Old 09-16-2021, 03:29 PM   #1521
Marek
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Are you sure that's appropriate advice? What surface are you using?
Yes, Iím sure, for now anyway I have the same surface to test with, xtouch mini.
My advice to change the widgets is just for this particular surface, donít take it as a general rule for another hardware. Sorry if that wasnít clear.

Why do you think my advice isnít appropriate? Itís a genuine question, no attack. Iím interested in what could cause a problem.
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 11:02 AM   #1522
istominmusic

Quote:
A wise move Here's an mst configured for MC mode.

If you wouldn't mind, could you confirm that the rotary acceleration values are correct? (I don't have an XTouch Mini here).

Just hook up the XTouch Mini to a MIDI monitor app and look at the values sent out when a rotary is turned at different speeds, clockwise and anti-clockwise.

EDIT: Had an extra thought If you assign the LayerA button (as it's called in my .mst) to Shift and LayerB to Option in your Zones, you'll effectively give yourself access to 3 'layers' of controls
Я весь контроллер переключил в режим MC. Все 8 Encoders имеют 6 значений ускорения.
istominmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 11:10 AM   #1523
istominmusic

Dear friends! Thank you SO much for your help! At the moment, EVERYTHING has worked! Using the formula, I adjusted the accuracy of the encoders. Yes, you have to fit the formula into each FX parameter. At the moment buttons A B - I programmed like Shift, Alt, which gave additional zones. But that's not all! I created a tablet and phone interface in Lemur. I had to read the commands sent by the controller and recreate them in the interface. But the main task of the interface is that it has an LCD MCU (which is not in my XTouch Mini). Now both devices (old phone, Android 4.2) and tablet - have interfaces that show information about what parameters each encoder currently controls. Everything is very convenient!!!
It would, of course, be cool if in the future CSI made an auto map that files would be created automatically after I specified control parameters. I will send you a video report (sorry that in Russian).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEv9...BC%D0%B8%D0%BD
istominmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 05:17 PM   #1524
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
Why do you think my advice isn’t appropriate? It’s a genuine question, no attack. I’m interested in what could cause a problem.
Maybe next time lead with 'I have the same surface and have found this works better'

Incidentally, what are the shortcomings of using the standard method?

Last edited by MixMonkey; 09-17-2021 at 05:37 PM.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 05:22 PM   #1525
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by istominmusic View Post
Я весь контроллер переключил в режим MC. Все 8 Encoders имеют 6 значений ускорения.
If the encoders only have six acceleration values each way it might be worth editing the .mst to reflect that. At the moment the .mst has ten values each way:

Code:
[ > 01-0a < 41-4a ]
You didn't mention what the values actually were. It would be good to know that so I can create a more accurate .mst to go in the CSI download.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:36 PM   #1526
MixMonkey

Quote:
Dear friends! Thank you SO much for your help! At the moment, EVERYTHING has worked! Using the formula, I adjusted the accuracy of the encoders. Yes, you have to fit the formula into each FX parameter. At the moment buttons A B - I programmed like Shift, Alt, which gave additional zones. But that's not all! I created a tablet and phone interface in Lemur. I had to read the commands sent by the controller and recreate them in the interface. But the main task of the interface is that it has an LCD MCU (which is not in my XTouch Mini). Now both devices (old phone, Android 4.2) and tablet - have interfaces that show information about what parameters each encoder currently controls. Everything is very convenient!!!
Awesome work! Glad to hear you're rolling
Quote:
It would, of course, be cool if in the future CSI made an auto map that files would be created automatically after I specified control parameters. I will send you a video report (sorry that in Russian).
Yes, a less cumbersome way of creating fx.zon files would be nice. Creating a template of the controller and adding the parameter indexes and names to it is usually the least painful way I created an Excel sheet c/w some VBA code to create fx.zon files for my Mackie C4 that works pretty well.
Excellent video! Yep, those unused phones and tablets make great displays for controllers that lack them
Old 09-17-2021, 06:59 PM   #1527
cjewellstudios

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEv9...BC%D0%B8%D0%BD
Nice video!

and yeah if you're a nerd like the rest of us (it seems like that may be the case) you'll end up in excel learning/adapting vba code to make the mapping of FX easier.
cjewellstudios is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:57 AM   #1528
Nixon

hi all,
I'm planning to test CSI with a behringer ddx3216 digital mixer. This will be my first experience with CSI and I wonder if anyone tried to set up this mixer before. kind regards
Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 06:09 AM   #1529
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
hi all,
I'm planning to test CSI with a behringer ddx3216 digital mixer. This will be my first experience with CSI and I wonder if anyone tried to set up this mixer before. kind regards
Hi @Nixon and welcome to CSI! I had a quick look at the MIDI implementation of the BehringerDDX3216, and whilst it's rather limited, you should be able to get a few things working.

