Quote:
For my money, the best analog poly synth emulations in the box are: U-he's Repro 1/5 (Pro-One and Prophet-5), TAL J-8 (Jupiter-8), Synapse Audio's Obsession (OB-Xa), and U-he's Diva. Since we're talking synths...
haha - Yes! That Tal juptier 8 is a top one...! Sonically the DCO 106 (cherry audio) not so on point but i have found their stuff so much easier to program
Old 11-15-2021, 01:39 PM   #1718
UNdark

Quote:
I have the diva which is a great keyboard but not stuck it into CSI yet... Thanks for the U-he shout, i didn't realise that was a pro one and prophet 5! Been doing the Arturia prophet 5/VS. Had a Pro one back in the day - will look into that
Old 11-15-2021, 02:02 PM   #1719
Funkybot

Quote:
I have the diva which is a great keyboard but not stuck it into CSI yet... Thanks for the U-he shout, i didn't realise that was a pro one and prophet 5! Been doing the Arturia prophet 5/VS. Had a Pro one back in the day - will look into that
The Pro-One has such aggressively stupid audio rate modulation depths it's truly a wonder how great the U-he emulation is. Really great! The Prophet-5 emulation is definitely one that requires a modern CPU but also sounds incredible. I've got a hardware Prophet-10 Rev 4 here, and the U-he version can get very, very close. It just doesn't get quite as sloppy as what the Vintage knob does on the hardware. Otherwise, the sound is pretty bang on once you calibrate by ear. U-he leads the game when it comes to analog emulation. The Arturia Prophet-5 doesn't touch it.
Old 11-15-2021, 06:31 PM   #1720
MixMonkey

Regarding DIVA, what would be great would be a way for CSI to switch Zones (actually FX SubZones) on receiving a particular FX parameter value.

The problem at the moment is that you can easily map each of DIVA's modules (5 oscillator types, 4 HPFs, 5 LPFs and 3 envelope types) to their own SubZone. That way, with careful layout on the surface (I can just about fit it in on a C4), you can mix and match the different module components freely. I settled on a simple press to switch from one type to another, cycling round.

So for the LPFs, say, the SubZone navigation looks like this:
Code:
Zone "DIVA-LPF_LADDER"
/LPF_LADDER
DisplayUpperA5 FXParamNameDisplay 154 "LPF"
DisplayLowerA5 FXParamNameDisplay 154 "LADDER" 
RotaryA5 NoAction
RotaryPushA5 FXParam 147 [ 0.25 ]
RotaryPushA5 GoSubZone "DIVA-LPF_CASCADE" 
Code:
Zone "DIVA-LPF_CASCADE"
/LPF_CASCADE
DisplayLowerA5 FXParamNameDisplay 154 "CASCDE" 
RotaryA5 NoAction 
RotaryPushA5 FXParam 147 [ 0.5 ]
RotaryPushA5 GoSubZone "DIVA-LPF_MMODE"
Code:
Zone "DIVA-LPF_MMODE"
/LPF_MMODE
DisplayLowerA5 FXParamNameDisplay 154 "MMODE" 
RotaryA5 FXParam 154 [ (0.0001,0.01,0.03,0.06,0.2) ]
RotaryPushA5 FXParam 147 [ 0.75 ]
RotaryPushA5 GoSubZone "DIVA-LPF_BITE"
Code:
Zone "DIVA-LPF_BITE"
/LPF_BITE
DisplayUpperA5 FXParamNameDisplay 147 "LPF"
DisplayLowerA5 FXParamNameDisplay 147 "BITE"
RotaryA5 NoAction
RotaryPushA5 FXParam 147 [ 1.0 ]
RotaryPushA5 GoSubZone "DIVA-LPF_UHBIE"
Code:
Zone "DIVA-LPF_UHBIE"
/LPF_UHBIE
DisplayUpperA5 FXParamNameDisplay 267 "LPF"
DisplayLowerA5 FXParamNameDisplay 267 "UHBIE"
RotaryA5 FXParam 267 [ (0.0001,0.01,0.03,0.06,0.2) ]
RotaryPushA5 FXParam 147 [ 0.0 ]
RotaryPushA5 GoSubZone "DIVA-LPF_LADDER"
I've left out the actual control mapping for brevity, but you can see that pressing RotaryPushA5 will step you through the LPF types. This approach works equally well for the oscillators, HPFs and envelopes.

So far so good. The problem occurs when you've made your nifty selection of modules, programmed up a scorching patch and then switched to another track to fiddle with some other plugin. When you return to the DIVA track, your selection of modules won't be remembered (the sound will recall just fine), meaning that in order to continue programming you have to reselect the correct modules again.

The cure for this, as I see it, would be some mechanism that allows CSI to recognise that receiving (in the above example) FX parameter 147, value 0.75 means GoSubZone "DIVA-LPF_BITE". That way when you return to the track, the correct selection of modules appear on the surface (as they do on the screen).

The application of this mechanism has uses way beyond DIVA. It would allow recalling custom Zone layouts for any plugin where you get to pick module types, providing the module switching is exposed to the automation system.