Old 07-16-2017, 07:39 AM   #1
RavenMadd
Human being with feelings
 
RavenMadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: nyc/nj metro area
Posts: 6
Default hello folks ...newbie

...I am normally a old style tape op dude ...so I am here to learn ....love the easy use to this point of recording ,,,,got a focusrite solo gen 2 from fathers day $$$$$ ,,,,been reading the manual and your forum on the fly about the reaper ,,,,,tried the pro-fools one and studio one flea ,,,,could not grasp any of them ...see alot of sound simple answers to questions here ,,,,have a great sunday being creative
RavenMadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:54 AM   #2
martifingers
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,285
Default

Welcome RavenMadd. My first try with REAPER was not a great success but came back after a year or so and things started to click (probably my ageing brain cells!) So hope you find your way forward quickly.
martifingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:26 AM   #3
ivansc
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Cambridge UK and Near Questembert, France
Posts: 15,919
Default

Hi and welcome! Do be sure and read some of the many excellent video tutorials on the same page (this one, see the header) as you found the manual download.
__________________
UK and USA: Our leaders MAY be buffoons but they are still dangerous buffoons.
ivansc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:33 PM   #4
RavenMadd
Human being with feelings
 
RavenMadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: nyc/nj metro area
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Hi and welcome! Do be sure and read some of the many excellent video tutorials on the same page (this one, see the header) as you found the manual download.
thank you
__________________
I plead the fifth ....you drink a fifth RavenMadd
RavenMadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:35 PM   #5
RavenMadd
Human being with feelings
 
RavenMadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: nyc/nj metro area
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martifingers View Post
Welcome RavenMadd. My first try with REAPER was not a great success but came back after a year or so and things started to click (probably my ageing brain cells!) So hope you find your way forward quickly.
same here .....now just trying to keep bs out of the way ...thank

you
__________________
I plead the fifth ....you drink a fifth RavenMadd
RavenMadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:02 PM   #6
Rangler
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenMadd View Post
...I am normally a old style tape op dude ...so I am here to learn ....love the easy use to this point of recording ,,,,got a focusrite solo gen 2 from fathers day $$$$$ ,,,,been reading the manual and your forum on the fly about the reaper ,,,,,tried the pro-fools one and studio one flea ,,,,could not grasp any of them ...see alot of sound simple answers to questions here ,,,,have a great sunday being creative
Watch the Reaper Mania lessons on YouTube. Start with the oldest one.

Be patient, I guess.
Rangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:25 PM   #7
Niowiad
Human being with feelings
 
Niowiad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 11
Default

I'd follow the order they were put in the video section
https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php
Niowiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:50 AM   #8
RavenMadd
Human being with feelings
 
RavenMadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: nyc/nj metro area
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangler View Post
Watch the Reaper Mania lessons on YouTube. Start with the oldest one.

Be patient, I guess.

boss you got it ....I am gonna take my time till I get
__________________
I plead the fifth ....you drink a fifth RavenMadd
RavenMadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:51 AM   #9
RavenMadd
Human being with feelings
 
RavenMadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: nyc/nj metro area
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niowiad View Post
I'd follow the order they were put in the video section
https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php
merci mon ami
__________________
I plead the fifth ....you drink a fifth RavenMadd
RavenMadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:07 PM   #10
4140
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 164
Default

Hey, welcome. Good bunch of peeps here, very helpful. Start with the videos on this site, it'll get u up and running. Once u get the basics down, there's pretty much nothing u can't do in reaper
4140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:34 PM   #11
Twangothan
Human being with feelings
 
Twangothan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Posts: 342
Default

Welcome Raven. I got into it taking a bunch of tracks and going through the manual chapter by chapter. You won't remember everything but you'll remember it was there and be able to go back. Plus the videos are brilliant and the people here are super supportive. Let us know how you get on!
Twangothan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.