It has controllers assigned for faders (for various purposes), pan and mute (although, rather awkwardly, it uses different CC numbers for mute on and mute off).

I put together a very basic CSI folder for you, really just to see if we can get this thing off the ground.

Make sure the DDX3216 is disabled in the MIDI Devices prefs and then set it up by following the instructions in the Wiki.

Use the CSI folder I've attached instead of the one in the download. Set the number of channels in the CSI prefs to 16. If all is working you should be able to control the faders of tracks 1-16 in Reaper.

Once we get this working we can look at adding more stuff Good luck!
Attached Files
File Type: zip CSI.zip (7.4 KB, 7 views)
Old Yesterday, 05:27 AM   #1530
FastTriggerFish

Default Up to date X touch files

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up my Behringer X-touch, I came across these files
https://siniarch.wixsite.com/csiconf...ringer-x-touch

but they don't seem to work anymore in version 1.1
The standard MCU mode works but with limited functionality.
Would someone know how I can update the previous configs to work in 1.1 ?
FastTriggerFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM   #1531
ivanmihaljevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastTriggerFish View Post
Hi all,

You can find a list of things that need to be changed here - https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...g-from-csi-v10

Basically, you need to separate the Zone files, so that there's only one Zone per file and change some navigator names and that's about it.
ivanmihaljevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM   #1532
MixMonkey

Quote:
Hi all,

Give the attached files a try before you set about converting the older ones

If you find stuff that doesn't work, can you post back and let me know so I can correct the files?
Attached Files
File Type: zip XTouch.zip (25.8 KB, 7 views)
Old Yesterday, 03:13 PM   #1533
FastTriggerFish

Quote:
Give the attached files a try before you set about converting the older ones

If you find stuff that doesn't work, can you post back and let me know so I can correct the files?
Wow brilliant, thank you very much ! On first impression a lot of stuff seems to work though I will need to spend a bit of time with the files to understand the mapping in details.
One thing that doesn't work as expected is that the >>> and <<< buttons do scrubbing rather than moving between markers like in MCU mode, which I think is much more useful.
This is probably a simple change, I will try taking a look.
FastTriggerFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM   #1534
Nixon

Quote:
Hi @Nixon and welcome to CSI! I had a quick look at the MIDI implementation of the BehringerDDX3216, and whilst it's rather limited, you should be able to get a few things working.

It has controllers assigned for faders (for various purposes), pan and mute (although, rather awkwardly, it uses different CC numbers for mute on and mute off).

I put together a very basic CSI folder for you, really just to see if we can get this thing off the ground.

Make sure the DDX3216 is disabled in the MIDI Devices prefs and then set it up by following the instructions in the Wiki.

Use the CSI folder I've attached instead of the one in the download. Set the number of channels in the CSI prefs to 16. If all is working you should be able to control the faders of tracks 1-16 in Reaper.

Once we get this working we can look at adding more stuff Good luck!

Wow thanks, that's very kind from you MixMonkey I think I'm going to check the file this week and report back
Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM   #1535
MixMonkey

Quote:
Wow brilliant, thank you very much ! On first impression a lot of stuff seems to work though I will need to spend a bit of time with the files to understand the mapping in details.
One thing that doesn't work as expected is that the >>> and <<< buttons do scrubbing rather than moving between markers like in MCU mode, which I think is much more useful.
This is probably a simple change, I will try taking a look.
Glad it seems to be working ok

You'll have to change various button actions to restore the functionality you're used to, but this <should> be quicker than re-writing what you previously had to suit the the V1.1 Zone style/syntax

I don't have an XTouch, so if you come across anything that's plain broken (as opposed to just being differently assigned), please let me know, as I can't test for myself